Love Beneath The Darklines(co...

Autorstwa shachiseth

A Dark Past - Shyna. A Very Ambitious Future - Davidson They are two contradictory personalities. Yet they me... Więcej

Introduction
Chapter 1 Unwanted Attraction
Chapter 2 Staring Contest
Chapter 3 Friendly Encounter
Chapter 4 Divine Attraction
Chapter 5 Twists In Friendship
Chapter 6 Listen To Your Instincts
Chapter 7 Without You
Chapter 8 Make Her Smile
Chapter 9 A Night Together
Chapter 10 Dreams, Hallucinations And Chimeras!!!!!!!
Chapter 11 Fighting The Past
Chapter 12 Adventure Ride.
Chapter 13 Developing Bonds
Chapter 14 Need You Now
Chapter 15 Hands Of Help
Chapter 16 His Divine Touch
Chapter 17 Evil Birthday!!!!!
Chapter 18 Togetherness
Chapter 19 You Are Beautiful
Chapter 20 Wanna Help You
Chapter 21 Enigmatic Smile
Chapter 23 A Companion
Chapter 24 Lucky Charm
Chapter 25 Influx With Past
Chapter 26 Influences Of The Upbringing
Chapter 28 Free Falling
Chapter 29 Breathtaking Beauty
Chapter 30 Past Grimaces
Chapter 31 Definition Of Love
Chapter 32 Love You Like I Do
Chapter 33 Perfection
Chapter 34 Power Of Love
Chapter 35 Wrecking Ball
Chapter 36 Sometimes Pain's The Healer
Chapter 37 Cheating v/s Vengeance
Chapter 38 Deadly Silence
Chapter 39 Winner Stands Alone

Chapter 27 Word Fights

1.4K 52 27
Autorstwa shachiseth

A/N: they say we should always start with a good and positive note, so I start with a word of gratitude towards all my readers and voters.

So back to not so good note *pouts* *sad face* I was thinking of putting this story in wattys but unfortunately the votes have declined and where my story would reach top 20 places initially, it stood at 20th best position this time.

However I'd like to share that Love Beneath The Darklines's best position at the hotness was 8th once upon a time. Ofcourse the credit goes to YOU, my amazing readers.

So please keep your support blessed to the story.

Please give your feedback if I should put it for wattys? Coz' it involves a lot of effort as the entire story has to be finished by 6th November which is indeed a tough task:)

[Apologies for the long note]

Chapter 27

Word Fights

Shyna's pov

Right when David bounced and gave a jump to hit a 3 point basket, the opponent team played smart by pushing him and earning a 1 point foul penalty, still winning the match.

The crowd went bonkers for the defending team and applauded deafeningly, the cheer girls who were in full support of the defending team displayed a wonderful dance.

Most of the audiences left the stands and rushed to the courts to display their piece of enthusiasm. The crowd was indeed thrilled for a splendid and close fight match of the league.

Although it was the first match of the league but it was quite eventful and entertaining to the audience.

The only person expected to be negatively affected with the match was no where to be seen.

I lost him amongst the enthusiastic crowd. Though the team lost but it had won quite a lot of fans even the captain was popular with the audiences and was busy attending them.

My eyes scanned for the only person who went missing.

I stayed there waiting for him till the last of the group of players and admirers left the court but he was no where to be seen.

After checking him everywhere, in the courts, football ground where I had gone first day and the room unsuccessfully, I started bothering about his absence. I checked it with his team mates who were eager to help even though they were disappointed at his handling the match single handedly because it was the first time I was interacting with them asking the whereabouts of David.

I too had to put in a lot of effort but for David and it was more than four hours since he was missing. Even the coach and management head were no where to be seen as they were busy organizing for the evening bash which they say they have it every day for the entertainment of the participants who won't be practicing that hard on account of their matches. But they confirmed that David was not with them.

Weary and worried about his absence, not that I was scared of being alone but I was concerned about his wellbeing for he is not the one who'd take defeat easily especially when it came at the cost of his inefficient display of the performance in the match, I went to the only place that'd help me ease off my worries.

I went to the gym that I hadn't visited after the day David had spotted me punching the bag till I bled my knuckles. I needed to keep my mind away from stressing too much about David's absence.

I was rather agitated at his sudden disappearance. He should have informed me at least if it was that important.

So I concluded that if he behaves irresponsibly, I too ain't indebted to please him only because he's been sweet and kind to me all the while.

I put on my tights and the hoodie over the nike sports bra which would soon be discarded because I was determined to be harsh and strong on my fitness training.

I was opening and closing my hands strengthening my knuckles stretching them, adrenaline running in my veins as my body mechanism got excited all over again doing the thing I had been doing or feeding my past all these years- rigorous work out.

Internally I was freaking out too. I was aware that once I started with the punching bag those evil smiling faces would come live in front of me and somehow I had started to like these days when they were out of my memories, out of my conscious sight.

I pushed the glass door of the gym cursing the boy with the piercing gray eyes mentally.

Silly I cannot take my mind off him

I tried to call his number for the last time and heard his ring tone from around along with the thudding of the punching bag.

I sighed running towards the combination noise of the thudding and the phone which was still left ignored and unattended.

Happy and thanking to god knows whom I ran towards him and pulled him from whatever smacking he was doing to the punching bag and gave one tight slap on his face.

He stood still shocked at my sudden display of violence, more than that the company that he did not expect.

His eyes were ablaze red due to the mingled emotions of anger, disappointment and frozen tears that hadn't left his eyes and I doubt if they would.

He looked at me for a long while and I too replied him with a stare, my face devoid of any emotions. I wish I could help. I could feel his loss. I understood that he blamed himself for the defeat and this match was important for the team and more than that it was important for him

"I ruined my chance." He managed to speak after a long silence, his shoulder lounging downwards, the confidence in his tone hidden behind the pain.

"The team lost because of me." And he lunged towards me.

I couldn't back up. I let him in. I took him in a hug. I hugged him back tightly, my hands behaving antonym of myself as they went caressing his broad back.

"Hey its okay." I cooed "This was the first match. Everyone did their own set of mistakes and so did you." I started my psychology notes with him.

After few of my counseling words here and there he only felt better when his coach joined in with me telling that his performance was good but yes bad enough not to be recommended by other coaches to bargain him into his team. He also admitted that David had been his favorite since day one and strangely enough his asset of the quality of team work was missing today in the game. But the coach did offer his polite words that he was overreacting and he had a promising future in the game.

''''''''''

"You have no idea how strong you are so next time when you slap someone who hasn't really hurt you be a bit careful" David said moving his palms in circles around the four imprints of my fingers on his cheeks trying to loosen up the tense environment after the coach had left.

I bit my lip feeling sorry for the imprints because I did notice coach staring at them hiding his smirk and "Next time you better inform me before you plan to extract the life out of a punching bag." I answered back and moved out of the strengthening room of the gym making him follow me.

"Look who's speaking." He mocked. I knew he was relating to my encounter with the punching bag but I simply ignored.

''''''''''''''

Next day he was better than before, needless to say he missed the party for he was in no mood to meet his team mates for he felt himself responsible for the team's loss of their first match which was clarified as a futile thought when each and every team mate met him like a normal peers in the morning for fitness.

I guess it had to do a lot of talking by the coach with the other team members.

Today David did his meditation, dressed in his uniform kind of dress and wanted to sit with me. He requested me to help him with my sports counseling thing that Coach had told him was very helpful if he really believed in pep talk.

I was not much into pep talks but I did tell him one thing that he should put himself in his captain's shoes and think which wouldn't be that difficult because he'd been the captain himself quite a lot of times in his home team, how would he being the leader and point guardplayer to play and what would be the best that he'd expect from his team mate who is at power guard position.

He gave a very thoughtful nod and was really amazed at the new dimension of the thoughts that would really help him in the following match.

Excited he kissed me and then his face gave an emotion of fear accumulated with 'what did I do?' looks.

When I did not say anything, I too was shocked at the way I took it easily but it was essential. He needed to relax before the match.

He left for the courts only to stop midway and stare back at me with an amused smile on his face as he murmured "thanks" and walked away.

I felt myself smile even minutes later after he'd left.

The match was a splendid victory with Davidson's team playing superb game and winning with an amazing lead of around 50 points in the league. It was a first time. Though the opponent team was not as difficult as the former one but still bagging a record in the league really meant a lot to the team.

 According to the coach, this would help them in winning some sponsors and the entire team will come under recognition of the selectors. Though Davidson did not bag as many baskets as the team captain but still his contribution in the passes and the crucial points or the most impossible to be taken baskets, he'd did his job well.

Like always we missed the small bash even today and this time we did not go to the same diner. Being the favorite of the coach he did get permission and the gate pas to arrive late but we did leave early too.

When asked he said it was a small surprise for me, a gratitude gesture he was showing for helping him to prepare him mentally to win that match.

It was a wonderful surprise because he did not take me to any freaking pace where guys like to go like a club, bar or a dance club; instead he'd surprised me by taking me to the seaworld, the underwater one where we'd walk parallel with the water animals.

 It was like I was young again. I found out what I was missing out of my life. With my routine of college, gym and back home I moved out for the first time to visit a place like a tourist.

Seaworld; that was a great choice because when he mentioned that he calculated statistics that since I love Spike, I am close to animals and would like to go to a place like this.

It would be ungrateful if I do not admit that I was touched by his thoughtfulness in planning this visit.

He made it a point to reach at the time when we could feed the penguins. He stared at me all the while thinking something and smiling.

Again there was a show of killer whale Shamu which was pretty amazing. He stood by my side sending glances and making sure that I was enjoying every bit of it.

Honestly speaking I really was enjoying after a long time.

Also the Mantra ride was amazing when I was literally dragged into the tube to travel through the ocean and see the water animals in their natural habitat.

He later mused flirtingly that the best part was seeing me in a costume. I really did not feel conscious or offended by his comment. I have no idea why?

Maybe it was not a good idea. If I had knocked him on his balls right then than he wouldn't have been encouraged to force me to buy some pair of normal feminine clothes for myself.

He argued that I do need not hide my $exy body beneath my grand dad's clothes nor do I need to look ugly with that scar for I was strong enough to fight for myself. I was a different and strong Shyna now.

I did like the compliment but Changeover- Was I ready for it....?

I ignored him or acted to ignore him whenever he started on the topic.

I rather preferred to enjoy the amazing world of sea animals.

When we were seated on the roller coaster I just kept my straight face. The ride did not seem to scare me like it did to others who were screaming and shouting on top of their lungs.

When David asked me the reason of my calmness I simply snapped at him saying "I have had worst experiences so a joy ride won't bother."

His face turned into a grimace but he immediately retorted "I know you aren't scared but let yourself loose, just shout. Even if you are not scared shout. Clear out your inner self, shout your lungs you'll feel better." And then he smiled as if he said nothing big. That innocent smile of his like a baby's

And I shouted.... Loud....

''''''''''''

Davidson's team won all the matches after that except the final one with the defending champions. The Finals was a close one but I guess his team mates were too negative or too scared that they did not believe in their victory. While David tried hard, the captain always made mistakes in converting the basket into a miss. Finally in last ten minutes he'd give the charge to David giving him the forward position and he swapped into David's.

David tried his best and equaled the scores but it was a bit too late as the opponent team had gotten far too aggressive and confident but team winning the league but Davidson's team wasn't bad with second position in the league which according to he sports journalist was a major jump from last years 5th position.

He had a day off before we would leave for Las Vegas for the next set of league matches there. They were more important according to the coach especially for David as he had high expectations from him. He also mockingly encouraged him that he wanted him to earn first position for his team there.

So we took the opportunity to use the day for sight seeing and he surfed the net to find all the places of interest in the city and made it a point to get the most of it.

We went for an hour's boat ride to explore the life and the beauty of the city. He also took me one of the best fire shows named wildfire' where sky was filled with amazing sparklers and the innovations behind the crackers were amazing.

It was so good that by the end of the evening my neck started hurting looking up.

The most thrilling experience was exotic driving where we could choose from Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Porsche and Audi.

I went for a red Ferrari where in David went for Aston martin because he liked the shiny black metal of the car. He caressed the car before he'd buckle the helmet on his head.

Typically guy like.

The thrill of the speed was euphoric. It was running faster than my thoughts. Rather my life was speeding fast. It was running away from my dark lines. David stood like a torch at the end of the dark hole where I stood directing me away from my past memories. I slid away the facts and figures and was eager to jump out and see that enigmatic smile on David's face that I am sure would be there after this thrilling ride.

And I was right, there he stood with his beaming grays, the perfect curve on his lips and the relaxed shoulders as he stood leaning on the boundary, one leg crossed over another waiting for me.

He is not able to contain his excitement as he wants me to run towards him and share his experience.

When I took more time than his patience he brisked towards me "Amazing" he nodded his head. "I loved it, the speed, the car, the thrill, sprinting with the wind. Wow!!!" he exclaimed breathlessly then asking waiting for a same enthusiastic response from me but I could only reply "It was okay".

His face lost his charm for a while making me feel guilty but he was back again to his babbling self "I knew my black was better than yours, Aston martin, you should have tried it." And on went his babbling on and on and I patiently listened to him. That curve on my lips stayed for a long time making my jaw ache. I wasn't used to that kind of exercise, my smile muscles had been unused since years and now they were overexerted and were paining so was my butt with this boy along who is nothing but pain in the ass, cute but pain in the ass and the worst thing is I cannot try my fighting skills on him. I like him, his touch and his irritating ramblings which failed to irritate me any longer. Truly speaking I was enjoying his company, his normalcy, his jerkiness everything.

Las Vegas was amazing as we landed on the airport, the brisk sun rays fell on David's sunglass and they shone like embedded diamonds while it made me squint as I didn't had any. The entertainment capital of the world lived up to its name as the busy streets were swarming with people of fancied style and clothing. The tourists who landed along with us were rubbing their palms breathing in the timid weather which was a bit hot too excited to do what they were here for.

The rooms of the dorms here too were okay and this time David did not try a different room for me. I guess it was no longer needed as since after the night I disclosed him my past, he's been sleeping more over me and less on the mattress of our room.

One night I did try to skip the bed and sleep on the floor when he fell asleep but within an hour he was sleeping all over me on the floor and would sleep talk 'let me sleep, I am tired' I would sigh and let him be.

By now everybody is comfortable with my presence. Though nobody bothers to interact with me but they do not oppose my presence too.

They tease him with me as his girlfriend which he politely denies.

Poor souls have no idea that I would never be his girlfriend. I am broken, used and dirty. He is an amazing person on earth and deserves a much better girl who'd not be carrying a baggage and would love him till eternity.

Also I do not want him to end up with whores and selfish girlfriends of his like Caira and Cassie.

The first day was a small warm up session in the morning where all the boys were introduced with the places around. There were a lot of courts around 18 of them in the vicinity.

The enormous football ground is fenced from all the sides with walls painted with neon colours. They gleam in the dark with their fluorescent chemicals adding to the city of lights. The gym looked like it was from year 3000+ with plenty of new and innovative machineries and equipments.

There was an aura of enthusiasm in the surrounding with all the teams being geared up and ready for the next level of challenges.

We were planning for our evening for sight seeing when coach interrupted us landing up in our room personally and instructing David to attend the parties held for the players.

"It is a must for you Davidson. We have great influential guests who are always hunting for potential upcoming players." said Coach Malco.

He also patted on his shoulder saying "After ages I have come across a student that I am proud to train and I see a real spark in you. Just pick the right attitude." His eyes only spoke of pride and expectations.

"David will be there at the party tonight." I promised on his behalf earning a broad smile from Coach Malco.

It's been three hours since Coach Malco left our room and after that heated argument with David.

I had tried in all my best spirits to maintain my sobriety and maintain a healthy atmosphere for his game but today he is asking too much.

Silly, stupid and arrogant guy wants me to join him for the party tonight dressed in that silly dress that he bought for me from one of the stores in Orlando during our sight seeing.

When he shouted that I was being mean and selfish not joining him for the party.

"All you are bothered about is you and your past. You enjoy living the tragedies that you for see the opportunities.' He threw his hands in the air with frustration "you are simply blind folding yourself to the brightness, so addicted to hide in your black hole darkness."

"Suit yourself." I spat angrily "The only reason you can justify your words is that you are the same breed. You are same Male character "MAN" and you are the species that rape and you f##kingly belong to that category" I answered, temper rising in me to an extent of blowing flames out from my ears.

"SHYNA" he shouted holding me tightly "I am not one of those. I won't ever do what those b@st@rds did. Ever...

and you know what I feel. I feel cheated. I feel defeated.. How low you think of me. From all the days that you stayed with me, I thought we were friends but when you say you think I am one of the kinds who can RAPE" he finished his venomous words, his eyes and tone full of pain and walked out of the room....

I went overboard. He was hurt. I was in pain but that pain was nothing compared to the one I was feeling now.

He was always kind and good to me but I being what I am screwed it all. I have no idea how to solve the mess.

How rightly it is said that harsh words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.

But the thing is how do I mend things up?

How do I take my words back?

Shall I accept going to the party?

Or shall I leave him to himself? He knew that my friendship came with asterisk. I was never alone. I always carried a baggage...

But is my suffering, my dark lines worth bargained with David's career??????......

A/N: So guys what do you think?

         Will she make up to him?

                         Or

         Davidson would take the initiative once again?

Will she go to the party with him or pack her bags for back home?

Your view and comments are extremely important!!!!

And sorry for the begging.. But 

Please! Please! Please! Please! Please VOTE if you like the story:)

Pic of seaworld, Orlando on the right....

And youtube of the racing cars

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

810K 43.3K 85
"What do you mean I was gifted to you?" "It is not good to eavesdrop but you heard it right. You are a gift that was forcefully imposed on me." "Y-Yo...
16.9K 676 34
Zana Mccarthy is a bad girl with a reputation to scare, but she does a good job of balancing the good, the bad and the ugly in her life. But this all...
207 28 17
Cynthia Oberoi, the treasure of her mother's secrets and a threat to the whole world. She has a bad past, which made her cold and arrogant. But deep...
156K 12.9K 74
#1 in twistsandturns on 29/09/23 𝑨𝒀𝑬𝑺𝑯𝑨 𝑨𝑮𝑵𝑰𝑯𝑶𝑻𝑹𝑰 an Advocate. Fierce. Powerful. Intelligent. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Selfless? No, she's...