The Big Five

Par Ferealbum

Excerpt: I laughed with my best friend. Joey had slipped by stepping on a puddle of water. He rubbed the back... Plus

CAST
1. The Big Five
2. Favors, Sleepovers, and Shopping
4. Spill the beans and eat the Ice-cream
5. Mending Relationships....or Not
6. Flirting, Hating, and the Death Whistle
7. Fisher's Treat
8. Overdue Books and Rainy Day Romances?
9. Cheater Cheater Lasagna Eater
10. Clumsy, nerdy, five-year-old artist
11. The Creep, the Jock, and the Quiet Girl
12. Onesies or Revealing Costumes
13. Halloween Dance Party
14. My hero is a cop
15. Happy Birthday, Joey
16. Die Twice, Live Twice
17. BFFs and the surprise guest
18. Big Brother's Mischief
19. Daddy Problems
20. The Flu
21. The Notebook
22. Stupid Fat Fingers and Exhausting Holidays
23. Curiosity killed the cat
24. Happy Holidays
25. Several Reasons Why
26. Chances
27. My Petty Problems
28. Besties
29. Darned Tripping Mechanism
30. Dances and Goodbye?
31. Confession
32. Emma's Valentine
33. End It
34. Dilemma
35. Make Up
36. No Problem
37. How to Relieve Stress
38. Final-ly
39. Closure
Epilogue

3. Hating Pickles and Hiding Nicole

340 30 32
Par Ferealbum

"Happy Halloween!" I said jumping on top of Joey.

It was only the beginning of October, but I just couldn't wait till Halloween. That and I missed going trick-or--treating with Joey so much that I had to come over. If he asked, I could use his birthday plan as an excuse.

"Aaah! Nicole! Get off!" Joey stumbled off of his bed. "What the....what are you doing here? And Halloween isn't until the end of October. It's only the first today!"

"I know, Joe, but I'm in the Halloween spirit!"

I was currently at Joey's house. Maggie was busy studying for a big History test she missed and Emma had a date. Yeah, she had a boyfriend, but she still fantasized about the Big Five. That's what those boys did: made all the girls--taken or not--want them. They were usually the reason girls broke up with their boyfriends.

It felt like the good old days. Joey was still sleeping, so I decided to wake him up. He yawned. His hair was a mess.

"I thought we should hang out today," I told him. "You know, maybe we should like go fishing or something. Talk about your birthday plans and all."

"And if someone sees us?" Joey crossed his arms.

"We'll be careful," I promised.

"Hmm, let me think...." Joey tilted his head to one side. He then looked at me and said flatly, "No."

He got back on his bed and covered himself with his blanket.

"Come on, Joe," I whined. "It'll be like when we were younger!"

"Go away, Nick," Joey's muffled voice replied. "I need my beauty sleep."

"You're such a killjoy," I grumbled. "Fine, I'm leaving."

I stomped out of the room, but I wasn't going to give up that easily. I went down to the kitchen and found a spray bottle. I filled it with water and snuck back up.

Joey was snoring quietly. I always envied his ability to sleep within the span of a few minutes. I threw the blanket off of him.

"Joey," I said in a sing-song voice. "Time to get up."

He muttered something under his breath. I put the spray bottle right in front of him.

"Five," I warned him.

"Four, three, two, one," I counted down quickly and sprayed water on his face.

He gasped and jerked up. I continued to spray until his hair was soaked. He glared at me, while I giggled hysterically. "I warned you," I said through fits of laughter.

He let out a huff. I sobered and looked at him. He looked angry.

"Joey?" I waved my hand in front of him. "Joey? You mad?"

He didn't reply. "Aww, come on, Joe. You can't get mad over something like that!"

I sighed. "I'm sorry, alright?" I sat on the bed. "Joe?"

It was then that he grabbed my wrist and pulled away the spray bottle. He sprayed water on me until the bottle was empty. My scarf and my hair got soaked.

"Joey!" I gasped. "You sly dog!" I attacked him, resulting in us having a wrestling match on the floor. It was only a joke, though, so we were laughing the whole time.

I was panting when we stopped. Joey was lying down next to me.

"That was fun," I said.

"Yeah," Joey sat up. "What are you doing here, anyway? I thought we were supposed to keep a low profile."

I stood up. I looked at him, not sure if I should get mad at him or laugh it off.

"I don't know, Joe," I sighed. "I guess I just missed you." He obviously knew the birthday plans part was a lousy excuse.

I held out my hand, offering to help him up. He looked up at me and grabbed it. I saw a smug look in his face before I was pulled down.

"Ow," I groaned when I landed on top of him. "What the heck, Joe? Why would you do that?"

He laughed. "I really wish I got a picture. Your face was priceless!"

I hit his chest before getting up. "I'm never helping you again, jerk."

I left him laughing on the floor and went to the kitchen. I fixed up a special sandwich for him and set it on the table. He was sitting at the table by this time.

"Wow, am I dreaming?" Joey said in a playfully surprised voice. "Nicole Peterson fixing me breakfast? I don't see any pigs flying. What happened?"

I tried not to smirk. "Nothing," I said innocently. "I don't want my good friend starving now would I?"

Joey looked at me suspiciously. He examined his sandwich. I mocked hurt.

"What are you doing? Don't you know it's rude to check food someone makes for you like it has poison?"

He sniffed it. "Just eat it already!" I blurted out. "Or I'll eat it for you."

He still eyed me suspiciously, but he took a bite. I smiled. "Is it good?"

"When is Nutella not good?" Joey replied with his mouth full.

I smirked. When it's in a sandwich with the food you hate most, I thought. I watched until he took another bite.

"You know, it's kind of ironic that your new best friend's last name is Pickles when you hate the food of the same name."

"What are you--crunch!" he stopped took off the top piece of bread. I smothered my laughter. I had put a single pickle in the middle of the sandwich so he would eat it without a problem until he reached it.

He gave me an accusing look and I couldn't take it anymore. I burst out laughing.

"Nutella is the best until you eat it with a pickle!" I managed to say before laughing again.

"Why you sneaky little weasel," Joey got up and made his way around the table. I went to the other side, still laughing.

"Jo....Joey, you should have....seen the look on your face!" I ran to the family room and went around the couch, putting it between me and an angry Joey. "It was priceless!"

"When I catch you, Nicole, you are going to get it!"

I grabbed a cushion and threw it at him. It hit him right on the face. This only made me laugh even harder.

"Get back here, you!" Joey shouted after me with playful anger when I somehow got past him. I ran upstairs and into his room. I slammed the door just as he reached the top of the stairs. I managed to lock it before he could open it.

"I'm serious, Nicole!" He pounded on the door. "Unlock this door, right now!"

"You're never serious Joe! I'm not coming out!"

"Get out here and fight like a man!"

"Never!"

It got quiet after a few more minutes of pounding. I heard footsteps going down the stairs. Then silence. He probably gave up to watch TV or something. I pressed my ear to the door. Sure enough, I heard the television switch on.

I waited for a bit longer before slowly unlocking the door. I opened it slightly. So far, there was no sign of him. Of course not. He was watching TV.

I opened the door and stepped out confidently. As soon as I did, an arm enveloped me. I yelped in surprise.

Joey gave me a good long headlock. I had to apologize repeatedly before he let me go. He must have snuck back up here and waited for me to come out. Sneaky bastard.

"Joey: one, and Nicole: zero!" He said triumphantly.

I stuck my tongue out at him. "It's Joey: one, and Nicole: two, dummy."

"No, it isn't," Joey countered.

"The pickle was one point and locking the door was another."

"Fine," Joey sniffed. "We both got one point. The door doesn't count."

"Fine," I crossed my arms.

There was knocking on Joey's door. We jumped. I looked at Joey, wide-eyed.

"Are you expecting someone?" I asked quietly.

"No...." He frowned. We crept downstairs. Joey looked through the peep hole. "Oh, fu...."

He turned to me. "I completely forgot. Roger was coming over today so we could go watch Alex's game."

"What?" I almost shouted, but I caught myself. I gulped.

"Go up to my room and stay there until we leave. I'll text you when we leave."

I nodded. I walked up the stairs as quick as possible. Joey opened the door as soon as I reached his room.

"Hey, man," I heard Roger say. "What took you so long?"

"TV," Joey answered. I left the door a crack open so I could hear when they left.

"You were watching a soap opera?"

I stifled a giggle. Joey hated soap operas. He said they were too dramatic and cliche.

"Uh, yeah," Joey said. He must have turned off the TV because I couldn't hear it anymore.

"Well, hurry up. We're going to be late."

"Yeah, let's go," Joey said.

"You're going to the game in that?"

Oh no. Joey was still in his pajamas.

"Oh," Joey laughed nervously. "I meant after I change."

"Well, what are you waiting for?"

"Nothing. You stay down here, alright?"

"Yeah, sure. Just hurry it up."

Joey ran up the stairs. He came in.

"Should I go?" I asked.

"Too risky. Just turn around and don't peek."

I nodded. I kept watch on the door. I heard Joey rustle about. He mumbled a few curses. What was taking so long?

"You done yet?" I hissed.

"I can't find my shirt."

"Just wear the one from yesterday. There are none in your closet?"

"Well, you'll see me if I go to my closet and my shirt from yesterday is in the laundry."

"I don't care. Just get dressed and get out of here. I haven't been living under a rock. I've seen plenty of shirtless men. I've seen you shirtless."

"Fine."

Joey made his way to the closet and started to rummage through it. I saw him from the corner of my eye. He really had muscles. He never used to work out until he....you know, ditched me.

I had to use all my strength to not gawk at him. His arm muscles rippled as he threw his clothes around.

"Hurry up!"

"Hey, Joey!" Roger called from downstairs. "You done yet? I'm going up there!"

"Uh, just a second, Roger!" Joey called. "I'll be right there!"

At this rate, Roger would catch me in Joey's room when he was half naked. I did not want to risk that. I cursed and walked toward him. Who cares? As I said, I already saw plenty of shirtless guys. And I've seen Joey half naked before.

I pushed him out of the way and rummaged through his clothes. He really needed to arrange his closet. Clothes were strewn about. I scrunched my nose when I accidentally picked up an underwear.

I found a black shirt at the back. I tossed it at him and he put it on. Whoa. His shirt stretched over his muscles. I never thought I'd say this, but my former best friend was hot.

"Now, get out of here!" I whispered.

He nodded and left the room. I sighed with relief. I sat on his bed for a bit.

"What took you so long?" Roger asked.

"I was finding clothes and...." the voices trailed off and a door slammed shut. I knew he did that so he could let me know that he left.

I opened the door and crept out. My phone buzzed. I looked down. Joey texted me saying that it was okay to come out.

I abandoned my efforts to stay quiet and ran downstairs. I grabbed my bag, which was luckily hidden under the dining table and ran to the door.

My phone buzzed again. I looked down and my eyes widened when I read the text.

Hide. Roger goin back. He 4got jacket.

I looked around the house. I saw Roger running down the street. Too little time to run up the stairs. I went to the kitchen and ducked under the table. Hopefully the chairs would help hide me. I really hated him at the moment. Why did he make things so difficult?

Roger opened the door. He looked around. A dark blue jacket was draped over the couch. He grabbed it and left. I sighed with relief. I crawled out and ran to the door.

When I opened it, I was met with a surprised Roger.
______________________________

Hey! Did you like it? I hope it was fun. Tell me what you think would happen next.

And no, I'm not sorry about the cliffhanger. 😬😬😬 :P

Don't know what else to write, so I'll end with the usual:

Don't forget to vote, comment, and continue reading! I cherish every one. Thanks for reading!

~Fere.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

459K 22.8K 38
Skylar Davies has always been a proud member of the "Invisibles", you know, those people at school whom everyone seems to NOT know about? But when s...
236K 13.8K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
1.3M 35.4K 42
"You make me want to do things to you." He mumbles, his brown eyes never straying from mine. "What?" I whisper, nervous yet at the same time my hear...
9.6K 373 32
WARNING ⚠️ This book I am not proud of and I could have done better. In my opinion it's kinda bad but be my guest to give it a shot and find out you...