Returning to Innocence [EDITI...

By emilythestrange97

Everyone thinks Scarlett Davis is just an average teenager but they don't understand. When she was ten years... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Extras
UPDATE OMG GUYS

Chapter Thirty Two

2.4K 21 7
By emilythestrange97

You guys are going to really want the next upload and I've already written it, so let me edit and I will! Remember this is in the watty awards so vote vote VOTE!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first two lessons passed in a fever of excitement and Peeta was constantly checking her watch. Me and Alex watched, unable to keep a smile off our faces. Finally, third period rolled around and I grinned at my friends.

"It's time to put our little plan into action." I smirked and followed them into the changing rooms, slipping into the toilets and locking the door to a stall. When the teacher locked the changing rooms, I would leave my hiding place and set up the traps. I didn't feel guilty; this was nowhere near as bad as what she had done to me.

The turning of the key gave me the signal to leave and I crept out, clutching the carrier bag to my chest. Becca's familiar pink handbag was hung in a corner and I walked over, picking up her shoes and pulling out the first item from my bag: a bottle of Peeta's brothers shaving cream. Carefully, I filled the toes with the thick cream, making sure it wasn't visible until she actually put her foot in. I did the same with the other shoe and grinned at my work.

The next item was a small packet of pure white itching powder. I carefully sprinkled on the inside of her clothes, and for good measure on her hairbrush as well. The last was some clear, slow drying glue. I coated the back of her skirt with it, as well as the bottom of some of her books and her shoes. Now all I had to do was wait.

The phone in my pocket buzzed and I frowned, shrugging. As I glanced at the screen, I frowned even more; the name said Alex. But Alex was outside doing P.E... I cautiously brought the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I said quietly, unsure of what to expect.

"Hello Scarlett." Colin's voice made me shudder and I held my breath as he spoke. "You should really tell Alex to remember his phone."

"He said he couldn't find it..." I trailed off. "You took his phone?!" I exclaimed loudly, glancing around briefly to make sure no one had heard me. Quickly, I entered the toilet stall so I could talk in there.

"Maybe." I could hear the smile in his voice. "But there was a reason I called." I gulped and closed my eyes. "No one escapes. Never. There will come a day when you're ready to tell your story to someone. That person will tell someone and then I will go to prison. That is not going to happen."

"I won't tell anyone. You think I enjoy breaking down in front of people?" My voice wavered slightly and I could feel my legs beginning to shake.

"That just won't do Scarlett. I'm sorry, but you have to die Scarlett." I squeaked and my knees gave out, sending me tumbling to the tiled floor. I somehow kept the phone to my ear. "And don't even bother telling Alex. Why would he believe you anyway?" he sneered, hanging up and leaving me with the never ending dial tone.

I let out a low moan, letting no tears escape my eyes as my phone clattered to the floor. My mouth opened and closed like a goldfish and I stared blankly at the wall. I couldn't tell Alex, he would flip. The only thing I could do was pretend everything was fine.

The door to the changing rooms burst open and I jumped up, my legs still shaking. I leant against the wall for support before pasting a smile on my face and stepping outside. Peeta grinned at me, cocking her head. I nodded and walked past her, out into the fresh air.

As soon as I was out of the busy changing room and into the crisp November air, I gasped for air. My throat felt like it was closing up and I couldn't catch my breath. I swallowed and forced myself to calm down, breathing awkwardly.

"Red?" Alex said and I grinned at the nickname. I turned to him, still smiling; his face mirrored mine.

"I did it." I whispered and he smirked.

"This is going to be good." he grinned and I nodded, suppressing the terror I felt from the phone call. What could Colin do really?

A squeal of surprise and shock echoed out of the gym and we both laughed. The high pitched noise was followed by cries of shock and anger from Becca.

"Well that worked out well." I said smugly as Peeta ran out of the changing room, cheeks flushed red from laughter.

"You should have been there! It's such a good thing I happened to have my phone recording when it happened." she smirked and showed us the video. We had been laughing before, now we couldn't breathe.

"Next lesson will be better." I giggled and walked with the others to our next lesson.

"Becca stop fidgeting!" the teacher snapped for the fifth time, her patience wearing thin. I stifled a laugh and stared at the table. The itching powder was really doing its job and the teacher was getting more and more irritated as Becca fidgeted and scratched. Peeta kept nudging me and winking and I rolled my eyes. She was going to get us in trouble.

"Please step out of the room Rebecca!" The teacher shouted, pointing at the door with a long bony finger. Becca tried to stand up but her skirt stuck there from the glue. Me and Peeta high-fived under the table as she struggled. "Rebecca get out of the room now!" Becca jumped up and a loud ripping sound filled the classroom. We stared at the back of her skirt in joy; it had completely ripped off, revealing her tights and knickers.

Becca ran out of the room with the entire class laughing at her. The teacher had a hand over her mouth as she held in a chuckle. "Someone should go and tell her to go to matron and get a new skirt." she said, the corner of her lips turning up in a smile. "Scarlett? Can you go?" I nodded hesitantly, standing up and ignoring all of the eyes staring at the back of my head. The rumours hadn't died down, but I could ignore them; I was stronger than they were.

"Becca?" I said quietly when the door was shut and she turned to me, her eyes blazing.

"This was you! You and that stupid emo girl Peeta!" she screamed and I took a step backwards, alarmed.

"No-no! It wasn't-"

"Don't deny it! I know it was you!"

"Rebecca Green! I send Scarlett out to tell you some news and as soon as the door closes you scream at her! Go to the head of years office now!" the teacher yelled and I winced at her tone. Becca huffed and walked down the corridor, muttering to herself. I slipped back into the classroom and walked to my seat, staring at the floor.

"That was awesome!" Peeta exclaimed when we left the classroom, grinning at me. Alex joined up with us and I slipped my hand into his, squeezing it gently.

"One more lesson to go." he whispered into my ear and I laughed.

"You guys are so cute." Peeta said, smiling widely and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up." I murmured, blushing behind my make up and Alex laughed, ruffling my hair. I giggled and tried to move away from him, squirming.

"We do have another lesson you know." Peeta called, reminding me that we were in public. I nodded and we walked to our next lesson. Alex's hand was still intertwined with mine and I felt the butterflies in my stomach.

"Finally!" Alex yelled, running out of school ahead of us. I frowned as Peeta ran after him, wishing I could as well. Damn Colin.

Thoughts of Colin made me stop suddenly and I shuddered, hurrying to catch up with my friends. Alex and Peeta were in deep conversation with each other and I felt slightly awkward walking with them. I always seemed to forget that they had known each other before I'd joined.

My thoughts returned to Colin again and I swallowed, trying to keep my breathing even as it threatened to quicken. Alex couldn't know, I couldn't tell him. Who knew what Colin would do? Kidnap him, torture him, even kill him... I couldn't think like this. Alex wouldn't die. He was my Alex, he was strong and brave. He was everything I wasn't.

"Red what's up?" Alex asked and I sighed inwardly. Way to go Scarlett, I thought, slapping myself mentally.

"Nothing. I'm just thinking." I gave him a weak smile and wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans. Alex was still staring at me concerned. "Seriously, I'm fine. Okay?" I said, slipping my hand into his. He smiled and we began walking again. "Question: where are we actually going?" I asked, suddenly realised I was just blindly following.

"We're going to the park! You know, the one with the swings that we went to ages ago." Peeta answered whilst skipping backwards ahead of us. I thought back to that day, when Alex first saw my scars and yelled at me because of it. The boy in question glanced down at me and grinned sheepishly, obviously thinking of the same thing.

"Sorry about that." he whispered in my ear and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop apologising." I murmured back and Peeta coughed.

"Guys! I'm still here!" she mock frowned at us before laughing and skipping into the park. My friends were so cool. "Last one to the swings is a rotten egg!" she yelled, already running.

"I've not done that since junior school." he said turning to me.

"Me neither but go on. You know I'm going to be the rotten egg so you might as well win." I let go of his hand and waited for him to run off.

"I've got a better idea." he grinned mischievously and then turned around. "Jump on." I laughed and jumped on his back, holding onto his shoulders as he began to jog across the field, me on his back.

"Piggyback! Alex I want a go!" Peeta yelled, jumping off of the swing she was sat on. Alex carefully placed me down before Peeta leaped on his back. I walked over to the swings and watched them laugh together. They were such good friends, I felt no jealousy. Alex and Peeta weren't like that; they wouldn't stab me in the back.

But Colin might. What if he found out that Alex knew? What if he captured me again? What if everything went wrong again? I don't think my body or mind could survive anything more. I was already messed up.

"Stop thinking so hard." Alex whispered in my ear and I squeaked in surprise, jumping off of the swing.

"Don't scare me like that." I frowned as he sat down on my swing and jumped on his lap.

"Sorry. You haven't been eating again." he whispered and I remained silent. "You know you need to."

"I know."

"Now what's up?" his question surprised me and I looked up at him.

"What do you mean?"

"Something's wrong, I'm not completely stupid." he grinned and I laughed, shaking my head.

"You keep believing that." I patted his head. "I'll tell you later though, okay?" he nodded.

"You guys keep talking privately! It's not fair!" Peeta mock whined.

"Sorry, do you want me to sit on your lap instead?" I offered, standing up. She frowned and took a step backwards.

"I'm good; but Alex, you should watch out. I'm already stealing your girlfriend away!" she laughed and jumped onto the other swing, making it shake violently. I winced as she nearly fell, shaking my head as she giggled and jumped off instead.

"Please don't fall off, we would have to do so much paperwork." Alex groaned and Peeta gasped.

"Well I can see I'm not wanted here. I'll just leave." she stuck her nose in the air and turned away.

"Bye then!" Alex yelled, chuckling.

"Bye!" she waved and walked to the gates, giving us one final wave before she disappeared. "She's gone now Red. So you can tell me what's wrong." Alex said quietly and I groaned.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes."

"Promise you won't do anything?" I reasoned, sitting down on the sandy ground. Alex frowned.

"What the hell did he do?" he growled and I sighed,

"He rang me from your phone," I whispered, fear seeping into my tone. "And said he was going to kill me and you if I told you." A gargled sob erupted from my lips and Alex leapt up.

"I'm going to kill him!" he yelled, beginning to walk away.

"Alex wait! Don't! Alex!" I screamed but he ignored me and ran out. Sobs rose up my throat as I thought about everything that Colin would d to him. Why did I tell him? Why didn't he listen to me? I had to stop this.

The sky was darkening and the hairs on the back of my neck rose, making fear run through my heightened senses. I walked quickly to the gates, keeping to the middle of the field for safety. There it was, right in front of me, I was going to make it. A sharp crack rang through the park and I stumbled forward, landing on the hard concrete as pain ran through my body and my eyes closed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I'll upload soon, I promise! But seriously any guesses on what happened? You'll probably get it right :D

Song of the day: Mercenary by Panic! At The Disco! It's so awesome!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

LIKE

TWEET

:P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
116K 12.2K 32
Athulya Singhania has spent her entire life in solitude, yearning for the love of a family. Over the years, she mastered the art of concealing her em...