Lycathion

By FromHell

#1 Lycans #12 Kings #18 Alphas ~ (3/2019) Ly'mere's would be something from books. Something that doesn't exi... More

Lycathion
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Note
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Notice - Authors Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 3

5.4K 225 6
By FromHell

LYCATHION

CHAPTER 3:

I woke up with my body covered in sweat. Images from my nightmare flashed on my mind and I wince just as a string of pain followed after. I push my legs through the covers and throw it off wincing as a sharp pain went through my arm.

Why on earth do I feel so terrible all of a sudden? Surely it's not that. I remember reading about going through such things yesterday, but it can't all be so sudden like this.

I looked down at my neck and saw red marks almost looking like a bruise starting from my collar bone down to the back of my arm.

Sitting up from the shock I gasp loud and wince again as a sharp pain went up through my left leg. It was the same result for my leg, there were strange bruises starting up from my ankle all the way up to my knee were it was mostly darker and looked like it was about to swell.

None of this was mentioned.

It took me a long while until I managed to get down all by myself.

My brothers and everyone looked up as I entered the kitchen. Their eyes went wide once they fell on the bruises.

"Guys, why do I have bruises all over me?" I ask, my throat tight with every word.

Dad walks in and stops mid track as he takes me in.

"What on earth." He snaps, his eyes growing dark as it falls on the bruise on my arm.

Yeah, it was that bad.

"It's happening to her isn't it?" Xavier says, speaking directly to dad.

What is?

He looked down and rubbed his face with his hands, blowing out a tired sigh. "I suppose she is. We're still not sure so we will not rush into anything. Cynthia, could you make sure she eats her breakfast, and give her a painkiller. Call James if anything happens." My mother was already in and by my side, rubbing my shoulder gently in comfort as she moved me to my room.

~ - ~

The pain continued to grow worse through the entire day. It was evening by the time it got to its peak. It felt like a burning heat was coursing through my body. The painkillers didn't do much but soothe the pain for only few minutes. Being too exhausted all I could do was sleep through the pain before waking up again as another shot of wave washes over me.

It felt like endless hours until the doctor arrived. He was tall with unruly blonde hair that gathered in curls around his ears wearing a dark coat.

He crouched in front of me before placing his cold palm on top of my forehead. I winced in pain at his touch that felt hard against my skin. I didn't even have the strength to move or question him as he injects 3 blue vials of liquid into my arm.

I didn't realize I fell asleep until my eyes opened slowly to the glowing light of the fire that crackled in the fireplace. Staring at the dancing flames I blow a tired sigh and wrapped the soft blanked tightly against me.

I didn't understand why I was in the living room lying on the couch but I discard the thought once I felt something wet on my forehead. Finding it to be a damp cloth, I move it away and put it aside.

Being exhausted as I was, I stayed like that for a while, bathing in the silence while my body throbbed and ached.

I shuffle in my position and crane my neck sideway to look towards the door once I heard the squeak of the door knob turning.

Xavier walks in looking tired and exhausted as I am. Walking towards me he sits down on the couch near my legs and pulled his head back to rest against the sofa. He breathes heavily and his nose and furrows his brows in frustration.

"Don't you look terrible." I mock, pleased as he returned it with a small tug of his lips.

"Speak for yourself."

Chuckling at his words I sit up and close my eyes in relief as I stretched out my legs that felt numb. Dalton and Hunter walk in on cue, the both of them looking equally as tired like Xavier.

I remember that they all had to go to a certain meeting. Obviously I was aware it involved "Ly'mere's".

"So I'm guessing there's an explanation to why I went through all of that." I say tiredly to them, fighting the urge to close my eyes and fall asleep again.

"You're body was simply trying to adapt. Symptoms like these around your age only shows you're closer to becoming a Ly'mere than what you already are. Sooner or later, you'll see a difference between the way you see things, hear, smell and move." Hunter explains from where he sat besides Dalton.

"Oh." Was all I could say in response before falling asleep again.

Perfect timing.

~ - ~

I was moving about the house, excising my muscles and stretching out my sore limbs until I came across a door I hadn't seen before.

A wash of smell from the other side of the door causes me to shrink back in disgust. It had an irony smell to it. Almost like blood.

Is this a new extension? I clearly remember there was never a door here 2 years ago.

Curious to know where it leads, I pulled the unlocked door open. Frowning, I looked down at the small dark staircase. I reached around the walls hoping to find a switch but it was hopeless.

Even though it was dark I still managed my way down. By the time the steps ended I found a corridor leading up to a door. The smell was stronger now, making it almost difficult to breathe.

Just as I approach the door I noticed the state of it. It was a thick steeled door that was bolted in place with a lock system that was designed to be only locked from the outside.

I was certain now that this place wasn't here before, and whatever was behind that door, clearly my family didn't want it coming out.

Curiosity getting the best of me I throw one last look behind me before I unlocked the door. Shivers went down my spine as my eyes ran over the marks over the door. It looked like nail's being scratched over them.

A thought pops up on my mind, but I quickly discard the horrid thought. It can't be anything of that sort. That was just stupid.

Opening the door, I struggle to pull it with the smell being so strong.

The first thing I noticed was the floor. It was dark, stained with several shades of brown and red.

Is this blood?

As if I felt eyes on me I trail my gaze up towards the source.

Men.

So many men of all ages sat behind bars with blood and wounds covering them.

I gasp and cry out at the sight, my knees feeling weak.

They all backed away slightly in fear, staring at me with caution. I trembled forward and looked throughout the men who all looked over the age of 22. Walking passed each cell I cower away from their stares. I pushed a hand through my hair to pull it in front of my face to shield myself from their looks.

What was this?

Their eyes peered out through their dark cages. They moved closer as they began to notice I meant no harm to them.

There was something about their eyes that terrified me. They were dark to the brim, empty and lifeless.

They all stared out like empty vessels.

Something shuffles in the distance of the basement, stealing my attention. It was darker towards the back. Even though every fibre of my body screamed at me to turn back, I found my legs already moving towards it while the men from all sides began growling like animals.

Stopping a good distance away I notice the last cell was wrapped in barb wires. Clearly it was to prevent whatever inside from escaping.

"You shouldn't be here."

I felt something wash over me as I heard his voice. It was low, and even though it sounded like a threat there was something soft about it.

Being careful, I crouch trying to see him through the dark.

"Why shouldn't I be here?" I ask gently.

I see something move and flinch back. Being taken by surprised as I noticed he was a lot bigger than I was.

The short silence felt painfully long until I saw him move closer towards the light. Just as the light fell on his face I gasped and backed away immediately.

His eyes.

They were more inhuman than the rest of the men here.

I'm almost paralysed by his look as I stare back in shock.

His head moved so quick in a short tilt that I reacted too late to it.

"You're young." I felt a chill by his words, but even though he wore a cruel smirk there was something else behind those eyes.

As if he notices me inspecting him he leans back in a sitting position. He scoffs; almost as he was disappointed by something as his eyes takes me in.

I didn't even notice myself doing the exact same. Trying to understand why this man would be here in such a state.

I was taken aback by the twisted cold smirk that plastered over his sharp face. I noticed that he must definitely be around my age, maybe older.

He has dark brown hair that fell messy over his eyes. He was tall and lean, and looked well with strong muscles that covered his frame.

As I was staring back at this stranger I watch as his eyes trail over something behind me.

I didn't dare look as I already knew the familiar presence.

"Eva."

------

RE-WRITTEN 2017 MARCH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.1K 962 48
Laura is different. She knew this when she was six after realising she was adopted. Now she is seventeen, waiting to shift into her wolf and find he...
884K 32.6K 53
♔︎𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞♔︎ ❝𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚊𝚍? 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚕𝚘�...
148K 8.1K 42
Meredith had always known about magic. Her family was magic, one of the most powerful mage lines out there. Having lost her parents to all the fighti...
331K 15.3K 29
Wolf pack laws are strict and always followed, no matter what the circumstance. Within these pack laws contains the most important pack law: If the o...