Is It Love? *Vkook Fanfic*

By xlovexshots

Taehyung and Jungkook have been friends since elementary. They're always together, but when Jungkook starts h... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen I FINAL CHAPTER
*not an update*

Chapter Fourteen

52.2K 1.5K 5.5K
By xlovexshots

Jungkook POV

Taehyung left. He didn't even say goodbye. He said goodbye to Hoseok. But not me.

Ha! You're so naïve, Jungkook! You thought he actually liked you?

Well...he did all those things, even when I was asleep...

He's just playing with you! Using you to forget his feelings for Hoseok, I bet that's what it is!

No...you're lying.

Am I?

I watched as they talked. I watched as they walked and laughed together. I saw it all. Taehyung looks so genuinely happy when Hoseok smiles. Who wouldn't, right? He looks so much happier with Hoseok than when he hangs out around me. I know that. He's happier with Hoseok than I could ever make him.

I thought about that when we were at the movies. I thought about me and Taehyung. I thought about Taehyung and Hoseok. I even thought about me and Jimin... (A/N: Kookie you slut)

I wanted to go home right after the movie ended. I wanted to think in silence and in privacy. I want to leave...

But Jimin and Hoseok still wanted to hang out together. So Jimin dropped me off at my house and he left to God knows where with Hoseok. He chose Hoseok over me. Why is Hoseok stealing everyone I love?

No, Jungkook. You mustn't think that way. Hoseok is a great guy and you know that. Don't pin your anger on him for no reason.

I do have a reason. He took Taehyung.

He never took him away. Maybe if you pay attention you'll see that Taehyung looks at you way more than Hoseok. But you've been too blind with jealousy to notice.

Don't bring my hopes up, I'm hurt enough as it is...

I unlocked the door and went up to my room. On the way I found a note from my mom saying she was at a friends' house.

I laid in bed and looked up at the ceiling. I wondered if ignoring Taehyung until I sorted out my feelings was the right thing. In that time, what if I actually realized that I liked him? And what if he had already gotten over me since we weren't talking?

Dammit, Jimin...come home quick. I need someone to talk to...

Frustrated, I picked up my phone and just watched whatever came up first on my YouTube home page first. I don't even know exactly when I fell asleep, but when I woke up Jimin was sitting on the bed in front of me.

"You finally woke up." He smiled.

"What time is it," I asked as I sat up.

"Eight o'clock. Barely." He went back to typing on his phone.

"Who are you texting?" I asked, trying to get a closer look at his phone.

Jimin pulled away and faced the screen away from me. "No one, its nobody." Light blush forming on his cheeks.

"Awwww," I teased," Is it Yoongi? Did he finally text you back?"

"N-no, its Hoseok...and what do you mean 'finally'?!" He screamed.

"Sorry, sorry," I laughed. He laughed. We laughed together. It felt good after a day full of jealousy and disappointment. But I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

It has to be, right?

-

Jimin POV

Today was...interesting. I enrolled in school. I'm excited about that.  I get to be in the same class as Jungkookie and Taehyung! I'm honestly amazed at how fast I made friends in a country I've never been to. I already know Taehyung and Hoseok, so I wonder who I will meet next.

Today, when I saw Taehyung talking to Jungkook and getting straight-out ignored, it sort of hurt me, too. Taehyung is such a great guy and I know he likes Jungkook. And Jungkook likes him too! Even I can tell you that. So, why is he being so mean to him?

I wish I could ask Jungkook about it, but... I don't know. I just feel like he wouldn't talk about his personal life with me. I haven't known him for too long anyway.

Since I could tell he was bummed for whatever reason I left him home on his own. I still want to get to know Hoseok better. Usually, I wouldn't leave Jungkook alone for the world, but Hoseok... I just felt a strange urge to talk to him more. We walked around the park and took pictures together. He even bought me ice cream and drove me home. Could it be considered a date?

No no no

I already have Yoongi. Although...he hasn't messaged me in a while. So I admit it kind of hurt when Jungkook brought him up out of nowhere. Honestly, this crush I have on Yoongi has been going on for too long. And I'm not even sure if he likes me at all. But I'll keep holding on. At least until I get a decent answer. I've asked countless of times if he liked me, but he never gives a whole-hearted answer.

Its always something like  Ha..that's cute  or  I don't think you can handle my swag.

So at least while I'm in Korea I might as well try to forget about him. Taehyung is a nice guy, but he's already reserved for Jungkook. I'll make sure those two end up together. Then...Hoseok. He's  nice. And funny and cute. And he gives you that protective feeling. Yes...for now, Hoseok is fine.

I heard from Taehyung that Hoseok is looking for a roommate. I've actually been considering moving in with him as I stay in Korea. After all, I can't keep living off of Jungkook forever. Besides, Hoseok will take care of me. He said he would.

He really is  a great guy.

-----

THE NEXT DAY- Jungkook POV

I woke up to the sound of someone shuffling around in my room. "Jimin," I asked tiredly, "What are you doing?"

"Getting ready for school obviously! Its my first day, I have to make good impresions."

"Oh, right." I forgot it was a school day. I forgot we still had school. Damn. I don't feel like going. Taehyung might be there...

But didn't you say you were going to stop ignoring him?

I still need time...

No. Time's up, you've had enough of it.

I just don't feel like getting up...

"Jungkookie, you should get dressed too." Jimin suggested as he buttoned up his shirt.

"Oh alright then." I guess I have to.

---

Taehyung POV

I sat alone in the classroom. Nobody else was here. Well, it was early after all. Usually Jungkook would already be here too, and we'd be talking and laughing until the teacher arrived.

But I know it wont be like that today. Lately, he's been ignoring me. He's acted like this in the past but never to this extent. He reads my messages and doesn't respond, he doesn't answer my calls and whenever I try to approach him he leaves as soon as there's a chance.

Were my actions really worthy of this treatment? I mean, sure it was bad timing but it wasn't anything to lose contact with people over. 

Alright, Jungkook. I see how it is.

I don't want to do this. I really don't. But for Jungkook, I'll do anything. If he ignores me, he has a right to do so. So I won't make him uncomfortable anymore. I'll leave you alone. And I'll wait until you're ready to be friends again.

--

Third Person POV

Taehyung, depressed over what he was going to have to deal with for quite a while, sat in his seat with his head down. He didn't look up.

The rest of his classmates came in one by one. Jungkook was one of the last ones to arrive. But he wasn't alone. Jimin was laughing and smiling by his side. When Jungkook sat in his spot Jimin sat in the empty seat behind him. So he turned around and they kept talking and they kept laughing. Taehyung secretly eaves-dropped on their conversations. Useless banter, he thought, Jungkook doesn't seem to ignore Jimin at all.

On the contrary, it was as if Jimin and Jungkook have been friends for years. It seemed like they were closer than Taehyung and Jungkook ever were. Perhaps, Taehyung thought, I've been replaced?

-----

Class went by slowly for Taehyung. Class went by fast for the new best friends. Taehyung could feel Jimin looking at him at random moments during the teacher's lecture. But it didn't matter. He only cared if Jungkook  looked his way. Nobody else mattered. But he didn't look at him. Not once. Taehyung did the same. It took a lot of strength not to turn his head slightly to the left to look at the beautiful bunny boy.

You can do this, Taehyung. He thought to himself. This is all for Jungkook. You can manage this much. I know you can, you've done much more before. So why is this so hard for you?

It was hard for him to try to ignore the boy of his dreams. It was so difficult he could hardly bear it. But he had to. He didn't want to make Jungkook more uncomfortable than what he had already managed. It hadn't even been more than 5 hours but Taehyung felt as if he couldn't do it anymore.

But he did. He kept going. He didn't look, talk or smile at Jungkook for the whole school day. It was a slow and painful day most definetly, but he made it. He should feel proud. One day was done with. It could only get easier. But he doesn't feel a sense of satisfaction or relief. He feels empty.

Jungkook...what are you doing to me?

---

Jungkook POV *lunch break*

"Jimin," I leaned across the desk to talk to him closer," Do you think Taehyung is acting strange?"

"He's always strange. What's your point?" He chewed on his sandwich.

"I mean...do you think he's not acting as strange as usual?"

"Now that you mention it..."

"What do you think is wrong?"

"Oh, I don't think, I know  what's wrong." He pointed out.

"Okay, so what's wrong with him?"

"Not telling."

"What? Hyung, come on," I whined.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Don't worry I'll tell you."

"Okay so do it."

"When we get home."

"Wha- that's-," I was interrupted by Jimin shushing me. At first I didn't know why, but I obeyed. A little later Taehyung sat at his seat next to mine and both Jimin and I remained silent. He didn't overhear us did he?

I wanted to talk to him. I really did. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it for a while. More than 10 minutes passed when I finally dug up the courage to talk to him. But as soon as I was about  to he got up and left again. Before, he went to the restroom. Now, I have no idea where he's off to.

Well, there goes my chance.

----

Third Person POV   *A couple hours later*

Jungkook and Jimin walked home together. They didn't talk. Jungkook was too busy thinking about Taehyung to speak. And Jimin was too busy texting Hoseok about some little kid's show. Jungkook didn't feel well. He didn't feel fine before, but now it was much worse. What's wrong with Taehyung? Did I do something? I don't remember doing anything. He was so talkative last time we saw each other but now...

Is it because I've been hanging out with Jimin too much? No, Taehyung isn't the type to do something like this for a reason like that. Besides, I already explained to him that I didn't have any feelings for him. Unlike the feelings Taehyung might or might not have for Hoseok.

What if the reason he's not talking is because he's too busy with Hoseok? That might be it. Maybe Hoseok told him not to talk to me because he thought I was a threat? Ha, no way... I'm no threat. I'm nothing compared to Hoseok or anyone else. I'm foolish to think Taehyung might even like me.

Before long Jungkook and Jimin arrived at their house. Jimin grabbed some snacks on the way to their room and waved hello to Mrs. Jeon.

Jungkook automatically threw his stuff on the ground and laid in bed on his back. He covered his face with his hands and checked his phone for any new messages from Taehyung. None.

"Aish." He whined as he threw his phone right next to his school stuff.

"What's wrong?" Jimin asked him as he sat on the chair next to the bed while eating chips.

"Honestly...I don't know." Jungkook sat up and smiled at the ground.

"You look awful. Like you're about to cry."

"I'm...fine." He lied.

Jimin sat in front of Jungkook and looked at the top of his head. "It's Taehyung isn't it?"

"No...," He paused for a second before changing his answer. "Yes."

"What did he do to you?" Jimin's voice suddenly grew stern.

"Nothing. That's the problem."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean..." Jungkook sighed and sat up correctly. "He hasn't talked to me in a while. I was just wondering why."

"Oh."

"Wait..." Jungkook raised his head to look at Jimin directly in the eye. "You said you knew, right? Why he was acting strange?"

"I do."

"Tell me."

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes."

"Alright...but don't feel bad when I tell you."

"Of course."

"The reason Taehyung is ignoring you is, well I think. It's because you were ignoring him. And he doesn't want to make anything worse. I think."

"What?" Jungkook was genuinely shocked. He had only been avoiding him for a small amount of time. And it was so he could sort out his feelings. There's nothing wrong with that.

But...Jungkook thought. He is really sensitive sometimes. And he always tries to do what's most convenient for me and not him. Was he really doing this for me?

"That's..."

"What?"

"I haven't been ignoring him. I tried to talk to him today. He's the one ignoring me." Jungkook defended himself. Why am I so selfish?

"Jungkook, as much as I like you I have to say I think this is your fault."

"My fault?" He wanted to be angry at him. He wanted to lash out his frustrations on Jimin but he knew nothing would come of it. It wouldn't make him feel better either.

"Don't be upset when I tell you but, I've seen the way you've been acting around Taehyung. He tries to talk to you but you don't give him a chance. You walk away as if he wasn't even there."

Do I really act like that?

"You didn't act like this before. A week ago you weren't like this. Did something happen between you that made you act like that?"

Jungkook didn't want to tell him about the kiss and the encounter with the old guy.

"I don't know. I saw him with Hoseok and I just... I can't explain. I don't know why I'm acting like this."

Well...at least its not a complete lie.

"Is that what's wrong?"

"Yes."

"Jungkook, don't you understand?"

"Understand what?"

"Jungkook, I've seen the way you look at each other. I've heard you laughing and talking together. You must be more naïve than I thought if you haven't realized yourself yet."

"What? What is it?"

"You really have no idea?"

"No."

Jimin sighed. "To think I have to be the one to tell you this," he mumbled to himself. "You like Taehyung."

"What?! That's crazy, you're crazy."

"I'm serious." Jimin stated.

"Really?" Jungkook hesitated for a moment. "But...I cant."

"Why not?"

"Taehyung is my best friend. We've been together forever so why..."

"I cant tell you how you feel."

"But you just did! Agh," Jungkook was frustrated and confused. This was obviously not the first time the thought that he might like his best friend crossed his mind. But for some reason he felt like he had to pretend it was all new to him.

"I cant like him. I just cant."

"Why? Taehyung is a good kid. He's kind and funny. I'm sure he'd make you happy."

"No...that's not it. What about Hoseok?"

Jimin blushed lightly at the mention of Hoseok's name. "W-what about him?"

"Doesn't Taehyung like him? I was pretty sure he did..." Jungkook looked down.

"You're crazy."

"What?"

"Taehyung has no feelings for Hoseok. And Hoseok has no feelings for Taehyung."

"How are you so sure about that?"

"Trust me. Please don't see him as a threat."

"Okay then."

----

Taehyung POV *three weeks later, Friday*

I feel awful. Heartless, emotionless. I feel empty. Who knew liking Jungkook was going to be this hard?

I changed so much in the past couple weeks. For the worse. I haven't been eating correctly, I stopped talking to everyone and I've stopped smiling.

Half of me feels like I'm exaggerating and should just let things with Jungkook happen naturally. But the other half tells me to be depressed because I know Jungkook could never return my feelings. I realize that. My other half is right. There's no point in trying to win over Jungkook. It can't happen. My best bet is to just ignore him completely and wait until my feelings have passed.

But the feelings haven't gone away. In fact, I feel like they're getting stronger. If this continues I'll never be able to get over him.

But I've been fighting it. With a little help from a friend. I wouldn't exactly call him a friend. We hardly know each other.

At the beginning of the semester he confessed to me. But I turned him down. What a better time to use him than this?

I admit, I felt guilty at first. I didn't like deceiving some poor guy into thinking I liked him. Now, I couldn't care less. And that bothers me. That I don't care about anyone's feelings anymore. But it helps. Jungkook is slowly reverting back to what I thought about him before we properly met, just one of the people who I go to school with. Nothing more.

Me and my 'friend' meet everyday at lunch in the janitor's closet. When i'm with him, I just let him do whatever he wants to me. To my body. I don't care. Its okay because I know he does it with love. That's something I haven't gotten from anyone else. Everyone else has already distanced themselves from me. So he's the only one I have left. I don't care what he does, as long as he helps me forget the people I used to know.

-------

Third Person POV

"There he goes again," Jimin mumbled to Jungkook. "Why don't you talk to him?"

"I...cant."

"You've been saying that for almost a month and you've done nothing to close the gap between you and Taehyung."

"I'm sorry. Its just... I feel like its not Taehyung anymore."

Jimin leaned in closer. "You still like him, right?"

"I cant stop thinking about him."

"I can tell. Your grades reflect that."

"Jimin..."

"Yeah?"

"What do you think he does everyday at lunch? He leaves immediately and comes back 5 minutes after class has started."

"I don't know."

"You... you don't think he has a lover do you?"

"No, I don't."

Jungkook sighed.

"Eat. Apart from your grades your health is also declining. You shouldn't let him do this to you."

"You're right, I'm sorry."

"Go on, eat. I have to go to the restroom." Jimin stood up from his seat.

"Hurry back."

"I will."

But Jimin didn't go to the restroom. He was determined to find out what Taehyung has been doing all this time. He walked around the hallway and went inside classrooms looking for him. He asked passing students and teachers if they knew where he was, but no one had seen him. 

Frustrated, and realizing he had spent more than 10 minutes looking for him, Jimin decided to go back to Jungkook. When he turned the corner, passing the janitor's closet, he heard noises. Small moans and objects falling on the floor. Things banging against the walls.

Jimin held the doorknob and when he realized it was unlocked he opened the door the smallest bit. He gasped when he saw what was inside. More specifically, who was inside.

Taehyung and a guy he didn't recognize.

Tae was pushing the guy against the wall and kissing him roughly. But the guy didn't seem to mind. He moaned in pleasure when Taehyung placed his thigh in between his legs and groped his butt.

Taehyung wasn't wearing his uniform coat and the other guy's shirt was unbuttoned halfway, revealing a muscular chest and half a defined 4-pack.

When the other guy opened his mouth to breath Tae's tongue invaded the space. His moans turned louder, but apparently not loud enough for anyone else to have discovered them there.

Anger boiled inside of Jimin. All this time, this is what he was doing. The whole time that Jungkook looked and acted like a mess because of him, this is what he does.

Jimin slammed the door open and pulled Taehyung away from the other guy before they could continue. He pulled his collar so he was closer to him and yelled in his face.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

Taehyung turned to the guy buttoning up his shirt hastily and said, "Go."

Once he was gone Jimin threw a punch at his face. Then another one. And one more. Jimin pushed him against the wall and kept screaming at him.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! All this time, this is what you've been doing?! Do you have any respect for yourself?!"

Taehyung nudged him away and touched his bruised cheek. "No. I don't."

"What happened to you, man? You used to be so different!"

"People change, Jimin," Taehyung snapped.

"Jungkookie was right. You really aren't his friend anymore."

Suddenly, their positions swapped and Taehyung was the one pinning Jimin to the wall. "You don't have the right to call him that. Don't mention him in front of me again. Got it?" He released Jimin and he fell sitting on the floor.

When Taehyung tried to walk away something caught him by the ankle. "Wait." Said Jimin.

"What?" He didn't even turn around to look at him.

"Meet me at the park at six."

"Why should I?"

"Please."

Taehyung turned to see a clearly scared Jimin. He sighed and walked away from him. He wasn't seen for the rest of the day.

Jimin went back to his classroom, realizing Jungkook should be worried that he missed almost all of the lunch period.

He walked into the classroom, a bit dazed and confused and scared about what happened earlier. He saw Jungkook talking to another classmate. Which made him glad that at least he didn't spend it alone.

When he sat down Jungkook started to ask questions.

"Hyung, where were you? You took so long I was getting worried."

Jimin broke out of his daze and answered. "Oh, I got a phone call from my parents asking how I was doing." He nervously laughed. Such an obvious lie.

"Oh, okay then."

"Yeah."

Class started. There was an empty seat next to Jungkook. Taehyung's seat. He never came back from the encounter with Jimin.

I wouldn't want to be at school  if I got caught like that either, Jimin thought.

Soon school was over and Jungkook and Jimin walked home. They stopped by the ice cream shop, an attempt by Jimin to try to cheer both himself and Jungkook up. It had a small effect.

They went to Jungkook's house and played video games for a while. When it was around 5:30 Jimin started to leave.

"Where are you going?"

"Uh...meeting a friend."

"Can I come, I'm bored."

"No..."

"Why- wait a minute..." Jungkook looked at him from across the room. "Do you have a date?" He asked semi-excitedly.

"What? No!"

"So I can come, then?"

"Uhhh..." The only way to make sure he doesn't find out is for him to think this is a date. Just lie your way through. Its not like its something he should know about anyway. "Yeah, you caught me, I'm going on a date so don't interfere!"

"Oooh. With who?"

"Ehhhh..." Crap. I didn't think this far.

Jungkook snapped his fingers. "I know."

"Y-you do?"

"Yep...Its Hoseok isn't it ?" Jimin blushed. "I knew it! That's why you told me not to worry about him. I'm happy for you two!" He smiled.

Wow. We haven't seen Jungkook smile for a while. Maybe its best that he believes your lies.

"Sooo," Jungkook teased. "How far have you gone????" *suggestive smirking*

"A-as much as I'd like to tell you all about my personal life, if I don't leave now I might be late." He opened the door.

"Have fun! Tell me all about your date when you get back!" He screamed after him.

"I will." He left.

------

Jimin POV

Its Saturday. Jungkook is out shopping with his mom for groceries but I decided to stay at home.

Yesterday, I met up with Taehyung. I talked to him, and he talked to me. I told him about how much Jungkook was suffering because of him. And how much I personally suffered because my friend wasn't the same without Taehyung in his life.

But he told me his side of the story too. He admitted that he really liked Jungkook, and he felt that the only way to be friends again was to ignore him for a while. Which turned out longer than what we all thought. He also said that the guy I caught him with wasn't anyone special. Just someone he pulled into this conflict by his own selfishness.

I know just hearing him saying those words shouldn't make me want to forgive him, but I have. I knew all along that he was hurting too, so I have to pity him. Besides, if Jungkook likes him, I do as well.

We're planning to meet again later today, he says it's been a while since he's had someone to talk to, so I want to be there for him. I've been trying to encourage him to talk to Jungkook, since I know Jungkook will clearly not make the first move. I'm still not sure if its wrong for me to interfere, but I want to help them both. They are my friends after all.

Also, Jungkook still thinks I'm going on another date with Hoseok tonight. I don't have the courage to tell him the truth, since I know he'll misunderstand. I'll tell him whenever they get together. I managed to avoid giving too much information about my "relationship" with "Hoseok" when he asked about it yesterday. But I don't think I can make this stuff up without it sounding too suspicious. Him trying to talk to Hoseok might also ruin my plan, but I doubt he will. Since he hated Hoseok before he thought I was dating him I don't think he has any way to contact him.

I just hope everything will turn out okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been wondering, is it confusing when I switch the past and present tense? I hope not.

Comment who your fav ship in Bangtan is!
Mine is VKook (obviously)

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 164 38
Jimin and Taehyung are best friends and soulmates. They met each other when Jimin almost died, and Taehyung save him. Since then, they have been thin...
19 0 19
After the war ended, everyone went their own ways. Jin is supposed to be dead, Jimin and Taehyung are living together, Suga is producing music and Na...
2K 41 20
❝that's what happened, huh? it's okay, jungkook just admit you love him❞ ...
39.5K 1.2K 27
My life has been a serious of failed relationships and heartbreaks. Somehow, every guy I date, ends up leaving me. Thank God I have Taehyung, my be...