DEATH BATTLE

Av NathanTheManTheMHFan

Two will enter. Only one will leave alive. Iconic characters from movies, games, TV, books, and lore will be... Mer

DEATH BATTLE
Episode 1: Cloud Strife vs Mikasa Ackerman
Episode 2: The Lich King vs Nightmare
Episode 3: Charizard vs Rathalos
Episode 4: Guts vs Batman
Episode 5: Blake Belladonna vs Deathstroke
Episode 6: General Esdeath vs Exdeath
Episode 7: Darth Vader vs Ganondorf
Episode 9: Dante vs Raiden
Episode 10: Regret vs Sora
Episode 11: The Doctor vs Sakuya Izayoi
Episode 12: Vergil vs Sephiroth (Season 1 Finale)
Episode 13: Crash Bandicoot vs Spyro the Dragon (Season 2 Premiere)
Episode 14: Alex Russo vs Terra Branford
Episode 15: Captain James Hook vs Captain Jack Sparrow
Episode 16: Ragna the Bloodedge vs Kamui Tokinomiya
Episode 17: Mai Shiranui vs Tifa Lockhart
Episode 18: Sam Fisher vs Ezio Auditore
Episode 19: Dante vs Raiden: REMASTERED!
Season 1 Death Battle Trivia
Episode 20: Goliath vs Eren Yeager
Episode 21: Brachydios vs Yang Xiao Long
Episode 22: Queen Elsa vs Jack Frost
Episode 23: Tris Prior vs Katniss Everdeen
Special DBX Chapter
Episode 24: Jotaro Kujo vs Yu Narukami (Season 2 Finale)
Season 2 Battle Royale: Losers Edition
Season 2 Battle Royale: Winners Edition
Season 2 Death Battle Trivia
Episode 25: Edge Master vs Shirou Emiya (Season 3 Premiere)
Episode 26: General Esdeath vs Jin Kisaragi
Episode 27: Red vs Yuna
Episode 28: The Nostalgia Critic vs The Angry Video Game Nerd
Alright
Match Replacement
Announcement
Final Battle Trailer
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - Pre-Battle Analysis
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 1 of 2
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 2 of 2

Episode 8: Deviljho vs Indominus Rex

1.1K 12 2
Av NathanTheManTheMHFan

Monster Hunter vs. Jurassic World! Get ready for a battle of the dinosaurs.

*~*~*~*

Wiz: Since the discovery of the Iguanodon, humankind has sought to unravel the mysteries of the dinosaurs, never thinking of the dangerous consequences. And fiction has given us representations of their power.

Boomstick: Like Deviljho, the savage nomad of Monster Hunter.

Wiz: And Indominus Rex, Jurassic World's most dangerous hybrid.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick!

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win...a Death Battle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

DEVILJHO

Wiz: In the world of Monster Hunter, there lives a beast feared by many. It roams the world to satisfy its unending hunger and drives many species to extinction. The nomad monster's name is Deviljho.

Boomstick: Say hello to the Doomsday Pickle...osaurus.

Wiz: Deviljho is a Brute Wyvern, a species of monster that resembles theropod dinosaurs. Being nomadic monsters, Deviljhos can be seen in various biomes such as islands, mountains, forests, volcanoes, and even the harsh tundra.

Boomstick: Here we are, with yet another survivor monster.

Wiz: With its high metabolism and body heat, Deviljho must feed constantly, meaning it can endanger many species or totally drive them to extinction. This makes them a major threat in the food chain.

Boomstick: And for good reason. Deviljho is a monster in combat! Besides being, you know, literally a monster. He'll huck boulders at you, bite at you, crush you with its foot, slam its pickle-shaped tail at you, knock you aside with its...hip, and'll even pin you down and give you a slow and painful death.

Wiz: When he is enraged, Deviljho gains access to its dragon breath, a wave of draconian energy which deals massive damage and nullifies elemental attacks.

Boomstick: Did I mention the boulder toss attack yet? Depending on where you fight it, the boulder will inflict random elemental damage, perfect for taking on monsters with varying weaknesses!

Wiz: Also, Deviljho's saliva is corrosive, meaning it can, slowly but surely, whittle away at a tough foe's shell. And while regular monsters are prone to attack when they're hungry, a hungry Deviljho is even more dangerous, as the amount of corrosive saliva generated increases.

Boomstick: And if that wasn't threatening enough, Deviljho will bite at you more often when he's hungry. Meaning its convenient corrosive drool's gonna give you a painful, smelly death if you're careless.

Wiz: But the attribute that makes Deviljho most dangerous is his ability to enter Savage mode. A Savage Deviljho can use its dragon breath often even when not enraged, and its strength and defense are amplified twofold.

Boomstick: And when the SAVAGE Deviljho becomes enraged...it's your funeral.

Wiz: A Deviljho reveals its many battle scars when it's enraged, meaning it has fought countless monsters in its lifetime and won out. It's a threat to some of the mightiest wyverns in the land; can bludgeon a Duramboros to death, which is known to be able to crush a powerful wyvern's skull to dust with a single swing of its tail; and can even go toe-to-toe with the true elder dragons, namely Kushala Daora, Teostra, and the like.

Boomstick: Because he views every animal as a meal, Deviljho will stop at nothing to defeat his foes. Heck, he'll even eat his own f*cking severed tail when he's hungry! Talk about self-cannibalism.

Wiz: Speaking of cannibalism, Deviljhos can be cannibals, and will actively attack other Deviljhos in combat, even if they just happen to be there.

Boomstick: Deviljhos are weak to dragon-elemental attacks and electricity, but Lord knows how much of the monsters that have those that Deviljho has eaten. And like any other volcano-dwelling monster, for some reason, Deviljho can survive a dip in lava.

Wiz: There's a reason why Deviljho is called the Great Devourer. Truly, its strength and deep hunger make it one of the deadliest dinosaurs in video game history.

A Deviljho finishes off its Great Jaggi meal, and roars in victory.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

INDOMINUS REX

Wiz: In the year 2012, the theme park Jurassic World saw a lower percentage of success. They needed a new attraction, one that would spark tourists' interest on dinosaurs once again.

Boomstick: Which they did by mushing a couple of dinosaurs and other animals together to make a new dinosaur. Pretty good idea, really. When this new dinosaur was created, ticket sales for Jurassic World skyrocketed faster than the sales of Fallout 4. Apparently, the people were so hyped to see Legosaurus.

Wiz: Fused from many different dinosaurs to make it a formidable monster, this dinosaur hybrid was dubbed...the Indominus Rex.

Boomstick: But like any regular experiment in fiction, the evil scientist who created Indominus wanted to use it to kill people. Upon hatching, Indominus killed its younger sibling and ate any unlucky worker who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, until one day it broke free and started its obligatory killing spree.

Wiz: The dinosaurs used to create Indominus gave it many different traits. Its base genome, the Tyrannosaurus rex, gives Indominus a bite force strong enough to crush a bulletproof Gyrosphere or break an Ankylosaurus's neck.

Boomstick: The scientists also gave Indominus raptor DNA, which gives it intelligence above that of a regular dinosaur. With it, Indominus is smart enough to trick people into thinking it climbed over its cage. Oh, and it can also talk to raptors!

Wiz: With Therizinosaurus DNA, Indominus gains well-developed arms, with claws that can severely injure even an Apatosaurus.

Boomstick: Holy sh*t, that's some Attack on Titan...osaurus sh*t right there! The Indominus was also infused with the DNA of a tree frog, which allows it to mask its heat signature. Perfect if you wanna give someone a jumpscare before eating him.

Wiz: With pit viper DNA, Indominus can open its jaws wider than any normal dinosaur, further amplifying its bite strength. The Indominus also has skin so tough that it can shrug off minigun fire and survive an indirect hit from a rocket launcher.

Boomstick: Being the result of a bunch of dinosaurs mushed together, Indominus can do crazy stuff. It can wreck a bulletproof Gyrosphere, take down an Apatosaurus with a single swipe of its claws, break the neck of an Ankylosaurus, and has even gone toe-to-toe with a T-Rex and a Velociraptor ganging up on it!

Wiz: However, the Indominus is not perfect. Its skin can only take so much punishment, and despite being intelligent and having the ability to do surprise attacks, the Indominus sometimes can't foil them when they are done on it.

Boomstick: And for an intelligent dinosaur, Indominus sometimes underestimates its prey. Like that one time it had two kids trapped in a Gyrosphere sandwiched in its jaws, but it didn't count on them escaping through another exit!

Wiz: But there's a reason why they called this dinosaur the Indominus Rex. Its fierce, untamed rage knows no bounds, making it nearly unstoppable.

The Indominus Rex drops a shattered Gyrosphere and roars.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: All right, the combatants are set. Let's end this debate once and for all! We have Deviljho, the Great Devourer, and Indominus Rex, the being that lurks Jurassic World.

Boomstick: It's time for a DEATH BATTLE...with dinosaurs!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

BATTLE

(Setting: Random forest, midday)

A pack of velociraptors advanced through the trees, chasing after an Aptonoth they had singled out from its herd. The Aptonoth's bulk proved to be its downfall, as the speedy velociraptors had caught up to the herbivore and raked into its neck with their singular curved claws. However, as the velociraptors prepared to feast on their latest meal, the earth trembled, and suddenly, a mighty beast, covered in green scales, thundered towards them. The raptors prepared to fight the monster, but the latter simply spun, its massive tail smashing sickeningly against the entire group. Growling, the beast then bowed its head towards the dead Aptonoth and prepared to feast as the raptors scurried away...

A loud, sickening roar stopped the brute wyvern in its tracks.

Almost immediately after, a large, gray dinosaur sprinted towards the brute wyvern, which switched its eerie gaze from the Aptonoth to the dinosaur. As the dinosaur roared, the brute wyvern growled, taunting the former to it.

FIGHT!

The Indominus Rex struck first, raising a clawed forelimb and striking out at the Deviljho. The brute wyvern had stepped out of the way when it suddenly lunged, its gaping jaws scattering saliva as they snapped closed. The Indominus took a large step back and countered with a bite of its own, the Deviljho charging and swinging its massive tail. The appendage crunched against Indominus's jaw, the hybrid reacting by clawing at Deviljho's hip. The brute did not seem fazed, however, as it struck back with the same hip with great force, Indominus teetering back and rearing against a tree. Deviljho then lowered its head and sifted an enormous boulder from the ground, hurling it at Indominus with its jaws. The hybrid was quick to slice the rock in two with its right forelimb, reacting by charging at Deviljho and biting on its neck. The brute wyvern roared as it attempted to free itself from Indominus's jaws, and with a defiant screech, smashed against Indominus with its hip, forcing the dinosaur to retreat a few steps. Deviljho was immediately on it, biting left and right and demolishing any nearby tree, until it reached Indominus and lunged, managing to get a bite in. Indominus growled as the wound Deviljho had inflicted on it drew blood and some steam, but struck back, sending the brute wyvern reeling back with a devastating charge. Deviljho recovered quickly, but Indominus swung its tail against the brute wyvern, causing it to deviate from its intended charge attack. Indominus swiped at Deviljho once more with its massive claw, the brute wyvern rearing back and suddenly lunging, catching the plummeting forelimb by its jaws. Indominus screeched, the pain from the bite wound being coupled with Deviljho's invading corrosive saliva. Thinking fast, the hybrid raked its free hand at Deviljho's jaw, causing the brute wyvern to release Indominus's arm from its jaws and teeter back, roaring. Before Deviljho could recover, Indominus struck out once more, gashing Deviljho's back and chest and drawing blood. The hybrid continued its assault, slashing at Deviljho multiple times, and ended its attack with a swipe of its tail, sending Deviljho reeling to the side. The Indominus closed in and prepared to unhinge its monstrous jaws as Deviljho suddenly sent its foot thundering down on Indominus's, and the brute wyvern's muscles suddenly began to swell as small strands of dark energy began to flow around Deviljho's mouth.

Deviljho suddenly roared, rearing its head as the energy swirled around its jaws. The brute wyvern then opened its jaws wide, releasing the energy as a violent wave of darkness. Indominus had no time to react as the dragon breath attack struck it dead on, Deviljho continually spewing energy until the attack dissipated. Indominus gathered itself, energy still crackling from where the wave struck, and thrust itself forward, knocking Deviljho towards a tree but not causing it to fall. The enraged beast wasted no time and sent its jaws hinging on the larger Indominus's neck, the latter roaring in pain as the bite drew blood and the saliva dripped on the created wound, letting off small strands of smoke. Deviljho struck again, this time smashing its tail against Indominus's head, the hybrid getting knocked away despite its size. The gargantuan dinosaur then retreated into the forest, disappearing into the woods as Deviljho raised its head, roaring.

Suddenly, out of the shadows Indominus lunged, pinning Deviljho to the ground before the brute could react. Indominus clawed at Deviljho's face repeatedly, and when it was finally satisfied, unhinged its jaws and brought them rocketing down on the brute wyvern. Deviljho immediately unleashed a stream of dark energy from its mouth, catching Indominus by its own mouth and causing the hybrid to reel back, roaring in anguish as dark sparks ran in its mouth and jaws and vaporized half of its tongue. Deviljho picked itself up, greenish saliva now dripping from its mouth and causing small patches of ground to give way. The enraged Indominus righted itself and roared, the intensity of the sound causing the trees to violently shake and the perched birds to flee in terror. The hybrid then charged, swiping at Deviljho with a violent diagonal slash, the brute wyvern taking two steps back and avoiding the attack. Deviljho struck back, lunging at Indominus's neck and drawing large drops of blood. The smoke from the corrosive saliva increased in thickness as Deviljho pressed its jaws harder on the hybrid's neck. Screeching, Indominus lashed out, its claws digging into the flesh near the Deviljho's right eye. Deviljho roared, almost falling to its back as it was forced to free its jaws, and Indominus righted itself once more, the skin around its neck corroding and revealing a bleeding hunk of muscle and bone. Roaring, Indominus launched itself forward, its jaws unhinged, and bit on Deviljho's neck, the brute wyvern roaring as the attack drew blood, and used all means to free itself from the hybrid's jaws, succeeding when it attempted to strike Indominus with its hip once more, the hybrid forced to release its grip once pain from its neck wound bit in. Deviljho spun once more, its tail crashing against Indominus's neck, drawing a pained roar from the hybrid. Once the hybrid regained itself, it saw that strands of dark energy now ran from Deviljho's jaws to the base of its neck.

Deviljho roared, letting loose a thick wave of energy from its mouth and forcing the Indominus to its knees. Before the hybrid could register it, Deviljho came upon it, slamming its jaws on Indominus's exposed neck, causing the dinosaur to cry in pain. Indominus lashed out, its claw missing Deviljho's eye by a mere inch, and roared louder once the vertebrae on its neck began to snap. With a mighty roar, Indominus freed itself, but could not look up in time to see Deviljho lunging at it, the energy around its head crackling danergously. Deviljho's left foot caught Indominus's neck, causing the defenseless hybrid to cry out once more, its roar silenced when Deviljho sent a stream of energy at its mouth. Too weak to raise either of its clawed hands, Indominus dropped to the ground, its abdomen rising and falling in a dangerously fast pattern. Deviljho looked down on the helpless Indominus, its orange eyes glowing dangerously, and the weak, trembling Indominus roared one last time, in defiance. Growling, Deviljho responded by releasing its foot from Indominus's neck and bringing it down just as swiftly, breaking the Indominus's neck and slowly, but surely, ripping into the muscles, sinews, and bone holding the head and the body together until the head was separated by Deviljho's thundering foot, exposing Indominus's throat and held togeher by only a few strands of sinew. The energy around its jaws and neck dissipating, Deviljho raised its head and roared, and looked down on its newest meal, blood still spilling from the dead hybrid's neck.

KO!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Boomstick: What is with Monster Hunter monsters tearing their opponents' heads off?

Wiz: With its wealth of dinosaur DNA, Indominus Rex was an extremely well-rounded opponent, outranking Deviljho in size, but Deviljho edges out everywhere else. Its high intelligence almost proved a great counter against Deviljho's brawn, but that wasn't enough to outclass the stronger and more experienced Deviljho.

Boomstick: Indominus also has a bite force capable of breaking an Ankylosaurus's neck, but Deviljho's many scars prove that the Great Devourer has taken worse. Also, while Indominus was capable of single-handedly killing an Apatosaurus and an Ankylosaurus, Deviljho just drives ENTIRE SPECIES to extinction casually. Not even the Tigrex has an easy time takin' this guy down.

Wiz: And while its scales are tough, take note, Indominus has been bested in battle by Rexy, a Tyrannosaurus rex, and Blue, a velociraptor. While Rexy and Blue were not able to take down Indominus easily, they battered it to the point where it actually bled. Without any special saliva. While Deviljho's own bite wasn't enough to take down Indominus, let alone whittle away at its hide, its corrosive saliva sped up the work, corroding Indominus's hide at a much faster rate.

Boomstick: Indominus was smart and strong, but like I said before, Deviljho has dealt with stronger and smarter foes. Plus once it went Savage, it was all over for Indominus.

Wiz: Deviljho didn't even need to go Savage to defeat Indominus, for its saliva would speed the work for it. Once a battle drags, Deviljho becomes hungry, making it even more dangerous. Indominus's strength, versatility and smarts just weren't enough for Deviljho's raw power, deep hunger, and superior attacks.

Boomstick: This fight was a stomp.

Wiz: That pun was...short.

Boomstick: *sigh* I got a new gun.

Wiz: Well, that's...nice. What's wrong?

Boomstick: I may have accidentally shot your last date...

Wiz: *eyes twitching* Let's talk later...The winner is Deviljho.

****

Winner: DEVILJHO

+ Faster and stronger

+ Saliva could corrode Indominus's tough scales

+ More threatening once it was hungry

+ Dragon breath

- Smaller

Loser: INDOMINUS REX

+ Larger

+ Smarter

- Had no counter against Deviljho's dragon breath and corrosive saliva

- While boasting an impressive run speed, could not react fast enough to counter Deviljho's attacks

- Was overwhelmed before it could do any real damage

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Next Time on Death Battle:

A man, garbed in a red leather coat, catches the Savior's plummeting fist...

VS

A cyborg hurls Metal Gear RAY into the air with all his strength.

Fortsett รฅ les

You'll Also Like

306K 22.6K 48
#WATTYS2017 Winner - HIGHEST RANKING # 5 - DOWNTON ABBEY meets Libba Bray's THE DIVINERS in this YA Historical Fantasy set in 1922 England. Unlike al...
205K 10.4K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
328K 4.3K 92
The last Saiyan, (y/n), only wants one thing in life: To fight, and defeat, only the strongest of opponents. When his search to fight the strongest l...
346K 10.7K 59
Love, love, love, love who? "... That one person." Who is that person? Tell me who? "The one whose destiny entangled with mine to the point of exist...