The Next Season

Autorstwa kay192

Sequel to Lacrosse has hot boys!! Follow Kara and her overprotective brothers in another year of sports, dram... Więcej

Author's Note
Chapter 1, A New Year
Chapter 2 Some News
chapter 3, New Faces
Chapter 4, Some Boys Suck
Chapter 5, Best Friends Forever
Chapter 6, The Thought of Him
Chapter 7, Not A Good Week
Chapter 8, Wednesday
Chapter 9, Tryouts
Chapter 10, Annoyance
Chapter 11, Wolverine Vs The Hulk
Chapter 12, They Make It Worth It
Chapter 13, Your Invited
Chapter 14, Makes My Heart Want To Stop
Chapter 15, Aftermath
chapter 16, Family Night
Chapter 17, DodgeBall
Chapter 18, Truth
Chapter 19, Friday Night Game (Part 1)
Chapter 20, Friday Night Game (Part 2)
Chapter 21, Forgiveness
Chapter 22, Football Vs. Lacrosse
Chapter 23, Saturday
Chapter 24, Game #2
Chapter 25, Who Knew?
Chapter 26, It's A Date
Chapter 27, Game and Party
Chapter 28, Nightmare Bond
chapter 29, Snipe Hunting
Chapter 30, My Answer is...
Chapter 32, Sadie Hawkins Dance
Chapter 33, Closing in
Chapter 34, Uh?
Chapter 35, Boys Don't Cry
Chapter 36, The End
Chapter 37, English Paper
Chapter 38, Summer Party Under The Stars
Chapter 39, It's Hot
Chapter 40, Girls Day
Chapter 41, Looking Out
Chapter 42, Short or long
Chapter 43, I Feel Bad For Guys
Chapter 44, The Wedding
Chapter 45, Honey Moon (Part 1)
Chapter 46, Honeymoon (Part 2)
Authors Note
Chapter 48, Movie Time
Chapter 49, I Hate Her
chapter 50, Breaking Worlds
Chapter 51, It's Been A Long Time
Chapter 52, Hulk smash
Chapter 53, saved
chapter 54, A Horrible Epilogue

Chapter 31, Just Try

1K 21 1
Autorstwa kay192

Kara's POV

I guess a few people already figured we were already dating. All except for a few friends of mine. Lilly the whole time kept pestering me if we kissed or where dating yet, well now she knows for sure we are. As for my brother, Colton, and my soon to be step brothers, Asher, and Sage, they're happy for me. Colton still keeps a close eye on us or has one of our friends, John or Noah or whoever to look out for us. Asher has also helped out with him, but he just ignores my brother's plead to get involved with Dakoda and mine's relationship. It's really nice to not be bothered constantly by him now. 

Dakoda and I walk through the hallway to my second period class hand in hand, which is English. We stop outside the door and kiss each other on the lips real quick and say our quick goodbyes. I walk in and take my seat in between Sage and Asher. 

"Good morning! Take out your essay writing drafts. We will continue to work on your final drafts in a few weeks." Our teacher tells us after the bell rings. 

I pull out my binder with my writing drafts. Taking out my other two previous rough drafts, then my current work. We need to write about something in our lives that changed for better or worst. Add in how it changed our views and what happened. I decided to write about the change in my family. From losing my mom to gaining a step-family; the changes that have been going on in my house. 

"What are you writing about?" Asher asks me. 

"About our soon-to-be family." I smile up at him. 

"That's nice. make sure to mention me as an awesome brother." He chuckles. 

"I'll try to." I kid with him. 

"What are you writing about?" I ask him. 

"I'm writing about a vacation trip I took with my friends last summer. It got pretty crazy and it changed our friendship for sure." He tells me. 

"How?" I pondered out loud. 

"Wait and see for next week. She's having us read each other's work for errors." He says to me. 

"Can't wait to read it." I smile at him. 

I look back down at my work and write another paragraph after my introduction piece. Lifting my head up I see that Sage is done with his draft today and is already going over errors. 

"Sage, what are you writing about?" I ask out of curiosity. 

"Just about my dad." He mutters not taking his eyes off his paper. 

"Oh." I say. I'm not quite sure what to say to that. He lost his dad when he was young. Poor guy. 

"Yeah don't worry about it." He says. 

"Ok." I mutter and turn my gaze back to my own work. 

An hour later and the bell rings signalling class to be over. I shove all my papers in my binder and place them inside my backpack carefully not to damage or tear my work. Following the rest of the students out of the room and out to the cafeteria. Sage comes to my side, since he still needs to my slave for the next six weeks. 

"Come on you can help me with food." I tell him. 

We walk into the lunch line behind a bunch of students. The line slowly moves forward, but not fast enough to my liking. We finally make it to the food. I grab a burger and a drink, while Sage grabs a some Chinese food. We merge into the pay line, and Sage pulls out money and pays for both our meals. Its sort of our deal to make sure he doesn't have to do some ridiculous act. I don't blame him. Sage and I, move to our table and sit down with the rest of the guys. As usual Noah and John are going at it again. 

"Is it still about Emily?" I ask Mike. 

 "No. It's about their two football guys pulling a prank." He says. 

"Then what's the problem?" I question.

"John thinks its way to overboard while of course Noah finds it hilarious."

"The prank is?" 

"Noah wants the two guys to go into the principals house and take photos of themselves stealing his liquor. John doesn't want them to get arrested." Mike says. 

"That's a horrible idea. Noah! You can't let them do that!" I shout across the table. 

"See even Kara believes its wrong!!" John shouts while pointing at me.

"Whatever! Colton?! What's your opinion?" Noah asks my brother. 

I turn my head to my older brother, but he's looking down at his food. Not really paying attention to what is going on around him. 

"Colton?! Dude!" Noah throws a french fries at him. Colton lifts his head up at Noah with a blank look on his face. 

"What?" He questions. 

"Do think my prank idea is a good one?" Noah asks. 

"No. You're stupid Noah." Colton states and then gets up to leave.

I leave my food and catch up to Colton before he leaves the cafeteria. 

"Colt, you okay?" I ask him. 

"Yeah just stressed. Don't worry about it." He tells me, then walks off. 

I go back to my table and finish eating my food with the guys. But, I can't help thinking about what has my brother so stressed out. 

----------

After school, I head to locker room to get ready for the JV lacrosse game. We play against the St. Cath School. It might be a private school, but we still gotta play them. They usually pretty good. I meet up with Lilly in the locker room getting ready as well. 

"Hey, haven't seen you all day. What's up?" Lilly says when she sees me. 

"Hi, sorry been busy. Colton seems really off today." I tell her. I set down my stuff and start slipping on my shoulder and rib pads. 

"Maybe he's stressed about school?"

"Maybe. I don't know." I say. Pulling up my game shorts along with my jersey. 

"Just chill it's probably nothing. Come on we got a game to win." Lilly says grabbing her gear and then pulling me with my stuff out of the locker room. We board the bus and get ready to go play the St. Cath team soon. 

-----------

"Whoo!" I can't believe we won. 

"I know right. Those boys were so trying to pick you guys up." Kyler says to both Lilly and I. 

"They were so bad though." Lilly giggles out. 

"Right! Boys are so silly." I tell them. 

"Hey, those boys are silly, I'm hot!" Kyler tells us. 

"Of course you are. Thanks for the ride Kyler." I thank him for dropping me off after our game. 

"No problem. See you at school." He says and then drives off to take Lilly home.

I turn around and walk up the front steps of my house, then I open the door to the living room. I see Dad and Chantal on the couch passed out together. I guess they tried to wait up. 

"Daddy I'm home. Night." I whisper to my dad and kiss him on the head. 

I head upstairs to room, but I stop half way in my tracks when I see that Colton's and Asher's bedroom light is still on. Getting closer, I can hear them talking about something important to Colton. 

"Just chill. Everything will be alright." Asher tries to calm him down. 

"How do you know?! This is important and I can't screw up!" Colton whisper shouts at him. 

"Just do what you usually do. It will work out." Asher says. 

"Still. This can change everything for me. I can practically kiss my future goodbye."

"Colton chill. It's not the end of the world."

"It sort of is. I haven't felt this stressed since Ariana Remar." Colton mutters. 

Ariana Remar? She was colton's ex-girlfriend, claiming she was pregnant with his baby his sophmore year. He was going to give his live to her and his baby, until he found out it she cheated on him with Trevon Patton. And the baby was his. Wonder what has him so stressed now to that extreme?

I lean in closer to the door to hear more. 

"Forget about that year. This is nothing, just a little bit of relaxing and then playing hard." Asher tells him. 

"Easy for you to say." Colton says. 

"Trust me, you're worrying about nothing."

"I'll try." Colton mutters. 

"Just try. That's all you have to do." Asher says. 

Their conversation ends, so I decide to make my presence known. Without them thinking that I've been eavesdropping. 

"Hey guys," I say opening the door. They both look at me with a smile on their faces. 

"Hey sis, how was your game?" Colton asks walking over to give me a hug. 

"It was good. We won." I tell him. 

"Good. Score anything?" Asher asks. 

"Just a goal. Nothing big." I laugh out. 

"Haha, well you should go to bed Kara. Big day tomorrow." Colton says. 

"You to. Try to have sweet dreams." I smile at him and then walk into my room to get ready for bed. 

_____________________________________________________________

Any idea what has Colton all stressed out? 

Also sorry for the late update! Got caught up in life happening. 

Vote and Comment please. Enjoy your day!!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

6.8K 279 25
[SHORT STORY] Kara, an athletic teenage girl, is trying out for the Junior Varsity boys Lacrosse team. She doesn't have a choice, She's not allowed...
708K 20.6K 32
[Completed] She's back but this time there is a new boy in her life. Lets just say they don't get along. When Jason threatens not just her but her ga...
10.5K 761 33
SEQUEL TO TRIPLE THREAT! The Taylor sisters thought they had overcome their biggest obstacles and could finally take a break but little did they kno...
1.2M 40.6K 57
"I'd much rather have my head between her legs than yours." *** SEQUEL TO CONTRONYM Life is never kind to the broken. Then again, aren't we all brok...