Hidden Hearts

By 52Mila52

*This is a fan fiction based off of C. L. Stone's Ghost Bird series. Sang Sorenson is a very perceptive girl... More

Chapter 1. The beginning
Chapter 2. She who sees everything
Chapter 3. She who says it all
Chapter 4. She who hears everything
Chapter 5. Mr. Blackbourne
AN: Just a quick explanation...
Chapter 6. Gabriel
Chapter 7. Victor
Chapter 8. Kota
Chapter 9. And so it begins... or not?
Chapter 10. She who disappeared like a ghost
Chapter 11. Back to the beginning
Chapter 12. The half-naked girlfriend
Chapter 13. Dead meat
Chapter 14. Group hug!
Chapter 15. Silas
Chapter 16. Storm
Chapter 17. Nathan
Chapter 18. Dogs and bitches
Chapter 19. Grumpy bear
Chapter 20. Dreams and wishes
Chapter 21. First day
Chapter 22. First day part II
Chapter 23. What one does for family
Chapter 24. Sleepover
Chapter 25. First kiss
Chapter 26. Dominatrix?
Chapter 27. Missions and Retribution
Chapter 28. Moving
Chapter 29. Toasts
Author's Note
Chapter 30. The Academy - Aware
Chapter 31. Academy - Present
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33. Fire
Chapter 34. Family
Chapter 35. Bonding
Chapter 36. Academy - Request
Chapter 37. Academy - Inside
Chapter 38. Stalker
Chapter 39. Laying down the law
Chapter 40. When truths come to light
Chapter 41. Shortie!!
Chapter 42. Girls
Chapter 43. Boot camp

Chapter 44. The end

8.6K 380 87
By 52Mila52

As the day went on the boys seemed to relax a little more. Luke wasn't worried anymore and the others had accepted my joining the academy long ago.

Other teams had started to arrive before I went to talk with Luke that afternoon, and now, at dinner time we all gathered at the beach to enjoy the night breeze, meet new people and eat good food.

The boys never left me alone, for which I was grateful. Meeting new people wasn't really my thing and I preferred to hide behind them sometimes.

They knew how hard it was to me and were constantly looking at me, their eyes asking if I was fine or wanted a break, one of them was always by my side, with an arm wrapped around my body or a hand holding mine.

They were also being sweet, making sure to mention how beautiful I looked in the dress that Meanie had put me on and giving kisses in the cheeks or forehead whenever they could.

I could tell some of the other girls were staring at me in jealousy. Most of them didn't approach me, really.

Roxanne and Charlene had arrived with the girl right after me and the guys had. They all had spent a little of time in our cabin, talking and playing before leaving to meet with other teams.

The Toma team was here too and stayed a lot around my boys, mixing in with them.

I hadn't really spoken with them yet. We exchanged a few words, but mostly they stayed at the edges of our group, only talking with the boys.

I wondered why they kept staring at me though. It didn't bother me because I could see nothing malicious in their stares. But it was strange.

It was almost like they were studying me. Searching for something.

The three council members we had met earlier had called the new recruits by name that evening, to introduce them, but strangely they never called me, or Silas or North.

Phil had said that was because they already considered our situation taken care of.

I was glad for it. It meant that all I needed to do now was enjoy the week with my boys. There would be no confrontation with the academy for my right to remain with the family I choose and loved.

"Darling," Owen's voice, whispered at my ear brought me out of my thoughts. "A penny for your thoughts?" he asked.

I smiled at him in amusement. As if he needed a penny. He could read my every thought in my face.

His wry smile proved that he understood what I was thinking. "Would you like to go for a walk?"

I nodded my head, taking his proffered arm.

We walked down the beach, away from all the noisy and festivities going on behind us.

The waves were crashing at my feet and I twisted my toes, digging them in the wet sand, enjoying the feel in my skin.

"Your old friends have found another bird group that seems to interest them." He said after a while.

I looked up at him. His hair was windblown, his gray eyes watching the ocean. He was dressed in slacks, with the pant leg rolled up to his knees displaying strong calves and his bare feet. His white shirt was untucked, the sleeves were rolled to his elbow and a few buttons were open in a way that resembled Luke.

This was the most relaxed and disheveled I had ever seen him. But then, I guess there was no way he could wear a suit to the beach without looking strange, or he would have.

He turned his head to stare at me and I realized I had been checking him out and never responded to his comment.

I blushed and tried to raise my hand to my lips but he caught it and interlaced our fingers together. "Everything alright, Darling?" he asked, his voice faintly amused.

I huffed. "I am fine. It's not my fault you look far too good dressed like that, Owen." I raised my eyebrow at him, "Or should I say undressed?" I stared down to his half-open shirt.

He smirked at me. Actually smirked. "You can undress me any time you want, Darling, if that pleases you. Anything to make you happy."

I felt my jaw drop before a blush rose to my cheeks.

I slapped at his chest. "You are as incorrigible as Sean, sometimes. I swear..." I grumbled a little under my breath.

He laughed at me quietly before wrapping his arms around my waist and bringing me close to him, in a hug. I laid my head on his strong chest and listened to the beating of his heart, the sound of the waves behind me.

"You make me want to be different." He said, "Before you came back into my life I only lived to make my family happy. Now I wish to enjoy more this life as well. You did it for me, Darling." His gray eyes looked like melted silver when I stared into them and I felt my heart pounding in my chest in that rhythm that had become so natural around my boys.

"I love you, Owen. I think I always have, even when you weren't with me." I told him.

The smile he gave me was sweet and so happy that it nearly brought tears to my eyes.

"I love you too, Darling." He said before lowering his head and kissing me sweetly in the lips.

His kiss was loving and tender, showing a depth of feeling that he kept hidden from the world. But I could see it, his hidden heart. He'd always allowed me to see it.

Coming apart, we were both breathing heavily. Our chests moving together, hearts beating in synchrony.

He laid his forehead against mine, his grey eyes focused on mine.

"Have I ever mentioned as much I love those green eyes of yours?" He asked me, his voice sounding a little distracted.

I felt the devilry rising in my chest and smirked at him before answering. "Oh, is that because they remind you of Sean's?"

His eyes widened and he choked. "God, no! Sean is the last thing on my mind when I look at you!"

"Now, I am hurt, Owen. I had thought you loved me." Sean's teasing voice came from behind him.

Neither of us had heard him approaching, too distracted by each other.

Owen huffed, annoyed. "Don't be ridiculous, Sean."

"But Owen! You promised we'd be together forever!" Sean whined playfully.

Owen just sighed and stepped back from me."Did you need something, Sean?"

"Yes and no. I am in serious need of some things, such as Pookie's time, but that can wait for a bit more. Now I need to talk with you about our plans for Victor."

His words picked my curiosity. "What plans?" I asked them.

They both turned to me. "I know you are aware, Darling, that Victor doesn't enjoy playing for his parents. We are trying to find a way for him to stop playing." Owen said, his eyes showing his worry for his brother.

I thought for a moment. "Have you considered blackmail?" I asked them.

"We did, Pookie. But Victor's parents aren't the problem. We can easily deal with them."

I was confused. "If his parents aren't the problem then what is? I asked.

"Mr. Morgan is being strangely difficult. We've spoken with him, but he refuses to stop playing for his family even thought we all know he hates to do so."

I frowned. "Do you know why he is being stubborn?" I asked and they both shook their heads at me.

I found it very strange that Victor was being insistent at doing something that he clearly hated even thought his brothers were ready to help him stop. But then I thought about what sort of guy he was.

Victor Morgan, as a child, had taken leadership of a group of boys because he cared about them and carried the weight of a responsibility he didn't wish for in order to make them all happy.

What would he do now that he was older, for his family sake?

He, who had grown up believing he was only good for the money he made with his music?

Was Victor avoiding leaving his abusive parents behind because he still doubted his self worth to them?

"I think I might know what is going on, Owen. Why don't you let me handle it?"

Owen studied me for a moment before he sighed and reached for my hand, "As you wish, Darling. I trust you know what is better."

I smiled at him in thanks as Sean reached for my other hand and we started our track back to the others.

"Now, as I was saying before we got distracted, Darling, it seems that your old friends have found a team for themselves." Owen began saying.

I looked up at him, "Is that so?" I tried not to shown the relief in my voice but from the wry smiled on their faces I knew I hadn't been successful.

"Indeed, Pookie" Sean agreed cheerfully, "Soon it will be just you, me and our servants once more."

Owen glared over at Sean, "Who are you calling a "servant", Dr. Green?"

"Why, you of course, my old friend. With that preference you have for suits one could easily confuse you for an English butler."

Owen's glare became sharper and he snapped "At least I don't dress myself like an eggplant."

Sean was currently dressed in old, dark green shorts and a purple band t-shirt that had obviously seen better days if the holes in it was any indication.

Gabriel had nearly had a conniption when he saw him and immediately started raving about how his work and efforts were wasted on these "ungrateful fuckers!"

Sean merely smiled at Owen, not really caring about what his friend thought of his choice in clothing. Owen had always gripped about Sean's lack in decorum and fashion sense, anyway.

Looking around the party going on, I was suddenly distracted by the sight of Phil and Mrs. Rose dancing together.

Elbowing Sean on his side to get his attention I raised my chin at the couple before sending a questioning look his way. Sean turned his head to see what I was indicating and turned back to me with a wicked smile on his face.

"It seems that Luke and Owen convinced Phil to accompany Mrs. Rose in one of her explorations. They ended up lost inside a cavern, just the two of them." He said, the wicked gleam in his eyes making me suspicious about the circumstances that led to two veterans of the academy to end up "lost", but I let it go, deciding it was best not to know in this case.

As we reached the other boys I was grabbed by Gabriel who pulled me into a tight hug, his arms going around my waist and lifting me from the floor. My arms went around his neck and I held on while he swayed from side to side.

"Trouble! Where the hell have you been all of this fucking time?!" his face was buried at my neck and his warm breath tickled my skin, causing delicious shivers to run up my spine.

"Meanie," I said, "I was just taking a walk with Owen and Sean."

He grunted, "Well, it's time to start the dancing and I want you to dance with me" he leaned back to look in my eyes, his bright blue eyes looking suddenly unsure.

"Do you want to dance with me, Trouble?" he murmured.

I smiled at him, my heart melting at the thought of dancing with my Gabriel, "I would love that, Gabriel." I told him and he smiled at me, his expression happy and excited.

"Well, then, what are we waiting for?" he asked before letting me go and grabbing my hand to pull me over to where the other couples were all dancing happily.

We spent almost two hours dancing. I dance mostly with him, but sometimes the other boys would butt in and dance with me for a little.

Our last dance was a slow one. He pulled me close to his chest and I laid my head over his heart, his arms around me, mine wrapped around his neck as we swayed from side to side.

I looked up at him and saw he was already looking down at me, a content smile on his face, his bright blue eyes shining with happiness.

"Did you have fun, Trouble, sweetheart?" he asked in a murmur.

I loved his nickname for me, but I also loved when he used some other endearments for me.

I felt myself melting against him even more. "Yes, you know I love to dance with you Gabriel." I raised a little in tip toe to nuzzle against his neck the way the boys sometimes did with me.

I always felt good when they did that and I want to give them a little of what they gave me every day.

Gabriel's chest rumbled under me as he answered, "I love spending time with you, sweetie." His hot breath warmed my cheek as he'd leaned down to whisper in my ear, "I love you." He murmured to me.

I pulled back to look in his eyes and saw all the love, brightness and vulnerability that made him so special there.

Cupping his cheeks I whispered, "But I love you more..." before brushing my lips against his.

He smiled against my mouth, "Fucking hell, Trouble. There is no way you love me more than I love you." He murmured back, kissing me between words.

"But I do." I said, playing with him.

"Do not." He answered before biting my lower lip.

I gasped.

The sudden feel of hands on my hips caused me to jump a little but the smell of vanilla tickling my nose made me relax.

"Mind if I join?" Luke whispered from behind me, "You looked like you were having fun!"

"Well, we were until you interrupted." Gabriel grumbled.

I just laughed. I knew he didn't really mind, we had spent enough time alone together and he and Luke often came after me together anyway. They were used to work together to drive me crazy and it was obvious they both enjoyed seeing me become overwhelmed by their combined attention.

After the music was over we found the other guys and all together went back to our cabin for the night.

I would be sleeping with Kota and Victor this time and after getting dressed in the green and white pajamas that Gabriel had chosen for me I went to lie down on the bed.

I planned to wait for the boys so I could speak with Victor, but my body didn't listen to my demands and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out for the night.

......

"Is that her, Logan?" Lucia asked me. She was wrapped around my neck like an octopus, hugging the life out of me, and not for the first time I wondered what had possessed me to accept dating with her.

Then I remembered that if not for her I would be returning to a dark and empty apartment after the camp and I was tired of being alone when not with my team.

I loved my brothers and I loved my job, but it took a lot of time and I could never manage to have a real relationship unless it was with another academy member.

"Yeah." I said simply, seeing Sang dance with her team. Those boys didn't let anyone get too near her. They were very smart, it was obvious Sang was a special sort of girl and any number of us, lonely, academy agents would love to have the chance of stealing her from them.

"Hummph!" Lucia grumbled, "She doesn't looks like anything special. I don't see why everyone was so excited to meeting her." She groused.

I rolled my eyes, "Jealousy is a very petty emotion, Lucia. Grow up."

She flushed, her eyes widening at me before she glared and stomped off.

Great, now I didn't have a warm body to keep me company in the cold nights again.

I sighed.

I didn't even care about the sex. Really. Right now all I wanted was someone to come home to.

Suddenly I felt someone bumping into my back.

"Sorry!" said the soft, feminine voice. "I didn't see you there, Hon."

Turning around I saw a stunning red-head with bright green eyes. She was as tall as I am and her looks were worthy of a modeling job.

She was stunning.

"No problem." I said, trying to sound nonchalant when all I wanted to do was beg for her name and phone number.

Her green eyes were shadowed, but there was a brightness to them that spoke of a strength of will that few possessed.

I wanted to know more about her. Who was she? What happened to her? Did she have a boyfriend?

"Do you want to dance?" I asked her, striving to keep my voice steady and emotionless.

She smiled at me, her eyes crinkling in amusement, a knowing light in them that made gulp thickly.

"Sure thing, Hon." She said, stepping into my arms so we could dance to the song that was playing.

It was a slow song and she stepped really close to me, her chest almost flush to mine as her arms went around my neck.

I put my arms around her waist and took a deep breath, smelling the roses and jasmine that I guessed were coming from her.

She felt so good in my arms, she fit just right. Was it destiny that I met her tonight?

Bloody hell, I am starting to sound like a girl in my mind. See what feeling lonely does to a guy...

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Jay. Jay Wilson." She said.

"I am Logan, Logan Carmichael."

Jay Wilson, Jay Carmichael... I thought it fit.

Ugh, now I sounded like a high-school girl. Next thing I would be comparing our signs and checking the horoscope for our compatibility...

......

I woke up with my nose buried into Victor's neck, his fingers were dancing over my ribs taping to a rhythm that only he could hear. My right arm and leg were thrown over him and I was almost sleeping on top of him.

I hummed lightly against him, feeling lazy and contented. Taking a deep breath I smelled berries and moss, but there was no spicy scent in the air.

"Princess..." Victor murmured against my temple, his lips brushing my skin lightly.

"G' morning, sweetheart." I murmured, tightening my arm around him to pull him closer.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me on top of him instead, my legs falling open to either side of his hips, my arms coming to rest at his chest.

I blinked down a t him, sleepily and he smiled at me. "That's better. Now I have a Sang-blanket to keep me warm." He said.

"I am heavy." I said, but didn't make a move to get off of him.

"You weigh no more than a feather, Princess." He said to me, his smile sweet, and his fire eyes burning into me, keeping me warm even with the morning chill in the air.

I smiled at him. Victor was so beautiful, even when he'd just woken up, his hair a mess and his face with marks from the pillow.

I raised my hand to his soft, brown locks and ran my fingers through it, caressingly.

He closed his eyes briefly, a happy and contented expression on his face.

I rose to my hands and knees and crawled until my face was level with his before lowering myself and nuzzling at his neck, my left hand going back to his hair.

He hummed in pleasure when I started kissing the column of his neck. "Princess..." his hands, which had gone back to tapping at my ribs were now at my hips, holding me to him. "You are being very affectionate this morning."

I raised my head from his neck and raised an eyebrow at him to which he blushed, "Not that you aren't always caring with us all, but usually you don't take the initiative to caress or kiss us."

He was right. But I was changing that from here on. I needed them to know how much I loved them all. Besides...

I lowered my head to his neck and kissed his pulse point. He gasped and moaned quietly. The sound made my body heat and my heart pound in my chest.

Besides... this was fun. I wonder what other sounds I can extract from him. Why didn't I do this before?

"Princess..." his voice was rougher now and his hands had started to run up and down my spine in a massaging motion. He sounded like he was pleading for something but I could figure out what it was he wanted. I went on with my exploring.

After a while I decided that his shirt needed to go, it was on my way and that was counterproductive for my exploring. I started to lift it from him when his hands on my waist made contact with my bare skin where my shirt had ridden up.

It was distracting. I grabbed his hands and pushed them over his head and help them there with one hand while the other went back to his shirt, completely ignoring his murmured "Sweet goddess."

I had almost managed to remove his shirt completely when his phone sudden ringing startled us both.

Those damn things had been created by the devil just so I couldn't have fun.

Victor groaning in disappointment indicated his train of thought was a lot like mine.

Picking up the phone he barked an irritated "What?" into it.

I thought at first that it was one of the boys calling, but when he said the word "mom" I grabbed the phone, hung up and threw it over my shoulder.

He looked at me perplexed, sputtering something about a concert and the wages...

I fixed him with my most stern glare, "Do you want to play at this concert, Victor?"

He blinked at me, his fire eyes subdued. I hated to see his eyes like that.

I cupped his face with my hands, "Victor, sweetheart, why is it that you keep playing for them if you don't like it?"

He lowered his eyes from mine for a moment before returning them, the vulnerability and fear in them making my heart squeeze painfully. "I make a lot of money, Princess. Money that we can use for our family."

Just as I thought. He still worried about his worth to us. I wasn't about to allow this to go on. "Victor Morgan," I began with my most commanding tone, trying to pull fort my inner Owen, "You aren't going to play for them anymore."

His eyes widened and he opened his mouth, no doubt to argue with me, but I didn't give him a chance.

I fused my lips to his, biting lightly at his lower lip before licking it to remove the sting. He gasped and let my tongue go inside his mouth exploring him the way I had wished to earlier.

Pulling back to drawn a breath I repeated, "You are not going back to them, Victor."

He was panting, his cheeks flushed and his eyes burning like an inferno. "Princess, I can't..."

I kissed him again, silencing his protest once more, "No," I murmured against his lips.

He groaned, "But..." he started mumbling.

"No." I repeated. "You are mine, I don't lend you to them anymore."

I felt as the air seemed to leave completely his lungs and his body which had been tense melted into the mattress.

I pulled back so I could look him in the eyes.

His fire eyes were even hotter than before and I felt my heart jump at the sight. "I am yours?" he asked, his voice low and rough. "Even without my money and fame?"

I took his chin in my hand, "I don't care about money or appearances. It is you, Victor, that I always wanted."

One moment I was leaning on top of him, the next he'd flipped me over onto my back, his weigh settling over me gently before he took my lips in a toe curling kiss that made my thoughts scatter and my heart race.

There was nothing but Victor for me in that moment, the feel of his body against mine, his scent in my nose, his taste in my mouth and his fire eyes in my line of vision.

He kissed for what felt for hours, his lips sometimes gentle and tender, and other times possessive and hungry.

I couldn't get enough of him, but he stopped eventually.

"We need to feed you, Princess, before those Neanderthals take you away to explore the woods." He murmured, giving me one last sweet kiss on the lips.

Walking out of the room and into the living room/kitchen I saw that all my boys were already up.

Catching Owen's eye I sent him a wink and he smiled at me, a pleased expression on his face that made me straighten my spine and raise my chin a little.

We eat our breakfast and discussed what we would do that day. A few of the boys had been asked to do a few demonstrations for the new recruits but others were free to do what they wished.

I watched surreptitiously as Victor made his way to sit beside Owen and they started to discuss his moving out of his house and into another one. Maybe Nathan's.

"Oy! If he is moving in with Trouble then so am I!" Gabriel suddenly shouted, warning everyone to the business at hand.

That, of course, resulted in a long and draw out discussion about all of our living arrangements and when we would be able to change them.

There were a lot of arguments, giggles and threats of cures.

I let they argue and do as they wished because at the end of the day only one thing mattered to me, and it was that could always come home to them, because for me home wasn't a house, but a group of boys who had stolen my heart and given me theirs.

......

The week went by surprisingly quickly with quite a lot of fun moments.

The best one being when Roxanne got drunk and threw herself at Owen, screaming, "TAKE ME, YOU SEXY BEAST!" at the top of her lungs.

I fell from the chair where I had been sitting on at the time, unable to contain my laugher.

Luke had the whole thing on video, it was a memory that I would love to share with our children someday.

I made a few new friends in the academy, but spent most of my time with my family, as they had promised.

By the last day I received the news, through Alice, that my blood family was "taken care of", whatever that meant.

By the unholy glee on her face at that announcement I wasn't sure I wanted to know.

She and the girls would be moving back to NY with Roxanne and Charlene. Logan and his team would go with team to "help the girls acclimate to the Academy."

I almost snorted at that. Those boys had fallen hard for my old friends, and I couldn't be gladder.

If there was a group of girls who deserved a bunch of academy boys in their lives, it was them.

Pilling back into our cars we drove back to Charleston, this time I went with Sean and Owen.

I thought at first that we would be going to Sean's condo, but when Owen turned down another road I shot them both confused glances.

They just smiled at me but never answered my silent question. Soon, the street started to look familiar and I began to recognize where we were going.

Owen parked the car in the lot and Sean stepped out, holding the door open for me.

I took his hand and got out of the car.

Owen took my other hand and together we walked into the school courtyard, heading for that same three where it all had started so many years ago.

I sat down, with my back against the bark of the three and Sean kneeled in front of me, Owen choosing to sit by my side quietly.

Sean smiled big at me and asked, "Hello there pumpkin! Do you always come here?"

I smiled at him, "Not anymore, but if it were to meet you I would come every day, Cutie."

He laughed, "Look who is being a flirt now, Owen!"

Owen had his head resting against the three trunk, his eyes closed, a peaceful expression on his face. "Shut up, Sean. You might not scare her anymore, but you are still annoying." He said.

Sean scoffed, "You wound me, my friend!"

Owen just ignored him, opening those silver eyes of his he fixed me with a intent gaze. "Sang..." he began before gulping and I was surprise at the amount of vulnerability he was allowing to show on his face in that moment.

Clearing his throat he began again, "Sang, Darling, me and Sean brought you here for a reason."

Turning to look at Sean I saw that the playful expression had left his face and now he looked serious. My heart started to pound in my chest.

What were they doing?

Owen must've seen the doubt in my gaze, as he always did, for the next second his fingers were curling under my chin, raising my face to look at him.

His eyes looked like melted silver, and the love in them made the air rush from my lungs.

"We love you." he said.

"We have always loved you, Pookie." Added Sean, and I looked over at him.

His happy green eyes looked so vulnerable and at the same time so determined and full of love.

This boy wasn't sure of my feelings for me, but he planned to fight for them.

Silly boy... there was nothing for him to fight against. I was already his as much as I was his brother's.

Raising a hand to each of their cheeks I said the words that I had been waiting to say for years, "I love you two, Owen and Sean."

The End ;P

AN: *Waves!* I hope you enjoyed this story. I am sorry if it didn't end the way you expected it but can't keep writing this one anymore. I have no time.

Once I finish The Ghost Heiress I will start another one... well, actually I am already writing it, but I am not showing it to you guys yet ;P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 10.9K 39
Everybody knows the cast of Ghost Bird- the hit TV show has brought them from relative anonymity to media fame. For the past two seasons, Ghost Bird...
500K 20.2K 33
Sang Sorenson has been chewed up and spit out by life too many times. Abused by her stepmother. Neglected by her father. Hated by her sister. Bulli...
92.1K 4.4K 27
A FANFICTION OF CL STONE'S ACADEMY SERIES. Sang Sorenson was crazy. After all it was crazy to claim to see people who weren't there, to see places t...
114K 5.6K 16
**COMPLETED** Sang Sorenson is already a successful professional dancer at only 17 years old. Ever since her father died and left her alone with her...