Durga | ✓

By likhitha9

[Added to Historical/General Fiction reading list of @ProjectWomanUp] #ProjectWomanUp She didn't know martial... More

Prologue and Author's Note
01. A New Start
02. Good Devas and Bad Asuras
03. Nightmare
04. Kamakhya Temple
05. Revenge
06. The Interview
07. Ten Avatars Of Vishnu
08. Trust Broken
09. Job Woes
10. Regionalism
11. Light Diffraction Temple
12. Blessing In Disguise
13. Strange Dreams And Bluffing
14. Where She Faints
15. Musical Divide
16. A Box!?
17. Agathiyar?
19. Silambam
20. When The Limit Breaks
21. Taj Mahal
22. Legends of Siddhar
23. Siddha Medicine
24. Trapped!
25. Madras II
26. Past And Future
27. Nadi Astrology
28. Black Thread
29. Symbols
30. He Has Arrived
31. His Confession
32. Her Worries
33. Her Confession and Trouble
34. The Solution
35. Wives Of Bachelor God
36. Valli and Karthikeya
37. Indumati and Aja
38. Alakshmi
39. Devis Don't Need Devas
40. The Everlasting Flame
41. The Yakshas Potbelly
42. Daivi Astras
43. Her Dark Past
44. Honour Shattered
45. Happy Ending
46. Happy Anniversary
Epilogue
Sequel

18. Dye Troubles

1.9K 197 34
By likhitha9

Rudra was really impressed with the ongoing success of his company, gave everyone a holiday. Durga was happy to have got a holiday. She needed a holiday to relax from the exhaustion of the journey.

Ramaiah was the most happiest one. He had decided to visit Chamundeshwari Temple. There he got a great piece of news.

Rudra was the most confused one, though. Do I really like Durga? But I don't see her everywhere. Why do I feel so proud when she does any great work? Like helping Dr. Anjali with her problem of discovering her identity? Or when she slapped the driver? I felt like slapping the driver. Anyways I should remove these thoughts. I should focus on the project.

Durga was excited for the next day. She felt proud to be an attentive student. Even after six years, she read the script which she had studied carefully in her father's book.

Durga removed the book from the bookshelf. One of the rare books which Akshad possessed, Durga held the book to her bosom. This book will help me in establishing my new identity. As Durga Rao.

The following day was a gloomy day, grey clouds filled the sky but it announced no rains. Durga lifted the heavy book, An Ancient Script- Vatteluttu, carefully. She took the book with her and headed to the office.

She was five minutes late. Rudra was little upset. I don't know where this Ramaiah is. Always wandering here and there. Never has any time sense. I wonder which father will give his daughter's hand to him. Durga is also late.

He heard a giggle sound. Announcing Durga's arrival. His heart picked up few beats. Durga entered, slowly and steadily, holding the heavy book. She kept the book on the table. Rudra was about the touch the book when she held Rudra's wrist.

" Wash your hands." ordered Durga.

" What?" asked Rudra.

" It's simple Sir. I said wash your hands."

" But why?"

" Let me make it very clear. This is my Appa's book. It is a very rare book. It took him weeks to find this book and had paid lots of money to procure the book. If something happens to this book then..."

Rudra quickly got up and went to wash his hands. He smiled at her possessiveness for the book. He showed his palms to her. " Is it okay now?"

Durga nodded. Durga sat across the table. She turned few pages, carefully. She pointed towards a photograph and said, " Look, this is the proof that this script has been found earlier. Identified to be Vatteluttu script." Rudra nodded.

She turned the next page to find few letters of the ancient script. " Appa had told me that Sage Agastya was one of the revered sage of South India. Sage Agastya was believed to have lived for more than five thousand years. It seems little far fetched, but I think it was said to increase his existence. But we have limited knowledge of his works. Maybe this will help to increase our knowledge about him."

Rudra said, " Yes Durga, you are right. The knowledge about him is limited. We will try to translate his works."

For a second, his attention shifted. He looked at her kajalled eyes. Her almond shaped eyes looked more attractive and appealing. Rudra shrugged and scolded himself, mentally. Concentrate Rudra.

He flipped the page, carefully, as she watched him, hawk eyed. She was about to comment when Ramaiah barged the door. Rudra noticed an unusual glow on his face. The page that was currently opened, showed how Tamil script was influenced by Vatteluttu script.

Rudra decided to ignore him. He signalled Durga to continue. Durga nodded and continued, " The left half shows the Vatteluttu script and the right half shows the current Tamil script."

Ramaiah looked dejected. " Rudra! Please tell me, how am I looking?"

Rudra sighed. " You look the same. Why?"

Frowns on Ramaiah's face increased. "Are you sure?"

Rudra looked at him with concern. He got up and walked towards him. "What's the matter? You are half an hour late. Now you are asking me about our looks."

Ramaiah looked around, shyly. "Well, Rudra it is like this..."

" Like what?"

" It is..."

" It is what?"

Durga scolded Rudra. " Sir, please, he is already so nervous. You are making him more nervous."

Rudra stared at her. Why did she sounded like my wife?

Ramaiah mustered courage and said, "I have got a wedding proposal. The bride family is coming to visit my house."

Durga smiled. " Congrats."

Rudra hugged him. " Congrats."

He patted Ramaiah's back. As he broke away from the hug, he saw something near Ramaiah's left ear. "What's that?"

" What are you saying?"

" Near your left ear."

Ramaiah touched the area of skin near his left ear. " I don't feel anything."

" By Lord Shiva, did you dyed your hair yesterday?"

" Yes. I did. Why?"

" A small portion of your skin is stained with dye."

" What?" screamed Ramaiah. " Oh my god, what am I supposed to do?"

" Don't worry. I'll do something."

Rudra damped a hand towel with water. He came from the washroom attached to his room. He gently rubbed at the spot.

" The thing is not going."

Ramaiah snatched the towel and rubbed it vigorously. Durga looked around. She wanted to stop him. But he was too self centered to heed to her advice.

When the thing refused to go, his eyes fell on a bucket. He dipped the towel into the liquid and rubbed it. Rudra snatched the cloth from him. "Stupid! It's turpentine."

Ramaiah tried to snatch it. " Give it to me."

" Ramaiah! Stop it! Don't be a fool. Why are you so self centered? Listen to me carefully, don't let the fear of rejection make these stupid things. If she rejects you, it means you will find a more better wife. Remember one thing. Just be yourself."

Ramaiah hung down his head in shame. After few moments, he looked up. Rudra said, " Go home. Come tomorrow. Durga and I will manage it today."

Ramaiah nodded and left. Durga thought she saw a different side of Rudra. A loving and caring friend. Rudra sat on the chair. He slowly removed the cover of the box. Durga noticed his trembling fingers.

In the box, they saw a book. A book made of palm leaves. He carefully removed the first book. It was written in Vatteluttu script.

Durga turned the pages of the book. She scribbled the word written on the palm leaf book onto a writing pad. Both of them worked out to write the word Silambam.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Silambam : An ancient martial art.

Thank you for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

525K 21.1K 39
# 1 in General Fiction as on 11-03-2017 A Gasp escapes my mouth looking at my accidental husband kissing those three girls one after other ...... Tea...
376K 11.8K 46
Little did she knew that her father married a women, named kalyani. And also a little 5 year kiddo can understand what? She was 5 when her mom, left...
2.6M 118K 132
Story of an average looking indian girl fighting with her own demons until our hero enters She has insecurities which she couldn't share with others...