Bulletproof // Snowbarry

By xellyjoyx

"I'm bulletproof, got nothing to loose, fire away, fire away" [#2 in snowbarry] More

foreward
one // edited
two // edited
three // edited
four // edited
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
Bonus Chapter
New Book!
Authors Note

19

5.7K 132 208
By xellyjoyx

"If someone really loves you, they'll support you no matter how hard the situation is"

Caitlin tensed up really quickly. She took her hand out of Barry's and took her head off his shoulder. She completely understood and was fine with Barry taking his time with telling Iris. She also knew this was petrifying for Barry and she felt really bad for him.

Joe and Cisco had their eyes widened. They were looking at each with a look that said, "let's go." Joe walked out first and patted Barry on the back for good luck. Cisco walked out really quickly, leaving Iris, Caitlin, and Barry.

Iris rose her eyebrow, put her hands on her hips, and started to tap her foot on the floor. Caitlin leaned her head over to the side when Barry was looking at her to tell him to go talk to her. Barry nodded at her and started to walk over to the room with the treadmill. Iris followed him.

Barry sighed as he sat down on the treadmill. Iris didn't sit, though, she was pissed. She crossed her arms and began to tap her foot on the floor, waiting for an answer. Caitlin sat in the hallway. She doesn't chew her nails, but this seemed like an exception.

"Iris, I can explain," Barry started.

"Explain what Barry? The fact that you told me you needed some time to think and then you go off and date another girl, a girl who happens to be one of my best friends. Or the fact that you never told me about it," Iris shouted.

"Iris I.." Barry started again before Iris cut him off again.

"You what Barry?" Iris screamed.

"Let me talk!" Barry shouted back. " I did need some time to think and that was the truth. I took my time and over that time I realized that my feelings for you weren't the same as they used to be. I started to have those feelings for Caitlin and she had them for me too so we kind of started to date. I didn't tell you because I knew you would be upset and I didn't want to upset you," Barry explained in a quiet voice.

"It does upset me, though," Iris quieted down and relaxed a little more.

"I get that it was wrong, but I didn't want to hurt you because I still care about you," Barry tried to explain.

"I just feel like I'm the last one to know everything," Iris sat down as she fought tears.

"I'm sorry I really am, but I'm with Caitlin now," Barry got up and walked out.

Iris sat on the treadmill as a tear trickled down her cheek. Barry went into the hallway and found Caitlin sitting down. He held his hand out and Caitlin took it. He helped her up and they went back into the cortex. Iris was walking out as they walked in, free of tears.

Barry texted Cisco and Joe to come back. Cisco came back in but Joe had left to go to the police station. Cisco sat down and so did Caitlin. Awkwardness filled the room.

"What was going on before we came in?" Barry asked.

"We were trying to find you two," Cisco told him.

Barry pulled up another chair next to Caitlin and sat down. The trio looked for any sign of criminal activity, but the city seemed to be dead. Cisco was dying to know what went on when he left but felt awkward about asking about it.

"Hey, it's almost lunchtime, do you guys want me to pick up pizza?" Cisco asked, sensing the tension between Barry and Caitlin.

Caitlin nodded and Cisco left them alone. Caitlin turned towards Barry and stared at him.

"So, what went down between you and Iris?" Caitlin asked.

"I just told her that I was in love with you now and that I don't have the same feelings I once did for her," Barry summed up.

"We're still good then?" Caitlin smiled.

Barry nodded and then leaned in to kiss her. Their lips met. They were so focused on each other they didn't hear the clicking of heels coming towards the cortex. Barry cupped Caitlin's face as they continued to kiss. They weren't going to break apart any time soon, but they had to when they realized that they weren't the only ones in the room.

The two looked up, their faces still centimeters away from each other, to see Iris staring at them. Iris quickly looked away and then grabbed the jacket she had forgotten off the hanger. Iris walked off and Barry sighed. He let his head fall into his hands. Caitlin pulled him into a quick hug.

"Go talk to her," Caitlin whispered.

"Are you sure?" Barry asked.

Caitlin nodded. Barry pecked her on the cheek and then ran off as Cisco walked into the room.

Barry ran into the West house. Iris was sitting on the couch looking at the blank tv. He sat on the chair across from the couch. He felt really bad about lying to Iris.

"Iris, I'm so sorry. You can't be mad at me for my feelings changing, though. You can't run off every time you see me and Caitlin being a couple," Barry explained.

"I get that you don't have the same feelings you used to have. What I'm mad about is you lying to me. It just doesn't seem fair that I'm the last person to know," Iris didn't make eye contact. "I can't believe that your feelings can change over the course of a few months," Iris admitted.

"Feelings can change," Barry told her.

Instead of saying anything, Iris leaned in and kissed him. Barry, however, didn't kiss back. He pulled away from her and used his speed to run out the door, taking along a duffel bag so he could stay at STAR Labs for the night.

Barry ran to STAR Labs. He knew he couldn't confront Caitlin just yet, so he sat in the elevator and went over everything. He knew he loved Caitlin, but he wasn't so sure about his feelings for Iris. He sat for a while going over everything. He sat for so long that Cisco ended up coming in so he could go home.

"Bro, what's up?" Cisco asked, looking down at Barry.

"Iris kissed me," Barry said.

"Did you kiss her back?" Cisco asked, sitting down next to Barry.

"No."

"Did you tell Caitlin?"

"Not yet."

"Go tell her."

"Ok."

Apparently, all Barry needed was for someone to tell him to get up and tell her. He left his duffel bag in the hallway and then walked into the cortex. Caitlin was cleaning up some of her medical supplies, but looked up and smiled at Barry walked in.

"Hey! How did that go?" Caitlin asked as Barry walked over to her.

"She kissed me," Barry let it out.

"Did you kiss her back?" Caitlin's smile fell off her face.

"No," Barry told her.

"Good," Caitlin's smile returned.

"But..." Barry started.

"But what?" Caitlin's smile went away again.

"I don't know what my feelings are for her. I feel like I could still like her a little, I'm just not sure," Barry explained.

"What does that mean?" The anger in Caitlin's voice was not the tone Barry wanted to hear.

"It means that I need some space to figure out everything," Barry sighed, regretting his decision.

A petal fell off the rose on Caitlin's desk as a tear fell from her cheek.

"I thought we were bulletproof," Caitlin looked away from Barry. "I thought you were the one I could always count on. I thought that you would always protect me. I thought you loved me!"

Barry cut off Caitlin by connecting his lips to hers. He cupped his hands around her face. The kiss barely lasted a few seconds.

"I do love you," Barry whispered, his hands still cupping her face and their faces still centimeters away.

"I'm not so sure about that," Caitlin whispered.

Caitlin walked away. Before exiting the room, she took off her necklace and let it fall to the floor in sync with another flower petal. 

----------

Dear readers,

I'm back! Here's another long awaited chapter. Did you see the Olicity parallel?!? I ship Olicity, so I'm sorry if you don't. Sorry about the ending, but you know it had to happen. 

Comment and Vote!

Follow me on Instagram - flash.xoxo

Love, the author, 

Elly :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 2.5K 62
The future said it, it was their destiny. But the future can be wrong sometimes. First snowbarry fanfic. Don't own characters or pictures. Mostly un...
4.3K 203 22
This is a book of one shots of Snowbarry based on songs. I don't any of the characters or songs.
50.9K 1.5K 22
When he's not helping the city by stopping criminals with his forensic expertise, he's saving the city from other threats. Barry allen fights other m...
5.7K 229 10
The year is 1943 and a young couple's love is threatened by the war. Cover by @Cisco_SW