The One That Got Away

By mercedes04h

My heart was broken when he pursued his dream. I was left behind like a child does when the new toy is no lon... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 3

368 0 0
By mercedes04h

Hey guys! Here's another chapter. Comment and give feedback! Happy Reading!!!

When we were in line grabbing food, I turned to Gio.

“Okay, when where you going to tell me that we were back together? I thought it took two people for it to work.” I said.

“I know.” Gio said calmly.

“What do you mean?”

“I know your secret.”

I stopped to get some raspberry iced tea and then went to pay for my food. I waited for Gio to pay his and we started walking to where my friends were.

“What secret?” I asked. I was nervous about his answer. It couldn’t be the Taylor secret or could it?

He gave me a ‘duh’ look and said, “It’s completely normal that you have a crush on the guy. I wouldn’t blame you if you did. I see the way you look at him and the way he looks at you. It sometimes gets rated r.” He teased. I punched him on the arm.

“Oh! Whatever! I don’t look at him in any way. He’s just a guy. Besides according to you, we’re a thing again and I don’t cheat on boyfriends.” I teased.

“I’m sorry if I put you in a compromise position.” He said.

I was about to say something but he said, “We’ll talk more later.” He kissed me on the cheek. We were by my friends already so when he made his move my friends were staring.

“Way to be smooth,” I whispered at him. I turned to my friends, “Why are you guys staring? Do I have a sign on my forehead that says ‘look at me’ or something?”

Gio cleared his throat and I looked back. Taylor was standing behind me and he looked more ticked off. I pulled Gio to the lunch table and sat him next to me. Naomi sat next to me and said, “I thought you said Gio and you were over?”

“I thought so too,” I murmured.

“What was that M?”

“I said you were wrong. I couldn’t help myself. I missed him and he felt the same.” I explained.

“Oh, okay. Oh! Hey, Taylor why don’t you sit next to me?” She waved Taylor over.

He sat next to me and she said, “Well, you know M and her boyfriend, Gio Benitez. We call him our future Picasso since he likes to draw and stuff. I’m sure you know Bella and Omar. The girl next to Omar is Susanna and the person beside her is Malika. The girl behind her talking to that guy is Crystal M. and the guy she’s talking to her is her ‘loser’ of a boyfriend. But hey, you can’t help who you love. Now on the other side of me is D. and she’s talking to her bf Ben. So D, when are you giving me my new purse?”

“That’s not really fair N. I thought you were drunk or something. I was played.” D said.

“Well, I don’t know if I heard right, but you said it was your Gucci Fall collection bag right?” Taylor stepped in.

“Oh! Yes, I can’t wait to wear it with my new wardrobe” Naomi said.

“Well, I feel bad that D has to lose her favorite bag to you Naomi so why don’t I make it up to you D? I mean it is my fault you lost. I have connections with Gucci and I think I can get you another one.” Taylor said.

“OMG! That would totally be fair.” D said.

“I’m glad.” He said and gave her a smile. I could have sworn all the girls in the cafeteria sighed. I looked around the cafeteria and people were staring. I was no longer hungry. Gio put a hand on mine and made a signal with his head as to leave. I nodded and Gio said, “Guys we’ll catch up with you later.”

“Wait, where are you guys going?” D asked.

“We have some things to settle.” I explained.

“When did you guys get back together?” D asked. I could swear that people were waiting for my answer. I wanted to look behind me, but I didn’t.

“I’ll tell you about it later D. I just need to go and get some fresh air okay?”

“Okay M.” she said and all my friends turned back to their conversations.

Gio dumped my tray and took my hand. I wasn’t paying attention to where we were going so when Gio handed me a microphone I was confused.

“What are we doing in the auditorium?” I asked.

“You’re going to sing.” He said simply.

“And why is that?”

“Because every time you have some shit going on, you like to sing about it. This is how you get inspired.”

I sighed and I just sat on the auditorium floor. “I don’t think a song is going to help this time.”

“Why? Is it Taylor?” he came to sit next to me.

“Why do you assume it’s Taylor?” I said.

“Well, I sort of heard you arguing with Sully and I wanted to make sure everything was okay. And then I saw you walking out from the library with Taylor and then I kind of, sort of, heard you’re argument about him leaving you again and then he told you about not making the same mistakes. I would have left but I got curious and I heard about him telling you that he can’t live without you.”

I was speechless for a few minutes. So much for keeping my ex-relationship with Taylor a secret. I felt myself turning red.

“Umm…I think I will take you up on that singing offer.” I said.

“Look, you can trust me with your secret. I know it’s none of my business to get involved but I just don’t want you to get hurt. The reason why I said I was your boyfriend was because I thought that if he knew that you were taken he then would give up.” Gio explained.

“Thanks, I appreciate it.” I said and took his hands into mine. “Although, I am more worried about your feelings.”

“Umm…not to put you on blast M, but I’ve moved on. I have a thing going on with someone else.”

“Oh…but what you just did for me might not be good for you. If she feels the same then she’ll be crushed when she hears about us.” I said a bit worried.

“Actually, she doesn’t want to be seen with me. She wants to be low-key about it.”

“I know that our relationship is only pretend but I will not be seen as an ex-girlfriend who was cheated on.” I said.

“And I will not be known as the ex-boyfriend who was cheated on.” He countered.

“Even though I was teasing I did mean it when I said that I don’t cheat on my boyfriend, no matter how much of a jerk he is.” I rebutted.

“Well, I did warn her that I wouldn’t wait forever.” Gio said.

“Who is she? Do I know her?”

“Umm…yes. Although, you won’t like it. Not one bit.” He said nervously.

“The only person I won’t possibly like is Sully and I don’t think you’d go that low. I mean, she practically has all sorts of diseases.” I said.

“That is just a rumor. I know people can be cruel but I didn’t think you’d believe that M. I thought you were better than that.” Gio was on the defense.

“Why are you defending her? Please don’t tell me that that’s who you’re into now?” I almost exclaimed.

“What if I say yes?” He said. I got up from the floor and I jumped off the stage.

“I can’t believe you like her! Do I even want to know how it happened?” I turned around to face him.

“It just happened. We were at a party and I was feeling down about our break-up. She was there and one thing led to another. We talked and I felt like we connected on a different level then we had.” He seemed in a daze.

“I hope you know that she just likes my seconds. You’re not the first one she has gone after. I went out with Johnny Diaz and a week after we broke up; guess who she was going out with? Then, I went on a date with that foreign exchange student from France and like three days later, guess who he was going out with? I’m sorry to burst your bubble but you’re just another object in her little game.” I said acidly.

“You’re just saying that because you’re jealous. Look at you; you’re practically seething in rage!” Gio countered.

“Why am I even bothering with this? I don’t care what you do, go live your life, go be part of her game. I don’t care what happens to you. You’ve always been stubborn.” I said and I began to walk away from him. I felt like crying, but I didn’t want to show him any weakness.

Gio was a good boyfriend when we went out. He was always a gentleman and even though we only went out for almost a year he was special to me. He was the ONE, if you know what I mean. Over summer we started drifting apart, it wasn’t because of the sex but I felt like I was maturing faster than him. We parted on good terms and that’s why I believed we could be good friends in the end. I guess I was wrong.

I reached the storage room, the place where they keep extra tables and chairs. I didn’t hear Gio behind me so I was caught off guard when someone took me into their arms. I didn’t realize I had tears running down my cheeks when I pulled away.

“Are you okay?” Taylor asked.

“Taylor! I thought you were someone else.” I said and I tried to pull away from him but he didn’t let me. He held me even tighter.

“No, don’t pull away. I couldn’t fair well if you’d pull away from me.” He whispered.

“Can you stop trying to make this work?” I tried not to shout but I was getting angry. The first thing I didn’t want for senior year was guy drama, and here I was crying over two guys.

“I’m sorry, do you want me to kick his ass for you?” he said to lighten up the mood.

“No thanks, I could do it myself but he’ll need all his brain cells to deal with –wait did you hear us argue? How long where you out here?” I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand.

“I heard up to the part about you guys just pretending to be together and then your argument.” He said.

“That’s all you heard?” I held my breath.

“Yes,” he said honestly. I exhaled silently.

“Well, thanks for your help, but I don’t need it. I need to think about stuff and I need –”

“A Cookies-N-Cream Hershey Bar with a Caramel Frappuchino. I see you haven’t change. Why don’t we ditch the rest of the day and go get you some?” He offered. His smile was placed crookedly.

I felt frozen in place and I couldn’t move. His smile was dazzling. He was perfect. His skin was tanned and his face structure was sharp and defined. His eyes were a honey brown with a tint of green around the iris. His hair was cut to emphasize his face features. His black hair played well with the color of his eyes. I began to wonder why we ever broke up, but I decided not to go down memory lane.

Taylor cleared his throat and said, “Well? What do you say?”

“I can’t, I have A.P. Government. First day of class is when you want to make the best impression and if I ditch that says bad things about my character. Of course, you don’t care what impressions you make. You’re Taylor Lautner for crying out loud.” At the end I made a show when I said his name.

“That was the old me, I’ve changed. That’s why I decided to come back. I couldn’t let you see me how I was before. Living the rock star life isn’t –”

“Do NOT say easy because you’re just bullshitting. I know what you were up to all these years Taylor. Clubbing and hosting parties is what you were up to. Face it Taylor you lost yourself living the ‘rock star’ life. You forgot about your friends and about me.” I said and I tried my best not to shed a tear for him. He didn’t deserve my tears. He left me and then broke up with me.

“That was just a publicity stunt. It was all done to create more buzz for upcoming movies or shows. Even for charities, no especially for charity. I was always the party boy in the public’s view, but in Hollywood I’m seen as a respectable young man doing his duty for his community.”

I rolled my eyes. “If all you want is a clean conscious don’t worry you didn’t do extensive damage to me. As you can see I’m alive and breathing. I didn’t die of heartache so why don’t you just go back to where you’ve been hiding all these years.” I said and I tried to leave but Taylor pulled me to him.

We were face-to-face and I felt my heart pick up pace. My palms began to sweat and my breath was coming in faster. “Why do you like provoking me? I didn’t come to get my conscious clean and I’m getting tired of you throwing it back in my face about how I’m going to leave.” He said huskily.

“Well, I wouldn’t bring it up if I didn’t have any reason to do so.” I stuttered.

“I think there’s only one way to prove you wrong. I’ve been waiting a long time for this moment.” He began to come closer. I could feel his warm breath on my lips.

“Please…don’t.” My attempt was weak I tried to pull away but it was fertile. I realized that I actually wanted this. I wanted him to kiss me. Sure my mind hated him but my body was responding to his touch. Taylor hovered over my lips and he finally placed them over mine. At first, I struggled. I wasn’t going to make it easy for him, but then he was able to get my mouth to open and his tongue was battling mine. I couldn’t stop myself and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He placed his hands on my waist and lifted me to him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he placed me on a table. Without breaking the kiss, he climbed over me and continued to kiss me.

The kiss turned more passionate and I felt my body respond to him. I felt his hands moving under my dress. His fingers skimming down my leg, to the place between my thighs. I broke away from the kiss and I pushed Taylor away.

“Don’t!” I said. I was breathless and so my exclamation wasn’t as dramatic as I wanted it.

“You know you want it too.” He teased and he got off me. He took my hands and pulled me off the table. I wasn’t sure I could trust my legs so I used the table for support. I took big breaths and exhaled slowly. My heart was beginning to slow its pace down when I turned back to Taylor. He was looking at me with that smoldering look he had on earlier, right before he kissed me. I looked down at my dress and I saw that it had risen all the way to my bikini line. It just needed a few more inches and my underwear would have shown. I quickly pulled my dress down, and I pulled my cardigan closer.

I cleared my throat, and I said, “I would like it very much if you’d not do that again.”

“I know for a fact that that’s not what you want. You probably want me to get rid of your clothing and ravish you breathless with my mouth. You were lucky this time that no one was around to see this. I could barely contain myself in the morning, when I first saw you and then when you bumped into me at the student store.”

“Well, you’re probably right, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen again.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“If you want me to keep my hands off you, don’t do that. You’re sexy as it is, if you do that again I’ll lick your tongue.” Taylor warned me.

I had nothing to lose so I stuck my tongue out again and Taylor grabbed me by the waist before I had the chance to run out. He tried to lick my tongue but I had my mouth shut.

“Open up or I’m going to kiss you.”

“You wouldn’t,” I said.

“I dare you to stick your tongue out one more time,” he said.

I did it, just to see what he’d do and the moment I stuck my tongue out at him, he licked it with his.

“You did not just do that!” I exclaimed.

“You want to try that again?” He teased.

“Gross!” I said. I was looking at his mouth. Taylor had the ability to make girls want him without even trying. There was nothing stopping him, when he actually tried to make girls want him.I was dying inside because I couldn’t touch him. And inspiration hit me. I wanted to write a song and the lyrics came to my head, “I can pretend that I don't see you, I can pretend I don't wanna hold you when you're around. I can say that nothing was right, but if we know if I looked into your eyes…”

I gasped. “I need a sheet of paper. Ugh…where’s my phone?!” I pulled away from Taylor and I got my phone from the pocket stitched inside my dress. I was lucky enough to see Taylor’s face when I did it.

“Is there anything else inside that pocket? Like condoms or a lipstick?” he asked.

“It’s just my phone.” I muttered. I unlocked my IPhone and I went to the notes app. I added a new note and wrote the lyrics that were roaming in my head. I was eager to show the lyrics to my friend Josh. He had graduated last year and was attending Chaffey Community College now. I got to see him every weekend since he worked at Matinee as an evening DJ.

“What are you doing?” Taylor asked.

“Oh, umm…nothing. I have to go. Fifth period probably started already, so much for my good impression.” I said. I turned around and once again I was stopped.

“You’re not leaving until you tell me when we can talk.” Taylor said.

I sighed loudly and impatiently. “Ugh…why even bother? I’m not taking you back. No matter how much I want to.”

“I would have walked away the moment you’d told me that you didn’t want to see me but I’m not losing hope. You still want me and I very much want you. I’m gonna do what ever it takes for you to trust me again.” Taylor said.

“Ugh…fine. Where do you want to meet?” I gave in.

“My house at eight sounds good?” he said it like he knew I would fold.

“Your house will be full of paparazzi. That’s not a good idea if I don’t want to be seen with you.” I crossed my arms.

“Then you pick,” he said.

“I’d say my house, but my parents are coming home tomorrow. I don’t want to have the place trashed up.” I lied.

Taylor pursed his lips and then said, “Why don’t I just pick you up and we can talk in my car?”

I had a déjà vu moment when he said it. I closed my eyes tight because I didn’t want to think about that memory.

“No! Definitely not in your car. I prefer to talk at my house. Just be there by eight. I have homework to do and suitcases to empty. Although another vacation sounds very tempting at the moment.” I said.

Taylor was confused a bit, but then he nodded. “Okay then, I’ll see you at eight.” He kissed me on the cheek and then he whispered in my ear, “I’ll be counting the seconds and thinking about you for the rest of the day.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 3.1K 29
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
107K 1.5K 36
Life gave me another chance with him and all i'm going to do is break his heart. What would you do if life suddenly gave you another chance to be wi...
65.4K 5.7K 76
WARNING!!! THIS STORY IS RATED FOR MATURED AUDIENCE AS IT CONTAINS HOT SEX SCENES, SWEARING, DEPRESSION, VIOLENCE. __________________________________...
17.7K 423 20
"One for every year I've been without you," He says, with me bent over his knee. I moan loudly. "One," Smack. God I'm practically melting with him. "...