Hush, Howl (Complete and Edit...

By MyLovelyWriter

More

Prologue - Edited
{1} Chapter - Edited
{2} Chapter - Edited
{3} Chapter - Edited
{4} Chapter - Edited
{6} Chapter - Edited
{7-1} Chapter - Edited
{7-2} Chapter - Edited
{8} Chapter - Edited
{9} Chapter - Edited
{10} Resistance - Edited
{11} Chapter - Edited
{12} Chapter - Edited
{13} Chapter - Edited
{14} Chapter - Edited
{15 - Christmas Bonus} Chapter - Edited
{16} Chapter - Edited
{17} Chapter - Edited
{18 - 1} Chapter
{18 - 2} Chapter
Bonus Chapter
{19} Chapter
{20} Chapter
{21} Chapter
{22} Chapter
{23} Chapter
{24} Chapter
{25} Chapter
{26} Chapter
{27} Chapter
{28} Chapter
{29} Chapter
EPILOGUE - Edited
SEQUEL. YES, OR NO?
SHATTERED SILENCE - SNEAK PEEK
{Prologue} Shattered Silence
SEQUEL RELEASED!

{5} Chapter - Edited

297K 4.5K 354
By MyLovelyWriter

Hush, Howl {5}

         My father swerved the car to the side, trying to regain control. My mother hugged me tightly in her arms while she shielded my vision from the ongoing event. I can feel the direction in which we are going, but I can't see what was happening.

           "Get Sapphire out of the car!" I heard my father say, his voice tight and full of urgency.

           Even before I know it, I was practically thrown out of the window and was sent rolling incessantly on the ground. I recieved a sharp pain, slicing through my body as I landed on my back. I would cry because of how harsh my mother did to me. But after all, I can feel her trying to be as gentle as possible. I struggled to get on my feet, but as I did, I spotted my parent's car crashing through the protective fences of the road. They flew of the cliff and the car fell, crashing against the steep slopes. The deafening sounds of my mother's scream mingled along with the sharp ring of the clashing and crushing metals. I stumbled on my small feet, stood up and ran towards the corner of the cliff, sobbing as tears continuously strolled down my cheeks.

           There was a balcony-shaped layer of rocks sticking out from the cliff. That was where my parents' car fell. I could feel myself sobbing at the sight of their car tipping over the edge. The car was halfway to falling, the tail sticking out first. 

         "Mama! Papa!" I yelled, eventually sliding down the dirt. I didn't care if my bright, green dress was stained with grime. All I care about now are my parents. The car was severely damaged, smashed at all possible parts and the shattered glasses of the window that lay among the grass added a horrifying scene.

         I reached for the knob and pulled the door open. It came crashing down my feet, making me stumble backwards in surprise. I felt my heart lodge to my throat as the car slid a few inches back towards the edge. The car groaned lowly.

         The sight of my parent's body lying on the crushed leather seat came to my view, making me scream and cry even louder. I grabbed a part of the car and tried hard pulling it back up to a safe ground. But I was too weak. I realized I still have injuries myself. But they are nowhere from severe.

           When I realized I can do nothing but suspend the car from falling off the cliff, I came to my mother's side and cried over her limp form. "Mama!" I shook my mother's shoulder to get her to wake, but the lower part of her body appeared to be trapped between two crushed objects. "Mama." I muttered in a low voice, my throat tight from crying.

         Her eyes parted but only in a small gap.

         A smile broke into her face and her hand reached for my cheeks. Her thumb caressed me affectionately. "Remember what I always tell you, hon." She told me. "Never give up hope and always believe in yourself. Someday, you'll be just great. Even without us, you're going to have a bright future." A tear strolled down her cheeks. That tear which is the last that I'll ever see. Her hand dropped beside her, a sign that the life is leaving her body. The color drained from her face and her head dropped to her shoulder.

         I cried . . .

         I cried so much I can feel my eyes getting sore. My wails rang across the wide-open sky, a sharp pain piercing my heart as I thought of my parents leaving me alone in this world. They are the most important persons I treasured the most. And they will always be. 

         It was all a mere dream.

         I sat right up on my bed and mouthed my mother's name, though no words came out from my mouth. Sweat trickled down my forehead and strolled down my face. My breathing was ragged, my chest rising and dropping. I can feel my heart pound incessantly, unusually fast. I felt the tears edging from the corner of my eyes and trickling down my cheeks.

         All simple signs of nightmare.

         I cleared the sweat off my forehead and wiped off my slick hands with the end of my top. I tilted my head to the side and earned a good view of the clock. The numbers were glowing about four in the morning. I fell back down on my bed as I looked up at the ceiling.

         I closed my eyes, trying to get some sleep. I clearly didn't get enough rest from last night. Having yourself stay up late really isn’t helping when you wake up earlier in the morning than the usual.

         A massive headache pounded between my eyes, making me sigh in frustration. I rubbed my temples and forced my sleepy bum out of bed. Throwing my feet to the ground, I was greeted by the warm, fluffy carpet the covered the floor of bedroom. I rubbed my eyes and yawned wide. Edging towards the corner of my bed, I let my arms drop beside me and my hands hit something cold and hard. I grabbed what felt like metallic, long, thin piece of material.         

         The sight of my flute bulged in front of my eyes and I can’t help but smack my forehead for the irresponsibility of placing it back to where it came from. I switched on the radio on my bedside table and the shrilly voice of a weather reporter deafeningly greeted my now half-bleeding ears. She was stating something about having the winter holiday starting today and that we should wrap some warm sweaters to keep us warm. She forecasted something about possibly having hale start about this weekend or later.

         Seeming that this will be one busy morning, I sauntered groggily towards the bathroom and stripped off my clothes. Grabbing a neatly folded towel and hanging it on a rack, I swung it over my shoulder. I lazily hopped into the bathtub and turned on the shower, causing the water to whoosh down from the command.

         I regretted the reason why I didn’t even check the temperature. The water was extremely cold that my teeth chattered under the freezing temperature. I should’ve paid more attention. Cold weather for goodness sake! I rushed my bath, scrubbed the necessary part of my body and washed my hair. I rinsed myself as fast as possible. I immediately hopped out of the shower and wrapped the warm, fluffy towel around me.

         I walked out of the bathroom and eventually dropped to my usual routine after waking up in the morning. I rummaged through my dresser and pulled out a black tank top, followed by my favorite multi stitch coat that Aunt Farris got me for my last birthday.

         Don’t blame me with that decision, Christmas is nearly a month away and the cold season was starting to visit South Carolina. I wish we’ll be having white snow this year.

         I pulled out a pair of skinny jeans and slipped them on, followed by a pair of simple, black boots that reached my ankles. 

         This should do it.

         I raked my comb through my hair numerous times before placing a beret on top of my head and wrapping a black, silky scarf. I wrapped it around my neck to keep me warm.

         I skipped towards my bed and took hold of my flute. This morning, I will play. The dream I so happen to have most likely gave a depressed feeling inside me. The flute, the quietness, and the tranquil forest served as my sanctuary.

         I slowly trudged downstairs and left the house without a word. Well, I can't really speak, can I?

         As I opened the door out into the wilderness, the cold winter air greeted me with its furious howl. I shuddered under the coldness and tucked my bare hands into the pockets of my purple coat. I walked towards the forest, the damp soil crumbling under my boots. Once I entered the thick layer of trees, peace and utter quietness greeted me. A sigh escaped my lips, though darkness still traveled within the forest, the bright rays coming from the sun are already peeking from the horizon.

         After reaching the clearing, I sat down to my usual place. An old tree stump which I always find comfortable. I crossed my ankles over the other and started blowing through the lip plate. I let my fingers travel over the right places—the melody fluidly escaped my instrument. My eyes closed, listening and focusing intently on the tune. 

         The incessant rustling of leaves on the branches of the trees mingled with the chirping birds. I finally felt at peace. It was only a sense of communication between me and the flute. This was a voiceless message, but symphonic tune. All of my emotions and feelings can be heard and felt through this symphony.

Darren

         The hypnotic tune blared on my sensitive ears, making my eyes flutter open in alert. Ignoring the groggy feeling in my eyes, I hopped out of bed and jumped out of the window.

         I didn't care if I was only in my boxers. I've been having a hard time getting some sleep since the last night. I would eventually fall asleep, but then wake up again. The tune was really getting on my nerves despite the fact that it brought some eerie feeling of peace and sense of calmness through me. Although I could feel the emotion in it, sadness . . . a small amount of anger, but other than that it was gentle.

         Once out from the window, I shifted into my wolf. My body expanded, shredding my clothes apart. Fur ejected from my skin, paws took place of my hands, my face elongated and turned into snout, a tail grew behind me, and my body transformed into a wolf the size of a bear but a few inches larger.

         I wasted no time and bolted through the forest like a bullet shot out from a gun. My feet thumped against the soil, my pants came out heavy. I've been refusing to hunt the source of that music. But now, I so wanted to desperately find it. For some reason, I wanted to know if it was the redhead from the game.

         I passed through the branches that scratched my fur and the rocks that crumbled under my feet. There were dead leaves and twigs that I stepped on occasionally.

         If only I tried this earlier, I would've found it then. 

         The music intensified and had gotten louder once I approached a clearing. I've never really traveled in this part of the woods, and I'm starting to remorse why I haven't. Walking through the bushes, the leaves rustle on my every movement. The sight of a flaming red hair, strangling with the blowing wind appeared before my eyes. Her back was turned, but her fingers traveled gracefully on all of the right places. I was focused intently on her figure that I didn't realize I stepped on a twig. She abruptly stopped playing the flute and slowly tilted her head to get a good look behind her. Once her eyes met mine, I can see her eyes widen in shock.

         She eventually stood up and took a few steps back with wide eyes. I can tell she was scared, but then, she surprised me by not screaming her throats out. I was practically doing a happy dance mentally because my thoughts were right. She was the same girl from the game. She has flaming red hair, a perfectly fair-toned skin, a pair of sparkling hazel eyes and soft-looking, lush pink lips.

         I sauntered towards her slowly, ducking my head down to ensure her that I mean no harm. I approached her and I can see the relief in her eyes that I am not here to hurt her--or eat her. She began to calm and smiled kindly down at me. It was awkward because it's obvious that I'm a bit large. No wonder why I startled her.

         She took small steps towards me, clearly testing if I'm going to eat her or not. She stretched her long, slender fingers hesitantly and petted me behind the ear. I can feel faint sparks erupting when her skin landed on mine. It didn't hurt surprisingly, it seemed . . . pleasurable. It felt as if she was a missing puzzle that seemed to make me complete. I can feel something towards her, but I can't quite put a finger on it.

         A smile broke into her lips and she began to stroke the spot behind my ear. It was easy getting accustomed to her.

         I growled softly which caused her to pull her hand back in surprise. It made me whimper. The loss of her touch made me feel empty. But her presence alone made a wave of content wash through me.

         Seeming that she got the point why I growled, she smiled once more and sat down on the tree stump she was sitting previously before I arrived and brought the flute back to her lips.

         She didn't speak to me. Does she even care to give me her name?

         The tune I've been hearing from the past days erupted fluidly in the air, the music played in my ears like a delicate piece of melody that felt as if once interrupted, will be lost all of a sudden.

         I placed my head on her lap, making her look questioningly down at me on the corner of her eyes while playing the flute. After a while, she focused back on performing, making me sigh mentally with content. I felt my eyes close in comfort and the tune made me feel weightless—like a bud from a dandelion being blown away by the wind.

         We remained like that for a few minutes until she softly ended her music. I was still remorseful to the fact that I haven't paid much attention from the previous time when I arrived.

         She looked at the sky, the sun beaming from beyond the clouds. She stood up and smiled down at me, patting my head and beginning to walk out of the clearing.

         I whimpered and nudged her back, making her stumble a few small steps forward. Why doesn’t she tell me her name? She titled her head to the side and looked at me at the corner of her eyes. There was a twinkle inside them, that it seemed as if she was trying to communicated with me through the windows of her soul.

         She crouched down and gave me a quick hug.

         For a minute I enjoyed her warmness, but she pulled and jogged away until she was out of sight.

I'll be uploading the next chapter soon! I hope you like it! It's quite long so... I hope you enjoyed as well. Don't forget to COMMENT and VOTE!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 22.1K 66
Fourteen-year-old Emily Adams is flunking math - and life. But Emily has a secret, one that she has kept even from her best friends. Soon the ancient...
379K 28.7K 49
~ Winner of Wattys 2015 Hidden Gem Award , The JOURNEY THAT BEGINS THE FIREBIRD CHRONICLES. "You are my daughter, and you have grown up so kind and i...
5.8K 772 27
Witchspawn. Rotbringer. Child of Darkness. There are many names for someone born under a Warmoon, and Rhoa Strongcastle has heard them all. It doesn'...
34.1K 1.9K 41
***CAN BE READ AS A STAND-ALONE STORY*** Adventure/Fantasy/Romance ~-Completed-~ It's been twenty years since the prophecies of Life and Death conclu...