The Explorer's Apprentice

By walkingsunshine

On an expedition to the famous wreck of 'Titanic', 16-year-old Marley Faulkner discovers a mysterious journal... More

Prologue
1: Years an Years After
2:Knives
3: Belle
4: Her Journal
5:The Girl in the Rainbow Sweater
6:Rose
7: Ship of Dreams
8:Dear Friend
9: Freedom
10:Years and Years Before
11:A Lovely Dream, Isn't It?
12: Alone
13: Jamie
14:Charlotte's Secret
15:Eli
16:The Lovely Wedding
17:Paper Cranes
18:Strange Isabelle
19: Invitation
20:A Whole New World
21:A Brush With Death and an Invitiation to Dinner
22:Abby's Regrets
23:Two of a Kind
24:You Wouldna' Jumped
25:Alison Lets Go
26:A Rather Peculiar Lesson
27:Eleanor Brown Breaks the Rules
28:A Slight Quiver of Hope
29:To Making it Count
30:Something Beautiful
31:Abby Gets to Dance
32:And so...the Dangerous Revolution Begins....
33:Eleanor Opens a Resturaunt
34:Belle Witnesses a Secret
35:Grandmother's Advice
36:Abby's Argument
37:Little White Lies
38:Working For Mr.Mason
38 1/2:Being Strange
39:The Thing About Class....
40:Eleanor Brown Gives Advice
41:Max
42:Reason Number One
43:The Rich...the Poor...& Those Who Can't Tell the Difference
44:Abby's Views on Love
45:My Flying Machine
46: Words That Kill
47:Inhale....Exhale....
48:Only This
49:Butterfly Hairpins
50:Tearing Her Apart
51:The Most Fun Game of Tag
52:Because You Make me Certain
54:An Endless Sleep
55:Irony
56:What the Captain Doesn't Say
57:DeRossi
58:Her Criminal
59:Belle Decides to Prove Herself
60:Metal Between Her Teeth
61:Mr. Andrew's Warning
62:An Hour to Live
63:Curing The Disease
64:A Rather Peculiar Escape
65:What Rose Wouldn't Do
66:Still The One
67:The Silver Key
68:Remembering Jamie
69:The Ax
70:A Differet Kind of Boat
71:Trust
72:Marley Takes a Swing
73:Gone
74:Ignorance
75: Witnessing Death
76:Open Gates
77:Wherever You Will Go
78:Turning Into a Monster
79:You Jump, I Jump...Remember?
80:Sweet Life
81:Ten Things
82:Last Goodbyes
83:Nearer My God to Thee
84:What Hurts the Most
85:Death of Titanic
86:Waiting
87:Never an Absolution
88:Fear
89:Never Let Go
90:Three Little Birds
91:A Life so Changed
92:Words Unheard
93:An Ocean of Memories
94:Unable to Stay, Unwilling to Leave
95:A Promise Kept
96:A Second Chance
97:My Heart Will Go On

53:These Last Moments

8.1K 29 3
By walkingsunshine

I don't own these people....

Rose Dewitt Bukater

“You’re trembling,” Rose whispers, clasping tightly onto Jack’s bare back. The tips of her fingers dig into his unblemished skin. Her sweet breath turns to smoke in the air, but the cold has never felt so inviting.

“I’ll be alright,” he tells her gently, and she runs her hand through his damp, golden hair.

A little bit of pain, a lot of love, and a small, silk-white dress abandoned near the door of a Red Renault. Rose holds her breath, not ever wanting to let go of this moment.

 ...............................................................................................................................

Rose has enough time to redress, fluff her curls, kiss Jack on the cheek, and take in a deep breath before the thought that she’s in the vast storage room can even be conceived by Mr. Lovejoy. She and Jack skid up the stairs, through the hallways, and appear on Titanic’s exterior deck with moments to spare. Rose’s cheeks are bright pink from the cold and her laughter, but she shivers only from excitement. Jack twirls her around the deck, their hands always together, and they laugh even harder than a bar full of drunks.

For once, the deck is absolutely, wonderfully empty, and the joyous sounds of the pair echo all the way to the stars.

They can’t stop to save their lives, and they hold onto each other for support. Although she has a million different lovely things she wants to say, she can’t even manage to get out one word.  But the lack of breath tastes delicious on Rose’s excited tongue.

“Did you…” Jack gasps, “did you see those guy’s faces?”

All Rose can do is nod as she chocks and sputters on glorious laughter. She feels invincible—she and Jack could run to the ends of the earth, hand-in-hand, and never be caught. As long as they’ve got each other,  she knows they can do anything. They could dance atop clouds if they wanted to, put the universe on their bedroom walls if they wanted to--so that late at night they could just sit back and count the stars. 

A gentle breeze rustles through Rose's hair, like a message from angels, and she can suddenly feel her breathing begin to slow again. She feels so in charge and she loves it—the wonderful feeling of finally being able to decide for herself. She is free now, and she'll never have to fight for freedom again.

“Did you see.…” Jack starts, but Rose presses a gentle hand against his mouth to quiet him. She gazes into his deep eyes. They have a whole lifetime ahead of them, one that she’s so excited for. She’s never been this thankful for life, for a heart in her chest so full of feeling, so full of love.

“When this ship docks,” she tells him, removing her hand from his lips and placing it onto his soft cheek, “I’m getting off with you.”

“This is crazy,” Jack says. There's a smile painted onto his face that’s brighter than a hundred suns--his eyes like a million shining stars.

Rose grins, her cheeks huge. “I know. It doesn’t make any sense but,” She rubs her thumb against the side of his face.

Reason number nine: because of you, I have so many more years to think of so many more reasons.

“That’s why I trust it.”

He kisses her then, passionately like he just can’t get enough, and they hold each other under the blinding light of the moon. She loves the feel of his hungry mouth against hers, and the sweet taste of sugar between his lips. What they share, she knows, is powerful—something that only belongs to the two of them. It’s a miracle.

And when the ground begins to tremble beneath them, with fierce, alarming intensity, Rose doesn’t even notice, at first. She feels much too unstoppable to care, and she isn’t ready to part from Jack’s glorious embrace just yet. She isn’t ready to break this moment.

Moments. All of them pointing towards the same direction.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 414 25
˗ˏˋ꒰🍫꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐄 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [Your love is like a studded leather headlock. Your kiss it could put creases in the ra...
1.2M 54.3K 55
This book can be read as a stand alone Greyson Blake Rosen-Hower Who doesn't know that name? Everyone with a pulse knows his family. He's blessed wit...
90K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
77 7 4
JEGULUS TRAGIC LOVE + TITANIC-LIKE FIC!! (it's happening in a train instead of a boat/sea liner) -------------------------------------------- "I am n...