The Paid Girlfriend

By typokween

Sabrina Welsh was just a simple waitress when Liam Collins walked into her life. He wanted her but she was to... More

The Paid Girlfriend
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty - Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Three

214K 3.5K 432
By typokween

enjoy~

Chapter Twenty Three

When a tall man answered the door to Tonya's apartment, I wasn't surprised.

"Hi Victor," I chirped, tilting my head back in order to see his twinkling brown eyes.

"Suhbreenuh!" Victor cheered in his thick Russian accent. "Long time, no see, yes?"

I giggled, "yes, Victor. How are you? Is Tonya home?"

"Yes, yes, beauty is home and I'm good, would you like to come in?" He asked sweetly, stepping to the side to let me in. I slid in, scanning the living room and kitchen, looking for my little blonde friend.

"Who was that?" Tonya drawled, strolling out of the hallway that led to her room just in time, frowning when she saw me. "What happened? I thought you were in town with papa C."

"Stop calling my dad 'papa C'," I rolled my eyes, plopping down in the armchair. "Have you heard from Devon? He's not answering his phone."

"Why would I call him when I have Vic to bug?" Tonya snorted, sitting on the love seat, Victor quick to claim the spot next to her. "I saw him talking to that one guy at the pool party. Maybe he finally found someone."

I frowned, trying to remember everyone at the party, "what guy?"

"I don't know," Tonya sighed dramatically. "Why are you here anyways? Did something happen to pa- Colton?"

"No, there's apparently a ball I have to attend in a week and I need help finding a dress to wear," I pouted.

"Oohh! Can I come?" Tonya squealed. I smiled apologetically.

"You'll have to pay to get in. It's for charity,"

"Ugh," Tonya groaned, "that's me written all over it. They don't even have to throw the ball, just hand me a signed, blank check."

"You'll probably just draw the infinity sign on it," I snorted.

"This is why we're best friends," Tonya blew me an air kiss. "I can help you though."

I wrinkled my nose. "Thanks, but no thanks."

Tonya narrowed her eyes at me. "What's the problem? I could so help you."

"T, I love you, but your fashion senses aren't up to par," I said gently, standing up, getting ready to leave.

"Victor! Tell her I have terrific fashion senses!" Tonya ordered.

Victor looked the other way. "Eh...eet could use some work," he mumbled sheepishly.

"Bye guys!" I quickly called over my shoulder after witnessing Tonya glare at Victor. Poor guy.

I quickly made my way to the apartment's garage, James already opening the town car's door as I scurried towards him.

"Thanks James."

"Anytime Ms. Sabrina," he nodded at me, a gentle smile on his face. That month in England did him wonders. He was no longer wound up so tight whenever people were around. "Where to next?"

I sighed, "home, I suppose."

"Very well," he murmured, closing the door gently when I slipped inside. I pulled out my phone to see that Devon, finally, texted me back.

D: sorry babe, busy right now. ttyl, I promise!

I texted him back, asking what had him so busy.

D: lets just say I dont kiss n tell ;)

My mouth fell open before I busted out laughing. I guess Tonya was right, he did hook up with someone. I glanced done when I got another message.

L: Hello love, what are you doing?

I bit my lip to keep myself from laughing at the differences between Liam's and Devon's texting skills.

S: still looking for help on finding a dress :'(

L: Poor baby. Want me to call my sister, Helen? I think she could help. I'm not really good with all you girl's fashion crisis.

I rolled my eyes. Hypocrite. Every morning he always bugs me about which tie he should wear.

But I wore the plaid last week.

The gray one's too plain.

Red is too distracting.

I swear he was worse than a teenage girl on her first day of school.

S: no thanks. I'll rather walk on broken glass than face one of your family members without you.

I guess I offended him with that text because I didn't receive one back. I shrugged, too stressed to care at the moment.

When James rolled up to our drive way I was surprised to see a black Mini Cooper sitting there.

My phone buzzed with a text message. And then again when another text followed right after it.

L: don't kill me.

Unknown Number: hi Sabrina! Just letting you know that I'm in the house! Didn't want you to think that someone broke in LOL. But anyhoo I'm so glad Liam told me you weren't mad about what happened last week :) and Anne Marie and Justine are with me BTW. Jay wanted to meet you and An didn't want to be left out. Hope you don't mind! We're going to have so much fun! ~ Helen

I quickly sent a message to Liam before stepping out the car.

S: what type of flowers would you like for your funeral?

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

Mystery POV

"...what about the old man?"

"I don't know. I don't do this on a regular occurrence like you do. Just get rid of him and replace him with one of yours."

"And it's just the girl, correct?"

"Correct. I want him to suffer and have to live with it the rest of his life."

"What did he do to you? If you don't mind me asking."

"Let's just say Mr. Collins threw me away like yesterday's trash."

The man chuckled. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorn."

I smirked, getting ready to hang up the phone. "Right you are sir, right you are."

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

"I think this is a bit too much," I bit my lip as the three women surveyed me.

"Too tight," Anne Marie scrunched her nose. "Can you breath?"

"Hate the color." Justine shuddered. "I never was a fan of peach."

"It looks like a prom dress," Helen sighed. "Next."

The dress I wore was one of those mermaid type dresses that was skin tight till it got to the knee area and flared out. It was strapless and rhinestones decorated the waist area to create a mock belt. I felt like I was going to some red carpet event in it, not a charity ball.

We've been at it for an hour now and I was exhausted though the Collins women showed no sign of tiredness whatsoever.

Oh to have had money your whole life.

"How was Milan? Did you get more connections?" I heard Helen ask Justine while I slipped into another dress the employee that was helping me slipped in while I was modeling the peach one for the girls.

"It was fun, though Tyra kept yapping my ear off the last two days. I'd managed to dodge her up until then," Justine sighed, exasperated.

I froze. Surely she didn't mean Tyra Banks, right?

Quickly snapping out of my shocked moment, I zipped up the light blue number that, blessfully had a zipper on the side and stepped out.

The girls stopped talking when they saw me.

"Perfect," Anne Marie grinned.

"Gosh, it's flawless," Justine gushed, stepping up and gesturing for me to spin around. "Liam will be speechless when he sees you."

"Forget speechless, he'll probably propose," Helen beamed at me. "I don't think I've ever seen him look at anyone else like he looks at you. Thank you for making my brother happy Sabrina."

"Please tell me your secret, I'm tired of being single," Anne Marie whined.

"She's just a human, Anne, not a miracle worker," Justine scoffed.

"Hey! She tamed the lion that's Liam Collins, if that's not a miracle then I don't know what is."

The two others seemed at lost for words before they sheepishly nodded in agreement.

"He sort of was a tyrant to be around before you came along," Justine admitted.

"And remember that time he made Lawrence's old girlfriend cry?" Helen shuddered.

"Bitch deserved it. She was nothing more than a social-climbing gold digging whore," Anne Marie ranted. "Plus she tried to put a move on Liam and he was not having that."

I stiffened when I heard that. He's never told me that.

But it's not like I tell him about every guy that's tried to flirt with me. Plus this was before we even met.

I reassured myself that it was nothing.

"Why don't you take off that dress so that we can buy it and go to the deli. I'm ravenous," Justine pouted.

"Ravenous?" I surprised myself by asking. I mean...who uses that word anymore? I giggled at the shock look on Justine's face. Anne Marie snickered with me.

"Right? She's always using words like that," Anne Marie shook her head.

Justine sniffed, "whatever forever. It's not my fault I have a strong vocabulary."

"Because I'm sure every big wig in Hollywood is saying 'whatever forever'," Anne Marie snorted. "Lets go, now I'm feeling ravenous."

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

"So...are we going to skirt around the whole 'contract' thing or what?" Anne Marie awkwardly asked as we munched on our deli sandwiches. I froze mid bite, Helen and Justine following behind me. I blushed. "I mean, we don't if you don't want to."

"Exactly. That's between Sabrina and Liam and we have no business butting into it," Helen narrowed her eyes at her only sister.

"I'll rather not talk about that right now," I said gently, picking at the soft bread holding my sandwich.

"Yeah! Totally. Don't mind me, I'm naturally nosey," Anne Marie chirped cheerfully, trying to disfuse the tension she created.

"It's true," Justine patted her mouth with a napkin. "They get it from their mother."

Helen snorted. "Yet you're the one always buying those trashy gossip magazines."

"Just making sure they aren't spreading lies about me," Justine defended herself. "And from what Oscar told me Garrett was very regretful about what he said to you and insulting your relationship."

"Especially after the tongue lashing Mom and Mariah gave him after you two left," Anne Marie cackled. "I could hear it all the way upstairs. Jack asked if 'Unca Gar Bear' was getting a spankin'."

"He should've," Justine hummed, taking a sip of her water and glancing at her bracelet that had a small clock dangling from it. "Are you guys done? Sorry to rush but I have a meeting with my manager in a hour."

"Don't mind Justine, she's always running on some type of schedule," Helen patted me on my arm.

"I have a busy life," Justine shrugged. "But today was fun. I needed a little break."

I pulled out my wallet to pay for lunch. "Thanks for the help, I'm a lost cause when it comes to shopping." I giggled nervously.

"We could tell," Anne Marie teased. "Call me anytime you need something."

"You think James could drop me off at the agency?" Justine asked as we all stood up and I dropped sixty dollars on the table for the waitor to find.

"Totally," I agreed.

Soon we were sitting in the towns car, laughing and giggling over simple things. When my phone began to ring I patted myself down until I found it. I grinned when I saw that it was Liam calling me.

"Hello?"

"Look who's alive," Liam teased. "And lilies would be nice. I'm sure it would be bring out my manliness."

I snorted, "I'll be sure to get plenty of them for your funeral. Was there a reason for this call Mr. Collins?"

"Ouch, I can't call without there being a reason? I simply wanted to hear your voice." Liam sighed. "Remind me why I bother working. We could run away to some island, my parent's island, and live off berries and water."

"Sounds wonderful, but I'll stick to Chicago," I murmured.

"Whatever you say mistress, anything else from your slave?"

I sat up straighter," actually, yes, are you home? I'll need help bringing these bags in the house."

"I thought you just needed a dress?"

"Four women and a endless amount of money, you really thought I would come back with just a dress?" I cocked a eyebrow even though he couldn't see it.

"I suppose you're correct. I'll be outside when you get here. I love you."

"I love you too, see ya in a while."

"Bye beautiful."

A/N: no Liam this chapter c: i think this is a first.

sorry if it sounds like im dragging it out. i am lol. im trying to reach thirty chapters so i promise next chapter will be interesting and not boring. k? k. it will be about the ball, you get to find out what Sabrina's dress looks lyk, seeing who's keeping Devon busy and the calm before the storm (aka the drama)

and last chapter when i said i hated when people asked if i was going to update or not, i literally meant that one question. idc when people comment "omg update" or whatever. i usually ignore them (no offense

and what about that mystery pov doe. i have a feeling you guys already know who it is but whatevs. i tried c:

twitter: @thatwriterNina ifollowback ^.^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 28.4K 60
When poor, abused Addison Snow finally runs away from her unforgiving home she thinks her life could finally get better with a new job and a forbidde...
947 12 18
Dion Huxley, wealthy businessman and CEO of 2 successful companies had gotten the greatest revelation of his life, and it had been right under his no...
9.6K 352 28
"Love isn't real" I mumbled looking down at me shaking hands. I felt his breath on my neck as he stood behind me. One of his hands was sliding up my...
11.6M 101K 21
A broken girl... Twenty years old and I'd finally had enough. I couldn't take anymore, so I packed up my things and disappeared, leaving behind my dr...