SHATTERED SILENCE - SNEAK PEEK

I DECIDED TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU ALL, KAY? BESIDES, I STILL HAVE SOME PRIZES TO GIVE AWAY AND I WASN'T SURE WHAT TO GIVE TO THE WINNERS OF THE ONE-SHOT CONTEST. BUT THEN AGAIN, ALL OF YOU DESERVED THIS BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN READING THE STORY! AND I AM NOT REALLY GOOD AT DISTRIBUTING PRIZES. BESIDES, CONSIDER IT A PAYMENT FOR THE EFFORTS OF WRITING YOUR OWN VERSION OF SAPPHIRE BEING ABLE TO SPEAK! AND OF COURSE, FOR THOSE WHO JOINED, I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR TAKING INTEREST IN THIS STORY!

PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR HUSH, HOWL MINI-STORIES!! KEEP IN TOUCH FOR MORE DETAILS!

=SHATTERED SILENECE=

-SPOILER ALERT! READ HUSH, HOWL BEFORE PROCEEDING INTO THIS STORY- Time has passed since the incident between the Aves and Weres occurred. Sapphire finally regained her ability to talk. But Darren still remained confused of Sapphire’s past. Mysteries lie behind not only her voice, her identity, but also the flute she holds in her hands.

Sapphire was finally able move on from the past, allowing her to be complete once more—with her voice back and Darren by her side. Or so she thought.

Her happiness was broken once again when dreams started haunting her on every night of her sleep. Dreams that placed her back into her lonely self. Just when Darren started worrying about her and the problems involving Caitlin and the other bullies, she realized that her past is coming back for her. Not only does it bring loneliness, but also an unimaginable danger that she has yet to face.

And they were plunged into a different, deep challenge that will determine the love they both possess for each other. Or will Sapphire have doubts for the love she possess for Darren? One thing for sure, they are mates. And destiny can never be changed.

Shattered Silence

PROLOGUE

Thunder clapped from the skies and I rose to my sitting position in an abrupt manner. Sweat drifted down my forehead, trickling down my face. My eyes were wide as I placed a hand above my head, trying to ease the throbbing ache. I can feel my heart thumping inside my chest.

I’ve been having dreams from the past few nights.

But I just don’t get it . . . when I wake up, there are no memories of it in my brain. It felt as if, the more I tried to remember what happened, the more it fades away.

I grabbed my hair due to frustration and growled at myself.

-*-

“You seemed really . . . worn out.” Rosy quipped as I took the seat in front of the table and stared at the plate full of food.

We are currently facing the other members of the pack inside the pack-house. Aunt Farris, Rosy and I were forced to stay here for a while because of the damage done to our house from the last battle between Darren’s pack and Adrian’s flock. The Michaels didn’t seem to mind. They said it’s their littlest way of apologizing for the destruction they caused. However, Adrian was helping rebuild the broken sections of the house.

I yawned and waved my hands at her, using my sign language. “For the hundredth time! You can speak, kay?” She shoved a spoonful of her food inside her mouth and chewed.

I smiled at her with a blank expression. “Sorry, I forgot.” I yawned again, covering my mouth. Grabbing the spoon, I scooped up a Zoe’s Japanese fried rice and sliced some egg. “Wow,” I said, swallowing the food I just chewed. I was quite surprised. “You really are a prodigy in the kitchen, Zoe.” I looked at Darren’s mom and she beamed at me.

“Woop! Finally, someone recognizes how delish my dish is!” She giggled.

“Mom, stop acting like a child . . . please? Why can’t you be more serious like you did before?” I glanced at my right to see Darren. His blonde hair was messy and he was wearing a button-up shirt with fading jeans. He stole the seat beside me and rubbed the back of his neck while doing so.

As he looked at me, a smile curled onto his face.”Hey, babe.” He winked.

I raised a brow at him questioningly, making him chuckle. "Don't call me babe . . . it's pretty annoying." I told him. It didn't really flatter me. It sounds more of a punch line. Well, because it is. I prefer being called by my nickname. Babe sounds really uncomfortable and Saf was still cuter and cheerful.

 “You seem pretty upset. Anything wrong?” He asked, his expression shifting from cocky to a worried one. It's amazing how he changes his emotions in front of me.

“No. Just didn’t get enough sleep.” I said.

“But the Saf I know wouldn’t let her sleep-depraved self to get into the way. Tell me, something’s bothering you.” It was Rosy who spoke up.

I glanced between Rosy and my food. “How can you know me so well?” I chuckled.

“Because I’ve been with you since we were in diapers. It’s normal for me to know.” She answered while chewing and pointing her fork at me. “Now, tell me what’s up.” It was more of a command.

“Just a bad dream.”

“Another one? Come on, Saf! Tell me what you have been eating before going to bed. Had any midnight snacks lately?”

“I think I took some chips to fall asleep?”

“That’s it.” She pointed out, grabbing the glass of water and downing it all. “Now cheer up. You can’t stay forever looking like a zombie.”

“I do?!” I stood up from my seat in alert and began running back to my room.

I heard laughing behind me and I turned back to see that I was tricked. “You gotta be kidding me, I look just fine!” I exclaimed, smoothing down my red hair.

“Not a while ago, you don’t.”

I smiled and shook my head, the bothersome thoughts leaving me. I walked back to my seat and sat down. For a minute, I felt happy again. But the feeling I had minutes ago refused to leave me completely. I can’t help but think of it. But right now, I’m relying on them to help me.