I Dream of You | ✔️

By Lauren_Chow

HIGHEST RANK: #18 in Adventure (5/23/17) Rochelle Smith is trapped. Kidnapped and forced to be with the pers... More

1 | Dreaming of You
2 | Trapped
3 | Soon
4 | Dream to Reality
5 | You're Real
6 | Not Giving Up
7 | Partners
8 | Ex-Girlfriends
9 | Pizza Delivery
10 | Fight
11 | First Touch
12 | Explanation
13 | Food Fight
14 | A Chance
15 | Scorching
16 | Creep
17 | First Date
18 | Let Them
19 | Beach Day
20 | Soulmates
21 | A Future
22 | Reunited
23 | Planning
25 | Promise
26 | Operation
27 | Cannibals and Traitors
28 | Flame
29 | Blood
30 | Love
Epilogue
Big News

24 | New Pairs

1.2K 67 7
By Lauren_Chow

ROCHELLE

The rest of spring break was quiet. Cole and I spent as much time as possible together while I caught up with my family. Nothing had happened since I left- they were too busy trying to find me. 

Hearing the tone in their voices made my heart clench.

We planned different scenarios if I was ever confronted by Derrick. Cole will be there since he was supposed to stay by my side. I don't mind that. It's more of the fact I still have to attend school since it's my senior year.

My parents insisted I still get my education while I was here. That even with a madman catching me, I couldn't lay around the house.

"Get a good future," they said.

"You'll live," they said.

"It'll be fun," they said.

What liars. It made me roll my eyes at their hypocritical nonsense. First, they were determined to keep me on lockdown and the next they are telling me to leave? I had a feeling Cole convinced them for my sake. He knew I could stay in his household for so long before I combusted.

It was Monday and time to get ready for school. I turned and looked at the empty side of my bed with a frown.

Dad and Kyle demanded that we stayed in different rooms. They insisted that it was to make sure Cole and I didn't get any "ideas". 

Overprotective brutes. 

I missed sleeping next Cole. His arms that wrap around me to help me feel warm and safe as I fell asleep. Since Cole and I have been sharing a bed, it was hard to adapt to not having him by my side with useless turning and snuggling. I can barely sleep at night.

Of course, my father and brother won't get that through their thick heads.

Exhausted, I regretfully got up and took a shower. I put on jeans and a peach tank top before running downstairs, hoping Cole was already there.

I spotted Cole in the kitchen, vaguely aware of my parents. His eyes immediately made contact with mine and I felt my body sing in excitement. I ran straight towards him. Cole catches me just in time and pulled me towards him tightly. I sigh, content. I needed this.

"Morning," I mumbled to Cole and kissed him quickly on the cheek. He just sighed in response, laying his cheek on my head.

"No touching and kissing in the kitchen!" Dad commanded. I groaned and nuzzled my face into Cole's chest in defiance.

"Henry! Leave them alone. You seem to forget we were just like that when we were teenagers-we still act like that. You never heard my father scolding you. Don't be hypocritical." Mom reprimanded.

You go Mom. I sent her a grateful look, which she reciprocates by sending a wink my way.

Dad pouted and thankfully left the subject alone. I went to put my sandals on as Cole collected our things for the day. We said our goodbyes to everyone and went to school.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Rochelle!"Sabrina squealed.

"Sabrina!" I mimicked. She gave me a playful glare.

"We haven't talked to each other since the beach. We are hanging out after school." she declared. I rolled my eyes but didn't comment. She's stubborn as a mule.

"I'm tagging along." Cole butted in as he intertwined our fingers together. Sabrina rolled her eyes.

"Sorry Cole, you are not coming," Sabrina scoffed. "It's girl's time. Not girl's time with Cole."

Cole and I looked at each other. We were supposed to stay together and Sabrina wants me to herself. I knew I didn't have a choice on the matter. I had to go with Sabrina but I also knew I couldn't be by myself.

This is going to be harder than we thought.

We were getting our things from our lockers when we heard whispers. Curious, we turned around and spotted the interruption immediately.

My heart raced in fear and Cole gripped my hand tightly, sending calm throughout my body. I squeezed his hand when I felt his anger.

Derrick and Victoria were together, holding hands. That's not even the weirdest part.

They passed us with a glare, but Derrick had a glint in his eyes as he sent me a smirk. I knew I should've felt intimidated, but I couldn't find it in me with Cole by my side.

"Now that's going to be some gossip headed their way," Sabrina said in fascination.

Cole and I looked at each other. Why were they together? Is Victoria part of it or was she just a pawn in the game? What are they up to? 

I snorted and Cole looks down at me in amusement as he read my thoughts.

To be honest, they are perfect together.

My ex-mate and Cole's ex-girlfriend.

What a pair.

------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria and Derrick were the talk of the school today. They were considered the new "it" couple. 

Really? Them? Out of anyone in this school, it's them? I highly doubt it.

I don't like this, I thought to Cole.

We were in English class but there was a substitute filling in today, so he gave us the period as a study hall.

Neither do I. Something is up between the two of them. Be careful. I wouldn't mind punching the son of a bitch in the face, but I refuse to hit a girl.

What a gentleman.

Is that being sarcastic?

My answer is a mix of a yes and no.

That's not a good answer.

I know.

"What are you two looking at?" Dylan asked, staring at the wall we were looking at.

"Oh, nothing. Thought I saw a fly." Cole covered.

"A fly?" Dylan sounded unconvinced but a bit amused.

"I like flies," Cole shrugged as he created weird buzz noises. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Whatever man. You can be so weird sometimes." Dylan said slowly.

The bell rang and we made our way to lunch.

I told Cole I needed to go to the bathroom. He looked concerned and to appease him, I took Sabrina with me.

I was washing my hands, talking to Sabrina about the latest homework assignment, when the door slammed shut and I heard the lock. I turned around and wanted to groan at the person who decided to show herself.

"What do you want?" Sabrina spat at Victoria.

"Shut it she-devil. I'm not here to talk to you," Victoria snapped. She turned to me. "Are you jealous I stole your man, Rochelle? Derrick is pretty hot." Victoria smirked.

"Keep him. I don't want him. I have Cole." I said with an innocent shrug.

"So, you're not jealous? You know, Derrick told me you really stink in bed. Says you can't satisfy a man's needs. Hope Cole isn't too disappointed. Or does he feel that much pity for you that he decides to keep you around?" she pouted mockingly.

I couldn't stop myself. The next thing I knew, Victoria was on the floor, holding her nose. Sabrina looked at me, shocked with a bit of pride. I felt rage build inside of me. 

There was banging on the door, and I instantly knew it was Cole sensing my emotions. I glared at Victoria.

"Don't you ever say that to me again. Test me one more time Victoria and I won't be responsible for my actions." I boomed.

Getting out of her shock, Sabrina led me to the exit. Once the door opened, I was pulled into Cole's arms. I felt myself relax as the sparks spread.

"Are you okay?" Cole murmured and pulled back a little to search for any injuries. He scowled when he saw some bruising on my knuckles. I nodded my head slightly. I knew it would heal in a few hours. Sabrina gave me a look of sympathy.

"You guys better go before a teacher runs in, I'll cover this. I'll see you guys later at the house." Sabrina said as she gave me a quick hug before letting Cole bring me back into his arms.

Cole nodded his goodbyes and took me out of the building. We got on his bike and drove back home.

When we got to the driveway, no one was home. I felt relieved that I didn't have to explain myself to my parents. Cole helped me off the bike. As I got to my feet, he hugged me. I hugged him back tightly.

"Ready to talk about it?" Cole asked gently.

I looked at him and gave him a small smile.

"I'll tell you inside," I said.

We walked into the house and sat on the couch. He held my hands and looked at me, ready to hear my side of the story. I told him everything that happened with Victoria.

At first, he was furious and looked ready to punch something until I talked about punching Victoria in the face. He laughed.

"She definitely deserved that. I hate that she said any of that to you. But, uh, did you and Derrick..."

I knew what he wanted to ask, but he was afraid to offend me- afraid of my answer. I kissed him softly.

"Not even in his wildest dreams," I mutter.

He rolls his eyes at me, but I can see the relief in his eyes about my answer.

"You are crazy." He said breathlessly.

I smiled goofily at him.

We decided to watch some movies the rest of the day. It was mostly a Marvel movie marathon at the Roberts' household. Eventually, Dylan and Sabrina came and joined us when school was out.

They filled us in about the aftermath at school because of  Victoria and I's encounter. Apparently, I broke her nose. Oops. I couldn't stop my smug smirk and Cole laughed.

I'm supposed to go to the office tomorrow to receive the consequences for my actions. There were also some rumors that Derrick didn't support her and wasn't around for Victoria's "time of need".

Please bitch.

Dylan gave me a high five and Sabrina praised me for my punching skills. At this rate, I felt like I should get a trophy for this achievement.

About two movies in, we heard the door open.

"COLE!" A sweet voice was heard as loud footsteps ran and Suzie pounced on Cole.

"Oof!" Cole grunted as Suzie knocked the air out of him. "Nice to see you too little sis." He gave her a smile.

Suzie giggled as she adjusted on his lap, saying hello to the rest of us. We heard the door open again.

"Hey baby sis, I bought some groceries home and picked up Suzie," Kyle called out. He entered the room and froze at the doorway. His eyes scoured the room until he spotted his target.

And that target turned out to be Sabrina.

I looked at them, confused. What's wrong with him? After they stared at each other for a while, it finally clicked.

Sabrina is Kyle's soulmate. I almost died of laughter that moment. Happiness and amusement flooded me.

This was too good.

I look at Cole, who was close to hysterics. It seems he connected the dots as well. Dylan and Suzie were too busy arguing to notice anything.

I cleared my throat to get their attention. Everyone's eyes went to me.

"Guys, this is my older brother, Kyle. Kyle, these are our friends, Dylan and Sabrina." I introduced, emphasizing Sabrina's name.

Kyle barely nodded at Dylan and returned his gaze to Sabrina.

"Pleasure to meet you," Kyle whispered. She blushed and I looked at her, shocked. Sabrina never blushes.

"Want to join us, Kyle?" I asked with a sly smirk.

He eagerly nodded and sat in the spot next to Sabrina. Chuckling, I returned my focus to the movie as I snuggled into Cole.

I was right.

He is a lost puppy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 1.4K 36
a boy with an anxiety disorder and a girl with anorexia share laughter together through passing notes. [lowercase intended]
1.1M 29.7K 38
Have you ever wondered what it was like to be fake dead for 7 years?... Well, Silva Mia De Luca knows when she appears at the next mafia ball only he...
20.2K 1.2K 42
Literary Fiction/Drama Merri Lonán has nothing but a bucket list, a sketch, and a dark secret. Can tattoo artist, Jace Declan, show her there's more...
132K 6.4K 30
"Is she an MR?!" 'What's an MR?" Tom asks responding to Violet's question and me being myself I interrupt the conversation. "MR?! I know what's an MR...