The Big Five

By Ferealbum

Excerpt: I laughed with my best friend. Joey had slipped by stepping on a puddle of water. He rubbed the back... More

CAST
1. The Big Five
2. Favors, Sleepovers, and Shopping
3. Hating Pickles and Hiding Nicole
4. Spill the beans and eat the Ice-cream
5. Mending Relationships....or Not
6. Flirting, Hating, and the Death Whistle
8. Overdue Books and Rainy Day Romances?
9. Cheater Cheater Lasagna Eater
10. Clumsy, nerdy, five-year-old artist
11. The Creep, the Jock, and the Quiet Girl
12. Onesies or Revealing Costumes
13. Halloween Dance Party
14. My hero is a cop
15. Happy Birthday, Joey
16. Die Twice, Live Twice
17. BFFs and the surprise guest
18. Big Brother's Mischief
19. Daddy Problems
20. The Flu
21. The Notebook
22. Stupid Fat Fingers and Exhausting Holidays
23. Curiosity killed the cat
24. Happy Holidays
25. Several Reasons Why
26. Chances
27. My Petty Problems
28. Besties
29. Darned Tripping Mechanism
30. Dances and Goodbye?
31. Confession
32. Emma's Valentine
33. End It
34. Dilemma
35. Make Up
36. No Problem
37. How to Relieve Stress
38. Final-ly
39. Closure
Epilogue

7. Fisher's Treat

255 18 3
By Ferealbum

Lunch! After running laps after laps and sweating enough to fill a bathtub, I took a cold shower and changed into bell-bottom jeans and a long-sleeved maroon shirt.

I walked with my two besties and sat at the lunch table. We talked about the usual. The Big Five and the latest slut.

"Nicole," I sighed when I heard Sophie call me. "Is it true that the Big Five are trying to get into your pants?"

"Yeah," I kept my answers short. I didn't have time for this. I had to study. Yeah. Call me a nerd. I never cared anyway.

"You'd better not think you're going to be at the center of attention. They only want you to get laid. Nothing else."

"I know. Can you leave now?"

"Besides, they are way out of your league. There is absolutely no reason that they would want you. They only want to sleep with you."

"I know," I sighed. "Now that you're done stating the obvious, can you leave?" I shooed her away. She just batted her eyelashes and acted offended.

"You're just acting cool. You aren't cool, you know. There are girls way prettier than you, so don't think this will last."

"I really hope it won't."

Sophie didn't know what else to say. What could you say to someone who agreed to everything you said? I was just too lazy to get mad and disagree. I didn't need a drama queen breathing down my neck.

So, without another word, Sophie swished her hair and walked away. She swayed her hips. I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"Drama queen," I muttered.

"Why don't you just take her down?" Emma asked. "She's so annoying and she's out to get you. This is counted as bullying."

"I really don't care about her enough to report her," I said, shrugging. "I just need to ignore or agree with her, then she'll leave. I don't even listen to her half the time."

Maggie laughed. "You're so lazy. Too lazy to care about the terrible things Sophie says. I like that. I like that a lot."

I grinned. "Why should I waste my energy to the likes of her when I have to take care of you guys? You guys would drain me if I paid any attention to her. And so would they."

My gaze landed on the Big Five. One was coming this way. Sam Fisher. The nice one.

Please don't come here, please don't come here, please please please.

He came here. I tried my best to ignore him, but I would have to say that Sam was my favorite from the bunch. There was no way I wanted the nicest guy to hate me.

"Hey," he said.

"Hi, Sam," I replied, not looking up.

He sat across from me. He didn't say anything else. He just stared at me. It was uncomfortable.

"Do you, uh, need something?" I asked.

"Maybe," he said smiling. He really did have a nice smile.

"What?"

"You?"

"No. I know what game you're playing."

"Why not? Don't you want your first to be hot?"

"No. People are staring. Can you go back?"

"It's not so bad."

"Girls are jealous. You know how they get when they're jealous." I shuddered. "Scary. Plain scary.

"I like the attention we're getting."

"Sam."

"Besides, being the center of attention is not so bad."

"Sam."

"And girls being jealous only proves what a good catch I am."

"Sam. You're so full of yourself."

"So, you want to hang out?"

"No. I want you to leave."

"This Saturday."

"I'm busy."

"Great! I'll pick you up at four."

"I'm busy."

"A movie, alright? I'll see you then."

"I'm--"

He left. I said I was busy. I needed to do my homework then. He didn't even listen to what I had to say. I said he was the nicest of the Big Five, not the nicest guy. He's still stuck up and knows he's hot.

I sighed. I glared at Maggie when I heard a laugh escape her.

"What?" I hissed. "Don't you know how annoying this is? The only reason I never slept with a boy is because I don't want to be considered a slut and because I'm too busy thinking about my future. I'm not gonna risk getting pregnant."

"There are things called condoms, idiot," Maggie rolled her eyes and giggled.

"They don't protect you 100% of the time. Maybe most of the time, but there's still a chance."

"Birth control?" Emma said.

"No. I'm not going to the pharmacy and getting that. It's gonna be so awkward."

"You're so stubborn, Nic."

"And I'm glad I am."

Maggie and Emma laughed. I smiled. I couldn't tell them the real reason. This one was okay to keep from them. It was personal and it hurt.

The reason I still had my virginity was because my dad left my mom for a slutty younger woman. I felt like if I slept around, I would be like that woman. I didn't tell anyone, though, and Joey was the only one who knew.

"So are you going to go with Sam on Saturday?" Emma asked.

The bell saved me from answering. As soon as it rang, I got my lunchbox and left the cafeteria. Next was World History. With Sam. Perfect. Just perfect.

****

The days went by and Saturday rolled around. As fate would have it, I had no homework at all. We had a major test in Chemistry, so Dr. Smith didn't give us any homework. Mrs. Williams didn't come to school so the sub let us work on our homework in class.

Mr. Wilson decided that Friday would be perfect to watch a video on our subject, which led to us having no homework, no homework in PE(of course), we rarely got homework on World History, AP Physics didn't give us any homework and our art project was due in class.

Having nothing else to do, I waited for Sam. I didn't dress up like the way most girls would on their first date. This wasn't my actual first date, but it was the first official one since watching a movie with my crush from my childhood and "hanging out" with Paul and his gang didn't count. I decided to go casual. I did say I was busy. It was Sam's loss for insisting. If he didn't like the way I dressed, then it was too bad.

I watched TV to kill time. I looked at the clock. 3:45. Fifteen minutes. I sighed and went to the kitchen. Mom was still at work. I searched through the fridge. Nothing. No milk, no cheese, no anything. I needed to go grocery shopping. I would leave it to my mom, but she was so busy these days I didn't think she would have the time.

The doorbell rang. Sam was ten minutes early. What a gentleman.

I opened the door. He didn't wear a suit, but he really looked really nice. He had a white shirt on and wore a black jacket on top. His pants were black and to top off his looks, he wore black designer sneakers.

"Hey, lovely," he said.

I tried not to ogle over him. "Uh, hi!" I smiled.

"So, you ready?"

"Yeah, I guess," I felt shy. I actually felt shy. Who knew that I, Nicole Peterson, would get shy around a boy who didn't know anything about the Renaissance?

Sam took me to his car. It was a nice shiny black car. I was never good with cars, so I didn't know what it was, but I think it was an SUV. He opened the door for me.

"I never knew you were such a gentleman," I teased.

"I always am," he replied.

"Sure you are."

He grinned and got on to the driver's seat. He drove on to the theater. Pop music filled the car until we reached there. Sam had already picked out a movie, so we got our tickets, a large-sized popcorn and soda.

We were going to watch an action movie. I never liked action, but Sam made it enjoyable.

A two hour movie. It was six when we finished. We went to a nearby McDonald's and ate our dinner there.

"So, did you like it?" Sam asked, quirking his eyebrow.

I pretended to think. I looked at Sam. He gave me an expectant look. I smiled. "I don't know," I said slyly. "Did I?"

"I'd say you did," Sam sat back on his chair and watched me eat.

"How would you know?" I challenged.

"You laughed the entire time. I'd say I scored some points."

"Oh, yeah," I smiled. "Well, I'm not satisfied."

"I think you are pretty satisfied," Sam's eyebrow shot up.

"You think. You think. See. This is why you don't have a girlfriend. You give only your opinion."

"Why don't you give yours then?"

"Alright," I paused. "I think I had a fun time, but I definitely did not enjoy the movie. I'm picking next time."

"Oh," Sam smiled mischievously. "So we're going on a second date?"

"What?" I thought about what I said. "Ooh," I groaned and put my hand on my forehead. "Stupid stupid stupid!"

He laughed. I glared at him. "No. I change my mind. No second date."

"Why not? We had fun."

My mouth twitched. I did have fun. It was the most fun I had in a long while. But I wasn't going to tell him that.

"Yeah," I said nonchalantly. "I guess we had some fun. But that's it, okay."

"No," Sam replied with another one of his quirky smiles. "I think there's going to be a next time."

"What makes you so sure?"

"Because," he smirked. "I don't think you're the type that refuses dares."
___________________________

Hey, everybody! What did you think of their date? Tell me what you think. Also, tell me who you think Nicole should end up with. I already got the storyline, but I want to know what you guys have in mind. I may or may not change it based on what you guys say.

So, thanks for reading! I really appreciate it. :) Please vote, comment, share, and give me a follow. Love you!

~Fere

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7M 519K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...
1.3M 56.7K 63
"I know we broke up, but.., " he whispers in my ear, trailing his finger lightly along my arm. He places a soft kiss on my collarbone, making a shive...
460K 22.9K 38
Skylar Davies has always been a proud member of the "Invisibles", you know, those people at school whom everyone seems to NOT know about? But when s...
32.5K 1.1K 28
"I told you to leave me alone. Are you stalking me?" I asked the little shits. "Of course not! Rude much?" Noah gasped, his hand over his heart. "I a...