DEATH BATTLE

By NathanTheManTheMHFan

Two will enter. Only one will leave alive. Iconic characters from movies, games, TV, books, and lore will be... More

DEATH BATTLE
Episode 1: Cloud Strife vs Mikasa Ackerman
Episode 3: Charizard vs Rathalos
Episode 4: Guts vs Batman
Episode 5: Blake Belladonna vs Deathstroke
Episode 6: General Esdeath vs Exdeath
Episode 7: Darth Vader vs Ganondorf
Episode 8: Deviljho vs Indominus Rex
Episode 9: Dante vs Raiden
Episode 10: Regret vs Sora
Episode 11: The Doctor vs Sakuya Izayoi
Episode 12: Vergil vs Sephiroth (Season 1 Finale)
Episode 13: Crash Bandicoot vs Spyro the Dragon (Season 2 Premiere)
Episode 14: Alex Russo vs Terra Branford
Episode 15: Captain James Hook vs Captain Jack Sparrow
Episode 16: Ragna the Bloodedge vs Kamui Tokinomiya
Episode 17: Mai Shiranui vs Tifa Lockhart
Episode 18: Sam Fisher vs Ezio Auditore
Episode 19: Dante vs Raiden: REMASTERED!
Season 1 Death Battle Trivia
Episode 20: Goliath vs Eren Yeager
Episode 21: Brachydios vs Yang Xiao Long
Episode 22: Queen Elsa vs Jack Frost
Episode 23: Tris Prior vs Katniss Everdeen
Special DBX Chapter
Episode 24: Jotaro Kujo vs Yu Narukami (Season 2 Finale)
Season 2 Battle Royale: Losers Edition
Season 2 Battle Royale: Winners Edition
Season 2 Death Battle Trivia
Episode 25: Edge Master vs Shirou Emiya (Season 3 Premiere)
Episode 26: General Esdeath vs Jin Kisaragi
Episode 27: Red vs Yuna
Episode 28: The Nostalgia Critic vs The Angry Video Game Nerd
Alright
Match Replacement
Announcement
Final Battle Trailer
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - Pre-Battle Analysis
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 1 of 2
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 2 of 2

Episode 2: The Lich King vs Nightmare

1.4K 11 5
By NathanTheManTheMHFan

World of Warcraft versus Soulcalibur! It's ice versus fire with these two wielders of cursed swords! Will Frostmourne shatter Soul Edge, or will the Evil Sword set the Lich King aflame?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: Cursed blades. These artifacts wield and give their wielders tremendous power, but the toll they take on their wielders is equally tremendous: their souls.

Boomstick: But they eat other souls and make you a badass nonetheless! Like Arthas Menethil, the Lich King.

Wiz: And Nightmare, the symbol of destruction.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick!

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

THE LICH KING

Wiz: Long ago, in the world known as Azeroth, a demonic threat known as the Burning Legion existed. They wished to conquer the world, but to do this, they had to create a weapon, a force that, when in the hands of the right wielder, would eradicate any who the Legion would deem a threat.

Boomstick: It was called Frostmourne, and it was really freaking cool! Ha, get it? Cool?

Wiz: Suuuurrrreeee, why not? Frostmourne was made, along with a suit of armor, to contain Ner'zhul, the current Lich King. However, not wanting to be a pawn of the Legion, Ner'zhul devised a plan to escape. He thrust Frostmourne into the ice, and waited for whoever would take it up.

Boomstick: And who would be a better host than the freaking pretty boy? Ner'zhul saw potential in said pretty boy and chose him to be his agent to exact revenge on his creators.

Wiz: The potential agent for the Lich King was known as Arthas Menethil, the crown prince of Lordaeron who was on a quest to stop an undead plague. Hungering for vengeance against the undead for destroying most of his homeland, Arthas sought out Frostmourne.

Boomstick: Theeeeen he found it and killed all the zombies. Aaaand then he killed his own army and turned them into undead. AND THEN he went back to the homeland he wanted to avenge and killed everyone in there, including his father. Seriously, what the f*ck is with this sword?

Wiz: Actually, the moment Arthas made contact with Frostmourne, his soul was claimed by the blade, effectively making him Ner'zhul's agent. Losing his sanity, Arthas returned to Lordaeron and let the Undead Scourge loose throughout the land with his blade. For a time, Arthas served the Lich King's will...

Boomstick: Uuuuntil he became the new Lich King and he killed the old Lich King and killed a kid who tried to stop him from being the Lich King. Seriously, EVEN IN HIS FREAKING DREAMS THIS GUY IS INSANE.

Wiz: Becoming the new Lich King and the dominant personality of him, Arthas sat himself on the Frozen Throne and remained dormant, and would later awaken and take up his blade when lust for power came upon him.

Boomstick: Speaking of blades, his sword is called Frostmourne, if you didn't know already. It'll suck the soul put of you...literally. I mean, it can absorb souls! It can even cut through other weapons like a lightsaber. Oh, and did I mention it could cut through F*CKING BUILDINGS?

Wiz: It can also be implied that Frostmourne exists on both the physical and astral planes of existence, as it is capable of harming any supernatural being.

Boomstick: Even ghoooooosts.

Wiz: With Frostmourne in hand, the Lich King can use Soul Harvest, a move that drains its target's soul in order to heal the wielder. The blade is also a threat close-range, since it can drain the opponent's life each time it hits, and can even drain the opponent's soul upon impact.

Boomstick: But what's a badass villain without an ultimate attack? The Lich King can use the Fury of Frostmourne, a move so powerful it one-shotted 25 HEROES in a single use.

Wiz: The Lich King also wears dark armor: the Helm of Domination, which allows him to command undead, and the Plate of the Damned, which greatly increases defense.

Boomstick: The Lich King also has control over ice. If you hate the cold, stay out of Northrend.

Wiz: Even before he became the Lich King, Arthas was already extremely powerful. He might have lost his sanity, but he didn't lose his swordsmanship. He was capable of defeating some of Lordaeron's greatest heroes with minimal effort, fighting and defeating his former mentor, and even defeated the demon Illidan.

Boomstick: His ascension to the title of Lich King granted him a further boost in power. He can raise F*CKING DRAGONS into undeath, freeze people, and predict his opponent's moves.

Wiz: I'm not really sure about the last one, considering the only feat the Lich King has achieved that's related to it is striking down an orc champion that attacked him up front before said orc could land a hit. However, the Lich King is a force to be reckoned with, what with the many kills under his belt.

Boomstick: Seriously, what can put this guy down?

Wiz: However, in actuality the Lich King is not immortal. He is bound to his sword, as it still contains his soul, and when the blade was shattered by another runeblade known as Ashbringer, the heroes that he killed and were revived for some reason ganged up on him. Frostmourne can be broken, and as a result, the Lich King is weakened.

Boomstick: Buuut since there are so few weapons like Ashbringer in the Warcraft universe, I highly doubt anyone can break Frostmourne. And the Lich King reeeally loves that sword. He's not gonna let anyone break it.

Wiz: Lastly, the Lich King takes great interest in his opponents, and usually tests them or goads them to fight at their best. Which is risky, because some foes can usually overwhelm the Lich King with their full power. However, no matter the situation, few can match the vile duo of the Lich King and Frostmourne.

The Helm of Domination clatters to the floor. Arthas leans, picks it up, and wears it over his head, and it begins to glow violently.

Ner'zhul and Arthas: Now...we are one!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

NIGHTMARE

Wiz: Long, long ago, transcending history and the world, a large blade was forged, designed to be the most effective weapon in the battlefield.

Boomstick: It was called Soul Edge, and it was a BEAST! Gigantic, powerful...sexy.

Wiz: At six feet tall, no ordinary man could wield it, but those who could proved unstoppable. After countless victories and being drowned in the blood and hatred of countless foes, the sword gained a soul of its own, a fiery being known as Inferno.

Boomstick: Literally! It's a demon made of FREAKING FIRE!

Wiz: The demon Inferno had one purpose: to infect the world with malice and chaos. However, to do this, he needed to find a vessel, someone who he could use to further his goals and was capable of wielding the immense power of Soul Edge. He planned to possess this warrior and turn him into the azure-clad knight of the dark, Nightmare.

Boomstick: He found his first vessel in a pirate named Cervantes, who found the blade in an English galleon. He then decided to have Cervantes kill off the entire population of a Spanish port town. Talk about a test drive!

Wiz: Powerful as he was, Cervantes was not the ideal vessel Inferno had sought.

Boomstick: Yeah, Inferno didn't want some old dude to pick up his precious eyeball sword. So he made Cervantes sit in that town until two chicks showed up, killed his ass, and somebody more powerful picked up the sword.

Wiz: That someone was a knight named Siegfried, and this was the body Inferno was looking for. Once Siegfried touched Soul Edge's hilt, Inferno immediately spread the Evil Seed around the world and began eating away at Siegfried's soul, torturing him endlessly and feeding on his fear and anger, and transforming him into Nightmare.

Boomstick: Nightmare was strong enough to conquer all of Europe, cutting down armies like my ex-wife in an all-you-can-eat buffet. If you haven't figured it out by now, Soul Edge is kinda like the Ring from Lord of the Rings...if it could cut people and hungered for souls!

Wiz: However, Soul Edge's power was incomplete. At some point it had been broken, and shards of the cursed blade were scattered across the world. Nightmare thus set off to find the lost pieces of his sword and repair it.

Boomstick: As Nightmare discovered each shard, the power of Soul Edge grew, and so did Nightmare's. He can fight with numerous stances, channel fire and lightning through Soul Edge, teleport...and even do this sh*t.

Nightmare: Watch this!

Nightmare unleashes a wave of violent energy, ensnaring all the knights in the area and sapping their souls.

Wiz: Despite Nightmare's evergrowing power, Siegfried constantly battled to free himself from him, and eventually he succeeded. Siegfried then fought Nightmare atop Ostrheinsburg Castle, but Soul Edge had grown so powerful, it obliterated the entire structure with just one swing.

Boomstick: Just like a crazy ex-girlfriend, he figured if he couldn't have that body, no one could.

Wiz: Soul Edge cannot be broken by a normal blade. In fact, only one weapon has ever been able to harm it: a supposedly holy blade called Soul Calibur. Unknown to most, Soul Calibur is actually the final shard of Soul Edge, purified and reforged into a second sword made specifically to combat its demon counterpart.

Boomstick: But if Nightmare manages to absorb that final shard, Soul Edge and Nightmare will merge into their ultimate form: Night Terror, a larger, deadlier, faster, FLY-IER Nightmare.

Wiz: Fly-ier?

Boomstick: Yeah, when one gains the power of flying-ness? Duh. Anyway, Night Terror is a night terror indeed. He can fly, shoot lasers, and move faster than the eye can see. And if he kills you...there's no coming back. You see, he can completely destroy someone's soul.

Wiz: Nightmare has come close to conquering the world at numerous occasions, yet every time, a warrior wielding Soul Calibur always holds him at bay. While Soul Edge seems indestructible...

Boomstick: ...apart from that pesky holy sword...

Wiz: ...Inferno does require a mortal body who can wield Soul Edge to create Nightmare. But should Nightmare fall, Inferno can risk his own life by manifesting himself to protect Soul Edge, since his very existence is tied to the sword.

Boomstick: But despite of this, Nightmare's still one of the most powerful crazed dudes with armor and cursed blades ever. Get in his way in ANYTHING...and you'll wish you'd never been born.

Nightmare: Become a part of my darkness!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: All right, the combatants are set. Let's end this debate once and for all! We have the Lich King, the wielder of Frostmourne; and Nightmare, the wielder of Soul Edge.

Boomstick: It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

BATTLE

(Setting: Foot of the Frozen Throne)

A man, dressed in a ghastly suit of armor, stirred from his sleep on his icy seat. Sensing something amiss, the man rose, freed his blade from the icy floor, and began down the long, spiraling path. As he trudged, he could sense the evil growing more apparent. When he had reached the bottom, the sword in his hand suddenly hummed, its runes glowing eerily.

Frostmourne hungers...

Stepping out of the citadel, the man finally saw the evil unfold before his eyes: a blue-armored figure, effortlessly felling skeletons, spiders, and undead drakes alike with his gargantuan blood-red blade. The figure brought his blade down on a necromancer that attempted to attack him with a spell, cutting the magician in half, skull to groin. When at last the undead forces in the area had been all but vanquished, the figure's heated gaze found the crowned man and bore into him. However, the man did not flinch.

The man took careful steps forward. "So, you're the one who'd decimated almost my entire army," he said to the figure. "I expected someone a little less...demonic."

The figure, apparently riled by this, strode forward and stopped as soon as he was inches away from the crowned man. "Soul Edge hungers," he growled. While any normal person would have tucked tail and run, the crowned man remained standing. He did not even flinch.

"It hungers for souls," the armored figure continued. "But your army is pathetic. Not only do they fall quickly, but they yield no souls!"

The figure then spread his legs apart, his large right hand pointing at the crowned man. "Soul Edge whispers," he said. "It tells me to strike you down to see if you have a soul."

Underneath his helm, the white-haired man formed a savage smirk, raising his runeblade and pointing it at the armored figure. "Frostmourne is the only blade which can devour souls, demon," replied he. "Now leave and never return, and I might consider sparing you."

The armored figure laughed harshly at him, the energy on his midriff glowing harder. He then assumed a fighting stance. "I will cut you down to size!" he shrieked. "But before that, I shall make you drown in pain!"

"So be it," replied the crowned man. "Let it commence."

"Tremble in my darkness!" replied the figure.

FIGHT!

Nightmare struck first, his massive blade connecting with the Lich King's. For a moment, the blades locked until the Lich King freed his right hand from Frostmourne's hilt and fired off an ice projectile. Nightmare reacted fast and sliced the bolt clean in half. The Lich King rushed in with an assault of his own, trying and failing to break Nightmare's staunch guard. The Lich King attempted an overhead blow, but Nightmare jumped back, avoiding the strike. The attack split a rock in two. Snarling, the Lich King slashed forwards as soon as he caught sight of his target, but Nightmare jumped aside, and sent his mighty right fist careening towards the ruler of the Scourge. The Lich King teetered back, and as soon as he recovered, attempted another overhead slash. Nightmare, however, was too quick. His Soul Edge charged with electricity, he launched the Lich King skyward. Nightmare then raised Soul Edge, its eyeball glowing violently, and unleashed a shockwave of pure, raw energy. The attack hit the Lich King full force and sent him plummeting towards a rock. Using Frostmourne as support, the Lich King picked himself up, and heaved his runeblade. Nightmare found him, and with a ferocious growl, brought Soul Edge down on his foe. The Lich King was quick to parry with his sword, and Frostmourne and Soul Edge sang as soon as they clashed. Nightmare and the Lich King dueled, the Lich King easily gaining an advantage over Nightmare and forcing the knight back. Behind his crown, the Lich King smirked. Not as powerful as I thought. But I think I'll have to wait for him to unleash his true power. That will make this squabble...entertaining, at least.

Having formulated an idea, the Lich King retreated. Ignoring Nightmare's exclamation of "Weakling!" the Lich King pointed Frostmourne at Nightmare, its runes humming. "Your soul is mine!" the Lich King declared. He then felt a surge of strength as his Harvest Soul came in contact with Nightmare. Snarling, Nightmare charged and struck out, his blade cloaked in flames. The force of the blow was so great that the Lich King staggered, Frostmourne flying out of his grip. As the Lich King dove to gather his blade, Nightmare brought Soul Edge on the ground, declaring "Watch this!"

A wave of corrupted energy burst forth from Soul Edge, hitting the Lich King just as he had retrieved Frostmourne. Quite suddenly, the Lich King felt drained, and Frostmourne's runes began to dim. Nightmare took up his blade and closed in.

My souls have been taken from me, whispered Frostmourne. I am weakened.

The Lich King drew his free hand back, green energy gathering around it. Time seemed to slow as Nightmare brought a flame-cloaked Soul Edge down on the Lich King. Wasting no time, the ruler of the Scourge let the energy loose, bellowing "Die!" The energy seemed to coil around Nightmare's face, threatening to crush his head. This was enough to cause Nightmare to stop and drop to his knees, hissing in agony. The Lich King raised Frostmourne and brought it down on Nightmare...

The Lich King was thrown backwards as a fiery wave suddenly emanated from Nightmare, causing the energy wrapping his face to dissipate. When the Lich King recovered, he saw that Nightmare himself had completely changed form: his blue armor had transformed into a blood-red one; large, fiery wings were protruding from his back; a whiplike tail was extending from his back; and he had grown larger. Nightmare was Nightmare no longer.

He was Night Terror.

Night Terror suddenly darted forward before the Lich King could barely register it. The Lich King had barely raised his blade to defend when it flew out of his grasp, and with inhuman speed, Night Terror ran him through. The Lich King winced as pain wracked his entire body.

"Burn!" declared Night Terror.

A wave of flames suddenly burst from Soul Edge, and the Lich King screamed in pain as the attack launched him and caused him to crash sickeningly against a rock. Night Terror was immediately on him, and the Lich King braced himself as flame gathered once more around Soul Edge.

"Face the terror of the night!" roared Night Terror.

Then, as if it had a mind of its own, the Lich King's free palm shot forwards, launching blocks of ice. Night Terror raised a flaming pillar to defend himself from the blasts. Seeing his chance, the Lich King propelled himself forth, tearing through the fiery wall, and slashed forwards. There was, however, no Night Terror.

The hulking monster suddenly appeared in front of the Lich King, gashing him with the lightning-cloaked Soul Edge. The Lich King screamed, dropping Frostmourne as electricity coursed through his limbs. With labored breaths, the ruler of the Scourge looked up to see Night Terror towering over him, his wings spread afar and his large blade wrapped in flames. Suddenly, Frostmourne spoke, albeit only to the Lich King.

That blade steals souls, much like I do. Take them back.

The Lich King decided on a gamble: regain his strength or die trying. Roaring, Night Terror brought his blade down. Suddenly, the Lich King held his arm out, as if for mercy. Then, Night Terror stopped in his tracks, his knees buckling. With a cruel smirk, the Lich King picked up Frostmourne and continued his Harvest Soul, being increasingly satisfied as his strength returned to him.

The Lich King had no time to react as a large beam shot from Night Terror's eyes, and he screamed as the energy knocked him away. The Lich King crashed down, his armor crumpling. With a pained grunt, the Lich King heaved Frostmourne and attempted another Harvest Soul, only for another laser beam to strike him square in the chest. Night Terror then flew upwards as the Lich King regained himself and struck, and he dove down before the Lich King could strike again. Soul Edge cut into the Lich King's abdomen, and the ruler doubled over, in pain. However, as soon as Night Terror brought his blade down to finish the fight, the Lich King brought Frostmourne up in the swiftest of movements, successfully parrying the blow. The Lich King then fired off a barrage of ice projectiles, which Night Terror defended against with Soul Edge. Then, the Lich King attacked with Death Coil once more, causing the distracted Night Terror to choke.

"I have toyed with you for long enough," the Lich King declared as Frostmourne's runes began to glow violently. "But now I'm afraid...it's time I unleashed...the fury of Frostmourne!"

Just as he had said the last word, the light in the runes exploded outward in a corrupted wave of energy. The Lich King watched with relish as the attack slowly vaporized Night Terror, and the beast's cries were being muffled by the explosion. Soon enough, none was left of Night Terror but the blade that had once belonged to him, Soul Edge. The Lich King sighed, part in relief and part in disappointment, as he turned his back on the greatsword and began walking away.

"You would have made a fine general for my army," sighed the ruler of the Scourge. "You had a lot of power. Too bad I destroyed your husk."

Beneath his helm, the Lich King's eyes shot open as a burning pain hit him in the back. The entire foot of Icecrown Glacier had been set aflame, and Soul Edge suddenly rose up, as if it had a will of its own. Suddenly, a skeletal being, wrapped in flames, emerged from Soul Edge itself, and took up the blade. Squinting through the flames, the Lich King trudged forward, even as the ice shards around Frostmourne began to melt in the demonic fire and the flame further wracked his body with pain.

"What...what is this?" questioned the Lich King.

"Darkness will consume everything!" declared the fiery being, Inferno.

The Lich King raised Frostmourne as Inferno closed in on him. However, as soon as Frostmourne and Soul Edge met, the Lich King's eyes widened as Frostmourne shattered into a million pieces, the souls within it suddenly flying around the Lich King and suspending him in midair. The Lich King's expression turned into one of fear as Inferno closed in. The Lich King had wanted to find out for himself the full extent of Nightmare's power, and now he had seen it. And now he was about to pay the price.

"S...stop...!" stammered the Lich King. "We can rule Azeroth...together...as long as you join forces with me!"

The plea fell on deaf ears. Inferno continued forward, his every step melting the snow beneath him.

The Lich King tried one, last time, every bit of his voice fearful. "M-Mercy..."

Without a word, Inferno slashed Soul Edge upwards, fully bisecting the Lich King from groin to skull, severing even his armor in two. The souls holding the Lich King released the Lich King's two halves, but they were devoured by Soul Edge before they could escape. Finally, Inferno decided to return to Soul Edge, and as he did so and the blade embedded itself near the two halves of the Lich King's body, the flames died down.

Inferno suppressed a sigh. He needed a new Nightmare. Now he had to wait until some gullible sod decided to pick up Soul Edge.

KO!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Boomstick: Oh, damn! Here comes the WoW fanboy rage!

Wiz: In terms of weaponry, the Lich King and Nightmare did have a close fight. Since Inferno is technically Soul Edge's soul, Frostmourne was able to weaken the Evil Sword to a degree, and the Lich King himself had the potential to easily decimate Nightmare at base form. However, when Nightmare turned into Night Terror...the Lich King's fate was sealed.

Boomstick: Yeah. The Lich King was faster, but when you're fighting a demon who wields one of the most powerful swords ever, can shoot huge lasers, and can strike way stronger than you, there's not really much you can do.

Wiz: However, the Lich King and Frostmourne were in no means useless. The combined power of Frostmourne and Harvest Soul could weaken Soul Edge's powers by continually attacking Soul Edge, and the Fury of Frostmourne was more than enough to destroy Night Terror's body. However, the Lich King's downfall was really due to his nature. He does not underestimate his opponents and takes great interest in them, and usually goads or waits for them to fight at their best, so in this case, the Lich King wasn't able--or didn't want--to put down Nightmare before the latter could transform into Night Terror.

Boomstick: Yeah, and while he's not an underestimating dude, but when he's near victory, he doesn't expect the worst. Kinda like, you know, EVERY VILLAIN EVER? Like that one time he was so close to pulling off his master plan that he didn't count on Tirion freeing himself and breaking his sword.

Wiz: Speaking of breaking swords...While it can be argued that Frostmourne could break Soul Edge, Soul Edge has traded blows with Soul Calibur time and time again. And Frostmourne was not unbreakable. As we've mentioned before, Frostmourne has been broken by Ashbringer, which was a runeblade.

Boomstick: "But Wizard! Soul Edge isn't a runeblade!"

Wiz: Ohohoho! That's true. However, Soul Edge exists on the astral plane. Since runeblades do, as well, there can be no question that Soul Edge could destroy Frostmourne, just as the latter had the capability to destroy the former. Plus, Frostmourne faced a great challenge in the fiery elven blade Felo'melorn. Since Soul Edge is also of a fiery origin, but a much stronger blade than Felo'melorn, it stands to reason that Frostmourne met its match.

Boomstick: The Lich King COULD just sit there and pummel Nightmare with Harvest Soul, but unfortunately, Nightmare don't play like that. Besides, could the Lich King even hope to calm down a F*CKING DEMON WHO'S BENT ON KILLING HIM just so he could batter him into submission?

Wiz: Lastly, since Frostmourne contains a slew of souls, it was a perfect target for Soul Wave. The decrease in the number of souls weakened the blade and made it more susceptible to being broken. The Lich King was just overwhelmed by Nightmare's strength, speed, and superior attacks.

Boomstick: The Lich King did his best, but in the end, he was burnt out.

Wiz: The winner is Nightmare.

Boomstick: (*psst* It's technically Inferno...)

****

Winner: NIGHTMARE

+ Stronger and quicker

+ Fire countered Lich King's ice

+ Soul Wave weakened Frostmourne

- Body could not survive Fury of Frostmourne, so Inferno had to emerge

Loser: THE LICH KING

+ Frostmourne could weaken Soul Edge

+ Fury of Frostmourne destroyed Nightmare

+ Had the potential to dominate Nightmare's base form, if he hadn't waited for Nightmare to unleash his full potential

- Ice weak to Soul Edge's fire

- Frostmourne could be broken by Soul Edge

- The souls within Frostmourne turned on him once they were freed

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

NEXT TIME ON DEATH BATTLE:

A draconian creature traps Blue's Blastoise in a vortex of flames...

VS

A red wyvern blasts the platform beneath it and a Tigrex, causing the platform to tilt dangerously forward and causing the Tigrex to plummet to its doom.

****

A/N: Hey guys, TheMHFan here for my second Death Battle update. Sorry I haven't updated for so long, because, you know, RARE. IN. TER. NET. But anyway, enough about that. I've finished Season 1 and did an awful lot of research and proofreading, so I'm gonna publish the rest of the fights today. They are (after the next fight, which is Charizard vs Rathalos, and YES, they are in separate chapters):

The Black Swordsman versus The Caped Crusader

RWBY's Assassin versus DC's Assassin

Leader of the Jaegers versus Master of the Void

Commander of the 501st versus The Bearer of the Triforce of Power

Two Savage Dinosaurs Duke It Out

Demon Slayer versus Cyborg Slayer

Hero of the Holy Knights versus Bearer of the Key

The Oncoming Storm versus The Maid with Countless Knives

Aaaand the finale: The Son of Sparda versus The Son of Jenova

So stay tuned, guys, for Charizard vs. Rathalos, then the fights above! Peace out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 279 8
Love tranforms People... People change for love. What if Saru didn't leave Inder?Join Inder and Saru in their beautiful journey of finding true love...
208K 10.6K 90
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
311K 18.5K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
346K 10.7K 59
Love, love, love, love who? "... That one person." Who is that person? Tell me who? "The one whose destiny entangled with mine to the point of exist...