Outcast

By Dancing_In_The_Rain

Anna Smith moves across the country to a new home in Oregon to try to escape her ex-boyfriend who liked to ab... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 -Part One-
Chapter 13 -Part Two-
Chapter 14
Chapter 16

Chapter 15

656 11 2
By Dancing_In_The_Rain

Here you guys go, my lovley fans :D Sorry, I said I was going to update this yesterday but I didn't have the time to... So here it is now! Not sure when I'll be able to get the next one up. 

<<------- Vote!!!

Comment! 

Fan! ------------->> 

and Enjoy~ 

Chapter 15

            James let out a loud growl and pulled me closer to him, as if by doing so he could make me invisible from Damon’s’ view. I, on the other hand, was more freaked out that he had been either in my house or outside my bedroom window. It freaked me out big time that he knew where I lived. And that he had somehow managed to get to my second story window.

            I hadn’t noticed I was crying, again, until James said, “Shh, its okay. He won’t lay a hand on you, I promise,” and he wiped some of my tears away.

            “He’s going to k-kill you, James,” I stuttered, “and then he’s going to come after me,” I was horrified, to say the least.

            James gave a dark chuckle. “He wouldn’t dare hurt you, Anna, and he sure won’t be getting a hold of you. As for me, I’m going to kill that little rat when I see him next,”

            My mom watched us silently with tears in her eyes. “James is right, he won’t hurt you, darling,” she said. She then scooted closer to me and wrapped her arms around me the best she could with James holding me as well.

            This is how my dad found us when he walked into the living room, a phone in his hand.

            We all looked at him expectantly. My dad sighed and sat down on the chair facing us. “I’ve asked the pack to help us out some. Alpha Porter said that he would send a few pack guards down and guard the place, day and night. He and the guards should be here in about an hour,” my dad said. “Oh, the Alpha is also bringing someone over to take the guy in the basement away and interrogate him,”

            Beside me, I felt James stiffen. He didn’t like his father, and I guess the feeling was mutual.

            “Also,” he continued, “Marcus called and said that they found Damien and to pass the message along. I have no clue what he’s talking about, but I think you should call him back, here,” he tossed me the phone.

            Deciding to wait and call him later, I set the phone down in my lap. “So now what?” I asked my voice hoarse from all of the crying.

            James rested his head on top of mine. “Your cousin is part of the Elite, right?” I nodded, unsure of where he was going with this. “Maybe we could ask him to come and track Damon for us? Isn’t that what they are trained for, kind of?”

            We all turned to stare at him. “What?” he asked un-easy under all of our eyes.

            “That’s brilliant,” my father said, “He is the best tracker they have, isn’t he? Anna, call him up, would you?”

            Nodding, I picked up the phone I left in my lap and called him.

            Ring

            Ring

            Ring

            Ri-

            “Hello?”

            “Damien!” I said, happy to hear his voice again. It’s been too long since I’ve talked to him.

            “Anna! Hey! How’s it going, cousin?” he asked me.

            I dismissed his question, saving it for later. “Where are you? Your group showed up in my backyard the other day looking for you,”

            He chuckled. “Yeah, I know. I’m inNorth Carolinastaying with my uncle for a while,”

            “That’s what I thought. How long are you staying there?” I asked him. I could feel my dad giving me glares from across the room as I chatted casually with him. I just smiled, ignoring him even though I know our situation right now is urgent. I needed this care-free time right now.

            “Um, as long as I possibly can,” Confused by this I asked him what he meant. “It’s… I have found her, and you know how that is, with James an all,” He must be around a human, that’s the only reason he would be re-wording things.

            I gasped a wide grinning spreading onto my face. “You did?! That’s amazing!” I cried into the phone. “What’s her name?”

            Damien laughed at my behavior. “I can’t say now,”

            I frowned. “Oh, is she with you?”

            “Yeah,” he said. “I’ll call you back later and tell you then, ‘k?”

            “Okay,” I heard my dad cleared his throat. “Oh! I have to ask you something kind of important…” I trailed off.

            Next to me, James absentmindedly began stroking my hair again. “What is it?” Damien asked over the phone.

            “I was wondering if you could come out here and track someone down for me,” I hesitated before adding the next part, “He’s back, Damien, and he knows where I live. He’s gone after me twice now and now he’s going after me and my mate,” James’ fingers froze in my hair for a split second before weaving back through my hair.

            “Him again? I thought you were done with that filthy, good-for-nothing guy,” Damien said.

            “Yeah… he’s back,” I told him.

            “Okay, I’ll try to make it there as soon as possible. Traveling across the country takes time. I might be able to be there by Wednesday,” Damien said.

            I sighed in relief. “Great, thank you so much,”

            “No problem, cousin. See you Wednesday,”

            “Bye,” I said, hanging up and looking around at my parents, noticing my mom had gotten off of the couch to stand by my father. “He said he could be here by Wednesday,”

            “Okay, great. We’ll be outside waiting for the pack,” and both of my parents left the house.

            James groaned. “Can’t he be here tomorrow?”

            I laughed at his impatience, “I can live for four days, James.”

            He gave me a doubtful look and pursed his lips, “As long as you never leave my side,” James said.

            I pretended to think about this. “Hm…” James growled and I laughed. “Fine, I guess you can stay with me,”

            He cocked and eyebrow at me. “You guess?”

            I giggled, “Maybe…”

            “Maybe?” he growled, a light playfulness in his voice, “Maybe? How about yes?” he asked and pinned me down so my back was on the couch cushions and he was hovering over top of me, his hands on either side of my head.

            “How about no,” I smirked.

            James smirked back at me. “Will this change your mind?”

            I was just about to ask what when he brushed his lips against mine, my eyes fluttering closed and I felt the tiny little tingles of electricity shoot through me.

            The front door burst open just then and James growled, glaring at the person who dared to interrupt. I turned my head to see who it was. Of course, it was my dad. Embarrassment flooded through me and, in a scale of one to ten, ten being like a fire truck red my face was probably a 20.

            Even James looked a bit embarrassed. Slowly, under my dads scrutinizing gaze, he got off of me and I sat up right on the couch. I coughed nervously. My dad just stood there, staring at us.

            Then he sighed and closed his eyes, running a hand through his hair and he suddenly looked a lot older than normal. “I don’t like this, but I guess I have no choice, huh?”

            Right then I could see it all: getting ‘the talk’ from my dad, and then having to witness the embarrassing ‘my little girl is all grown up’ scene and I was seriously thankful when four guys walked in, one of which I recognized as James’ dad. The other three were tall and well built, obviously the guys from the pack. Two were wearing all black and I’m guessing they are the guards that will be staying here with us. The other guy had on a black jacket and blue jeans. He has some mysterious item clipped to his belt and I realized it must be a sedative if he was going to take away the prisoner.

            James tensed beside me when he saw his father and I placed my hand in his trying to comfort him. I saw Alpha Porter’s eyes flick to James, then to me, and then to our intertwined hands before quickly flicking back to our dad who was now motioning for them to enter the basement where that creep was locked up.

            Guard One and Guard Two, as I am now calling them; Guard One with Black hair and Two with Blonde, they followed closely behind the Alpha. Mr. Sedative was eagerly following my dad as he walked down into the basement and the Alpha and guards followed.

            “I love how no one said anything,” I mumbled and melted into James side suddenly feeling very tired.

            James wrapped an arm around my waist and I sighed contentedly trying not to worry or think about what might lie ahead for me and James, and my family and friends. If something happened to any of them… I would never forgive my self. It’s my fault that this is happening. If I had never to that bar, then I would never have met him

            I sat on the bar stool, slowly sipping the gross tasting alcohol. Even though I’m only 16, it doesn’t mean I can’t use a fake I.D. or the fact that the bar owner would never say anything about me coming here. I always come here when I’m going through hard times. I just never bought anything until now.

            Today was exceptionally hard on me. Two of my friends ditched me in the middle of a movie. Add on the fact they’ve been doing their very best to ignore me for the past two weeks (as if I hadn’t noticed!) and now they won’t return my calls. I think they are now no longer my friends.

            Today has just been a bad day anyway.

            I was just about to get up when someone pushed me back down in my seat. I looked over to my left and saw a guy maybe about 19 or so staring at me intently. I bit freaked out, I tried to get up again.

            “No, stay,” the guy said. “I want to get to know you,” he was tall, even sitting down I could tell that much. He had brown eyes and black hair, with a light sprinkling of freckles dancing across his face. He was actually quite handsome, and I could use a friend right now. Maybe not a friend, but someone to talk to.

            It was then, with that stupid thought that I screwed up, big time. And back then, I didn’t even realize what I was getting into. Some stranger I barely knew and I poured my entire life’s story out to him. Maybe it was because of the alcohol, or maybe it was something else I’ll never figure out. I knew it was wrong, somewhere inside of me.

            I sighed and shook those thoughts away. I lay my head against James and sighed.

            I was almost asleep when I heard voices coming up from the basement and heard the heavy foot steps of men coming up the steps.

            Blinking my eyes open I saw my dad leading them up the steps, Alpha Porter following closely behind, Mr. Sedative behind him, dragging the unconscious body of my attacker, and Guards One and Two were the last up.

            “So Jeff is going to take him back to the pack house where he will be guarded, and then interrogated?” I heard my father ask.

            “Yes and the two guards here will stay here with you at the house or somewhere close by,” Alpha Porter confirmed.

            “Okay great,”

            I watched as Mr. Sedative, Jeff, though the window as he carried the body out to a car and shoved the body in the back. It looked like silver bars were placed on the windows and back windows and a metal board was placed through the center of the car, effectively separating the prisoner from the driver and passenger.

            “Anna, could I speak with you a minute?” Alpha Porter asked me. I nodded and got up and surprisingly James got up with me. When he saw this, Alpha Porter asked “Alone?”

            A shot of panic overwhelmed me for just a second. Honestly, I did not want James leaving my side after all of this. My mate growled beside me, challenging his father to say it again. For a second I though Alpha Porter would say it again, but he must have thought better of it because he sighed and said never mind.

            Honestly, I was a bit shocked but I was more relieved than anything. With James hand in mine, we walked over to the foyer where my dad and the Alpha stood; the two guards back a bit.

            “I wanted to tell you that the two guards over here will be watching over you and your house day and night, and if you go out one will stay here while the other follows you. You will hardly even notice them there, if they do their job right,” he said. The Alpha looked like he wanted to say more, but with a glance at James he must have decided not too and, with a farewell to me and my dad, he left.

            My dad sighed. “Well, I think I’m going upstairs with your mother. She’s been stressed all morning and so have I,” before turning and walking up the steps he added, “Behave,” and left us there.

            I snorted quietly. All I wanted to do was sleep. “You just want to sleep, don’t you?” James said and I stared at him.

            “What?”

            “You look really tired,” he said smiling.

            “Oh, well I am,”

            He pulled me over to the couch and said, “Then let’s sleep on the couch for a while,”

            And that’s just what we did. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 1.8K 37
A heated night, between two newly found mate's, at a pack party and a rejection the next morning. Andrea Smith disappears from her pack, going to her...
32.5K 1K 12
Fayne Mitchall is the new girl in a small town in California, Shadow's Creek. She is a depressed 17 year old who doesn't have many friends, she becom...
5.6K 325 27
What is the destiny of a she-wolf on the run to the human land? . . . At a young age, Alexia lost her parents. With her current status and rumours su...
23.6K 475 23
Megan living the 'normal' life of a werewolf. When she's forced to move into the pack house with her best friend she meets new friends, enemies, and...