Chapter 16

I'm really not happy with this chapter... but I'll post it anyways just for my fans :) 

Enjoy!

Happy Holidays! 

P.S- I would really appreaciate it if you vote and comment :) It IS the season of giving after all.... 

Chapter 16

            It was now Wednesday and I, my parents, and James were waiting anxiously at my house for my Cousin Damien’s arrival.

            It turns out the guy who had broke into our house and attacked me was indeed working for Damon and that he had others working for him as well. No one knows for sure how many because the guy was apparently new and he won’t give anymore information out. He was a human though and must be used to werewolves. Everyone now suspects Damon to be wolf like us, but I tell them he’s not.

            It was about six o’clock when Damien arrived. He was about four months younger than me and was tall. Like, really tall. Damien had the bluest eyes you will probably ever see, and really dark black hair.

            My cousin was a part of the Elite wolf society and you were pretty much guaranteed to be in their group if you had a dark colored wolf that was all one color, like blacks and grays. You began training at age ten at a special academy and come out seven years later with top of the line training in fighting, tracking, camouflage and medical expertise.  There’s way more, but I can’t remember much of it.

            Personally, I’m glad I don’t have dark colored fur and if I did I wouldn’t join anyways. The training is way too intense for me and having to endure seven years of it, with out being able to see your family except on holidays? No thank you.

            James pulled me out of my thoughts when he got up from the love seat we were sitting on to go stand by the door and my parents did the same. Not wanting to be left behind I got up and followed them to the door.

            Through the glass door I saw a sleek black car pull up into our drive way, and when it was parked out stepped Damien.

            I flew out the front door, not waiting for my favorite cousin to get up here. I haven’t seen him in a year!

            “Damien!” I cried as I flew into his arms just as he got on the walk to the porch. I heard his deep laugh as he spun me around.

            “It’s good to see you too!” Damien said as he set me down on the sidewalk and began walking to the door where my family and my mate were waiting. “Gosh, I’ve missed you. It’s been what, a year since I’ve seen you?”

            “Feels like ten years!” I said. Damien and I were now inside and my parents greeted him with hugs and words like ‘It’s been so long’ and ‘It’s good to see you’.

            When Damien turned to say hello to James he looked at me and said, “So this is him, huh?”

            I blushed and nodded my head. “Yeah, he’s my mate,” I reached for James’ hand and he pulled me into his side.

            “Aw, well don’t you guys look cute,” my Cousin said an evil spark in his blue eyes. “I want to talk to you later,” he said to my mate.

            I looked up to see James pale and he looked down at me with a horrified expression on his face, to which I just grinned at. “He won’t hurt you, I promise,” I said smiling. He wouldn’t hurt him, just scare him. Damien was known for that.