Mateo - # Wattys 2017

By thestoryteller123

Lucy Mathews didn't quite know what she was getting into when she agreed to be the personal assistant of Mate... More

Sorry not sorry
Welcome
The Red dress
Robbers
I guarantee it.
The kiss
Frustration
Happy
Awww nuts
La resistenza
Sesso
Mambo
Roco Santana
Salvatore
Dominico Rosario
Draco D'Amico
Sorella
Laura Mathews
The Date
Back to work
Look who's coming to dinner
Sorpresa
L'italiano Casa
Traditore
The Truth
Nosey
Father
Slip of the Finger
Baby
Sequel

Friends ?

13.4K 541 22
By thestoryteller123

It's been a full week and a half since I've begun working for Mateo. It's been hell most of the time if not from him yelling at me that I'm incompetent then it's me yelling at him to stop yelling at me.

Through all this yelling back and forth you'd think I'd have been fired by now but no he doesn't fire me. A devilish side of me wonders what his breaking point would be. But I'm too smart to try and find it.

" Lucy cancel all my appointments for the evening because the gala is tonight. I'm sending you home an hour early to get ready and be ready by eight because that's when the driver is coming to get you. " I put some files back in his cabinet. I looked at my new watch and saw it was six thirty all ready. He stood grabbing his jacket of his chair. I silently grabbed my purse and put my phone and laptop inside before following him to the elevator. This is how our evenings end for the most part. He either drives me home or has his limo come get me and drop me off, especially if I have to run his errands.

" Do you have any family ? " He asked as the elevator took us down to the first floor. I was thrown off by his question. No one asks about my family because I never talk about them.

Let's see there's my mom who was drunk most of life and my father who cheated his way through life. I didn't have any siblings—that I knew of. God knows my father got around so I can never say never.

" No I don't—well I have my parents but we haven't been on good terms since I left for college six years ago. " I admitted and he glanced at me running a hand through his hair which made it a tad bit messy and yet more captivating than it was before.

" Oh...I'm sorry for asking. " He answered, I furrowed my eyebrows. He's sorry ? There must be a god.

" I-I never mind. " He stammered.

" No what were you going to say ? " I pressed.

" Nothing forget it Lucy. Just know I know how you feel—about your parents I mean. " He swiftly got off the elevator before I could say anymore.

He stalked passed the secretary desk without even a nod and I followed, smiling sweetly at Molly who still gives me shit. I rushed to his limo where a driver was waiting.

Once inside I took a deep breath before continuing. " What do you mean you know how I feel ? Your rich—I mean and I came from nothing and up until now had nothing. My parents were a bunch of drunks that beat me and starved me half to death. I was never wanted. I was a mistake, so tell me do you really know how I feel ? " I asked and he wiped his hand across his face in what I perceived as exasperation.

Without any words he came over to me and pulled me into a tight hug. My arms hung limp from the shock that Mateo was capable of showing sympathy.

" I am truly sorry for the pain you went through as I child and no I was not beaten or starved but I was neglected a lot. " He whispered in my ear. I didn't have any words to say.

He pulled away quickly before I could even wrap my arms back around his broad shoulders.

" I'm sorry about your neglect too. " I said adjusting my shirt and remembering what he said.

" It's fine and...and I'm sorry for the way I've been treating you. Your my PA, I guess we can be friendly towards each other. " He said with a smile and I could feel my heart skip a beat. His smile was so gorgeous, he could light up a whole room with it, the way his teeth were sparkling white and perfectly straight had me at loss for words.

" Unless you want to keep it strictly business. " He rushed out after I didn't say anything. I was still in shock, Mateo was talking to me like a real person, not insulting my class status or yelling about how incompetent I am.

" No no no—I mean I want to be friends too. I'm just shocked is all. " I quickly stated. He nodded in deep thought.

" Okay I think we can do that. " Was all he said for the rest of the ride to my house. I got out saying a goodbye to Mateo who for the first time returned it.

" ...Goodbye. " He concluded after a pregnant pause. I walked up to my building, entering my apartment quickly. It was just about seven o clock, I hurriedly got the sexy red dress out of my closet smiling at the memory of how good I looks in the dressing room. I couldn't even imagine how good I'd look if I do my hair and makeup. God what has gotten into me ? Who am I kidding ? I'll still be plain old Lucy.

But it was still worth a try.

By the time Mateo's limo arrived I was just putting my lipstick on. I hurriedly got into some black heels that I got from Gucci. I grabbed a clutch I had recently brought for the event with my bonus.

I was in the process of throwing things into it when a knock sounded on my door.

I paused. Perhaps it was the driver telling me to get my ass downstairs. I really have to get  my car, but it's going to cost me more to fix than it was to get it.

I snapped out of my thoughts and answered the door to see Mateo aka sex on legs standing with his hands in his pockets.

" Hi. " I opened my door letting him in.

" Hey let me just grab my keys and I'll be ready. " I said.

" Why do you live here ? You have enough money to move elsewhere now. " He grumbled doing his usual distasteful once over of my studio apartment.

" I'm looking for new places now, don't worry with as much as your paying me I could buy a mansion like yours soon. " I joked and he actually let out a chuckle that turned into a full blown laugh.

" Come on we have to get going. " I reminded as he sobered up. I locked up and walked after him to his limo. We got inside and began the long drive to the gala, while in the limo I informed him on who would be there and any info he needed to know before hand.

" So what's your favorite color ? " He asks interrupting me as I was on a rant about another CEO being at the gala.

" Red. " I answered without pausing.

" Mine is black. " I nodded. Is this him trying to be friendly ?

" Yes this me trying to be nice. Your my PA I should know things about you. " He said and my eyes widened as I realized I said that out loud. I looked at him he had a slight amused expression on his face. He didn't look mad and he wasn't yelling at me—these are good signs.

" Well uh...I like chocolate a lot and I'm allergic to peanuts. I hate sushi and Latino food. " I sputtered out a little nervous. He looked in thought.

" I like chocolate and I love Italian food of course and I eat sushi sometimes but I don't really care for it. " He said unconsciously licking his lips and I felt my insides twinge. God he was soo hot and he didn't even know it or maybe he did and was just trying to get under my skin.

The limo rolled to a stop in front of a large building with columns and a red carpet. Their were people in gowns and tuxes walking into the building. People with cameras stood on the side of some ropes that were heavily guarded with security.

" Don't look at them just keep walking to the front. " Mateo reassured as he opened my door for me—which was kind of a shocker. I got out the car and he pressed his arm across my back to guide me into the building quickly. We were in some sort of ballroom at least that's what it looked like.

The marble floors cast off a shine and the molded ceilings gave me a feeling that this place was for the rich only.

I told Mateo where we would be sitting pointing to a large table in the middle of the room. He nodded his head as some woman walked by glaring at me.

I brushed it off as we took our seats at the table. We both say next to each other in the middle and on my other side I was sitting next to a handsome man and Mateo sat next to a tall woman who looked like a super model.

He immediately engaged in conversation with the woman, I looked around bored out of my mind. I just watched all the rich people converse and laugh. God their lives must've been easy. Why couldn't I have grew up the way they did ?

" Excuse me Miss. But I do not recall your name. " A heavily accented voice said from beside me. I turned to see the handsome man finally talking.

" Oh I'm sorry I am Luciana but everyone calls me Lucy. " I smiled and he smiled a wide smile. He had pretty white teeth and his dark curly hair was short cut. He also had these mesmerizing hazel eyes.

" What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I see you've come with Mateo, are you his girlfriend ? " He asked me.

I shook my head. " No I am his new PA. "

" I would say that's a shame but that just means your all the more single for me. " He smiled playfully and I let out a quiet laugh.

" How do you know I don't have a boyfriend ? " I played along.

" Well Mateo doesn't usually hire girls in relationships. Besides if you had a boyfriend he has to be insane to let you wear that dress all by yourself. " We both laughed. I reached for the wine glass that was in front of me. It was filled with a dark red liquid. I graciously took a sip of it and almost gagged at the taste.

" You don't like it Lucy ? " The handsome man asked and I simply nodded my head.

He flagged down a waiter and whispered in his ear. The waiter nodded his head as the man turned back to me.

" Oh I am sorry I didn't catch your name either. "

" My name is Tristan Delmarva. " My breath nearly caught in my throat. I quickly looked up to see Mateo glaring at me, and he looked as if he'd been doing it for a long time. His glare switched over to Tristan for a second then back to me.

" Oh..." Was all I could mutter out. Tristan Delmarva is Mateos worst enemy and here I was basically flirting with him.

" I guess you now realize who I am. " He replied with a small sad smile. " I know that me and Mateo are enemies but I just couldn't resist myself you are exquisitely beautiful. " He finished and turned his attention to the man sitting next to him. Mateo nudged me and got up. I knew I was suppose to follow.

He pulled my chair out for me and pushed it back in before walking us out of the dining hall. Once we were in a secluded area he snatched his hands away from me.

" Ms. Mathews what was that ? Hmmm ? Were you purposely trying to make a fool out of me ? " He growled pacing back and forth.

" No I didn't know who he was at first, I knew of him but not how he looked. " I answered he just paced back and forth while breathing heavily.

" Why are you guys enemies anyway ? " I asked confidently.

" What do you do at your desk Ms. Mathews ? Your suppose to know this information. " He snapped at me.

" Well I did my research but it was hard finding any concrete info on it. That's why I'm asking you. " I answered truthfully. I did briefly research it but every website and magazine said something different.

" He's who my ex cheated with and stole the money for. He ruined my life. He's always been my biggest competition with everything. But he didn't have her—at least I thought. I found out after she stole my money that they were together and if you'd been paying any attention she's here. They're here together as some demented couple.

So all that shit he was saying at the table was to just get in your pants when she's not looking. " He let out a sigh. Oh okay I think I get it now. He's stressed his ex is here with his worst enemy and all I was doing was flirting with him.

He's still hurting over her and for some reason that made me angry that she can just do that to someone. I went over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. But he brung me in for a hug.

" Mateo ? Are you okay ? I understand now. And I'm sorry, I won't say another word to him and if I see your ex I'll give her a piece of my mind. " I promised him, he pulled away with a light laugh as he looked at me.

" Well Tristan was right about one thing. " He said lifting my chin to look him in the eyes.
" You are exquisitely beautiful tonight. " He said before swiftly turning and leaving me more than a little flustered. I quickly followed him back out, mentally pulling on my big girl panties because tonight was sure to be filled with drama.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 7.2K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...
3.3K 194 24
COMPLETE ✔️ After hearing the devastating news about the death of her father, Emma Lopez goes into work to distract herself and fulfil her new job of...
1.5M 49.4K 47
Morelli Mafia Series - BOOK 3 | 18+ Passion. Love. Lust. Erotic. Violence. Crime. Strong female lead. After everything, I'm led here. Squeezing my...
32.8M 991K 50
"The Mob Boss and His Stepsister" ❦ At the ripe age of eighteen, Orabella Martinez had lost her father. Having being separated from her mother at suc...