~ Winner of Wattys 2015 Hidden Gem Award , The JOURNEY THAT BEGINS THE FIREBIRD CHRONICLES.
"You are my daughter, and you have grown up so kind and innocent and just," she said, "You are everything I could have wished for. But it is not enough. The King will take your kindness, and use it to crush you. He will trick you with your innocence and perverse justice as we know it. You will die as you are now. Do you hear me, Lumina? You must become stronger. One day you must become Queen."
Lumina, a young thief, is desperate to find her best friend and sister, Reia, when she vanishes one night in the woods. Following her trail, Lumina finds herself travelling across the mysterious floating island, a kingdom within the clouds that is inhabited by angels.
The kingdom has fallen to an oppressive ruler with a dark magic. Fabian, a powerful elemental lord, enrols Lumina, an eligible candidate for Queen, in the fight for the throne.
Instead of finding Reia, Lumina discovers that friendship, love and adventure lurk at every corner, and a journey intended to find another is really about finding herself.
Highest ranking #7 in Fantasy.
Completed. Check out Book 2, Solstice!
- Summary: Equinox
- Chapter One (Part One): Her Name was Lumina
- Chapter One (Part Two): Reia
- Chapter Two (Part One): Monsters and Angels
- Chapter Two (Part Two): Black Fire Opal
- Chapter Three: Into the Depths
- Chapter Four: The Artist
- Chapter Five: Fabian
- Chapter Six: The Lumina that They Knew
- Chapter Seven: the Queen Candidate
- Chapter Eight: Eighteen Years Away From Home
- Chapter Nine: A Brief Appearance of a Queen
- Chapter Ten: Growing Pains
- Chapter Eleven: Dark Wings and Dark Dreams
- Chapter Twelve: Run
- Chapter Thirteen: Curfew
- Chapter Fourteen: The Emerald District
- Chapter Fifteen: Valkyrie
- Chapter Sixteen: the Equinox Ball
- Chapter Seventeen: The Girl with the Pheromones
- Chapter Eighteen: Exposure
- Chapter Nineteen: Lies and Allies
- Chapter Twenty: Moving On
- Chapter Twenty One: Too Long in the Darkness
- Chapter Twenty Two: Submerged
- Chapter Twenty Three: the Dark Angel
- Chapter Twenty Four: When I am Queen, you shall be King
- Chapter Twenty Five: Wings to Fly
- Chapter Twenty Six: Up in Flames
- Chapter Twenty Seven: I L O
- Chapter Twenty Eight: Best Laid Plans
- Chapter Twenty Nine: The Fugitive in the Trunk
- Chapter Thirty: Screams and Reality
- Chapter Thirty One: Performing to the Gods
- Chapter Thirty Two: Promise?
- Chapter Thirty Three: Night Raiders
- Chapter Thirty Four: The Stakeout, part 1
- Chapter Thirty Four, part 2: Into the Lair
- Chapter Thirty Five: Ruby Red
- Chapter Thirty Six: The Epiphany
- Chapter Thirty Seven: A Gravestone of Flowers
- Chapter Thirty Eight: Diamonds and Dust
- Chapter Thirty Nine: More than She Bargained For
- Chapter Forty: A Kiss on a Balcony
- Chapter Forty One: Betrayal
- Chapter Forty Two: Ignorance and Bliss
- Chapter Forty Three: Swan Dive