The Creator Of Light

By BRANDYZZLE

[BOOK 2] Sequel of -The Light To My Dark- Puzzleshipping/Blindshipping Horakhty sends Yugi to another world... More

Mistakes
Brother
Broken
Palace
Saviour
Thieves
Poisoned
HELP
Hope
Defeat
Wish
Lullaby
Reconcile

Abayomi

576 20 5
By BRANDYZZLE

~*A/N*~ I finished the cover today, ill work on the chapter tonight or tomorrow! I am very busy sorry guys! I changed the cover after the first one I was trying to do, WATTPAD Totally screwed with it. So I recolored one of my older drawings. He's not as dark and evil looking as I wanted but whatever!

Can you guys guess what land the story might take place in yet? >:)

Chapter One

The warm wind tickled my face as my eyelids drifted open. I was laying face down in the burning sand as the sun scorched high above the dessert sky. I slowly raised to my hands and knees. 'What land was I sent too and why do I feel so weak?' I watched as my arms shook, barely holding my weight up. It was unbearably hot. I felt dizzy and sick. I force myself up and glance at my surroundings. I was in the outskirts of a village. I looked down realizing the puzzle was hanging from my neck weighing me down. 'What the-?' My jacket and trousers were replaced with a cloth cloak. It was ragged and torn and I wore no shoes. I dragged myself though the sand towards to village. 'Maybe there's someone that could explain where I was and help me get some proper clothes.' I gazed around as I made my way through the various shops. 'Woah, I just some serious déjà vu!' A memory flashed through my mind of Yami dragging me through shops just like these when we were in Egypt running from the Japanese police. Tears prickle my eyes as I remember his smile as we walked together. I shake my head. 'I'm here to save him. No more crying!' I pull myself together and continue walking. Something seemed different about these shops. They seemed so run down looking. People sat on carpets instead of chairs. My curiosity turns into anxiety as I realize people are staring at me whispering amongst themselves. I turn to a small child and their mother.

"Mama, why does that boy have such light skin? Is he dying?" She glares at me in confusion before dragging her daughter away. I lift up my hands and arms into my vision. My bright white skin reflected the sun. Not only were they pale they were very skinny, more skinny then before. I rubbed my hand across my stomach as felt my ribs sticking out. I return my arms to my sides as I look around. Everyone was very dark skinned making all eyes lock onto me. I turn to a man at the shop beside me.

"Erm... Excuse me why is everyone dressed like peasants?" The mans eyes widened before standing up.

"Is that supposed to be a joke?" The man eyes filled with anger. "You dare mock me!?" He grabs a chain from under his wooden display whipping it at me. I quickly duck underneath his attack. The chain releases from his hand flying over my head and striking a man walking by. I quickly rise to my feet and flee. I glance over my shoulder to see a full brawl broken out between the men. I slip down an ally once I feel I'm far enough away. I slide down against the wall collapsing from exhaustion. 'Why am I so fatigued?' I grab the seam of my cloak near my chest pulling it away from my body. I stare inside to see how skinny I am. 'Am I starving?' I hear my stomach growl confirming my suspicions. I went through in my head everything I knew about this land. Horakhty did say that I was sent into a different world, but from what I've seen this is more like I've gone into the past. The past. The same woman dragging her daughter from before came through the ally this time not noticing my existence.

"Mama why!? Why are we hiding!?" The little girl stared into my eyes as her mother frantically dragged her past me. "Your hurting my wrist!"

"Hush! The Pharaoh mustn't know of our lives! Or he'll enslave us!"

'Pharaoh?' Then the realization hit me. I was in the past. This was ancient Egypt! I thought about what the mother could have meant. My attention was drawn to the left of the ally as two palace guards ran towards the girl and her mother. I jumped to my feet and pushed them into a opening to an abandoned house ripping down the rug that was used as a door. I stood on the other side of the rug leaning against it peeking out the side of it. As the guards approached I turn back to the girl and her mother.

"Run! Out the back!" The small girl stared at me as her mother nodded and ran out the back. I followed them to the window lifting her daughter up. The woman pulled her onto the small balcony and mouthed thank you.

"But ma-!" Her mother gripped her hand around her mouth and dashed away out of sight. I sighed in relief, but quickly returned into a panicked state.

"Halt!" I heard from behind me as I stepped away from the window turning around. They flung their spears at me criss crossing the points at both sides of my throat pinning me to the wall.

"Where is that woman and child!?" I said nothing as I stared at them in fear. "The Hebrews are to be captured and made slaves by the Pharaohs orders! Assisting them in anyway is a crime against the Pharaoh!" I could feel myself shaking as I tried to speak.

"What are you doing here foreigner? You are not from here." The other guard spoke.

"To create light were there is only darkness. What kind of Pharaoh enslaves innocent woman and children?!" They removed the spears from the sides of my throat. The first man raised his arm behind his shoulder and back handed me. His knuckles dig into my skin as I fall onto the floor. His foot presses against my chest pinning me to the ground.

"How dare you you speak of the Pharaoh in such a manor!" He raises his spear and drives it into my left shoulder. I scream as I desperately try to pull it out but his foot keeps me secured against the floor. I feel the tears fall down the sides or my temples as I gasp for air. "Your lucky the Pharaoh is looking for slaves or I would kill you were you lie." He jerks the spear from my shoulder and steps away releasing me from the floor. I cry out and roll onto my side holding my shoulder curling up. "I'm going to look for that filthy woman and child. You deal with the foreigner." The cruel guard hastily made his way out of the house leaving me with the other man. I look up at him terrified he might stab me as well, but this man wore a gentle sympathetic look. He placed his hand on my arm before speaking in a calm tone.

"If you don't struggle I won't hurt you." He bonded my hands in chains and lifted me from the floor. I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off. "Don't speak. Don't beg. It won't help. Just do as your told." He spoke more coldly this time and I just gazed at the floor. He pushed me out of the house and out of the village. He climbed onto his horse as he held the chain link into his hands making me walk across the desert.

After about an hour of walking, and feeling like I was going to die from heat exhaustion, the sun went below the horizon. I held my shoulder tightly trying to stop the bleeding and soothe the pain. I started to feel faint as we arrived at a camp. I turned to my right and terror spread through me as I stared at the guard who had previously stabbed me. I started to shake. He turned and made eye contact stomping towards me gripping my shackles.

"Abasi! He has been through enough yes? Let him be."

'Abasi? I know a lot of the Egyptian language from grandpa. Abasi meant stern.'

"You dare not defend this slave Subira!"

'Subira means patient.'

"No Abasi, but he is on the verge of death. Do you want to be responsible for dealing with his corpse?" Abasi growled under his breath and dragged to me to a tent tossing me inside. He pulled the tent drapes shut as his footsteps disappeared. I lay there gripping my shoulder sulking.

"Are you hungry stranger?" I gazed up to see a boy about my age crouching near me smiling down. I lean up and nod as he looks from my shoulder back to my eyes before shifting to the back of the tent. I notice that there three others in the tent along with me and the boy. Two elderly men and a woman probably in her thirties. The boy returns with a bowl sticking his fingers into the bowl and rubbing the ointment on my shoulder. I flinch and clench my teeth as he circles my wound. He takes a cloth and tightly wraps it around my shoulder smothering the laceration. He smiles brightly at me. He hands me a slice of bread, a bowl of porridge and some grapes. I eat as fast as possible trying to regain my strength.

"Thank you. I'm so grateful for this meal and the care of my wound." I say tapping my shoulder.

"Us outsiders have to stick together." He never once falters his smile as he speaks. "What is your name stranger?"

My eyes narrow as I glance down at my bowl. "To be honest I'm not sure anymore." He places his hand on my right shoulder.

"My name is Abayomi." I smile back at him.

'Bringer of happiness.'

"I shall give you a new name. Hmm... I'll call you, Moswen!" I can't help but giggle at him.

'Light skin. That's funny.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.8K 1.7K 53
Yami is finding it difficult being away from everyone and now has returned to being Atem. A few years has passed and Yami finally has a mirror into Y...
38.8K 1.3K 16
{Complete!} It has been three months since the Ceremonial Duel, but to Yuugi it felt like years. The love of his life was gone from his life and all...
63.5K 2.2K 19
This is Yaoi, If you don't like it than go away. This takes place in Egypt where Yugi is the leader of a rebellion and Atemu is the new Pharaoh that...
19.4K 340 12
A hikari cannot live without a yami. A hikari without a yami has a year to live and will slowly vanish, the said hikari will become particles of lig...