The Secret Luna: Book 1 of Th...

By ericasilverbane

I could feel all this surging pain coursing through my whole body. Bones breaking and reshaping. I wanted to... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Thank You
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 10
Part 11
Notice
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Notice
Part 23
Part 24
Baby Names Challenge
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Forgive me Please; hope you will understand
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Have a Happy Thanks Giving
Suprise! Im Back!
Part 32
Part 33
NEW BOOK!!

Part 9

5.4K 303 6
By ericasilverbane

I woke up in a pack house bedroom but I didn't know what pack house I was in because I'm not familiar with any packs.

"Honey can you go check on Lyla for me please, I'm making dinner." I heard a female voice from downstairs say. I wonder who Lyla is.

"Sure thing Hun." I heard a male voice say.

I heard foot steps coming up the stairs and when they reached the floor I was on it had sounded like he came up three floors. The footsteps stopped in front of the room I was in. The door then opened and a man in his mid 30s walked over to me.

"How you feeling Lyla?" He said to me as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"What?" I said confused.

"How you feeling?" He said as he placed the back of his hand on my forehead then my cheeks.

"I'm feeling better daddy." I said with a stuffy nose.

Wait my name isn't Lyla it's Marie. And why did words just come out of my mouth that I didn't even say. I mean I said them but not at my own will.

"Mama is downstairs cooking dinner. Do you think you can come downstairs to eat or do I have to bring it up again?" He said.

"I can walk." I said as I sat up.

I heard a sound from around my neck and I looked down at it. It was the same necklace I wear every day.

Everything went black again but when I came around I was at a playground. I looked around and saw kids running everywhere having fun.

"Lyla come on!" I heard a boy call out to me. He looked to be around my age that I am which is ten in this dream.

"I'm coming!" I yelled out to him and ran after him.

We walked away from the playground and just started walking around the places in the pack. Holding hands and talking.

"What do we have here?" A voice from behind us said.

We turned around to see a group of girls standing in front of us with smirks on their faces. And there wasn't a good vibe coming from them.

"Little Lyla holding hands with the future alpha of the pack huh?" She said in a rude tone.

"..." I said nothing.

"Jack why do you hang out with this runt. There is nothing special about her except for her dad being the Beta of the pack." She said gesturing at me.

"Because she is my best friend." Jack said as he gripped my hand tighter.

"Well I mean you shouldn't be hanging out with her and you should be hanging out with me. At least I won't drag you down like she does because she is a runt and a sad excuse for a next in line Beta of the pack." She said as she walked towards us as her two other friends stayed where they were.

"Just look at her, she is weak. Always getting sick and each time she does her hair starts to turn to a deeper lavender color, it weird." She said as touched a section of my hair and held it then let go.

"At least I don't make fun of people and bully them. And at least I don't need popularity to get friends or get my way. And I'm nice to people." I said standing up for myself.

"Who said you could talk to me runt! Shut your mouth and run back to your mommy." She said with venom.

She reached for my hand and pulled it away from Jack's as he yelled at her in protest telling her to leave.

"I may be a runt born but I will always be stronger than you in more ways than one!" I yelled at her and walked past her and over to Jack.

"Oh yeah. Well not physically!" She said and I felt myself being pushed and falling waiting for impact but instead I was caught by Jack. Everything went black again.

"Mom do we have any popcorn left!" I yelled from downstairs.

"Should be in the first cabinet to the left of the sink!" She yelled down.

"Okay thanks!" I thanked her. Sure enough it was there.

"How long are you ganna take to make that popcorn Lyla?" I heard my friend Jessie say as she got a glass of water.

"Only three minutes." I said putting the popcorn into the microwave.

"Okay. We are watching RED and RED2." She said as she went back into the main room where Jack was and Jessie's mate was.

A few hours later the movies were done and Jessie and her mate were asleep on the couch in each others arms.

"How cute." I said laughing and getting up to get a blanket and cover them so they wont get cold.

"You will never change." Jack said as he picked me up and took me upstairs to my room.

"And you will never change either." I laughed as I sat on the bed.

"No, I wont." He said giving me a peck on the lips.

A few minutes later I got into bed and fell asleep. I woke up screaming around 1:05am. I jumped when my door swung open. And seconds later I celt arms engulf me, it was Jack.

"Shhh baby it's okay it was just a nightmare." Jack said as he rubbed my back.

"But it wasn't just a nightmare...it was real." I said sobbing as I clung to his shirt soaking it with tears.

It was 2 years ago...the night the pack was attacked by a bunch of rouges. And one of the rouges had killed my father right in front of me as he was rushing me to the pack house. I screamed as I saw my father being mauled to death. It filled me with such rage, I wanted to stop it but I can't help him. I can't even shift.

"Oh please moon goddess...help him, please help him...please help me!" I prayed to the moon goddess. And that is when it happened.

I shifted for the first time. I didn't waste a second to attack the rouge to the ground and rip it's throat out in seconds. I turned and ran to my father.

"Lyla...you finally did it...you shifted...beautiful..." my father said.

"Dad please don't go. Your going to be fine, your going to be okay!" I said.

"You can...speak without...a...link...you are very special my dear..." he said as he raised a hand to touch my snout and I nuzzled him.

"The goddess...has shown me a vision...that you are destined to be a strong girl...and so will your child..." he said as he choked on his blood.

"Dad please stay!" I yelled.

"Tell your mother...I love her." He said and I nodded.

"And I love you to...my daughter-..." and just like that he was gone. And I was only 18.

I stood up and I howled in pain of the loss of my father. Others soon followed and howled the death of our Beta. I took a look at myself. Wait My wolf looks exactly like this Lyla girl!

Blackness once again took over. I could hear beeping machinery.

"Well it looks like your going to have a healthy baby. Any day now. And something tells me she is going to be a special one, a very strong girl...strong Alpha." The doctor said as he ended the sonogram for my 4 month check up on my baby.

"Thank you Max." Jack said and shook hands with the doctor then we left.

"So have you thought of a name yet?" Jack asked.

"Yes I have. Have you?" I asked him back.

"I have. Lets say the name we are think on a count of three." He said.

"1..."

"Your so childish." I laughed.

"2..."

"I know." He said.

"3..."

"Marie!"

"Marie!"

We both said. And it was agreed that her name would be Marie. A few days later I went into labor. 10 hours later Marie was born but what Jack and I though was going to be the rest of our live to spend with Marie were only going to be a few minutes. And thirty minutes later we heard the sirens.

"Alpha Jack!" Our Beta Gorge who is Jessie's mate came running in.

"What is happening!" Jack asked.

"It's the Hollow Rouge pack!" Gorge said. The Hollow Rouge pack is a pack full of rouge's always trying to dominate for power. And if there is someone who is stronger than them and not in there pack, well they take them.

"Lyla I need you and Jessie to flee with Marie!" Jack said as he came to us.

"No I wont leave you. I am the Luna I protect this pack to!" I protested.

"But your duty as a mother comes first." He said looking at Marie.

I nodded reluctantly. Jessie came in and got us and we ran to the cars and took the fastest car. As we took off two rouges chased after us. I saw Jack take one down but failed to get the other. We came to a turn in the road and Jessie did a tight turn but it was to much. The car flipped three times then stopped. I clutched Marie to my chest and made sure she was okay and she was. Jessie pulled us from the car and we ran but the rouge was still chasing us. Jessie told me to keep going and to not turn back. I did as she said and she shifted and fought the rouge. I remembered about my friend who is a witch who lived a long way from here far away to protect us. I put down Marie and shifted into my wolf then picked Marie up again and fled. We were at my friend's house within two weeks thanks to my speed. I knocked on the door and she answered shocked to see me. I gave her the summary of what happened.

"Of course I will take care of her. But what about you?" She asked.

"My power is stronger the rouge will follow me." I said as I looked down at Marie. I took off my necklace and put it around her neck.

"Take care of my daughter...sister." I said then I ran. Its true she is my sister just adopted. I ran and ran. But I felt a pain so unbelievable, and I knew what that meant. My mate...has died."

"Jack..." I whispered and cried. I heard the rouge approaching and I took it down.

I looked back in the direction of where I left Marie. And I swore an oath to myself.

"I Lyla, born from the goddess and blessed with her power, swear to come return to you someday...Marie." And then I walked.

So Im guessing you all know by now it is quite obvious that Lyla is Marie's mother. Just thought this would be a nice addition to the story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328 12 12
I just wanted to be normal. I wanted a normal life with normal friends and a normal family. Heck maybe even a normal boyfriend. Nope forget that lets...
168K 7.8K 31
"Tell me something real about you. Like, where are your parents? Do you have any siblings? Give me something that shows me who the real Kaia Jones is...
459K 13.9K 21
After her mom died, her Dad, who blamed her for the death of her mother, started beating her everyday. She's been told that she's a slut, a whore, a...
63 5 17
What else is there to do when all your life, all you've ever done was run away, hide, and hurt the people you love most. Maxine would want more than...