4.4 | Trigger ✓

By hepburnettes

Three months after Civil War, Bucky Barnes is forced out of his cryogenic state. The Avengers believe it's sa... More

foreword
01 | один
02 | рассвет
03 | ржaвый
04 | добросердечный
05 | желание
06 | грузовой вагон
07 | семнадцать
08 | печь
10 | возвращение на родину

09 | девять

41.9K 2.5K 1.3K
By hepburnettes

A/N

Just a reminder that this is the penultimate chapter of Trigger. So enjoy it while it lasts, because we're almost at the end.

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

0 9

д е в я т ь

(n i n e)

FOR THE FIRST time, she truly feared him.

He wasn't Bucky anymore – just the Winter Soldier. Her feet were rooted to the ground, her heart thundering in her chest as he slowly lifted his gaze to look right at her. But instead of the usual warmth they held, his eyes were cold and empty now, not a trace of emotion visible on his face. And all she could think about were the words he'd said to her earlier –

Kill me before I kill you.

But how could she?

"Listen to me," She whispered quietly, taking wavering steps away from him as his gaze sharpened. "I know you're in there. Just – listen to me, please – "

A gleam of brown and silver caught her attention and his gaze zeroed in on the direction she was looking – at the rifle lying on the floor And then he was swiftly crossing the room in seconds, swiping and loading the rifle along the way. It was a precious few seconds, the tiniest window of opportunity that she used to retrieve Natasha's gloves from the couch. She'd barely had the chance to tug one of them on before she felt the barrel of the gun steady against her head.

Felt him pull the trigger.

Felt the empty click within.

He fired empty blanks several more times. No bullets. He'd used them all up earlier. The Winter Soldier couldn't remember her, but then, he couldn't remember what he did earlier as Bucky either. She used his moment of distraction to reach up, pressing the button on her silver bracelet, only to feel the jolt of electroshock subside just as quickly when he wrapped his metal fingers around her wrist, sending a surge of energy back.

Electromagnetic pulse, she could practically hear his voice in her head when he'd once told her about the functions of his bionic arm. Can be used to render an electronic device useless.

Ripping the bracelet from her wrist, he twisted her arm behind her back and slammed her against the nearest wall, ramming the handle of the rifle against her shoulder before dropping it to the ground with a clatter. A pained cry escaped her lips and she struggled, using her other hand to pry him off her. He was quicker, the fingers of his other hand latching around her arm, bending it at an angle that was so excruciating she felt that it was going to snap.

"Stop – " She gasped, feebly wrapping her fingers around his arm.

She felt a pulse from the black glove on her hand, a sudden static shock that swept through her and sent him flinching away like he'd just touched an open flame. Her shoulder felt dislocated, somehow, but she ignored the searing pain and scrambled to her feet, grabbing Redwing and feeling around for the catch on the drone.

"I'm sorry." She shook her head, feeling a shiver race down her spine when he righted himself and looked at her with death in his eyes, striding towards her with lethal purpose. "I know you're in there somewhere, and – "

He closed the gap between them and she reached up, a tiny device in her hand that she'd pulled from Redwing. But she didn't even have the time to launch it at him before his metal hand was knocking it out of the way, sending the device skittering across the room where it fizzed out in a failed charge of electricity.

Enhanced reaction time, he'd told her once, when she tried to sneak up on him but failed because he'd caught her around the waist and laughed, I'm afraid you'll have to work harder to surprise me.

He'd told her every ability he had as the Winter Soldier and it was all being used against her now – the abnormal amount of strength when he hauled her upright, the sting of electrical energy when he fired at Redwing and tore the drone away from her grasp, the unrelenting grip of his fingers around her throat as he began to suffocate her.

"Listen to me," She rasped, feeling her lungs tighten with the lack of air and black spots blurring her vision when he squeezed, his body pressing her against the wall with no means of escape. "You're – you're not the Winter Soldier – "

He didn't stop, his fingers steadily tightening their grip, the blue in his eyes cold as ice as he stared at her emotionlessly.

" – your name is James Buchanan Barnes – "

He tensed. A flicker of boyish confusion glimpsed his eyes for a fleeting second and his fingers froze on her throat, his voice barely restrained in thin fury when he finally spoke. "Shut up."

" – you lived in Brooklyn but you've been lost for a long time," She pushed on when he didn't make a move to strangle her further. "Your best friend's name is Steve Rogers. You've been living with me and Sam and Steve for the past few months –  "

"Shut up!"

" – you drink your tea black because you like things that match your bitter mood, and you're terrified of thunderstorms because they sound like the bomb raids you used to have during the war. You call me aнгел мой and моя любовь and all sorts of Russian words that I don't understand but that's okay because I know how you feel. And I'm in love with you – "

"Shut up!"

She braced herself when he drove his metal fist at her. But the collision never came.

Instead, she felt the shuddering quake of the wall creaking against the weight of his fist. Saw the faint lines cracks in the wall, the gleam of his metal fist hardly an inch away from her face. When she looked back at him, he was breathing raggedly, his hair falling into his eyes, his shoulders shaking with tremours that seemed to wrack through his entire body.

"You know I'm telling the truth." She said quietly, feeling him shiver when she spoke. "You know because you're doubting everything you believe to be true. You know because if you really wanted to kill me, I'd be dead by now."

He slowly lifted his head. When she met his gaze, she realised that he looked just as furious as he was terrified. He let his metal arm fall to her side, gripping her waist to keep her steady as his fingers around her throat fractionally loosened their grip. He scanned her briefly, eyes roving across the features of her face, an air of suspicion still hanging in the tension between them. "Prove it."

"Alright." She kept her hands still by her side as she kept her movements gradual. Any erratic movement could set him off again and she hardly wanted that. Slowly, she pushed herself up so that her face was levelled with his. His eyes instinctively darted down when she quickly swiped her tongue across her lips and he swallowed, an instinctive, almost unconscious action that gave her a glimmer of courage. "This is how I know," She whispered, "how much you love me."

He kept his eyes wide open when she shut hers, gently letting her lips close the gap between them, until she'd caught the smooth curve of his lower lip between both of hers. He was completely still as she kissed him, keeping himself completely rigid, fingers tense around her, until she tentatively, hesitantly let her tongue sweep across his lower lip.

And then he was kissing her back, like something had snapped from within him and he was suddenly uninhibited, wilder, his metal arm wrapping around her waist to crush her against his chest. He pushed into her, a delightful friction that trapped her up against the wall, the fingers around her throat no longer suffocating but stroking, warm swift slides of his thumb and fingers mapping across her skin, across the curve of her neck and the angle of her jaw.

It was familiar and unfamiliar all at once – kissing the Winter Soldier seemed frightfully intoxicating, the same way she felt whenever she kissed Bucky; but there was also an element of danger constantly pressing at the back of her mind. She was never going to be entirely safe with him, and the sirens were going haywire with danger signals. But she couldn't pull away, not yet – not until she'd gotten through to him, not until he'd come back to her.

So she kissed him firmly, feeling the hot slide of his tongue as he swept into her mouth, the rough sound ripping from his throat when she pressed against him, his fingers rucking up the back of her spine –

– only to freeze all of a sudden.

She didn't hear anything, but clearly he had, and he was dragging his lips away from hers within seconds, cheeks flushed and lips thoroughly kissed, but the look in his eyes was the foreign shade of coldness that had become synonymous to the Winter Soldier.

"I don't believe in sentiment," He said, with a hint of a knife's edge seeping into his voice. "Or distractions." And she finally heard what he was hearing – a distant sound from outside the room, faint clicking and some dull thuds against the door. His gaze sharpened on her, fingers tightening around her throat again as he flicked his eyes over to the door, then back to her. "You're my mission."

Blindly, she jabbed her elbow against his chest. He didn't even flinch, but she reached up, swinging her other hand against the side of his head. There was a faint shock pulsing through Natasha's glove that threw him off his mark for awhile, his fingers falling from her throat while his metal arm pried her hand off his head.

With a frustrated snarl, he swung out at her, sending her sprawling with a sharp sting against her cheek. Then he was bending over, knees on either side of her to keep her arms strapped to her sides, holding her down with a firm, unrelenting hand digging into her shoulder until she felt her bones shift beneath his grip, a searing pain as her joints cracked under his weight. Satisfied that he'd rendered her immobile, he reached up to grip her throat, both hands this time, unrelenting, no flicker of recognition in his hardened gaze, his teeth bared in an almost feral sneer, never letting up, just his fingers tightening more and more until her vision began to blur, her throat collapsing from the force of his grasp, her fingers locked around his to pry him off weakly, and all she could think of was that the Winter Soldier was finally going to kill her, just like everybody had feared, just like he had always feared, and Bucky – he was never going to forgive himself for this, and she was – almost – 

His grip suddenly loosened as a force came out of nowhere, ramming straight into him and sending him sprawling aside. Dakota coughed haphazardly, black spots still marring her vision as she blinked rapidly and quickly crawled away from him. She'd nearly died. He'd nearly killed her.

But he hadn't.

When she looked over at him, the Winter Soldier was climbing to his feet, snarling at whatever it was that had blocked him from his target. There was nothing. His gaze landed on her again, and he took one step closer, only to be deterred when something knocked him right out of his path. He landed neatly on his knees, but his gaze was sharp as he scanned the room.

Something launched itself at him again, dealing a swift blow to his cheek and his head whipped to the side from the impact.

"Sorry!" The voice sounded almost distorted, and there was a mechanical whir, followed by a quick flash of red. The next moment, a man was launching himself at the Winter Soldier, hooking an arm around his neck to drag him down. "I don't usually get in the way of lover spats, but I just couldn't resist this one."

The Winter Soldier spun around, flipping the man over onto his back, and was just about to ram his fist into the man's face before there was another whir, and the latter disappeared out of thin air. Or perhaps it wasn't so much a disappearance as it was a shrinking, and Dakota's eyes widened when she noticed a tiny red dot several inches away from the Soldier's feet.

"Even I know that's not how you treat the love of your life, Romeo," The man quipped, ducking when the Winter Soldier swept out at him. He grew in size again, latching both arms around the Soldier's neck to pull him away from Dakota, before nodding at her. "Hi, I'm Scott," He greeted cheerfully, before flinching when the Soldier dealt him another blow to the ribs and shrank back in size again. "Ow – stop interrupting me, I'm trying to make a good first impression on the missus here – "

The Soldier hissed something in Russian and kicked out at Scott, only to falter when the latter swung another punch at him. He righted himself on his feet easily, but it was difficult to pre-empt Scott's attack when the latter kept shifting between sizes. Dakota steered clear of them, locating Natasha's gloves on the floor and pulling them on haphazardly.

" – anyway, you want to get out?" Scott said to her, after deflecting several attacks. "I don't know if I can hold Mr Hyde for long – "

An unexpected punch sent him sprawling to the corner of the room, and it took him far longer to climb back to his feet, winded out by the collision. By then, the Winter Soldier was already advancing towards him, picking up the rifle along the way to drive him back down.

Dakota fiddled around with Natasha's gloves and pressed an arbitrary button, holding her hand up in their direction. Instantly, a pulse launched through. The target was a couple of inches off, firing at the Soldier's arm instead of his back, but it was a sufficient static shock to distract him. He spun around, only for Scott to seize the window of opportunity and grab hold of him again.

" – thanks!" Scott quipped, his voice muffled by his facemask. "But seriously, get out of here while you can. Barton doesn't like to be kept waiting."

Dakota rushed to the door, gripping hold of the handle firmly and tugging. The keypad was still turned off and she glanced back at Scott. "It's still locked – "

"Right, I keep forgetting that not everyone can shrink," Scott returned, with an exaggerated sigh, but the pain lacing his voice made her realise how much of a beating he was getting by the Winter Soldier. "Barton, if you could hurry up – "

"It's not going to work if you rush me, Lang." The voice came from outside, and Dakota heard several thuds against the door. "If this is how you're like in the bedroom, it's no wonder no woman wants to have sex with you – "

Dakota held a firm grip around the handle, throwing worried glances over her shoulder at Scott. Shrink, evade, grow, attack. Over and over again. It seemed like a routine that the Soldier had quickly picked up on, and he was taking one hell of a beating, but the two stuck so closely that she didn't dare to fire off another pulse for fear of hitting Scott instead.

There was a dull thud on the other side of the door, then Dakota glanced up when she felt a faint hum of electricity wiring through. Only for the door. The rest of the room was still dim but the keypad was working. She hastily punched in the code that she remembered seeing Tony use earlier and heard an affirmative click on the latch. Then the door was swinging open as Dakota hastily stumbled out, only to be steadied by two hands that gripped her elbows firmly.

"Hi," She greeted weakly as she glanced up at the man, flinching away when she felt the dull, throbbing pain flare sharply through her shoulder. Yeah, definitely dislocated.

Clint removed his hands apologetically, but his eyes were bright with amusement when she glanced up at him. "Will I never get to enjoy my retirement?"

He shook his head in mirth and eased her aside, before pulling out an arrow from his quiver. Scott was still wrestling with the Winter Soldier, whose strength seemed to overpower his, and Clint took aim, firing a mild electroshock that latched onto his metal arm. The Soldier faltered and Scott threw a punch square in his face before zipping back down to ant-size. Clint immediately pushed Dakota out of the way, heading her up the stairs.

"They'll be fine." He assured her, when she threw a worried glance over her shoulder. With the unpredictability of the Winter Soldier, she was far less worried for him than she was for Scott. "He'll survive. It's what ants do," he added, before tugging her along. "Come on, we've got to get you out."

Dakota shadowed him closely, keeping her senses alert as Clint drew his bow and arrow, ready to take a shot at any threat nearby. She could still hear the two men fighting in the background, but then the sounds steadily began to fade and Clint glanced over his shoulder, his lips tightened in a grim line.

"You know the way up to the roof, kid?" He asked her, his voice tense as he straightened his spine, keeping his gaze fixed on empty hallway. He was still moving backwards, nudging Dakota towards the nearest exit, but his ears were pricked. Dakota murmured a quiet yes and he nodded. "Go. I'll cover you. Winter's not going down without a fight."

Dakota didn't hesitate. She rushed towards the next flight of stairs with Clint several feet behind her. They climbed swiftly, but the eerie silence that surrounded them was haunting, and Clint didn't let up, firing another electric arrow as soon as he caught a flash of metal. It seemed to throw the Winter Soldier off for awhile, but he easily snapped back, letting his metal arm take the brunt when Clint fired another two arrows at him. But Clint wasn't aiming to kill and the Soldier was, and he swore under his breath when the the latter tackled him to the ground, swiping out the knife slotted in the side of his quiver.

"Well, we're fucked." Clint groaned and scrambled up, pushing Dakota towards the nearest exit. "Steve always said the Winter Soldier was deadliest when he's with a knife, and now we're about to find out."

Dakota pushed the door open and stepped through, holding it open for Clint, only to hear him swear again when the Soldier caught him by the arm. When she turned, the knife was inches away from Clint's face, and Dakota's eyes widened in horror.

"Clint!" She ignored the sharp pain in her shoulder and lifted her hand, firing another pulse at the Winter Soldier. It veered off again – and hell, she had a crap aim – but it certainly helped because Clint took the opportunity to twist out of the way just in time, holding his hands up to block the knife that the Soldier drove towards his face.

"Come on, man, going for the face?" Clint shook his head. "Dick move. Just one step below going for the balls." He gritted his teeth when the Soldier slashed the knife across his arm, and quickly pulled another arrow from his quiver, plugging it into the latter's metal arm and disabling him for a quick second to roll aside. "Go!" He nodded at Dakota, "I'll catch up!"

Dakota hovered uncertainly, but another firm nod sent her running for her life again. The stairs up seemed endless, and her shoulder was burning in what felt like searing hot fire, but she dragged in deep breaths and forged on, until she heard a scuffling when she rounded the next landing. She paused, dropping low and keeping her back pressed against the wall with her hand raised and ready to fire.

A shadow fell upon her, followed by the swift click of a trigger.

Dakota froze.

Only to feel a surge of relief when she saw the familiar red curls as Natasha's face came into view. "I suppose my toys came in useful?" Natasha smiled and lowered her gun, the coldness in her eyes dissipating as she eyed Dakota with vague worry. "You alright?"

"Yeah – "

"Come on," Natasha gently hauled her to her feet, before pressing the device tapped to her ear. "Steve, I've got her – "

"He's two floors down fighting Clint," Dakota told her quietly, leaning weakly against the railing. She hadn't even realised how exhausted she was until she saw Natasha, and it felt like she'd been through hell and back again. "Scott's all the way down in the basement."

Natasha swiftly relayed the news to Steve, before turning back to her. "Let's get you out of here." She held Dakota carefully by her other arm that wasn't dislocated, and tugged her up the stairs. "Just hold on for awhile longer," She told Dakota, even as her eyes scanned the surroundings sharply, her gun grasped firmly in her hand. "I'll fix your shoulder when we get to the jet."

The rest of the area seemed clear, and Natasha began to relax, sliding her gun back into the holster strapped around her waist. Still, she kept her hand wrapped around Dakota's arm, as though afraid that Dakota would slip and fall if she didn't keep her steady. It wasn't long before they were on the landing pad of the roof, and Dakota realised that the doors of the jet were opened, the pilot's seat vacant. Natasha glanced around for any potential threats, found none, and guided Dakota up into the jet, pushing her down onto the nearest seat.

"Are the others alright?" Dakota inquired worriedly.

"Tony's tracking Zemo with Rhodes," Natasha waved her worries off with a dismissive hand as she pilfered through the first-aid box. "Sam's playing third-wheel with Vision and Wanda over at Gehenna to burn one of Hydra's bases. We had to split – and convince Sam not to come along because he'd probably kill Barnes if he knew your life was in danger," She explained, when she caught Dakota's look of confusion. "Steve and I had a run-in with a couple of Hydra agents on the way over, so we took far longer than we'd originally planned. Good thing Clint and Lang got to you first."

Dakota smiled tiredly. "I'll have to find a way to thank them when all this is over."

"Well, Clint likes chocolate milk too. Get Lang an ant-farm or something, he'll probably love running around in one of those." Natasha's lips quirked up sardonically, before she leaned over to wrap her hands steadily around Dakota's arm to relocate her shoulder back into place. "It wasn't supposed to happen this way," She continued, apologetically. Dakota was nervous, and she wondered if Natasha was just trying to make conversation to take her mind off her injury. "The power cut on your end and none of us saw the hack in the programming because Friday was still activated on Tony's side. Vision was the first to notice when Friday didn't report anything about you and Barnes. Then we received an S.O.S. from Steve."

Dakota frowned in confusion. "Steve?"

"Yeah. Confused the hell out of all of us, because Steve was in the jet and he hadn't sent out anything. Then we realised the signal came from your end."

"We didn't activate anything."

Natasha held up a tracking device and Dakota leaned forward with interest. There was a blinking light on the map of the screen, with exact coordinates that linked right back to –

" – you," Natasha finished her thought without Dakota even having to voice it out. "Coordinates point to you. And I'm guessing this – " Natasha pointed to the star-shaped pendant hanging on the edge of Dakota's necklace. " – is a tracker that leads us to you."

Dakota stared at the pendant for awhile, remembering how Bucky had put it on for her. She remembered the sweep of his thumbs up her collarbone, up her shoulders and neck less than an hour ago, when they heard Zemo on the other side of the door and Bucky was still himself, warmly reassuring her that everything was going to be alright.

I'll get you out of here, I promise – she could remember the words he'd said to her perfectly – it'll be okay. You'll be fine.

Had he activated it then? Had he known that she was going to get out of there alive – her, not him, just her – because he'd planned it all along? She felt a sudden sting of tears in her eyes, followed by a searing wave of pain that shot up her arm and brought a fresh wave of tears to her eyes when Natasha popped her joint back into place. It hurt like someone had placed a lit torch and flayed her skin off her bones. She flinched, but Natasha gripped her arm firmly, smoothening the skin over the joint to check if it was in place, before draping the ice-pack over her arm.

"Crybaby." Natasha shook her head fondly when Dakota hastily blinked away her tears. "But you feel better already, don't you?"

Dakota bit her lip and tentatively shifted her shoulder. To her surprise, the pain had swiftly subsided to a dull throb. The sifting of bone against bone felt odd but her arm didn't feel like it was hanging off on a thin thread. "Yes. Thank you," She smiled at Natasha, before reaching up to grip the pendant, holding it gently between her fingertips. She felt it now – the tiny button in the middle of it that would give if she added a good amount of pressure to it.

"Only Steve was able to do that, you know," Natasha mused, when she noticed Dakota gripping the pendant. "That's the code-red signal that brings us all together. Barnes must've found some way to replicate the signal so that you could assemble the Avengers too."

Dakota swallowed down the wave of emotion that swept through her. It didn't occur to her how much Bucky had been trying to protect her until then. Before – it was so easy to forget because he'd had his hands wrapped around her throat when he was the Winter Soldier.

She dragged her hand through her hair and pulled the front of his jacket tighter to her body. He'd given it to her hours earlier on the stairwell and she swore she could still feel his warmth now, so she leaned back, slipping her hands into the pockets for extra warmth, while Natasha kept the pressure of the ice-pack steady on her shoulder, speaking to Steve quietly in the background. Steve wasn't hitting to kill either, and it was clear that he had problems on his end, because the Winter Soldier had been ordered to kill on sight. Getting himself, Clint and Scott out of there alive was proving to be a difficult task, and –

Her train of thought vanished when her fingers wrapped around a piece of paper.

Dakota frowned, drawing the paper out of the pocket, only to realise that it was a crumpled bit of napkin. She recognised the logo etched on the bottom immediately – it was the name of the café that she'd brought Bucky to awhile ago. Feeling a wave of curiosity surge through her, she flipped it open, holding it daintily between her fingertips as she read the haphazard scrawl within.

summers please use to neutralise if kindled

A shiver shot down her spine as she read the words, her eyes scanning the sentence over and over again. It was definitely a message for her – but addressing her as Summers was something he'd never done before, except – he had. Hadn't he? Somewhere in the deepest recesses of her memory, she could vaguely recall a nickname he had for her sometime ago. She couldn't for the life of her remember how to pronounce it in Russian, but what was that he'd said again?

I'm the coldest winter that soaks up every bit of sunlight I can possibly get.

She felt her breath catch in her throat as the words began to make sense, everything he'd told her before rushing back like a tidal wave sweeping through and scattering all her memories into a bigger picture with a multitude of puzzle pieces.

Maybe you've found your equilibrium, she'd said.

I have, he'd answered, it's you. It's always been you.

"Because that's your equilibrium," She whispered, her fingers tightening on the paper as she glanced down at it again. The word choice was unusual and she gradually began to understand the meaning of the sentence. "You call me Summers because it neutralises Winter. And the Winter Soldier is kindled by a – "

trigger.

She froze. Finally caught the reason behind the odd sentence structure. The reason for the lack of punctuation. There wasn't supposed to be any breaks in between, because it wasn't a message, it wasn't a sentence – it was a code.

Ten words to activate the Winter Soldier.

But just one word to shut him down.

Summers Please Use To Neutralise If Kindled

Natasha glanced up when she scrambled up from her seat, trailing off from the conversation she was having with Steve through the headset. "What's wrong?" She asked in alarm, as Dakota placed the icepack down. "Where're you going?"

"I know how to shut him down," Dakota said in a rush, haphazardly pressing the napkin into Natasha's hands. "I didn't – I didn't realise he had this with him, and I think he gave his jacket to me on purpose, just in case, but I – "

"Are you sure?" Natasha eyed her carefully, stopping her nervous fluttering by placing two hands calmly on her shoulders. Dakota took a deep breath and nodded, and Natasha picked up her gun, snapping her gauntlets back into place. "Alright. I'll cover you. Just do what you have to do."

They quickly made their way out of the jet, heading back down the building. This time, Natasha took a sharp detour to the second floor, where the sounds of scuffling grew louder, heavy punches being thrown and the occasional jarring crash of metal against metal. When they turned the corner, Natasha's gun was raised and Dakota's eyes widened when she saw a bloodied Steve blocking the Winter Soldier's attacks with his shield.

"Steve's just trying to keep him busy while Clint gets Lang out," Natasha murmured, her voice barely audible amidst the chaos unfolding before them. "If you know how to end this, now's a good time."

Steve ducked when the Soldier rammed his metal fist into his face, and his eyes widened when he caught a glimpse of Dakota standing next to Natasha. "Get out of here!" Steve shouted, fear etching across his face as he signalled vigorously for them to leave. "Go – "

He stopped abruptly when he found the shield twisted away from his grasp. Dakota saw Steve brace himself, hands raised to deflect the attack as the Winter Soldier swung the shield towards him. But before the collision could come, Dakota stepped forward, her chest tightening as she realised how wrong she had been all along.

Sometimes, you could fix things.

Sometimes, you couldn't. And you needed to shut it down, if only so it could fix itself, reboot its system, refresh its memory and rewrite its story.

So she took a deep breath and shut him down. "Sputnik."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ end of chapter ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

r e f e r e n c e s

Sputnik

In the comics, this is a one-time only shutdown code for the Winter Soldier; which Red Skull uses to have Bucky pass out on the spot. This fanfiction stretches that canon a little in order to make the overarching plot fit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.8K 1.9K 71
Your name is Mya Stark, your father is Tony Stark. You fall for Steve Rogers. One day Bucky Barnes is found and turns your world upside down. From th...
1.9K 203 8
but fate wouldn't allow it. bucky barnes x fem!oc the winter solder © quicksilvrs 2019-24
799K 24.6K 170
Y/N, a telepath with animals and fire user, harbours a terrible secret. She's been working with the Avengers for the last eight months, living off t...
764K 19.6K 48
And I know it makes you nervous, but I promise you it's worth it, to show them everything you've kept inside, Don't...