The Child Who Holds the Power

Da loverice

To Jezebel Spencer being made to move to the other side of the world, away from her beloved home and country... Altro

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
The Child Out For Revenge

Chapter 21

4.2K 159 12
Da loverice

Chapter 21

I really enjoyed the feeling of waking up in Josh's strong and warm arms. I think Chris and Daniel got used to the idea of it after three days of finding us asleep in the same room. As I lay sleepily next Josh he whispered in my ear that we didn't have anywhere to go so we could stay in bed as long as we like. I think we could have lay there for hours together and let the world fall away. But as comfortable as it was to have Josh play with my hair as I drew patterns on his chest we had to get up eventually.

As I tried to get out of bed Josh pulled me back in wrapping his arms around my waist. I fell back against the bed and looked up at Josh faking a frown. He kneeled beside me looking down at me. He put one hand on the side of my face and smiled. I placed on hand over his and smiled back. With my other hand I touched the necklace he gave me last night, which I refused to take off. I moved both hand to the sides of his face and slowly brought his mouth to mine.

He leaned over me and our lips met. He kissed me softly and sweetly at first. But then we both started to kiss back with more passion. Josh moved so he was kneeling over me instead of being beside me. I ran my hand through his slightly messy hair and pulled him closer. With one arm Josh slowly started to push my pyjama shirt up all the while he never broke the kiss once. I really thought we were going to do it, that was until there was a knock at the door.

We broke away from each other instantly startled. We were both breathing heavily and I could feel my face getting hot.

"Guys get up! We've got stuff to do!" Chris yelled through the door.

Josh groaned and whispered to me, "They seriously have the worst timing in the world."

I rubbed my face with my hands and nodded my reply. Josh got up and was about to walk into the bathroom but came back quickly. I got up and came right up close to me.

He kissed me briefly on the lips and then moved his mouth right next to my ear, "Maybe next time."

His tone was so cheeky and before he turned around he hooked his fingers at the top of my short and pulled back the waistband. He let it go making it snap back against my waist. He gave me a naughty smile before darting back to the bathroom and closed the door before I could come after him. I laughed at Josh's funny behaviour and went to go and get dressed.

After we'd both gotten dressed and had something to eat the four of us congregated in the lounge room.

"Why the hell are you getting us out of bed? We're not supposed to be doing anything today," Josh asked a little annoyed.

Daniel smirked as if he knew exactly what Josh would have preferred to be doing and replied, "Just because you didn't have anything planned for today doesn't mean we don't."

Josh scowled at Daniel's fake apologetic tone.

Chris rolled his eyes but answered the real question, "We thought since we weren't going out anywhere that maybe Jezebel should start trying out her magic."

My face lit up, "Yes! We should definitely do that!"

Josh laughed and I frowned at him. He just smiled at me and then it was my turn to roll my eyes.

Then I realised something and my face fell, "But I don't know how to use it, the magic."

The four of us sat there thinking for a few moments before Josh sighed.

"Yes you do," he said serious at last.

I looked at him confused.

"When you woke up that morning after you were awakened and the whole thing with Kyle. The only reason we all got out of that alive was because you used your magic," Josh explained.

I thought back to the explosions of golden power, "Yeah I know that was me but I had no control over that. I don't even know how that happened."

Josh opened his mouth and then closed it thinking for an answer. 

Daniel asked, "How many times did you unintentionally use your magic?"

"Uuuhhh," I though back to the day and the beach, "Three times, I used it three times."

"Ok, now we just need to figure out the common factor between them and then we'll know where to start," Chris said catching on.

I nodded, "Ok, that sounds good and all but I don't have a clue what the "common factor" is," I responded doubtfully.

We all sat there on the couches puzzling over what could have triggered the magic. I didn't get any ideas and everything others were coming up with wasn't right either.

Josh asked, "I remember there being two times when you used magic. When was the third?"

"On the beach," I answered.

Daniel tried, "Were you thinking about using magic?"

I shook my head.

"So the beach was the first time. The second was when Kyle......when he bit you. The last time was downstairs and Kyle asked his witch to get me, right?" Josh checked.

"Yeah, I don't understand where you're going with this," I added confused.

Josh held up a hand as if to say wait, "On the beach what were you feeling when you used the magic?"

Chris stared laughing out of nowhere. Through his laughter he managed to get out, "Since when have you been all girly and want to talk about feelings?"

I laughed too but I kicked Chris in the shin which made him stop laughing all most immediately.

Josh made a face a Chris but continued, "Seriously, what were you feeling on the beach?"

I bit my lip thinking back to the beach. It was a little difficult because those memories were a little fuzzy.

"I was scared, really scared," I answered.

"How about when Kyle bit you?" Josh asked, although I think he already knew the answer.

"Intense pain," I said in a small voice.

"And downstairs?" Josh finished.

"I was worried for you. I panicked because I thought they were going to hurt you," I almost whispered.

I looked away, "The connection is a strong emotion."

"Ooooohhh," Daniel finally caught on.

"Does that mean I can only use magic if I'm scared, angry or upset or something?" I asked confused again.

"I don't think so," Chris cut in. "If you think about it, if you concentrated and focus on it enough that's kind of like an emotion."

"I think it's worth a try," Josh accepted the idea.

The three boys turned to look at me. I opened my mouth to protest to say I didn't know how to do it. But nothing came out I had to resort to just looking really uncertain.

Josh scooted up beside me and took my hands in his, "When you were a little kid what did you always wish you could do?"

"When I was eleven I wanted to go to Hogwarts," I replied unclear.

Daniel cracked up laughing and I snapped at him, "Oh shut up Daniel. I was eleven and who doesn't want to go to Hogwarts?"

That didn't stop him from continuing to laugh.

"I grew up knowing who I was, knowing what I was. You grew up as a human. Most humans wish they had some sort of supernatural power," Josh urged me to think.

I knew he was right but I didn't want admit it, so I decided to skip that bit and started to focus on the remote control on the coffee table. Telekinesis was always what I dreamed I could do. Moving objects with your mind just always appealed to me. Maybe it was because of all the mischief you could cause with it or.....I don't really know why. I've just always wanted to be able to do that.

I tuned out everything else. All noise, any movement in the room fell away as concentration took over. I let self-belief fill all corners of my body and soul. I knew I could do it, I knew there was magic inside me and I believed with everything in me that I could lift that remote control off the table. I could feel it starting to work. The energy that started to flow through my body and adrenaline was pumping through my veins. I felt the same sensation in my chest as the last time I used magic. It was almost like butterflies in my stomach.

Then the release of the power, I could feel it but I couldn't see it. But I could see the remote control lifting off of the table. I moved my eyes to the right and the control moved to the right. I did the same for the left and it moved again. I moved it back to the table and let it go. I let out a breath that I hadn't realised I had been holding and a smiled crept across my face.

I looked at Josh, "I did it."

He smile was so wide and proud, "Yeah, you did."

"Haaaahhaaaa! She did it! Woohoo!" Daniel cheered.

I laughed and so did everyone else. We all laughed for a long time high on the ecstasy of triumph. One thought didn't leave my mind though. I did it. Me. I did it and I was never going to feel helpless again now that I knew how to use magic. I smiled happily and continued to laugh at Daniel.

I did it.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

504K 1.2K 3
This book has been removed from Wattpad.
15K 582 34
I am 16 years old and finally will have a life out the home I have know for so long. I will be going to a school. The leaders of our city will be pic...
154 56 8
Unknown to his roots, a half-vampire boy roams carefree in the busy human streets every day, away from the cruel realities of life. Adopted by a were...
123K 3.8K 51
When a grieving teenage girl suddenly obtains the ability to shapeshift into her destined animal, she and her school of shifters struggle to discover...