Oh Brother, Literally.

By crazybirdscanfly

Have you ever fallen for your best-friends boyfriend? No? Yes? Doesn't matter. The same awkward story has bee... More

Wince-Worthy Moments
Orange Soda and B.F.F's
Flirts and Hypocrites
Fresh Cut Grass and Apologies
Dramatics and Cheater Cheaters
The Real Deal
The Pizza Girl

Pillow Fights and Spinning Bottles

26 0 0
By crazybirdscanfly

"Spin The Bottle!" James chanted.

Amanda laughs along. Cameron winks at me, then joins the chanting. I smile then lay back against Amanda's polka-dotted bean bag. The four of us are sitting in not-exactly-even square on the carpet in Amanda's room. We've been playing various games for about a half-hour since dinner. 

"OK, shut up!" I say, standing up.

Eight eyes look at me, quizzically. The room gets quiet. I put my hands on my hips and ignore Cameron as he looks over me admiringly.

"Spin The Bottle? Ok, let's play. But quit the chanting. Can't we be mature for once?" I ask, exasperated.

Four pairs of eyes blink, then four heads shake defiantly. I sigh, defeated and sit back down.

"If you can't beat them, join them! I'll go get the bottle. Amanda, come with me." I say, grinning. 

Amanda jumps up, then slinks around James and skips out the door. I roll my eyes. We quietly walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. Amanda cleans out a bottle of root beer that was left on the counter. When she's done, I motion her to follow me. We creep back up the stairs, and slip into Cameron's room. I open the closet and take out four pillows. Amanda takes the two pillows on his bed and we stash them behind the door of Amanda's room. We enter, with our poker faces on.

"Hola, ladies. Did you get the bottle?" James asks.

"Duh. It's right here. Oh, and James? Your first." I say, grinning.

We sit in a circle. James spins the bottle, and it lands...on me! I grimace, and so does James. With my little toe, I nudge it so it points towards Amanda. James laughs.

"Ok, Amanda. Your the lucky winner, congrats!" James exclaims, nervously.

James hesitates, and it gets awkward for a moment. Cameron holds his right hand inches away from James, and I copy him for Amanda. He mouths, one...two...three! We lightly push their backs on the next moment they're kissing each other. More than a peck, but not like making out. When Amanda pulls away, she's flushed. Then she pretends to grimace, and kicks the bottle to Cameron. The bottle lands on James, so he spins again. It lands on me. 

"Can I leave?" Amanda whispers, disgusted.

I just shake my head, then wink at Amanda. Amanda gets up and exits the room. Only I know that she is really preparing for our pillow ambush. Cameron pulls me forward, and I kiss him softly on the lips. Ah, sweet bliss. But all of a sudden the door swings open and I turn just in time to catch a pillow that Amanda flung at me. Armed and ready, we being to smack both James and Cameron without mercy. 

"One kiss comes with a price!" I yell, playfully.

"--no fair!"

"--what? Give me a pillow, dammit!"

Eventually, James gets hold of a pillow and fights back. I swing my arm to whack Cameron again, but he catches it in mid-swing. He tugs on it and I fall with it, landing on top of him. I giggle as he tickles me, trying to make me let go. I hear Amanda squeal as James wrestles her for another. Cameron kisses me on the cheek, and pulls the pillow from my grasp. I scramble for another one, and now everyone's armed. In the midst of all our fun, James ducks for cover under Amanda's bed. Amanda joins him. Cameron and I stop. We sneak out of the room.

"Oh my gosh, James is so dead! His girlfriend, Mackenzye, is going to murder him." I squeal as quietly as I can.

"They make a cute couple, huh?" Cameron whispers thoughtfully.

"Not really, but they are perfect for each other." I reply.

"Well, I'll just pretend that makes sense." Cameron laughs, softly.

Then his face grows serious. He takes me hand gently, then swings me towards him. I back him up against the wall, and he leans forward. I avoid his eager lips, and slip out of his embrace. I run down the stairs and look up at him, with my hands on my hips. I wink at him, then skip towards the front door. I gently pry it open and I peek back in time to see him follow, curious. I smile to myself, feeling mischievous. 

Continue Reading