DEATH BATTLE

By NathanTheManTheMHFan

Two will enter. Only one will leave alive. Iconic characters from movies, games, TV, books, and lore will be... More

DEATH BATTLE
Episode 1: Cloud Strife vs Mikasa Ackerman
Episode 2: The Lich King vs Nightmare
Episode 3: Charizard vs Rathalos
Episode 4: Guts vs Batman
Episode 5: Blake Belladonna vs Deathstroke
Episode 7: Darth Vader vs Ganondorf
Episode 8: Deviljho vs Indominus Rex
Episode 9: Dante vs Raiden
Episode 10: Regret vs Sora
Episode 11: The Doctor vs Sakuya Izayoi
Episode 12: Vergil vs Sephiroth (Season 1 Finale)
Episode 13: Crash Bandicoot vs Spyro the Dragon (Season 2 Premiere)
Episode 14: Alex Russo vs Terra Branford
Episode 15: Captain James Hook vs Captain Jack Sparrow
Episode 16: Ragna the Bloodedge vs Kamui Tokinomiya
Episode 17: Mai Shiranui vs Tifa Lockhart
Episode 18: Sam Fisher vs Ezio Auditore
Episode 19: Dante vs Raiden: REMASTERED!
Season 1 Death Battle Trivia
Episode 20: Goliath vs Eren Yeager
Episode 21: Brachydios vs Yang Xiao Long
Episode 22: Queen Elsa vs Jack Frost
Episode 23: Tris Prior vs Katniss Everdeen
Special DBX Chapter
Episode 24: Jotaro Kujo vs Yu Narukami (Season 2 Finale)
Season 2 Battle Royale: Losers Edition
Season 2 Battle Royale: Winners Edition
Season 2 Death Battle Trivia
Episode 25: Edge Master vs Shirou Emiya (Season 3 Premiere)
Episode 26: General Esdeath vs Jin Kisaragi
Episode 27: Red vs Yuna
Episode 28: The Nostalgia Critic vs The Angry Video Game Nerd
Alright
Match Replacement
Announcement
Final Battle Trailer
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - Pre-Battle Analysis
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 1 of 2
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 2 of 2

Episode 6: General Esdeath vs Exdeath

1.5K 7 5
By NathanTheManTheMHFan

(A/N: Okay, guys. This is, by far, the stupidest matchup I've ever done. But deleting it and replacing it would be dishonest, at least on my part.)

Akame ga Kill vs Final Fantasy! Two almost-similarly-named villains will face off. Will Esdeath put Exdeath on ice? Or will the demon tree of Moore void the General's chances of winning?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: Every badass villain has to have a badass name, one that will instill fear into the hearts of the heroes who dare to stop them.

Boomstick: And sometimes the word "death" makes it all the more terrifying! Like General Esdeath, the Empire's strongest general.

Wiz: And Exdeath, the master of the Void.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick!

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

GENERAL ESDEATH

Boomstick: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, there was an Empire which exercised its iron grip over numerous--

Wiz: No, Boomstick! We're not talking about the Star Wars Empire. Esdeath is from Akame ga Kill.

Boomstick: *groan* Fine. In some corner of anime land, there was a boundless Empire which did many of the things a regular evil empire would. Like try to take over the goddamed world!

Wiz: To do this, they needed a military leader capable of instilling fear into the hearts of any who would protest. Said leader would also have to possess immense power in order to make the Empire a force to be reckoned with.

Boomstick: And who would be a better choice than this sadistic chick, General Esdeath.

Wiz: Witnessing her mother die at the hands of a monster, our budding general was raised by the chief of the Partas Clan, who trained her in the ways of the blade.

Boomstick: At a young age, she was already seeing animals getting gutted. And she didn't really mind much! Theeen she went out on a trip and found her village burning and her father dead upon returning.

Wiz: Esdeath lived by her father's dying words: "The weak deserve to perish". She vowed to get stronger, eventually becoming a soldier for the Empire, quickly rising through the ranks to become General Esdeath.

Boomstick: She was then offered three Teigu by the Empire. Buuut she decided to pick mystery Insaniteigu number four because she liked it more than the other three. Because what else is more tempting than a Teigu that drives you crazy?

Wiz: Surprisingly enough, Esdeath's choice did not have any negative effect on her. In fact, Esdeath even surpressed the Demon's Extract and weaponized it, giving her control over ice.

Boomstick: But we're saving that for later. Esdeath wields a long rapier which she uses efficiently. She also has a strong sixth sense that allows her to detect killing intent, which is insane unlike that Demon's Extract because she's usually the one with the killing intent.

Wiz: Esdeath is also extremely knowledgeable on the human anatomy, meaning she knows exactly where to strike if she wants to torture someone, which is her hobby, by the way.

Boomstick: Fine, we're breaking the ice. Haha, get it? Ice?

Wiz: *groan* And I just helped you through your midlife crisis...

Boomstick: Okay, sorry! Anyway, we mentioned the Demon's Extract. It allows our crazy chick to wield ice.

Wiz: Her basic ice attack is the Weissschnabel, which allows her to snipe opponents with icicles. She also has the Grauhorn, which is a giant ice spike perfect for impaling large foes.

Boomstick: But her strongest ice attack is the Hagelsprung. While it doesn't have Impale-aman-sized spikes, it summons a giant sphere of ice to trap and crush her foes.

Wiz: However, Esdeath's obsession with a Night Raid member named Tatsumi gave her a far deadlier technique: the Mahapadma. It freezes time and space for everyone except Esdeath, and though it only does so for a short while, it gives Esdeath enough time to lick her wounds or land a lethal blow.

Boomstick: A chick that can freeze everything INCLUDING TIME? Now I'm starting to wonder why Elsa was made in the first place.

Wiz: Though Mahapadma puts a strain on the user's body, and she can only use it once in every 24 hours.

Boomstick: Regardless, Esdeath has accomplished Demon Extract-crazy feats with her abilities. She froze an entire lake, broke the sanity of a prince by killing his people and burying them alive, froze 400,000 people SINGLEHANDEDLY, killed a guy named Susanoo, and one-shotted a group of Danger Beasts.

Wiz: But her skills can somewhat lead to her greatest downfall. She takes it easy on foes weaker than herself, letting them live just so she can beat them down again. Then there's her bloodlust.

Boomstick: Yeah, Esdeath can be a psycho at times, wanting to beat strong people to death, AAAAND she's obsessed with Tatsumi.

Wiz: And despite her knowledge on human anatomy, she only ever uses it to inflict massive amounts of pain on the foolhardy foe who went against her in the first place.

Boomstick: But when Esdeath gets serious, you can forget she has flaws mainly because you'll mainly be feeling a lot of pain.

Esdeath: The weak are destined to lie beneath the boots of the strong.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

EXDEATH

Wiz: Long, long ago, a warlock named Enuo was defeated, sealing away a power he tried to exploit: the power of a legendary force known simply as the Void. After this, humanity decided to turn to a solution that would purge the land of corruption and evil.

Boomstick: Which is shutting up demons inside a tree and luring a lot of monsters to it. Pretty nice solution, if you ask me.

Wiz: The many souls sealed inside the tree gave it self-awareness and a humanoid form, a being as evil as all the souls in it. This gave birth to the being we know as Exdeath.

Boomstick: Exdeath possessed immeasurable power. He was capable of wiping out ENTIRE CITIES with his Void powers...and that's not even half of all he's got up his sleeve!

Wiz: Due to his evergrowing malice and power, Exdeath was sealed using the power of the crystals. But the seal would not last long as Exdeath began to free himself and shatter the crystals one by one. Exdeath was released at long last when the Earth Crystal was shattered.

Boomstick: And everyone knows that the lord of ultimate evil has to have a lot under his sleeve. Luckily Exdeath does! He displays proficiency in the art of spellcasting, able to shoot fire, ice, lightining, and even create FREAKING BLACK HOLES!

Wiz: And that's just Exdeath's base form. Speaking of which, despite what his hulking appearance would lead you to believe, Exdeath is extremely efficient at midair combat to compensate for his slowness on the ground, besides having the ability to teleport. And though he doesn't use it much, Exdeath is adept at wielding and using his sword, and can use Sword Dance to further amplify his sword attacks.

Boomstick: Exdeath can also telepathically control his sword, perfect for situations where you don't wanna risk your hide in close-quarters combat.

Wiz: Exdeath can shield himself with Hurricane, which...summons a hurricane around Exdeath to send approaching foes flying. Exdeath can also opt to attack from long range with Vacuum Wave, a powerful blast of light which ricochets off some walls.

Boomstick: He can also use Delta Attack, which shoots an Illuminati-style beam at his foes. His Grand Cross attack can trap his foe and pelt him with beams from four different angles! Plus it can inflict a random status effect.

Wiz: But Exdeath's ultimate attack in base form is Almagest, which severely damages foes with holy damage.

Boomstick: But when Exdeath chooses to go all out, he transforms into his tree form, boosting his power tenfold. That's why we must save the trees, kids! We never know if one of them is a container for demons.

Wiz: Exdeath gains access to very powerful attacks and boosted versions of his regular moves. But the most devastating attack Exdeath possesses is the Neo Almagest, which destroys his foes and hurls them to the Void.

Boomstick: Exdeath's slow, but he compensates with his ability to spam his teleport ability. He can also conjure magical barriers to defend himself and strike back with a devastating counter! Question, Wizard: If Exdeath is so heavy, how come he can move fast IN MIDAIR?

Wiz: Magic, I guess...? Regardless, Exdeath has accomplished some impressive feats due to his mastery over the Void. He can wipe out entire cities, can possess people, and has even fought and defeated Galuf in single combat.

Boomstick: Yeah, and Exdeath is so powerful that it took four people to bring him down. And even Bartz and friends had a hard time cutting this warlock down to size! Kudos to all who wasted 50 elixirs fighting this guy.

Wiz: However, despite his unmatched power, Exdeath is not perfect. He is often so cocky, underestimating his opponents in every turn...until they manage to kill him. Exdeath isn't immortal, either, but the only way to kill him is by turning the Void against him.

Boomstick: And we mentioned this before, but Exdeath walks F*CKING SLOW on the ground. If a fast guy manages to slip through his guard, he's in serious trouble. But if you have the power to erase everything out of existence, why not get a little cocky?

Wiz: Despite his conceivable flaws, Exdeath is a hundred times more than just a force to be reckoned with.

Exdeath: Embrace the stillness of eternity.

Exdeath commences Neo Almagest, and Yuna is devoured by the Void.

Yuna: Please, don't let it end...

The attack finishes, and none is left save for Exdeath, standing tall.

Exdeath: Know the power of the Void!

*~*~*~*

Wiz: All right, the combatants are set. Let's end this debate once and for all! We have General Esdeath, the Empire's strongest, and Exdeath, the master of the Void.

Boomstick: It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

BATTLE

(Setting: Outside Castle Exdeath, Night)

It was just a day ago when the Empire was assigned to seek out a power. The Empire would be unmatched once they procured this, and Night Raid would just be nothing more than an ant to crush under the Empire's heel.

A blue-haired woman led her troops towards a castle, where the power was said to have been converging. The woman, a high-ranking military official, then ordered her troops to spread out and storm the castle, and slay any who would get in their way.

Once she was alone once more, a figure suddenly appeared in front of her. It was dressed in sky-blue armor, the siht of which could have been intimidating. The general, however, did not flinch, grinning wickedly instead.

"I assume you are the leader of the ones who stormed my castle," the armored figure began, his sword pointed at the ground.

The general cocked her head to the side. "What's it to you?"

At this, the warlock suddenly cackled, his laughter piercing the night. "I'm afraid that the object of your search is not here. Besides, I've already began to throw your pitiful 'army' to the Void the moment they set foot into my castle."

The general clenched her teeth, and bent into a battle stance. "Move aside," she demanded. "I might give you...slightly less pain if you do."

"Quite the sadistic soul, aren't we?" snapped the warlock. Suddenly he held his sword aloft. "The power of the Void is mine and mine alone. In fact, I just decided it best to send you there first!"

The general laughed. "We'll see about that," she replied. "And we'll see who's the more powerful one once I get you to your knees, writhing in absolute pain."

The warlock charged his free hand with electricity. "Very well. Then drown in the Void!"

FIGHT!

Exdeath made the lightning in his hand manifest as a violent ball of Thundaga magic, hurling it at Esdeath. The general responded by forming a spike of ice and launching it at Exdeath. The electricity coursed harmlessly past the projectile and continued its violent advance, and just as Exdeath conjured a red barrier and shattered the spike to bits, Esdeath arced herself backwards, the ball of lightning whizzing harmlessly past her face. Esdeath then rushed in, drawing her rapier and unloading simultaneous slashes, Exdeath telekinetically raising his own blade to seamlessly parry the strikes. Exdeath then raised his free hand as it glowed, and a gigantic slab of ice fell down upon Esdeath. The general formed a smug smirk as she looked up at the slab of Blizzaga magic, and backflipped away, intentionally letting her feet crunch against the warlock's breastplate. However, Exdeath did not stagger, but he snarled as Esdeath suddenly telekinetically caught the slab and hurled it at the warlock. Exdeath was forced to obliterate the Blizzaga chunk by casting Firaga, but out of the ensuing mist Esdeath emerged, and Exdeath was barely able to raise his blade telepathically and defend against the general's attempted attack. Esdeath leapt back, still wearing that smirk.

"You know, you should really think twice before attacking me with ice," gibed Esdeath.

Exdeath held his sword aloft. "I should thank you for that advice," he said before charging his free hand with radiant energy. "Now we shall see how you handle this!"

Exdeath unleashed the energy as a bright ball of light. Esdeath conjured a mighty wall of ice in response, and the Vacuum Wave attack bounced off the wall and launched upwards before it dispersed. Esdeath then summoned five ice spikes and attacked Exdeath with them without a moment's hesitation. Exdeath suddenly disappeared, a ring appearing below where he once stood. Esdeath braced herself as the ring zoomed closer to her until Exdeath reappeared, his sword raised overhead. Within a hair's second, Esdeath conjured a sword made of ice as Exdeath unleashed a powerful swing, and while it did not survive the blow, it was enough to buy Esdeath time to jump back and retreat to the forest. Exdeath leapt and dashed towards the nearest tree, and upon catching sight of the general, he raised both of his arms, his sword spinning as a shield appeared. The shield glowed brighter until Exdeath muttered, "Death approaches."

A large beam burst forth from the shield, obliterating the tree that Esdeath had supposedly made her hiding spot. Out of the cloud of dust produced by the Delta Attack, Esdeath suddenly appeared, and quick as a blur, she created a great horn of ice. The giant horn hurtled towards Exdeath, threatening to skewer him, and the warlock reacted by unloading a vertical swing from the bottom, slicing the horn clean in two. Esdeath noted the slight aura around Exdeath's sword as she formed pieces of armor around her wrists and ankles, and suddenly floated, zooming towards Exdeath and unleashing a flurry of sword strikes. Exdeath raised his sword telekinetically and attempted to halt Esdeath's advance, dueling her in midair. However, at the last second Esdeath formed a protective case of ice around her arm and let it absorb the full force of the blow. The casing shattered, but left the general unscathed nonetheless. The two floating warriors stared each other down until Exdeath raised his glowing right hand. Esdeath reacted quickly by uttering, "Grauhorn!", and out of thin air, a mist suddenly appeared and solidified as a giant horn that Esdeath sent sailing towards Exdeath. The warlock wasted no time and unleashed his own spell, and a sphere of energy enveloped the horn and exploded outwards. The Flare spell obliterated the horn, and sent Esdeath falling back toward the forest. Exdeath disappeared once more, and the speeding ring zoomed towards the falling general, who encased her wrists and ankles once more with ice. Exdeath, however, had reappeared too fast, and let loose a black cloud that began to expand and suck in the leaves of the trees below. Esdeath tried with all her might to evade the black hole, but the entity proved stronger, pulling the general further in and slowly shattering the ice she just formed to be able to fly. Without thinking, Esdeath suddenly shot her right palm forwards before falling back to the earth, a spike of ice materializing, passing above the black hole, and careening towards Exdeath. The warlock encased himself in a sphere of golden energy, causing the black hole to compress and disappear, and immediately flicked his arm, conjuring a large fireball. The Firaga spell crackled as it made its fiery descent towards the earth, Esdeath defending herself by creating a mighty dome of ice. The Firaga spell exploded violently as it made contact with the dome, obliterating the structure. Esdeath drew her rapier, squinting through the dust to find Exdeath plummeting towards her, sword raised overhead. Esdeath used all her might to absorb the blow, and their blades were locked for a moment. Suddenly, Esdeath smirked and made manifest an ice sword, swinging it without warning at Exdeath's elbow. The warlock hissed as he forcibly broke free of the struggle.

"I have to admit, you're strong," remarked Esdeath. "Tell me, that strength...can you use it further?"

Exdeath snarled, clutching his elbow. "I'm afraid that does not concern you at present," he retorted, preparing to cast Thundaga once more.

"That defiance is admirable. Now let's see how much strength you have left!"

Exdeath unloaded the spell, the torrent of lightning streaming from his fingers and finding its way towards Esdeath. The general encased herself in an icy suit of armor and advanced, absorbing the full strength of Thundaga, and lifted her arm up as the attack ceased, yelling, "Hagelsprung!"

A dense ball of ice materialized above Exdeath, screaming downwards towards the warlock. Exdeath raised his left hand and suddenly, four glowing spheres surrounded Esdeath as Exdeath summoned a mighty hurricane to crush the chunk to bits. Exdeath closed his fist, and his Grand Cross attack commenced, pelting Esdeath with beams of white energy. The general hissed as the attack whittled away at and finally shattered her ice armor before the attack ceased.

"Naïve weakling!" boomed Exdeath. The second after, a sphere of darkness encased him and exploded outwards, unleashing a deadly wave of light. Within a hair's second, Esdeath ducked, but the Almagest attack singed her back, burning off some of her military outfit. The holy attack had also succeeded in tearing the surrounding trees right off their roots. Esdeath shot her gaze upwards to find Exdeath in front of her, prepared to bring his blade down on the general and finish it. Esdeath knew that evading would be foolish, considering her state: The Almagest had burned her back severely, and the pain would slow her down. Blocking would be useless as well, considering the aura around Exdeath's sword. Esdeath decided to close her eyes as she uttered, "Mahapadma."

Everything froze. Exdeath, the fleeing birds, the smoke. Only Esdeath could move. Gripping her rapier, Esdeath said, "You were a worthy foe, but I believe I've had too much fun."

Esdeath then proceeded to violently swing her rapier at Exdeath's elbows, wrist, and back, and with all her might drove her weapon into the warlock's chest. Esdeath then conjured ice spikes again and stabbed them at the warlock's feet. As she turned to leave her opponent, time flowed once more, and Esdeath felt a terrible glee form inside of her as she heard Exdeath yelling in agony.

"I was wrong about you," said the general. "It turns out you are weaker than I am. I could have given you more pain, but it seems you're in too much already."

As she walked further out of the destroyed forest, she continued, "Know this: The weak will always be weeded out. The strong will always survive. You were no more than an ant to crush under my boot. I suppose I should give you my mercy now."

At this, Exdeath suddenly laughed maniacally, his laughter rattling the night. "You understand nothing, General," huffed the warlock as he began to glow in an ominous aura, his sky blue armor turning dark blue. "Weakness and strength are naught but mere variables."

What appeared to be branches suddenly appeared on Exdeath's armor as he boomed, "In the end, the weak...and even the strong...shall sink into the Void!"

Esdeath braced herself as the transformed Exdeath came upon her, tossing her rapier aside as he raised his arm and performed Grand Cross once more, declaring, "Supreme power!"

This new Grand Cross struck at a considerably higher magnitude than the former, and Esdeath screamed at the attack pelted her from four directions. When the attack stopped, Esdeath raised a pained hand and said, "Weissschabel!"

Three large ice spikes materialized and hurtled towards Exdeath, the latter shattering them with Delta Attack. Exdeath then performed Almagest once more, the attack now striking at all directions. Esdeath yelled in pain as the attack struck her head on, and she fell to her knees. However, she had only touched the ground for a second when Exdeath lifted her off the air telekinetically and clapped his hands together, uttering, "This...is the stillness of eternity."

Esdeath barely had time to register the attack as she suddenly felt herself inching closer to death. The Neo Almagest was vaporizing her slowly. Slowly, Esdeath's limbs lay limp before disappearing completely along with the rest of her body. As the hole to the Void had swallowed Esdeath, Exdeath put his hands down and with a flash of light, reverted to his sky blue form. He cackled maniacally, managing to utter, "Strong as you are, General, it shall all be meaningless in the Void."

KO!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Boomstick: That...sucked.

Wiz: This may seem like a close fight, but in actuality, this was a very, if not totally, one-sided fight. While Esdeath held the speed advantage, Exdeath just trumped her everywhere else.

Boomstick: Because how do you expect an ice queen to hold up against a guy who can just ERASE THE UNIVERSE FROM EXISTENCE?

Wiz: Esdeath's ice attacks did have a lot of power behind them, but while they were powerful enough to hurt Exdeath if given the chance, they could not actually kill him. Exdeath is specifically vulnerable to holy attacks, and even so, he can take punishment from them.

Boomstick: Esdeath's knowledge of the human anatomy didn't help either, because Exdeath is literally composed of many demons that were shut up inside a tree! Besides, he could just regenerate from Esdeath's blows.

Wiz: Not only that, but Exdeath has plenty of different ways to finish Esdeath. With his unlimited pool of magic, he not only could batter Esdeath into submission, he was capable of destroying Esdeath's body and sending it to the Void.

Boomstick: Even the Mahapadma was completely useless! Yeah, it DID let Esdeath put the hurt on Exdeath big-time, it couldn't provide our sadistic general with a way to turn the Void against Exdeath.

Wiz: Esdeath's experience, speed, and control over ice was just trumped by Exdeath's nigh-unlimited pool of magic, various attack options, and control over the Void.

Boomstick: Esdeath sure couldn't aVOID her loss. Esdeath's chances of winning were null and VOID.

Wiz: I really wish I didn't help you out...The winner is Exdeath.

****

Winner: EXDEATH

+ More magically powerful

+ Arsenal is way, way more diverse

+ Could not be killed by any of Esdeath's attacks

+ Power over the Void is insane

- Slow

Loser: ESDEATH

- Speed was the only advntage she had, really

- Her ice hax couldn't really take Exdeath out of the fight

- Still only human

- Even Makahadoma/Mahapadma was useless

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Next Time on Death Battle:

A man in a suit of cybernetic armor amputates Luke Skywalker...

VS

A man dressed in ceremonial armor fires off a bolt of electricity at Link, paralyzing the swordsman.

****

A/N: Personally, this fight tastes really, really, REALLY bitter in my mouth. And before you ask, Exdeath's tree form in the fight is his EX Mode in Dissidia.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 4.3K 92
The last Saiyan, (y/n), only wants one thing in life: To fight, and defeat, only the strongest of opponents. When his search to fight the strongest l...
346K 10.7K 59
Love, love, love, love who? "... That one person." Who is that person? Tell me who? "The one whose destiny entangled with mine to the point of exist...
168K 3.8K 63
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad