Look Again

By TheActress

•So I'm pretty badass. Just sayin. Ok maybe not all that badass. Or even bad. Ok I run the school newspaper... More

Look Again
Into the Woods
A Living Hell
600 Copies
Student-Teacher
Astrid, the Amazing
Torn
Comfort
I'm Out for Blood
The Chronicle
Chocolate Syrup and Sprinkles
Alive
$8,000
Jump
No Future
Last Night
A Dark Garden
You Idiot!
They Just Don't Get It
Bang!
The Chronicle
Thanksgiving
Excitement in Biology Class
I'm Always Yours
From His Eyes
On a Good Note
The Chronicle
One Month Later
Finishing Act
Thank you!

Prom?

178 6 1
By TheActress

23•••Prom?

"Has he asked you to prom yet?" Dakota asks as we walk down the hall.

"No. I don't think I'm going." I shrug. Prom is not really my thing. I only went last year to take photos for the newspaper.

"You have a boyfriend, a very hot boyfriend. You are going to prom." She looks at me like I'm crazy.

"I don't have anything to wear." I say.

"Really? That's your excuse? You have Astrid and I to help you." Dakota smiles.

"I'll think about it." I sigh. No I won't. I've decided I'm not going, end of story.

--//--

After school I sit with Sebastian in his workout room. He's doing pull-ups or something and I'm learning about the Revolutionary War. Lovely. And honestly it's very hard to pay attention to my note cards when a shirtless/well toned gorgeous man is in front of you.

Just sayin.

"Babe, to study you actually have to look at the notes." I snap from my daydreams and look at my paper. I look back at him and he's smiling at me.

"Well you're just so-distracting." I laugh. He drops his weights at his sides and runs over to me and leans right in my face.

"Is this distracting?" His green eyes are piercing into mine.

"Yes," I squeak. He kisses me. I take his face in mine and wow this is really distracting. Wait, what was I studying again?

Some point after he stopped kissing me he managed to pull me under him. Then Sebastian started doing push ups above me, everytime he would come down he would kiss me.

He's up to 276 push ups and he says he is still not tired. Whatever. Astrid comes down the stairs and looks at us weird.

"What are you doing?" She makes a weird face and is looking at the scene.

"Working out." Sebastian answers.

"Mhm and August, what are you doing?" She gives me the weird look.

"Well I was study, but I'm taking a break." I laugh.

"Interesting." She walks up the stairs but she pops her head from the curve and says, "Let's keep it PG down here." She winks and leaves.

"What's this?" I trace my fingers on his chest as he does crunches. I can hear him quietly count how many he's done.

"A scar." He says.

"How did it happen?" I lightly trace over the scar. It reaches from his right shoulder blade across his chest diagonally to his left rib cage.

"I had surgery."

"Why?" I ask.

"A secret for a secret?" He stops and looks at me breathing heavy.

"Uh sure."

"I was 15 and someone attacked me after a football game with a knife. Didn't do much damage and I had a heart replacement when I was 16." He goes back to doing sit-ups.

Wait isn't he 17?

"Your turn." He nods.

"I don't know. You know my biggest secret so far." I shrug. "Um. When I was 15 I stole lingerie from Victoria's Secret." Sebastian stats laughing and he clutches her stomach.

"Why?" He asks while laughing.

"Dakota and I were bored. I've never wore it." I shrug. He perks up.

"Do you still have it?" Sebastian has this look in his eyes. I scoff and push him backwards.

"Yes, but you're not going to see it." I smile.

"Oh." His face falls. "I wasn't asking for you, I was wanting to wear it." His face is completely serious and I can't help but laugh. I'm laughing so hard that I fall backwards on the mat.

--//--

All week at school Sebastain has been a little on edge. He's been jumpy whenever he sees me and people keep talking about prom. Prom this. Prom that. It's making me sick.

Every time I see Trevor-Grace or Faith I feel like they are sending daggers at me with their eyes. They gossip and make hateful glares, but I don't care. Because I have the guy and they don't.

I go sit by Sebastian during lunch. He is sitting off by himself at a table and no one is around.

"Hey," I smile and sit next to him.

"Hey," he weakly smiles.

"What's wrong? You've kinda been acting weird all week." He looks away from me. "Is everything ok?"

"Yeah." He forces a smile.

"So I've been kinda wondering um, this is weird because I've never asked a guy out, ok will you go to prom with me?" I smile. He smiles but it falls when he sighs.

"I'd love to but I can't." He takes my hand in his.

"Oh. Ok." I try and act ok. It's really no big deal. (Yes it is.)

"It's not that I don't want to-I have a soccer tournament out of town that whole weekend."Sebastian rushes out.

"I understand," I smile.

"But you should go. Have fun with the girls." He smiles.

"No, it wouldn't be as fun." I laugh.
The class bell rings. Saved by the bell.

"I gotta go. I'll see you after school." He kisses my cheek and walks off.

At least I don't have to go to prom. That's a relief, right?

--//--

"What do you mean you're not going to prom?" Dakota yells.

"I mean, I'm not going to prom. " I repeat again.

"The hell you are." Astrid

It's Saturday and Dakota, Astrid and I are all at the coffee shop. I just told the girls that I'm not going, they aren't taking it too well.

"It's your senior prom, you didn't go last year, and I really want to go." Dakota complains.

"Yeah and I wanted to go too." Astrid whines.

"You dont even go there!" I look over at Astrid and laugh.

"Yeah but she was gonna be my date." Astrid points to Dakota.

"Uh." I stutter.

"Not like that!" Dakota throws a napkin at me.

"Hey what does that mean? Are you saying you wouldn't want to go out with me like that?" Astrid's eyes widen.

"Well-I mean-"Astrid laughs.

"Just kidding." She winks. "I'm gonna be Dakotas 'date' because I didn't get to go to my senior prom. I was sick and I still have my dress. So you are going, missy."

"I don't know." I fiddle with the napkins on the table.

"Come on. I already bought you a dress." Astrid takes the napkins from my hands.

"What?!" I choke on my coffee.

"I know your size, you will look great and it's at my house." She smiles.

"No Astrid." The two brush me off like I said nothing of any importance. Why did I ever think the two should be friends. All they do is gang on up me.

"Ok so it's settled, next Saturday meet at my house at 3. We will get ready, go out to eat, then go to the school." Astrid says.

"How is it settled, I said no." I ask.

"Yeah well you don't get to vote." I scoff and ignore the two.

I am not going to a stupid dance.

I am not.

I refuse.

--//--

"I'm not going to this stupid dance." I mumble.

"Would you shut up. You're hair and makeup are already done. Go in the bathroom and change." Dakota points to the bathroom and starts tapping her foot impatiently. Don't mess with a girl in Cajun Shrimp nail polish.

"No." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Now!" The two girls say at the same time.

Dakota is wearing a lavender, short dress and Astrid's dress is black with studs on the skirt. It's a high low dress and mine, well I haven't seen it yet.

I slip on the dress and finally look at myself in the mirror. I'm scared to open my eyes. What if it's awful? Gosh I worry a lot.

Oh My God.

The dress is a deep purple with a sweetheart neckline. The bodice has gems on the side with a slit in the skirt.

It's beautiful and I feel...amazing. Astrid and Dakota high five when they see me. Dakota hands me a bracelet and a pair of earrings.

They curled my hair in big sections.
I feel amazing. Gosh, I can't stop saying it. Soon my mom arrives. She drives over to take pictures of all of us. She cries the whole time, saying we all look so grown up and beautiful. She can barely hold it together when her and I take pictures.

"I know your a little sad that he won't be there but we will have fun." Dakota takes my hand and squeezes it.

"I know." I smile. "I just wish he was here."

"He will make it up to you somehow." Astrid takes my other hand.

--//--

After more photos and dinner we all pile in the car and head to the school. The theme this year is New York 1929. The teachers are all dressed like Great Gatsby characters.

Everyone looks great. Even Faith looks great, but she always does, her date looks really sharp in his suit. He looks kinda familiar. The more I look at him the more it comes to me. Now I know where I've seen him before.

Faith is dancing with her date. She leans in and kisses him. Her date should have been my date. He just so happens to be my boyfriend.

What a coincidence.

--@);/:$@/"/$(-:/)&@$:-

Cue the dramatic music!

Vote& comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
234K 8.4K 30
C O M P L E T E D "Every Good Girl Needs A Bad Boy!" After getting an anonymous message from a male social media user, supposingly attending...
2.9K 1.2K 23
⭐ #1 in high school love story.⭐ ⭐COMPLETED⭐ 'Why are things getting against me?' 'Why am I with him every time I am in an embarrassing situation?' ...
3.8K 39 23
The two strongest sports teams at Starrymont High School was women's volleyball and men's football. Kennedy Valentine was a competitive and witty gi...