The Boxer and the Badboy

By whyme_bookworm

#1st in werewolf #1st in confessions and fighter #1st in humor #5th in romance Hayley Hood is a 17 year old... More

Chapter 1-
Chapter 2
Chapter 3-
Chapter 4-
Chapter 5-
Chapter 6-
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11-
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 35

119K 3.9K 362
By whyme_bookworm

I wish I never woke up.

That was the first thought that crossed my mind when I opened my eyes in the dark. The sun hadn't even risen and the birds were already chirping. If I hadn't known what day it was, I would've been the happiest girl on earth because right now I was in Blake's strong comforting arms.

I stayed still for a moment, relishing in the feeling of his warm body and the sound of him breathing soundly. No sound had ever been so soothing and I wanted to stay there forever. I wanted to fall back asleep and open my eyes just for the sake of seeing Blake's face.

But all of that was far from happening anytime soon.

Today, I was meeting Nicholas.

I slowly pulled Blake's arm off my waist and made a move to slide off the bed but a hand suddenly shot out to grip my wrist.

"Where are you going?" Blake's sleep-ridden voice groaned huskily and I froze.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, "I-I'm going to the bathroom." I hated lying to him but I was forced to.

He nodded, grunting, "Come back quickly."

A smile tugged at my lips as he lolled back to sleep. I leaned down to place a soft kiss on his cheek and whispered, "I will."

And with that, I closed the door behind me, the last thing I saw was the Blake's contented smile as he fell back to sleep. As soon as the click of the door resounded, I shot to my room. Mia was still sleeping when I finished taking my bath. I tugged on black jeans and a light grey jacket before slinging a small backpack over my shoulder. 

I knelt down beside the bed to plant a kiss on Mia's forehead. Her blonde hair curling up around her head and her thumb stuck in her mouth. I laughed quietly, brushing a strand of golden hair away and standing up. Just when I was about to go down the stairs, a thought struck me.

What if it's the last time I see them?

My heart skipped a beat and I shook my head. I couldn't leave without saying goodbye. I opened Blake's bedroom door and rummaged around for a pen. I finally found a drawer with a ball-pen but along with it were two knives and a small gun. 

I shrugged, picking up the sharpest dagger and sliding it carefully into my belt before tugging over my sweater to hide it. Maybe I would need that.

I sighed and quickly scribbled over.

Hey...I just wanted to say that I love you, Mia and you'll always be my favorite little sister. Don't ever forget that. Oh, and don't worry about me, I'll be back...but just in case...you have to know that I'll always love you, okay? Okay.

Oh and tell Blake that I took his knife with me...in case he thinks that someone stole him or something.

And...Blake?

I'm sorry I never got the chance to say that I love you.

====

It was freezing cold and I was fifteen minutes earlier.

I parked my motorcycle at the parking lot before looking around. The mall was still closed and the only people that were hanging around were the workers, dragging in boxes and carts. I glanced at my watch again- 14 minutes earlier and counting.

I sighed, rubbed my fingers together and headed for the ice-cream parlor as it was not only the meeting place but it was also the only shop that was open. Surprisingly, warm air hit my face when I pushed the door open. Isn't an ice-cream parlor supposed to be cold or is it just the ice-cream?

"How may I help you?" yawned the cashier while rubbing his sleep-filled eyes.

I scanned the variety of flavors and pointed to the chocolate-chip mint, "Can I have two pints of that, please?" I smiled, excitement bubbling up in my stomach. Who cares if I'm eating ice-cream at 7 in the morning? Today could be my last day.

Mr.Cashier's eyes shot up in surprise before shrugging and handing me the cold breakfast.

"Thanks," I paid quickly and headed for the last booth. I would be sure to see Nicholas enter if I sat there and hopefully he wouldn't notice me. I sat down, cradled my ice-cream and grinned. Scooping up a huge piece of it, I opened my mouth and was just about to bite when the ringing of a bell rung signalled the arrival of a new customer.

My mouth froze and I felt my anger rise. Who dare interrupt me? I swallowed my growl and looked up. My shoulders sunk and my mood dampened- how could I have forgotten? The reason why I was here was because of that stupid Nicholas.

He walked in two long and confident strides and didn't bother looking at the cashier as his eyes swept across the store to land on me. I frown in annoyance. His face was infuriating. I glanced at my ice-cream pitifully just when he started making his way towards me.

A deep laugh echoed in the small shop and my head snapped back up. Nicholas stood tall in a black suit, a dangerous glint in his eyes and a snarling mouth. An uncomfortable feeling was slowly creeping up my spine, the more he looked at me.

"So I see you still talk to your food," Nicholas grinned before trying to sit down gracefully and failing miserably when his foot collided with the table.

"I'm in no mood for some petty chit-chat so just get down to business," I snapped, staring pointedly at him.

"Patience, my little ball of fire," he smirked and my fists balled up together tightly.

"I don't have time to waste and I want nothing to do with you," I snatched my ice-cream and stood up but his hand shot out to stop me. The feeling that something bad was going to happen overwhelmed me completely and I felt my heart slowly speeding up. My eyes darted left to right- could there be a quick exit?

"Not so fast, sweetie," a sick twisted smile appeared on his lip and I recoiled in disgust, "You'll want to hear what I'm about to say."

"Don't ever call me sweetie again," I spat out in his face.

"Take a seat," he gestured, completely ignoring my previous request.

I frowned before reluctantly sitting down. I took a deep breath and decided to think rationally,  "What do you want exactly from me?"

He smirked, "I want you to come with me."

I lifted a brow. He wanted me to go in a mysterious place with him?

"No," I shrugged.

His smug smile disappeared and he straightened his back, "Excuse me?"

"I said no."

He blinked twice before his gaze turned ice cold, "You're coming with me."

I shook my head, "I think you're not understanding- I refused twice, what do you need more to get the message?"

His chest puffed up in anger and he glared, "I think you're the one not understanding." He leaned closer and smiled wickedly, "My men are currently spying on the Miller's house. I make one call and they'll be attacking, I don't think you want that, right?"

My blood ran cold; his words whirling around in my head. "What?"

He grinned and leaned back, "Especially when your cute little sister is sleeping soundly in her room."

I couldn't breathe. Impossible. How could I be such a fool? How could I leave the house without thinking twice about what Nicholas was planning? Why hadn't I seen it? Everything suddenly made sense. He had told me to come here- far from the Millers and knowing full well that if I didn't agree to whatever he wanted, his men would attack.

He knew that I would come. He knew that I wouldn't be back on time. And he knew that I would have no choice but to do whatever he wanted me to do.

A sob racked my body and my hands flew to my mouth. No. This couldn't be happening. My back shuddered and I couldn't see anymore because the tears were blinding. Everything I had carefully built up was slowly crumbling down. The life I had made for Mia and me, all the things I had protected, all the feelings I had been keeping in suddenly overwhelmed me.

Rough arms encircled my waist and I was lifted up roughly. With a choke, I felt myself being carried outside and before I could scream help, I was pushed into a black van. The last thing I saw, between blurry eyes was the shocked cashier and Nicholas smiling sardonically.

And as the door shut close to leave me in the dark, I felt something break in me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fighter girl By Jade

Teen Fiction

788K 20.3K 28
I'm a fighter, I fight for the the things I want, I fight for the little family I have, I fight for everything I believe in, but most of all I fight...
178K 6.7K 32
***COMPLETED*** Sky's home life was a little piece of hell on earth. She often had to fight past the pain, but she always found a way to become stron...
222K 5.4K 27
Kat is known for being rough around the edges, but no one knows why. No one but her best friend, Blake. At the age of only seven, her dad died tragi...
1.9K 70 26
A parody... except it slowly gets less satirical as I get way too attached to the characters and turn the story into a shipping-fest ~~~~ "Why are yo...