Flirts and Hypocrites

The door bell rings. Amanda practically leaps into the air and struts toward the door. I give her a glance, then continue to text my mom. I felt bad not telling her that Cameron was coming too, but then I think it's not like she asked so technically I didn't lie. Besides, he's having a sleepover with James. Not me. Plus, she has to assume that he's going to be here since he lives here.

"James? I had no idea you were coming." Amanda says in an innocent voice.

"Your sleeping over? Cool, I guess. Chelsea's sleeping over too." Chelsea rolls her eyes at her best friend.

James walks into the room. He's wearing sweatpants and a baggy red shirt with an ugly plaid sweater.  Somehow, he's able pull the look off. When he sees me, he winks at me. I roll my eyes in return.

"Hey, babe. Where's Cameron?" He asks me. 

"Who knows? Actually, I do. He's up..." I start.

"Whoa, whoa! Cool it, babe! I'll go find him myself." James interrupts me. 

"Ignore her, James. She's a pain, trust me. Cameron!" Amanda calls.

I turn towards the stairs as a pair of feet go thump, thump down the staircase. He's wearing loose (yet not baggy) jeans and a black Aerosmith T-shirt. 

"Cameron..." I whisper quiet enough so no one can hear but myself.

He beams when he sees me. I'm startled by the intensity of his wide smile. I lower my eyes from his gaze, shyly.

"Hey, beautiful." He says, sweeping me into a hug with only one arm.

"Hi, there." I say in a so-not-my-style-girlish giggle.

Amanda pretends to barf and I flash Cameron a mischievous grin. He gives me a knowing look and smirks back. With one hand I flip my hair over my shoulder and the other I place on the back of his head. I pull him in for a long kiss. His lips are, as always, soft and fit right around mine. I can almost see Amanda's eyes bug out at the sight of us. Amanda pulls me away with a strong grip.

"Sorry boys, apparently Chelsea can't control herself so we'll just have to see you at dinner." Amanda says glaring at me as she drags me up the stairs.

I just roll my eyes. The hypocrite!