DEATH BATTLE

Door NathanTheManTheMHFan

Two will enter. Only one will leave alive. Iconic characters from movies, games, TV, books, and lore will be... Meer

DEATH BATTLE
Episode 1: Cloud Strife vs Mikasa Ackerman
Episode 2: The Lich King vs Nightmare
Episode 3: Charizard vs Rathalos
Episode 4: Guts vs Batman
Episode 5: Blake Belladonna vs Deathstroke
Episode 6: General Esdeath vs Exdeath
Episode 7: Darth Vader vs Ganondorf
Episode 8: Deviljho vs Indominus Rex
Episode 9: Dante vs Raiden
Episode 10: Regret vs Sora
Episode 11: The Doctor vs Sakuya Izayoi
Episode 13: Crash Bandicoot vs Spyro the Dragon (Season 2 Premiere)
Episode 14: Alex Russo vs Terra Branford
Episode 15: Captain James Hook vs Captain Jack Sparrow
Episode 16: Ragna the Bloodedge vs Kamui Tokinomiya
Episode 17: Mai Shiranui vs Tifa Lockhart
Episode 18: Sam Fisher vs Ezio Auditore
Episode 19: Dante vs Raiden: REMASTERED!
Season 1 Death Battle Trivia
Episode 20: Goliath vs Eren Yeager
Episode 21: Brachydios vs Yang Xiao Long
Episode 22: Queen Elsa vs Jack Frost
Episode 23: Tris Prior vs Katniss Everdeen
Special DBX Chapter
Episode 24: Jotaro Kujo vs Yu Narukami (Season 2 Finale)
Season 2 Battle Royale: Losers Edition
Season 2 Battle Royale: Winners Edition
Season 2 Death Battle Trivia
Episode 25: Edge Master vs Shirou Emiya (Season 3 Premiere)
Episode 26: General Esdeath vs Jin Kisaragi
Episode 27: Red vs Yuna
Episode 28: The Nostalgia Critic vs The Angry Video Game Nerd
Alright
Match Replacement
Announcement
Final Battle Trailer
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - Pre-Battle Analysis
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 1 of 2
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 2 of 2

Episode 12: Vergil vs Sephiroth (Season 1 Finale)

2.1K 12 20
Door NathanTheManTheMHFan

Devil May Cry vs. Final Fantasy! It's one of the most highly-requested fights in Death Battle history. Will the son of Sparda claim victory, or will the son of Jenova take it from him?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: Sometimes, being the son of the greatest evil entity of all time might just prove to have invaluable merits.

Boomstick: Like having silver hair, huge-ass katanas, and really awesome skills! Like Vergil, the son of Sparda.

Wiz: And Sephiroth, the son of Jenova. To ensure no questions are left unanswered, every ability they both have will be represented as faithfully as possible.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick!

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

VERGIL

Wiz: Long, long ago, the human and demon worlds were at war. But the war had opened the eyes of one from the demon world, and he stood up for justice. His name was Sparda--

Boomstick: THIS! IS--

Wiz: NO! Are we seriously gonna start with this again?

Boomstick: Awww...

Wiz: *clears throat* Anyway, after separating the human and demon worlds, Sparda married a human woman, and with her had twin children: Dante and Vergil.

Boomstick: Buuuut eight years later, pops died, and the demons he betrayed went out for revenge, murdering mom and separating the twins.

Wiz: With the Sparda family torn apart and the twins separated, each believing the other to be dead, Vergil had no one but himself to blame. To cover this weakness and his failure to avenge his mother, Vergil embraced his demonic heritage and swore to gain absolute power. He also showed disdain for...some cult who worshipped Sparda, and vowed to one day demonstrate to them the true power of the son of Sparda.

Boomstick: With the help of this Kefka knockoff, Vergil planned to break his dad's seal and obtain his power, along with the sweet-ass Sword of Sparda. But Vergil knew he mustn't sit around if he wanted to enact his plan. He became a walking pile of badassery, murdering demons with Yamato, a demon katana that can cut through DIMENSIONS!

Wiz: With Yamato, Vergil utilizes the Iaido fighting style, which allows for precise and controlled sword movements. With this sword style, Vergil can fight using both the blade and the scabbard.

Boomstick: And he must be really f*cking good at what he does, since when Vergil faces a horde of demons, they won't know what hit 'em until Vergil sheathes his blade.

Vergil sheathes Yamato, and the demons around him are suddenly cut to ribbons by a multitude of sword attacks that appear seemingly out of nowhere.

Boomstick: Worth it!

Wiz: Yamato also allowed Vergil access to very powerful techniques. Including the Rapid Slash, a move wherein Vergil rushes his enemies and almost never misses a target; and the devastating Judgement Cut, wherein he slices his opponents from afar multiple times at once.

Boomstick: But even though Yamato is Vergil's favorite demon-killing machine, that didn't stop him from getting other weapons as well. Like a set of gauntlets and greaves known as Beowulf, which he got from a dude named...Beowulf.

Wiz: The Beowulf gauntlets and greaves increase Vergil's punching and kicking power, useful in situations where he is deprived of his weapon...

Boomstick: ...or if he decides "You know what? Screw swords!" and wants to settle things with his fists. But Vergil's deadliest blade is the Force Edge, which he doesn't use that much, really. But what's important is that this big, bad blade can dish out plenty of punishment. And it can even be thrown like a goddamn boomerang!

Wiz: While Vergil is absolutely ruthless, he retains a strong code of honor. He refuses to fight dirty, and he doesn't use guns...except when he shot Arkham one time.

Dante and Vergil: Jackpot.

Both twins fire off the guns in their hands, killing Arkham.

Boomstick: Because he doesn't wanna witness the awesomeness of wielding a boomstick, Vergil instead uses a different projectile attack: the Summoned Swords, which can be thrown seemingly infinitely.

Wiz: The power of these summoned swords is further amplified with Dark Slayer Style. While tapping into this style, Vergil can teleport to disorient his opponents, though he is more than durable enough to take constant punishment.

Boomstick: But once this dude starts tapping into his inner demon, he's more of a threat than ever. He can use his summoned swords as a shield that can cut people, and even surround his enemies with them and pummel them from many different angles at once.

Wiz: But his deadliest technique by far is his Devil Trigger. Unlike his brother Dante, Vergil quickly embraced and mastered this form, and it gives him a tremendous boost in strength and speed, and a healing factor.

Boomstick: Buuut despite having the power to murder the ever-living sh*t out of enemies easily, it comes with a time limit. And once it runs out, he'll, well...return to normal.

Wiz: Being the son of one of the most powerful demons ever, Vergil has accomplished some impressive feats. He defeated Dante in their first battle, was first to master the Devil Trigger among him and Dante, defeated Arkham with the help of Dante, and has survived trips into the demon world.

Boomstick: As awesome and powerful as he is, Vergil has his flaws. You see, he occasionally goads opponents to fight at their best, and he's really arrogant. And with all of his power, he couldn't beat the demon king Mundus, who brainwashed him, gave him a new suit of armor, and broke Yamato. Man, how much does the warranty of that sword even cover?

Wiz: And to top this off, when he became the knight Nelo Angelo, he couldn't make up for his loss of technique with his power boost.

Boomstick: But you wouldn't wanna f*ck around with Vergil. I'd advise you to step aside, but you'll be most likely too late to do it.

Vergil: Foolishness, Dante.

Vergil drives Yamato into Dante's heart.

Vergil: Foolishness. Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything...

Vergil plunges his blade further into Dante.

Vergil: ...let alone yourself.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

VERGIL

Full name: Vergil Sparda

Age: Ranges from 18 to 25

Height: 6'0 (speculated)

Aliases: The Son of Sparda, Nelo Angelo, Gilver

Weapons and Abilities

• Yamato - can cut through space

• Beowulf Gauntlets and Greaves

- Starfall

- Lunar Phase

- Rising Sun

- Beast Uppercut

- Kick 13

• Force Edge

• Summoned Swords

• Dark Slayer Style - more powerful version of Dante's Trickster style

• Devil Trigger - grants healing factor and substantially increases speed and strength

• Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability and reflexes

• Master swordsman

Feats

• Defeated Dante in their first encounter, matched him in second

• Assisted Dante in defeating the Sparda-powered Arkham

• Survived trips into demon world

• First among himself and Dante to master Devil Trigger

Weaknesses

• Code of honor may cost him in some battles

• Extremely arrogant

• Healing factor cannot regenerate entire limbs

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SEPHIROTH

Wiz: Take a look down the cobwebs of the town Nibelheim, and there you will see one of the planet Gaia's darkest entities: the alien lifeform known as Jenova.

Boomstick: Buuut a group of evil electric company people took Jenova's cells and injected them to regular humans. The result? A group of dying monsters and two people with confusing-as-sh*t stories.

Wiz: However, this Jenova Project was not a complete failure. In fact, it spawned one of the greatest soldiers who ever lived, otherwise known as Sephiroth.

Boomstick: Yeah, it turns out Jenova wasn't one of those magical wizards who could talk with the Planet and all that sh*t. But Jenova's cells gave Sephiroth a pretty damn sweet consolation prize, which is really, really awesome skills.

Wiz: However, Sephiroth knew nothing of his true parentage, and he had come to believe that his mother was human. Despite this, Sephiroth rose to become the greatest in the group of super soldiers known as...SOLDIER. Due to this, many in the unit looked up to him.

Boomstick: And for good reason. Sephiroth's main tool of destruction is the Masamune, a seven-foot-long blade which can cleave through almost anything with little to no effort and slice multiple times in the blink of an eye.

Wiz: Sephiroth can also create energy beams with the Masamune, which is more like a costless version of Blade Beam. Sephiroth can also teleport to flee from danger, though he's more than strong enough to endure constant punishment. With his incredible abilities and strength, Sephiroth went on to become a hero of the Wutai War, and even the other 1st Class SOLDIERS considered his power unmatched.

Boomstick: Everything was going well for this badass version of Leonardo, aaaand then he went to Nibelheim and discovered Jenova, who he believed to be his mother, and then straight-up burned down the town and murdered everyone in it. Damn. Talk about a momma's boy.

Wiz: You see, Sephiroth came to believe that Jenova was actually his long-lost mother, when in actuality, he was actually born from the womb of a female scientist and injected with Jenova's cells. Nevertheless, believing that Jenova was an Ancient, Sephiroth also perceived that he was the last of them, and proceeded to "avenge" his "ancestors".

Boomstick: He almost pulled it off, battering this black-haired SOLDIER dude into submission...buuut a regular Shinra infantryman busted him up good.

Cloud Strife grabs on the Masamune embedded on his chest, and with a defiant yell, uses the blade as a lever and throws Sephiroth into the Lifestream below.

Boomstick: Aaaaaand there he went.

Wiz: Fortunately for Sephiroth, his plunge into the Lifestream did not put an end to him. It dramatically increased Sephiroth's power, turning him from a force to be reckoned with to a nigh-unstoppable dreadnought.

Boomstick: After assimilating Jenova, Sephiroth gained an incredible boost in power, and some sweet new skills. He can cast every magic spell in existence, levitate, and even fly!

Wiz: While casting magic typically requires Materia, gems that are forged from raw energy drawn from Gaia, Sephiroth's plunge into the Planet gave him the ability to cast every magic spell in existence, save for Holy, without the need for Materia. In fact, Sephiroth only carries one orb of Materia in his person...

Boomstick: ...and it's the most destructive one! This tiny orb of death is called the Black Materia, and you know what it does? Oh, nothing special, it just summons a F*CKING PLANET-BUSTING METEOR!

Wiz: Sephiroth can summon Meteor's full power, but this often takes way too long to charge, so he often opts to summon smaller and weaker, yet still very potent, variants of Meteor with the Black Materia.

Boomstick: Sephiroth also gained access to two new spells. He can use Shadow Flare, which is, well...a shadow...flare, and then there's his most infamous spell: the Heartless Angel!

Sephiroth: Descend, Heartless Angel!

Sora tries to strike Sephiroth from the air, but the Heartless Angel hits him full on, knocking him out of the fight.

Wiz: Heartless Angel is a spell that severely weakens Sephiroth's opponents should they survive it, and kill them if they're not strong enough.

Boomstick: But when he feels the need to get serious, Sephiroth taps into Reunion Mode, where he sprouts a singular, glorious wing to aid in flight! But why the hell does Sephy even need that? I mean, he can already fly, for God's sakes!

Wiz: Tapping into this mode gives Sephiroth a tremendous boost in power, and he heals from minor wounds over time. However, the most dangerous feature that comes with this mode is the ability to use his deadliest attack: the Supernova.

Boomstick: Because why bother with planet-busting meteors when you've got a SOLAR SYSTEM-BUSTING EXPLOSION? Except it doesn't blow up the Earth for some reason.

Wiz: That Supernova is actually a Gravity-based illusion, so while it can deal tremendous damage, it cannot kill Sephiroth's target. The Supernova that Sephiroth uses in Reunion Mode is actually Sephiroth's ultimate Limit Break, and while it cannot destroy the solar system, it can actually kill the target and destroy a wide area.

Boomstick: Coming close to being the god of all the Lifestream, Sephiroth has accomplished great feats. He can effortlessly slay dragons, stand toe-to-toe with some of the greatest SOLDIERs of all time, and has even defeated Zack and came close to overwhelming Cloud...all while he was holding back!

Wiz: While other characters are shown to be able to stand toe-to-toe with Sephiroth, in those cases Sephiroth is implied to be holding back or limiting his power. In fact, the full extent of Sephiroth's power is unknown.

Boomstick: Buuuut since he's a bad guy, you can expect him to have weaknesses. He's often so overconfident in his abilities that he often gets caught off-guard. And his Reunion Mode runs at a time limit.

Wiz: However, we haven't seen Sephiroth fight at his fullest potential. But when he does, who knows how unstoppable he can get.

Boomstick: For now, you should think twice before crossing this guy. I'd advise you to step aside, but when you do, you're already in a million pieces.

Wrapped in a blue aura, Cloud lunges for Sephiroth, but the latter almost casually impales him and hoists him to the air. Amidst Cloud's cries of agony, Sephiroth smirks.

Sephiroth: Is this the pain you felt before, Cloud?

Cloud tries to tug Masamune free from his chest, to no avail.

Sephiroth: Let me remind you. This time, you won't forget!

Sephiroth sprouts a large black wing and tosses Cloud to the air.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SEPHIROTH

Age: 29

Height: 6'1''

Blood type: Unknown

Aliases: The Man in the Black Cape, The One-Winged Angel, The Son of Jenova, The Chosen One

Weapons and Powers

• Masamune - Sephiroth's immersion into the Lifestream allows him to manifest copies of this blade at will

• Every magic spell in FFVII except for Holy

- Can be cast without materia

- Tenure in the Lifestream granted access to two new exclusive spells, Shadow Flare and Heartless Angel

• Black Materia - allows for casting of Meteor, the ultimate black magic

• Reunion Mode - grants healing factor, increases Sephiroth's stats, and grants access to Supernova

• Superhuman speed, strength, durability, and stamina

• Master swordsman

• Flight

• Teleportation

• Full potential is unknown

Feats

• Cleaved into the barrel of Sister Ray

• Can slice through skyscrapers

• Nearly overpowered both Genesis in full power and Angeal, and could have done so if the session didn't stop

• Survived a full dip in the Lifestream without being dissolved

• Defeated Zack with little to no effort

• Came close to overwhelming Cloud

Weaknesses

• Extremely overconfident

• Full power of Meteor takes way too long to charge

• Can only take so much punishment

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: All right, the combatants are set. Let's end this debate once and for all! We have Vergil, the ruthless half-demon, and Sephiroth, the one-winged angel.

Boomstick: It's time for a DEATH BATTLE....SEASON FINALE STYLE YEAH!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

BATTLE

(Setting: Random ruined city, Night)

(A/N: Watch the Vergil vs Sephiroth One Minute Melee first, if you want to understand the story.)

The demon stood no chance. As the katana delved into its small skull, the demon shrieked, silenced only by the blade cutting it in half. The demon dissolved in a puff of red and black smoke, its blood staining the sword that slew it and spilling out on the ground. The katana's owner wiped the blood from the blade before slipping it to its scabbard, and he turned his back from the carnage, sighing, "What a pain."

The swordsman trudged up the steps of the staircase leading to a ruined church, his gloved fingers flying once more to the hilt of his blade as the wind shifted, blowing against the tails of his blue coat and flapping them as a result. Suddenly, out of the ruined stone floor emerged a horde of reptilian monsters, each about four feet long. The swordsman smirked to himself as the creatures growled and snapped their jaws, their eyes hungering for their prey. The head of the creatures suddenly charged in all fours, the silver-haired man undeterred as he drew his blade and swung it as he himself charged. Suddenly, the creature stopped, and as the silver-haired man sheathed his katana, the creature was sliced into a million pieces. Growling, the other creatures prepared to attack the swordsman, but as they spread their legs apart and prepared to lunge at him, they suddenly shrieked as a man with a longsword flew right past them, a multitude of slashes suddenly appearing and slicing the demons to ribbons. The strengthening wind blew against the stranger's long silver hair and black trenchcoat, and his longsword hummed, the edges of the blade emitting a soft green glow. The two swordsmen stared each other down for ages, the black-coated man's green, serpentine gaze meeting the shorter-haired man's blue. The latter broke the silence, quipping, "You came."

The man in the trenchcoat smirked devilishly. "Didn't I tell you..."

Suddenly, the man lunged forward, swinging his katana in a wide arc, the demon slayer barely raising his blade to capture the many slashes that came with the man's attack. The man in the trenchcoat looked back, continuing, "...that I'd see you again?"

The man in the blue coat slipped his katana back to its scabbard, uttering, "You know, I had just forgotten all about you. I still do. But I do know that you'll give me a real challenge, one I haven't had in years."

The man with the long curtain of silver hair turned to face his foe, holding the hilt of his sword with both hands and the blade pointing towards the ground. "It's about time."

FIGHT!

In a flash of light, Vergil disappeared, and then reappeared dangerously close to Sephiroth the second after, swinging Yamato in a diagonal arc. Sephiroth barely had time to parry Vergil's blow, and Yamato and Masamune sang as they clashed. Vergil tugged his blade free and struck once more, only to slice through a pillar of smoke as Sephiroth disappeared. The son of Jenova reappeared a few paces away and swung his sword, producing arcs of bright energy that hurtled towards Vergil. The demon slayer sliced them all in half with controlled precision before returning Yamato to its scabbard as he rushed Sephiroth. Vergil struck out, swinging his blade in a fast and dangerous onslaught of blows. Sephiroth deftly blocked all of them, countering by slashing at the air. A large barrage of slashes came next, one of them tearing slightly into Vergil's coat as the son of Sparda teleported to safety, reappearing behind Sephiroth and mimicking the latter's last motion. A barrage of straight slashes threatened to pummel Sephiroth, who teleported to escape the Judgement Cut. Sephiroth reappeared above Vergil, waving his free hand and launching three balls of fire. Vergil sliced clean through them as Sephiroth dove down and slashed downwards, Masamune meeting the blade of Yamato. Vergil immediately slashed in a wide arc, sending Sephiroth flying backwards. The former SOLDIER immediately regained his poise midair and swung his blade at the air multiple times, launching beams of energy at the rapidly approaching Vergil, who just casually tore throuh the beams with smooth swings of Yamato. As Vergil leapt into the air and slipped his blade back to its scabbard to attempt another Judgement Cut, Sephiroth responded by retreating, swinging Masamune and then catching its hilt with his right hand, a sudden wave of slashes ensuing and meeting the Judgement Cut. The opposing barrages emitted a brilliant shower of multicolored sparks, Vergil suddenly flying into the middle of the barrage as it dissipated. The demon slayer slashed faster than Sephiroth could register it, the soldier gritting his teeth as he staggered from capturing the sudden blow with his blade held in one hand. His free hand sparking with electricity, Sephiroth launched a Thundaga spell at Vergil, and as the ball of lightning struck him dead-on, Vergil plummeted to the ground, only barely managing to land on his feet as thin strands of smoke rose from his coat. Sephiroth landed gracefully on the ground, as if supported by invisible strings, and Vergil sheathed his blade, challenging the son of Jenova forward. Sephiroth rushed in and sprung high into the air, pirouetting as he sailed in his destructive path, his longsword spinning blindingly. Vergil only had time to backpedal as Sephiroth's blade came thundering down on his head, the Masamune meeting the ground as it narrowly missed Vergil. The son of Sparda retaliated by suddenly dashing forward, Yamato held out in front of him as he stopped a ways behind Sephiroth. The son of Jenova was a millisecond too late to dodge as the Rapid Slash grazed his right hip, drawing blood and forcing Sephiroth to one knee. Vergil turned to face Sephiroth as the latter mocked, "Have I jogged your memory yet?"

"No. You can try harder," retorted Vergil.

Sephiroth had just gotten to his feet when Vergil drew Yamato, and he immediately raised his free hand, green energy swirling around it as the ground suddenly trembled and cracked. The Quake spell threatened to throw Vergil off his feet, who struck at Sephiroth in lightning speed. The surprised Sephiroth, being forced to stop his spell, gnashed his teeth as he parried the blow and arched Masamune from behind his back to impale Vergil, the demon slayer almost casually deflecting the blow with his sword's wooden scabbard. Sephiroth struck again, Vergil quickly misdirecting the blow by sliding Yamato against Sephiroth's sword and forcing it to the ground. Vergil immediately freed his right hand, and before Sephiroth could gain an advantage, he struck fast enough, his sure-handed punch sending Sephiroth stumbling far back. Sephiroth regained his balance fast enough to cast Blizzaga, but Vergil took both sword and scabbard and sliced up the incoming ice chunks, not even drawing in a labored breath as Sephiroth rushed in, the glow on his blade intensifying as he struck again and again. With a little difficulty, Vergil struck with equal magnitude and speed, fully defending against the onslaught Sephiroth's Octaslash provided. As Sephiroth drew his blade back and slashed with blinding speed, declaring "Vanish!", Vergil leapt backwards, the final strike of Octaslash kissing his knees ever so slightly. Vergil immediately fought back the sudden pain and dashed at Sephiroth, knocking him into the air with a Beast Uppercut. While Sephiroth was midair, Vergil immediately teleported behind him and peppered Sephiroth with a merciless barrage of kicks, juggling the former SOLDIER in midair. Vergil suddenly teleported above Sephiroth and smashed his heel against the back of the SOLDIER's skull, smashing Sephiroth face-first into the stairs below and creating a small crater. Vergil raised his blade to behead his foe and end the fight, but Sephiroth disappeared in a cloud of smoke, Vergil gritting his teeth as his blade met the stone steps. Sephiroth reappeared far away, on top of a ruined building. Vergil teleported the second after, towards the edge of the roof, and stared Sephiroth down, his fingers hammering around Yamato, itching to draw the blade. Without warning, Sephiroth dashed forward, charged with Haste, and swooped Masamune in a graceful, yet strong arc, Vergil teleporting out of the way and reappearing on the roof of the building behind Sephiroth. Vergil conjured five blue blade-like projectiles above him and commanded them to strike Sephiroth, the SOLDIER erecting a bubble-like barrier around himself to stop the summoned swords in their tracks. The summoned swords immediately remained lodged on the shield, but Sephiroth held out, the shield beginning to crack under strain. Vergil created five more summoned swords and launched them towards the shield, Sephiroth teleporting away at the last second before the shield gave way and exploded. Unfortunately, he had teleported right in front of Vergil, who backflipped, catching Sephiroth with a devastating kick to the chin. The son of Sparda teleported in random directions around Sephiroth, delivering a punch with each attempt, but as he prepared to drive the son of Jenova onto the roof, Sephiroth arced his free hand and struck with Thundaga. Vergil teleported below Sephiroth to avoid the spell, but was only a hair's second too late when Sephiroth suddenly pointed Masamune downwards and dove, the son of Sparda unable to react as the longsword lanced through his abdomen. Sephiroth continued his descent, Vergil still impaled in his sword, until they reached the sloped roof of another building. Vergil let out a pained gasp as Masamune delved further into his body and on the roof, and had no choice but to teleport once more, amidst Sephiroth's utterance of "To the Promised Land."

Vergil reappeared on the roof of a nearby building--a ruined train station, perhaps--with his trusty blade still in its scabbard and his fists clenched, the gauntlets protecting them glinting eerily. Sephiroth freed his blade from the roof and immediately glided after Vergil, who just unsheathed his blade and nearly plucked Sephiroth from the air with a Judgement Cut. Barely managing to fly out of the way, Sephiroth winced as one of the slashes cut perfectly along his torso, but was undeterred, continuing his advance and swinging his blade upwards, launching another salvo of energy beams at Vergil. The beams cut into the edge of the roof as they careened towards Vergil, the demon slayer unfailingly cutting through all of them and seamlessly deflecting a blow from Sephiroth with his scabbard. Sephiroth freed his right hand and jabbed Vergil with a Thundaga-charged fist, the son of Sparda teetering back. Vergil sheathed Yamato and retaliated with an uppercut, then a backflip kick. He then teleported above Sephiroth and attempted to nail him down once more, the son of Jenova suddenly flying towards a spire ahead of him and narrowly avoiding Vergil's kick. Sephiroth effortlessly cut throuh the thick stone wall and entered the spire, and as Vergil teleported from building to building to reach the spire, he reared his blade. As soon as Vergil appeared behind him and struck, Sephiroth immediately brought Masamune down. While the blade itself did no damage to Vergil, a sudden barrage of slashes suddenly rained down upon the son of Sparda, mercilessly battering him. Sephiroth slashed Masamune in the opposite direction, and this time, Vergil was knocked far back, and he crashed against the wall. Sephiroth then raised his sword high into the air, and four orbs of dark fire suddenly converged around Vergil, who, with difficulty, teleported. The Shadow Flare left a gaping hole in the wall, and from there Vergil backpedaled, Sephiroth gliding after him and reaching the roof of a lower building. Sephiroth landed neatly in front of Vergil, who quipped, "I'll give it to you: you're strong. But you're not giving nearly enough."

Masamune by his side, Sephiroth replied, "Neither are you."

"Surprise me, then."

"Granted." Sephiroth teleported once more, reappearing behind Vergil and attempting to stab him through the upper back. Vergil only casually parried the strike, freed his scabbard, and rammed it into Sephiroth's abdomen. Sephiroth winced as Vergil removed the sheathe and returned it to his hip, and could not bring his sword down in time as Vergil slashed at him with pinpoint accuracy, leaving a long wound and slicing Sephiroth's left shoulder pauldron in half. Vergil rushed forward again, this time striking Sephiroth with a Rapid Slash. Sephiroth gasped as a searing agony burned through his body, nearly dropping Masamune, but was fortunately able to counteract an incoming Judgement Cut with another Reaper attack, the barrage of slashes meeting Vergil's attack. Ignoring the burning pain, Sephiroth charged and launched another salvo of energy beams, but this time, Vergil sidestepped the attack and summoned another batch of summoned swords, the blades surrounding Vergil as they spun around him, acting as a shield. Sephiroth retreated back to the spire as Vergil followed, the summoned swords around the latter slicing in half the Firaga projectiles launched by the former SOLDIER. The blades then spread further outward, still spinning, as they sliced clean through any structure they met. Landing on the ground, Vergil beckoned for the summoned swords to surround the airborne Sephiroth, and when they did, they converged towards the SOLDIER. A bright explosion ensued, ripping a portion of the spire off and causing it to crash against a lower building, crushing it. Vergil then teleported to what was now the top of the spire, seeing his prone foe bleeding a profuse amount of blood and struggling to recover to his feet. Vergil walked closer, ready to at last behead his foe when the latter huffed, "You have done well."

"I'll take that as a compliment, thank you," replied Vergil.

"Tell me, do you remember exactly who you're dealing with right now?"

"I still don't. However, you've given me a fine challenge. Now I shall end it."

Vergil raised Yamato high overhead, but was suddenly thrown back as a great, invisible force suddenly burst forth from Sephiroth. Vergil crashed awkwardly against the floor as he witnessed a large, ebony-feathered wing that had burst from Sephiroth's back, and the wing beat against the air, lifting Sephiroth off the ground. Righting himself, Sephiroth charged towards Vergil, raising his blade and bringing it down just as swiftly, instilling a flicker of surprise in the demon slayer. Still, Vergil reciprocated the attack, dueling his airborne foe from the ground. However, he failed to fell Sephiroth or even make him stagger, and as the one-winged angel continued his merciless onslaught, Vergil gnashed his teeth, unable to find even the slightest opening. The duel continued until Vergil was driven to the edge of the spire's roof, and as the half-demon swung Yamato and struck thin air, Sephiroth flew backwards, the demon sword narrowly missing the tip of his fine nose. The angel retaliated by dashing forward, impaling Vergil before he could react, drawing a pained gasp from the half-demon. Sephiroth let go of his sword and retreated as Vergil instinctively retaliated with a Judgement Cut, but the attack never met its mark: it instead met a facsimile of the Masamune that had appeared suddenly in a wash of green that had briefly appeared in Sephiroth's sword hand. The angel rushed at Vergil and slashed at him once, the blade meeting the flesh above Vergil's chest and biting deep. Vergil could not keep his balance as he toppled from the building, followed by Sephiroth, who raised his arm and launched a small blast of white light. Just before meeting Vergil, the blast expanded and exploded into a violent burst of bright green energy, Vergil barely teleporting to evade the Ultima spell. The explosion succeeded in obliterating that side of the ruined city, nonetheless, and when it dissipated, it revealed a charred crater with no debris. Sephiroth was high above, his one wing holding him aloft as he surveyed what was left of the ruins for Vergil. The son of Sparda furiously tugged the Masamune free from his chest, falling to a knee and hand in a blinding swirl of agony, and then concentrated as Sephiroth zoomed towards him, the angel's wing spread out and not flapping. Suddenly, in a flash of light and a storm of sparks, Vergil himself had changed form, his charred and torn blue coat turning scaly, a reptilian mask shrouding his face, and the scabbard of Yamato permanently embedded into his wrist. "You've given me a worthy challenge," declared Vergil, "but now it is time to end things here."

Vergil had tapped into Devil Trigger. He swung Yamato in a wide arc, the blade slicing through and shattering the Masamune in Sephiroth's hands as the latter advanced. Sephiroth skidded harshly against the ground, picking up the real Masamune as he huffed, "New strength...This is it. I no longer intend on holding back."

"So do I," replied Vergil as a second sword, more massive than Yamato, suddenly materialized in Vergil's free hand. "This...is the blade of my father. Sparda, the dark knight."

Sephiroth smirked as a second Masamune materialized in his right hand. "Well, my powers are the work of my mother, Jenova, the calamity from the skies."

Vergil crossed the two blades in his hands, Yamato and Force Edge, as Sephiroth did the same with his two Masamunes. For a brief while, they dueled, neither swordsman giving any quarter as they pressed their unrelenting assault, until Force Edge shattered the faux Masamune, Sephiroth forced to rely on his one real blade. Sephiroth quickly produced a black sphere from one of his pockets, and raised it high into the air, uttering, "Meteor, come forth."

A massive lump of burning rock suddenly descended from a shroud of clouds and hurtled towards Vergil, the demon slayer reacting instinctively with a Judgement Cut massive in magnitude, cutting the Meteor to pieces. His eyes narrowing, Sephiroth spread his wing and flew back to the ruined spire, Vergil following behind with insane speed and slicing cleanly through the buildings in his way, until he caught up. Sephiroth drew his blade back, as if he was sheathing it, and suddenly slashed it in a devastating angle, unleashing a wide energy beam that struck Vergil in the abdomen, threatening to rip him in half. Vergil retreated a few steps as the wound created by Sephiroth's Draw Slash slowly closed, and then crossed Yamato and Force Edge to capture the incoming Masamune. For a moment, the two were at a standstill until Vergil shot his foot up, sending Sephiroth flying. The one-winged angel immediately regained his balance midair, Vergil teleporting above him and sending Force Edge thundering down on him. Sephiroth blocked the blow with every ounce of his strength, even as Vergil brought down Yamato as well. The one-winged angel snarled in anger as the two demon swords began to crack the Masamune, and he flew back just before the longsword could break under strain. Vergil teleported again, reappearing behind Sephiroth as he arced Yamato behind his back and ran it through his upper back, a stream of blood running down Sephiroth's mouth and down his lips. Vergil tugged his katana free, and reared both it and Force Edge, aiming to scissor Sephiroth's neck.

"Descend, Heartless Angel!"

Vergil screamed and nearly dropped his swords as a searing, nigh-unbearable agony burned through every inch of his physique. Sephiroth saw this opportunity to impale Vergil once more and hurl him into the sky, following immediately afterwards. Midair, he concentrated, and as an explosion larger than the Ultima spell he had launched earlier poured from the skies, he turned away. Finally finding presence of mind to resist the searing agony caused by the Heartless Angel, Vergil conjured a blue barrier around himself, and while he knew it would not hold out against Sephiroth's Supernova, it would mitigate the damage enough for Devil Trigger to heal it. The titanic explosion rocked the shield, and it began to crack quicker than Vergil had anticipated. Still, Vergil hoped that the shield would somehow defend him from the mightiest flames of Supernova, even as the explosion reached and obliterated the ruins below. Finally, as the Supernova began to disperse, the shield exploded, and despite not being hit by the spell's full power, Vergil was in no way unmarred. Nearly unable to endure the searing agony that suddenly burned through him, Vergil crashed awkwardly against the ground, enough to create a large crater. As Vergil gathered himself once more with immense difficulty, he saw Sephiroth facing him, a devilish smile drawn across his face as he raised his blade to finish his foe. "It is finished."

With whatever might he had left, Vergil hurled Force Edge forward, and despite his weakness, the demon blade complied, blindingly spinning through the air and shattering the Masamune as it went. Gasping in shock, Sephiroth ducked, Vergil beckoning for the blade to come back, Force Edge continuing its devastating spiral until it lanced through Sephiroth's chest, the angel dropping the useless hilt of his blade and uttering, "N-No...Impossible..."

Vergil teleported back, and closed his eyes, Yamato drawn back as he uttered, "Rest in peace." Suddenly, a large portion of space opened around Sephiroth.

Judgement Cut...End!

A merciless barrage of immense slashes suddenly rained down on Sephiroth, severing his left arm first, then his right, and then his left leg, and then his wing, the slashes peppering the angel until the last one sliced him clean in two down the middle, and as Vergil returned to normal and his attack ceased, he saw the gored body of his opponent, a soft blue-green hue lining the slice marks. The sliced-up parts of Sephiroth's body suddenly glowed green, dissipating in weaves and leaving behind only an immense pool of blood. On the other hand, Vergil winced in pain from his wounds, having exited Devil Trigger before his wounds totally closed. He sighed, picking up Force Edge and slipping it into his back. He also picked up his scabbard and placed it in his left hip, sheathing Yamato into it. Vergil sighed as he walked away, shooting one last glance at the carnage. Finally, he walked out of the totally destroyed ruins, wondering if his brother was still around. Oh, the work he would have done before he was so rudely interrupted. As Vergil had exited the burning ruins, he sighed, "Prepare yourself, Brother..."

KO!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Boomstick: That. Was. Awesome!

Wiz: This was, surprisingly, an absurdly close duel. Both of them were almost evenly matched, being able to strike faster and stronger than average, but as always, only one has to walk out of the battlefield alive. And that was Vergil.

Boomstick: Yeah, Sephiroth was the stronger of the two, but Vergil literally had it in the bag in all the other aspects. He's taken far worse damage than Sephiroth could ever hope to dole out, and he was way faster.

Wiz: While Sephiroth had an unlimited pool of magic and a more diverse slew of attacks than Vergil, very few of them could actually take Vergil out of the fight.

Boomstick: Even Sephiroth's ultimate attack, the sadly-not-a-solar-system-busting Supernova, was almost useless. I mean, it's not like Vergil's gonna let some huge explosion finish him off.

Wiz: That's true. With his lightning-fast reflexes, Vergil could either teleport out of harm's way or defend himself with a barrier. Plus, Vergil has a more impressive track record than Sephiroth. Every day of his life since his separation from his family, Vergil has slain demons leagues stronger than him, and even defeated his twin brother on their first battle.

Boomstick: But Sephiroth's only notable victories were against Zack Fair, an entire town of helpless citizens, and a dragon. A plain old motherf*cking DRAGON.

Wiz: In the durability category, Vergil far outshines Sephiroth. In his peak condition before his plunge into the Lifestream, one impalement from the good old Buster Sword was enough to weaken Sephiroth. Don't let him fighting Zack beforehand fool you into thinking he was exhausted, because Sephiroth beat Zack with little to no effort at all. And at the very height of his powers...though it's implied that Sephiroth didn't have his full power...he was put down by a single Omnislash Version 6. Without sustaining any injuries beforehand.

Boomstick: Because ultimate moves. Vergil, on the other hand, shrugs off mortal wounds like they were nothing. Multiple times!

Wiz: And despite the ethereal nature of the Masamune, it can only hold out for so long against blades like Yamato and Force Edge, blades that have a reputation for cutting through anything, the exception being demon blades like Dante's Rebellion.

Boomstick: Plus, while Sephiroth's sword could cut through skyscrapers, it couldn't cut through Cloud's own sword. But how's THAT possible? No one can ever know.

Wiz: Plot, perhaps...? Anyway, unlike Cloud's Fusion Swords, Vergil's Yamato and Force Edge had a legitimate reason as to why they're nigh-unbreakable, and that is their demonic origins.

Boomstick: Lastly, let's not forget their ultimate forms! While Reunion Mode sure packed a lot of punch, it just PALES in comparison to Devil Trigger, which at its mastered state, could amplify Vergil's already insane stats even higher than Dante's.

Wiz: And though Reunion Mode provided a healing factor, it wasn't as reliable as the healing factor provided by Devil Trigger. A healing factor which can heal grave injuries much faster than normal, whilst Sephiroth's couldn't heal from Omnislash.

Boomstick: "But Wizard! You left out Sephiroth's ultimate god form!"

Wiz: Ah, yes, Safer Sephiroth. Yeah, Sephiroth did have the ability to tap into this form, but he can't if he's that distant from the Lifestream. Besides, even if we did give him that, it would only serve to delay the inevitable, since its Supernova can't kill Vergil outright. Vergil just overwhelmed Sephiroth with his superior weaponry, durability, Devil Trigger, and experience.

Boomstick: Vergil just gave Sephiroth his final Judgment.

Wiz: The winner is Vergil...*shifts gaze to Boomstick* Wow, Boomstick. That's your "best pun ever".

Boomstick: Um...uh...I guess we'll just have to...WAIT FOR SEASON TWO, B*TCH!

Wiz: Um...okay?

****

Winner: VERGIL

+ Faster and more durable

+ More experienced

+ Yamato could cut through Masamune, given time

+ Teleport spamming

+ Devil Trigger boosted his power, and allowed him to guard against the full power of Supernova

- Arrogance nearly cost him the fight

- Has no way to survive Supernova, if hit directly by it

Loser: SEPHIROTH

+ Stronger

+ Arsenal is way more diverse

+ Reaper could counteract Judgement Cut

- Reunion mode cannot heal major wounds

- More frail, by comparison

- Meteor takes way too long to charge, preventing him from using its full power

- Cannot tap into Safer Sephiroth if he's that far away from the Lifestream

- Has no way to survive the Judgement Cut End

****

A/N: All right, that officialy ends Season 1! Oh, and before you ask, Reunion is Sephiroth's EX Mode in Dissidia.

...But that's not why I wrote this note. I can already sense the fanboy rage incoming, guys. Okay, I'll admit: I'm a Final Fantasy fanboy, and I was initially set on Sephiroth winning. I've seen all sources possible: I've beaten FFVII twice, I've beaten Sephy in Crisis Core, I've watched his Advent Children Complete fight scene (though I watched the movie mainly for my Thirteenth Vessel story), and I've taken a good look at his Dissidia 012 moveset. But when I read deep, DEEP into Vergil...I had doubts at first, but I completely flipped sides. Vergil had more than enough necessary facts to beat Sephiroth, and NO, even his Safer form cannot defeat Vergil. That is because he's weaponless in this form, and his Supernova is just an animation, never really capable of killing people. I was stuck in the middle for a while trying to decide a winner, but after reading into Vergil, this just confirms it. Sephiroth may have a way to kill Vergil, but Vergil has double the ways to put down Sephy.

But enough about that, amiright? Season 2 is coming up, but I still have to work on Advent: The Thirteenth Vessel. But to get you all excited, here's the lineup of the S02 fights:

Two of PlayStation's Pioneer Heroes Finally Face Off After Much Debate on the Internet

Witch of Waverly Place versus The Girl with the Gift of Magic

Pirate of Neverland versus Pirate of the Caribbean

Bloodedge versus Millenial Protector

Two of Gaming's Most Iconic Treasure Hunters Square Off

Predator of Splinter Cell versus Il Mentore of the Brotherhood

Crescent Rose versus Devil Bringer

Prior Divergent versus Champion of the Twelfth District

Guardian of the Universe versus The Destroyer of New York

Singing Queen of the Ice versus Frosty Guardian

Gargoyle versus Titan

And the Season Finale: Legendary Martial Artist versus Magical Girl Goddess

And I'll also begin posting DBX bouts in the following seasons, four fights each season. Here are the Season 2 DBX's:

Key of Destiny versus Faunus of the Shadows

Son of the Holy Knight versus The Hero of Hyrule

Empire's Strongest versus Galactic Empire's Enforcer

Demon Hunter versus Icarian Angel

That's about it. Stay tuned for Season 2, and as always...Peace out!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

96.9K 1.6K 40
Two monsters who were scarred by the world and left to suffer in isolation, but what happens when you put one and one together? Can love come to save...
262K 8.1K 186
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
56.6K 1K 60
(Dekarangers X Massive Crossover) The world is filled with fake heroes. But there is a group of superheroes which seek nothing but to defend the inno...
26.7K 763 20
Esther May grew up in a small town in England and she is your classic, cliche case of a runaway. The moment she turned 18 and got to apply for univer...