Alexa. (#1)

By SarrahSamadoni

#908 in Teen Fiction '9/12/2016' #788 in Teen Fiction '18/1/2017' Life could be really tough. It could be sun... More

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
(35)
(36)
(37)
(38)
(39)
(40)
(41)
(42)
(43)
(44)
(45)
Acknowledgements
Sequel!
NEW BOOK!

(13)

8.1K 245 6
By SarrahSamadoni

It has been 3 days. 3 days since I cancelled the bet with Noah, 9 days since I was diagnosed, signalling I only have approximately 5 weeks or so left.

After cancelling the deal, Noah told Zach to tell Zoë to inform me that he doesn't need the money because he didn't do his end of the deal, it kinda made me frustrated a bit, but I had to just let it go. I didn't dare look at the texts I had piled up in my phone, they would even make me feel more guilty than I already am. But, Zoë keeps in check with me over the phone, saying that they are fine and all.

If you're wondering what is going on here, mom went on a business trip, but she texts all the time to keep in check with me as well. As for me, I had caught this huge fever, apparently cancer lowers the ability of your immunity system to actually be immune to these stuff, and since it is Leukemia, this fact is enlarged by a huge amount. And as Derek is a bit busy these days, I told him I would be fine and that he can't call Zoë, because she'll give me yet another headache. He didn't approve at first but I persuaded him not to tell her. He sent me some meds but they hardly worked, so he said that I'll be okay in 5 days times instead of the usual 3.

So, basically, this has been hell to all of us.

So here I am, laying on my bed, feeling as ill as ever, I kept sniffling and coughing a lot, and my temperature won't get lower than 39°C. It is killing me as I can't even eat anything without throwing up, and the headache is disgusting as well. So as I said, I lie on my bed, my headphones on, playing Hotel Ceiling by Rixton quietly. I can't do anything today but stare at the ceiling actually, earlier I had a shower with warm water as Derek instructed, apparently too cold would increase the fever, and I despise hot water, so, warm it was. So now I was wearing a fluffy-feeling, thick purple sweatpants with a tight long-sleeved black tee, with my hair in a messy bun over my head, my eyes had black circles around them from the sleepless nights and the sickness (both of them) and I looked even paler than before. And like everything I face in front of me, I just sighed.

As the songs continued shuffling through my Beats, I feel my phone vibrate beside me and the music stops, I pick it up and glance at it, seeing that it was Zach calling me. It was also the moment I realised it's already 3 pm, damn, I have been so lazy lately. I groan as I take off the Beats and answer warily.

"Hello?" I answer, my voice hoarse a bit.

"Alexa? Oh thank God you answered." He says, relief lacing his voice.

"What?" I say, not comprehending what he said.

"Can you come downstairs and to your front door? There's a surprise out there." He says excitedly.

I stay silent for a minute.

"What?" I ask dumbly.

"Just come downstairs!" He says them hangs up. I sigh as I take the covers off my body, before taking off my black tee and wearing my Adidas black hoodie, fevers always make me feel cold ever since I was a little girl. I wear my fluffy white slippers and take my phone and slide it in my the tissue box with me, blowing my nose as I start my slow descend along the stairs. After the slow walk and me preventing myself from falling due to my dizziness, I finally reach the front door. I take in a deep breath as my shoulders fall down, curving my back. As I open the door, I notice the grey hair of Zach's accompanied by Aiden's blonde on. I look at both of them as Zach's smile and Aiden's guilty look disappear and immediately are replaced by ones of worry.

"Lex?" Zach says. I smile lightly at him before tiredly glaring at Aiden.

"What is he doing here? He wants to humiliate me even more?" I say, my voice croaking, reminding me that I need water. Zach's eyes widen.

"No, no! He came here to-" Aiden cuts him off.

"Apologize. I am so sorry, Alexa. I didn't mean any of what I have said these stuff that day. I was a jerk, I admit it, I was just so angry and I decided I was going to dump it all on you, I am so sorry." He says sincerely, guilt and regret lacing his voice. My face softens at this and I open the door wider for them to come in, smiling tiredly.

"Come in, then, don't want the neighbours to think that you are enemies, huh?" I say. They laugh as they get inside and I guide them to the living room.

"Do you wanna drink something?" I say. They both denied it but I look at them with a 'don't-lie' look. Zach sighs as he glances at Aiden.

"Orange juice will be okay." He says with a nod as they both sit down on the couch. I nod happily then slowly walk to the kitchen, trying not to show that I am dizzy. I open the fridge as the cold air rushes out, making me shiver a bit, I take the orange juice out and take out 2 cups, filling them. Grabbing a tray and 3 bottles of water, I try to balance the cups on the tray along with the bottles, making me walk even slower for my shaking hands to calm down. I finally reach the coffee table in the living room with no accidents and place the tray and water down, and then handing both of them their drinks. Finally sitting down I sigh, opening my water bottle and drinking slow sips, considering it's called and it's the first thing to have put in my stomach since yesterday evening, when I tried to eat an apple but threw up again. Disgusting, I know. I look up at the both of them weirdly.

"So, not being rude or anything, why are you here?" I say with a chuckle. Zach laughs as Aiden smiles a bit but it turns into a chuckle.

"Um, Aiden wanted to apologize and we wanted to, uh, kinda persuade you into completing the bet with Noah?" Zach trails off, with a look of hope on his face. I look at him with a 'don't-try' look.

"Um, I think I'll pass, yeah." I say.

"What? Why?" Aiden says.

"Well, I am already causing the both of you unnecessary pain, why add another one on my list of casualties? He'll be better if he doesn't know at all." I say.

"Really? Have you seen him these past 3 days? He was a nervous wreck! He didn't know what happened and he kept blaming himself and all, until Zoë finally knocked some sense into him." Zach says. "She didn't expose you, don't worry, but she kept telling him that what happened, happened and he should move on, but he isn't having any of it. We haven't seen him at all the last 2 days, his phone is always shut off. So, please, bring back the deal, please." He adds.

"Zach, I already told Noah I am going to give him the money but he won't listen to me. So, I guess I'll give you guys the money and you can deliver it to him?" I say.

"Its not all about the money, Alexa! Noah has been comfortable with you since that day you guys met at the store, he wants to be-friend you, why not give him a chance?" Aiden says.

"Because that chance will cost him pain." I say, rubbing my temples as I feel the headache get stronger.

"Well, you of all people should know that pain is tolerable and we all will go through pain sometimes. It's okay." Zach says as Aiden nods then sighs.

"Don't listen to me, Alexa! I was a jerk and probably still am, but don't listen to me, I speak nonsense all the time, like I have Italian roots, what do you expect from me?" He chuckles as Zach and I laugh. "So, please, we won't force you into it, but just, consider it, okay? Just think about what you could achieve with 3 totally crazy teenagers who can rock your world! Okay?" Aiden adds hopefully. The puppy looks they both were giving me were the only thing that made e say this,

"Fine, fine! I'll think about it, but no promises, just give me a day or two to register this, and try to contact Noah then tell me, okay?" I say and they both yell a 'Yay!'. I laugh at their children behaviour. After another bit of chit-chatting, I see that they both finished their juices so I get up on my slightly wobbly legs and start to carry the cups. My legs wobble a bit under me but I steady myself, but this didn't go unnoticed by Aiden.

"Alexa, are you okay?" He says.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I am okay, you guys need anything from the kitchen?" They both shake their heads as they start talking about a game or something. I shake my head amusingly at both of them and start to walk slowly again to the kitchen before placing the glasses into the dishwasher. As I was returning I feel myself getting really dizzy that I have to balance myself by placing my hand on the wall as I walk. As I reach them Zach looks up at me worriedly.

"Lex?" He says as he approaches me Aiden in tow. I lean harder on the wall as I breath heavily.

"What's wrong?" Aiden says, alarmed. They were both now standing in front of me. Aiden shakes his head as he puts my right arm over his shoulders and puts his left arm around my waist and then he drags me to the couch, laying me on it. Zach crouches beside as he looks at me in the eye.

"What's wrong?" He says.

"I have a fever." I say, croaking the words out. He puts his hand on my forehead before frowning deeply.

"Lexi, you are burning up, why didn't you say anything?" He says.

"I called Derek, he said that I'll be good in a 5 days time. And mom is in a business trip if you're going to ask." I say.

"You could've said something, Alexa." Aiden says and I smile at him, he'll be a really good friend.

"It's okay, I'll just take a nap then I'll be fine." I say. They both nod, then get up, Aiden places a bottle of water beside me.

"Okay, drink a lot of water, stay warm, don't move a lot, wash your face every now and then, call us when you wake up, if you don't wake up tonight then tomorrow morning, okay?" He says, I smile at him gratefully and nod. He hesitates before lowering himself down and hugging me quickly, I freeze then hug him back, Zach then hugs me and then they both leave. I wait to hear the door close till I take out my phone, deciding that I should see the texts Noah sent. As I open them, I get out the oldest one, then going to the newer and then the newest.

'What?!'

'Did I do something wrong?'

'What happened?'

'Is there something wrong with your family?'

'Please just answer me, assure me you're at least okay.'

'Fine, I guess I did something that pissed you off or something but okay, I am sorry, anyways.'

'Oh, and forget the money, I'll take care of it.'

'Bye...'

The texts made me feel guiltier than ever, I wasn't lying when I said that.

A yawn wrenches out of me as I lock my phone screen and then I decide I should sleep a bit, looking at the clock, I see it was already 5:30pm, then why not nap a bit?

And that's exactly what I did, I slept on the couch, forgetting a bit about my life.

*********

Heavy knocking on the door woke me up.

It was already dark outside, I get up from the not-so-comfortable couch as I glance at the clock, rubbing my eyes to get the sleep out of them it was 11:40pm, who would come around at this time? I sigh as I get up, I heading was still there and the dizziness as well, as I put my hand on my forehead I can still feel myself hot, I need to call Derek but tomorrow would be better. I take the bottle of water beside the couch and take a large swig of it, calming my aching throat.

The knocker knocks again, and I groan, walking to the door slowly while balancing on the wall. As I reach it, I pry the door open and take a good look at the person standing.

He was bloody and beaten, he also had bruised knuckles and a cut on his chest which was bleeding. I take a good look at his face and then gasp.

"Noah?" I whisper out. And with that he smiles gratefully at me before his eyes close and he starts falling face forward, passing out, and, of course, my weak arms couldn't hold him but it lessened the impact that he'd have.

There was only one thought on my mind as I started panicking at the situation;

Shit!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
159 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
2.8K 324 14
He rushes behind a car as I'm shooting at him as he's shooting while running away. "Imma Kill You Manny!" I growl at him angrily as I keep firing sho...
313K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...