Tenerife Sea ~ H.Potter

By wonderswoman

She didn't quite know what love was. She didn't quite understand it either. But what Harry Potter knew was th... More

I N T R O D U C T I O N
P L A Y L I S T
P A R T | O N E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
P A R T | T W O
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N

F I V E

5.9K 224 40
By wonderswoman

Tenerife Sea
F l a s h b a c k Part One

Edith Ambermathy was the kind of girl everyone fell in love with, even if she was oblivious to it. Edith Ambermathy came to Privet Drive during the second month of school, Her ginger hair caught the attention of many, her eyes took the love of too many. Her words captivated men and women all around the town. But Edith stayed oblivious with what she could do with her words, her words were friendly. Her face wasn't hard to look at, once Edith sent on her mission to know everyone in her school. She had already captivated hearts. The boys in the halls fell at her feet as she walked down the hallway smiling at many students. Many would call her an attention seeker or a whore. Many would say this was all part of a trick. That Edith Ambermathy craved secrets she craved Information. Every day when she would talk to someone new, they fell under her indestructible spell. The spell she had no knowledge of casting.

Edith Ambermathy was a very popular girl indeed. At just the age of 14 years old she had almost known the entire school. Edith would know the oldest to the youngest children, filling each and everyone of there minds with her words and her thoughts. Causing them to feel like they have finally gotten the ginger beauty. Which was never the truth. Person after person male or female fell for Edith. Even the toughest of them all fell for the young girl. Edith Ambermathy was irresistible. Her kindness was killing. Her words were hypnotizing.

There wasn't a day that went by that Edith Ambermathy didn't meet someone knew. It seemed as if she was on a hunt. A hunt to be able to know everyone's secrets. Edith wanted to know people. She wanted to be able to hold there secrets in her hands and take there words into her mind.

"I wonder who's she after next." A talk brunette whispered to her friend that stood fairly close to her. As the two watched Edith strut down the hallways her book bag hanging from one shoulder. If one heard the sentence I wonder who she's after next they would believe that so person would be looking for someone to sleep with. Edith wasn't. The ginger haired girl stopped at a locker, that clearly didn't belong to her. This was apart of her everyday routine, everyday was a new student every day was a new someone for Edith to steal for the next 24 hours.

The girls dark hair framed her face as the top layer was pulled into a crown like braid that wrapped around her head. Meredith Opal was a strange girl. She was very quiet and it confused many that Edith would go for this girl next.
"My names Edith, what's yours?" The ginger asked as she held her pale hand out towards the raven haired girl.
"Meredith." She squeaked, the dark haired girls face was aimed towards the floor. Her shoes gathering most of her attention.
"Why don't I walk you to class." Edith insisted as she took the girls belongings into her own hands as she followed Meredith down the hallway. The Raven haired girl didn't seem to mine the presence of Edith. She was sure to have heard the many rumors that went around about the ginger. But that doesn't mean she believed them. She was one year older than the ginger, which may give her an upper hand but that didn't seem to work with the other older students that Edith had played with.
"Well I was thinking of meeting up after school today?" Edith said smiling "I'll meet you at your locker and we'll head out then."
Merediths heart skipped a beat as she locked eyes with the younger girl. Who was about 3 inches shorter than she was. Meredith swallowed the lump in her throat as she let out a dimpled smile nodding her head in agreement.

That day at the end of school, The Ambermathy girl was waiting silently at the locker of Meredith Opal, as the ginger stood silently many other students shot glares her way. Some of them are ones she had already gotten to know. Some are just waiting. Her left foot tapped against the school tile floor as she rubbed her arms up and down the blue navy sweater that covered over her hands. The raven haired girl didn't arrive at the scene till five minutes later.

"Hello," Edith said happily as she waved at the older girl. Once Meredith was close enough Edith brung her into her arms. That day Meredith smelled of freshly cut grass, as Edith breathed in the scent. Meredith's hands rested on the small of her back as she shifted awkwardly in the smaller girls arms. "I think we should head out now." Edith smiled as she turned to look at the now crowded hallway as thousands of students tried there best to get out the double doors as fast as there legs could carry them. Edith gripped onto the taller girls hands as she guided there way threw the busy crowd of teenagers. The two girls had finally made it out of the large building of learning and torture. Edith's hands were still tightly gripped with Meredith's as the two teenage girls walked down the long sidewalks as Edith guided there way towards Privet Drive. "So where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?" Meredith asked her nervousness was showing more every step she took with the ginger in hand.
"It's the 5th house," Edith said pointing farther down the street as she made loud stepping noises with her feet. Her light brown leather boots colliding with the concrete sidewalk as the two continued to walk. Meredith's hands grew sweaty as edith gripped onto her hands. The dark haired girl took in a long brett as she released her hands from the ginger. Making Edith turn to look at her, "Whats wrong?" She asked as she stared down at there disconnected hands.

Meredith looked down at her sneakers once again, she could feel the warmth rise up her neck turning her pale cheeks pink. "Ive never held hands with a girl before," She said blushing as she brung her hands up to hide her mouth.  Edith smiled at the nervous girl, "Don't worry, I'm a great hand holder!" She said excitedly taking Meredith's hand and entangling it with hers once again. The raven haired girls eyes lit up as Edith pulled her further down the street, entering Privet Drive.

The two girls sat on Edith's bed Meredith's hands were curled together in a ball and sat onto of her lap. "Lets play a game," Edith suggested as she sat up taller. Meredith nodded her head awkwardly as she gulped down some air. Edith could tell the girl was nervous, "Don't be so nervous, its okay." Edith said reassuringly as she tucked a piece of fallen hair behind Meredith's ear causing her face to turn the shade of a cherry.

"Um 21 questions," Edith suggested, not waiting for an answer she continued to ask the raven haired girl her first question "Whats your favorite color?"

"lilac,"

"Favorite food?" Meredith asked quietly

"Id have to say," Edith said jokingly tapping her index finger against her chin as she looked up at the ceiling "Everything."

Meredith giggled at the younger girls silliness, "Whats your parents name," Edith asked "Mines Karen and Klark."

Meredith's face went pale, paler than she already was which turned her into a ghost.

"I-I-I-um I don't really like talking about my parents." she choked on her words.

Ive hit the jack pot, Edith thought as she stared at the older girl waiting for her to say something. She wanted to know everything about everyone. But instead Edith was rewarded with small cries igniting from the taller girl.

"Im sorry its just that," before Meredith could finish her sentence her cries got louder causing her throat to hitch. "You can tell me Meredith, I'm here for you." Edith said her hands resting on the raven haired girls sigh

Warning, sexual violence

Meredith's family wasn't the nicest of families, they were not even her actual family. The 16 year old girl had been put into foster home after foster home and the Partridge couple thought that it would be a good asset to have a sixteen year old girls round. Meredith Opal had been through pain unimaginable. Macey Partridge and her husband lived in the southern side of town. Where gangs ruled the alley ways and drug sellers drank wine in your home. The couple had thought it would be nice to have some extra money. With that they decided to foster a child, a teenager. A helpless teenager that had no clue for what who she was and what love was. For that they convinced the girl of what love was, of what she was supposed to be. What she was supposed to do and who she was supposed to listen to. Meredith Opal was stuck in the basement of the dark house in which she lived. On every friday night she was stud in the basement, sometimes they would chain her to the walls and sometimes she would behave enough to not too. The familiar feeling of metal chains, gripped the girls wrist every time she didn't want to do her orders. The teenaged girl was stuck into a dark room filled with men who took turns killing her, who took turns turning her inside out and back again. Who made her emotionless and clueless to what love really was. She would come crying and screaming to her parents each session, for what she had done and they would reply "We did this because we love you." With that Meredith would nod her head and continue the next week. As the pair collected the money that Meredith had made and made her do the same the next week. This is what the little girl called love. This is what she was told love was.

With that Edith sat still as stone, not even letting in one breath, not saying one word.

"Meredith you didn't have to tell me that." Edith replied a single tear running down her face. Through what ever Edith was doing to the many people she had met she had never intended for someone to be so open with her. She could tell when someone was lying to her, many people have when she asked questions. The curious girl couldn't help herself after rumors of her spread around the school of Edith, people were bound to lie to the ginger girl for whatever she needed to know. Edith had learned to accept that, but Meredith, Meredith didn't lie to her.

The imprint of tears stained the freckled cheeks of the ginger girl as she pulled the older one into an embrace. Edith's palms settle at the bottom of the raven haired back, as she let Meredith bury her head into her long thick hair. The gripe meredith had on Edith was the tightest she had ever felt. Meredith gripped onto Edith like her life depended on it, as if she was the only source of life and feeling that she had. Edith didn't know what she was feeling, she didn't know if she was even feeling anything but she knew that she wanted to keep Meredith's body in her arms. She wanted to keep the her tucked away in the sheets of her bed for only her to lay eyes on. The gentle cries of the older girl quieted as Edith fell onto her back against her plush white pillow. Meredith's head still buried into her shoulder. Edith held the girl close to her, not wanting to ever let go. Their legs were entangled like a mess of string in a crowded drawer. Merediths foot coming out longer due to her tall height, but she still hugged the smaller girl as if she was the most valuable thing in the world.

Edith went to shut her eyes but before she could drift into a sleep she could hear the faint whisper of Meredith.

"Thank you,"

Authors note

Hey everyone!!! Its delilah and I finally got a schedule worked out for my stories so Tenerife sea will be updated every tuesday, which I'm going to try to do. I hope you guys like what I'm doing here, with Edith and Meredith. As you may know Edith is one big ball of confusion and she doesn't now what feelings feel like and she is figuring things out as she goes. And Meredith is this sweet shy little sweet cupcake and I just want to hug her all day long. Yes guys I've became one of those authors. The next chapter will be another flash back, with Edith and Meredith. But don't worry this is still a Harry potter fanfic. I hope you had a wonderful 4th of july. Thanks for voting, commenting, and adding my story to your reading list.

Love, ❤️

Delilah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 246 32
- Things are seldom what they appear - Megan was ready for yet another long, boring summer at the Dursleys. Little did she know that this summer wou...
56K 1.8K 36
A dancing pair of fluttery pink fairy wings. That was all anyone ever seemed to see in Lily Luna Potter, because she never took them off. An angel of...
127K 5.4K 143
You cannot choose the family you're born into, but you can choose the family you belong to. An alternate universe Harry Potter setting where a hurt H...
179 4 14
"You don't know what it's like," she whispered, her voice breaking. "You know nothing." "He's been gone but I feel like it's not real, Ron. Please t...