The Alpha's Mark

By CeCeAnnT

Ray's messed up. In all ways possible. But she has a reason to be, right? No place to go. No shoulder to cry... More

The Alpha's Mark
Better Kiss My Ass Goodbye.
A Storm Of Confusion.
The Nerve Of Him.
Misunderstood.
A Fist Full Of Love.
Self Control.
Gage's Psychotic Girlfriend.
Who The Hell Is Avery?
Setting Myself Up For Disaster.
Food Fight!
Poisonous Kisses.
Marked.
Dead End.
Finding Dustin.
A Different Side Of Gage.
If Looks Could Kill.
Dinner With The Greens.
Hello, Temptation.
Over Protective, Much?
Coming Undone.
The Date.
Where Loyalty Lies.
Friend or Foe?
Decisions.
Ava Returns.
Too Close For Comfort.
Fighting To Be Free.
Epilogue.
Finding Dustin - Spin off!

Music To My Ears.

126K 2.2K 711
By CeCeAnnT

MAKE SURE TO LISTEN TO THE SONG ON THE SIDE! It by far represents this chapter.. (:

---------------------------

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED

-----------------------

                   "Do you have any idea what time is it? It's ten o'clock. I was ready to shift and go find you! Do you know how worried I was?"

I groaned. It'd been five minutes since Dustin had dropped me off, and all Gage had been doing was bitching about how worried he was, or how he thought Dustin, or Decklin, had hurt me.

Even though I objected. Dustin couldn't hurt me. He was human. And I was a werewolf. Who do you really think could win the fight?

As for Decklin, well..I presumed he was human, too. He was, right?

"Gage, it's not that big of deal. I'm fine. See?" I did a twirl for him, showing I had no wounds, or anything.

He sighed and shook his head. He made his way to the couch, then plopped down. I followed and fell down onto the couch beside him.

He rolled his head on the cushion to look at me, "I know, I know. But what if something did happen to you? You could have at least called!"

I huffed. "With what phone, smart one?"

"Oh. We didn't get you a phone?"

"No."

Now it was Gage's turn to groan. "Well, you could have called from their land line."

"I don't even know your number!"

"Okay, maybe you have a point."

"Maybe?" I said, then reached over and smacked him in the arm. "You can't even admit that I'm right!"

"Ouch, woman! Why are you so violent?" He mumbled and rubbed his hand over the spot I had just whacked. "You're right. Whatever. But you have no clue how I felt. What if something would have happened?"

He looked so sincere. So vulnerable at that moment. He cared. Just by the look in his eyes, I could tell if I would have gotten hurt, it would have broke him up inside.

Somehow, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy. And I can't believe I just thought that.

"But nothing did. So, stop freaking out." I gave him a small smile, then mumbled under my breath, "It's not like I stay up waiting for you when you go out with Ava."

Of course, due to his adnormal hearing, I knew he had heard it. 

I was surprised when he didn't come out defending her. He stayed silent for a moment. Before he opened his mouth, "Yeah."

I expected something more, like, 'It's different when it comes to me and Ava!' I could tell something was bugging him. And something told me it had to do with Gage and Ava. "What happened?"

I saw him stare at the ground for a moment, before he shrugged. "We broke up."

I blinked. "What?"

"We broke up." He repeated, but again I just stared at him dumbfounded.

"What?"

He laughed slightly at my shock, "We..broke..up. You know, when two people decide they don't want to be in a relationship with each other anymore. Or well, in this case, one person decided it."

A million questions surfaced right at that moment. Why? Who? How? Almost too many to form into complete questions. Had he done it for me?

No. Ava probably ended the relationship. But why would she?

I pressed my lips into a thin line. "Who broke up with who?"

My breathing seemed to stop as I waited my answer.

"I broke up with her."

I still held my breath, nearly choking. "Why?"

"Because-"

"Ray!"

I looked in the direction of where the squeal came from, only to see Gabby standing there in her pink pajamas.

Oh how badly I wanted to punch her right now. Gabby was cool and all, but couldn't she have came after Gage had told me why he broke up with Ava?

Gage sighed beside me in frustration. Obviously being just as irked as I was.

"Gabby," I breathed, mustering up a fake smile on my face. While I was picturing in my mind killing her. It's too graphic to say how, though.

"So, how was it?" She came running over, sitting down between me and Gage. She stopped for a moment, looking between us. "Oh, sorry. Did I interrupt something?"

Before I could respond, Gage shook his head. Then stood up. My fingers itched to reach out and grasp his hand. Beg him to stay. I restrained myself, though. Tucking my hands under my legs. "I was just leaving, anyway. Night." He waved to Gabby, gave me a lingering glance and disappeared up the stairs.

I heard the door close softly, and I turned to Gabby with a glare "Gabby! What the hell!"

She frowned, "What did I do?"

"Gage was just about to tell me why he had broken up with Ava. Now the suspense is killing me."

"Who cares about that? Now tell me what happened with Dustin!" She demanded, and I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing. We had dinner and that was that."

 "Really?"

"Yeah."

"So that's what I interrupted up for? Just to hear nothing happened?"

I nodded, "Pretty much."

"Well," Gabby muttered, looking defeated and slightly guilty. "Sorry."

"It's cool... well, night." I mumbled and got off the couch, I heard Gabby whisper a brief good night before I jogged up the stairs.

I stopped right in front of my door. And looked to Gage's, having the urge to knock. But I decided against it.

I made my way into the room and shut it softly behind him. I stripped out of my shoes, shorts and shirt. I tugged on a big white t-shirt, then got under the covers.

I looked towards the window. Seeing that it had started raining. A droplet hit the window. I reached out and fingered the spot where the drop of water slowly slid down.

My dad always use to say when a rain drop hit you, that somebody was thinking of you. 

I pressed myself close to the pillow, contently watching the rain hit my window. I fell into a deep slumber that night.

 ----------------

The next morning was..bearable. I actually didn't feel incredibly horrible. I was smiling when I came down the stairs and Gabby had to do a double take once she saw how I was dressed. She flashed a grin at me. "Still a little manly, but you look pretty."

Manly? I looked down at my outfit.

I was wearing a pair of black jeans, with a red and blue button up flannel, and my converse. I shrugged, seeming nonchalantly. "Thanks."

"Wanna get going?"

"Sure." I grabbed a granola bar on the way out, along with with my bag and walked to Gabby's car. I got in and Gabby drove off.

In a matter of five minutes, we pulled up to the school. Gabby frantically pulled out the keys, then went running out the car, waving to some guy. 

I rolled my eyes and got out of the car, slamming the door behind me.

I trudged my way up the steps, shoving kids out of my way. It was like a freaking zoo in the morning, geez.

I was grateful once I got to my locker in one peace, I popped it open and start sorting through it.

"Ray!"

I looked over my shoulder to see Gage jogging over to me. This was weird. Gage barely talked to me at school. So what was he doing coming over here?

"Hey," He greeted once he got to me, a smile flashing across his face.

I waved, awkwardly. "Hi."

"Do you have any plans this afternoon?"

"Not that I know of."

He laughed, "Sorry. I was just asking, since you and Dustin seem to hang out. But, uh, great. Meet me outside the house tonight at seven. Alright?"

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"It's a surprise!"

"But I hate surprises," I mumbled, "Just tell me what it is."

"That would ruin the surprise, though."  He said, and I glared at him. The bell rung, singnaling class to begin. Gage quickly leaned down, planting a kiss to my cheek. "See you tonight!" He called, and turned in the other direction, running off.

The whole time I stood there appalled.

What the hell did I just agree to? Did I even agree?

----------------

 The whole day went by the same as last. Only this time, Ava wasn't anywhere in sight. Somebody had said they heard her crying in the bathroom. I didn't know whether to laugh, or feel sorry for her..

Ha! Feel sorry for her? Psh!

I laughed when I heard about it, and Dustin kept a frown on his face when he heard about her crying, and even mumbled a, "Poor girl." Comment.

I rolled my eyes. Like he knew what kind of person she really was.

I was still curious about what happened between him and Ava that caused the break up. And I planned on asking him tonight.

 Currently, I was sitting in the living room couch with Gabby, listening her blab on and on about fashion. Until I decided to ask,

"Who was that guy you were running up to today at school, this morning?"

Right away, at my question, Gabby blushed. And I lifted my eyebrows at her. "Oh la la."

"Shut up! It's nothing!" She defended, and smacked me in the arm. I laughed.

"That blush on your face says different!"

She went red at that. Looking like a tomato, oddly. "He's a Friend." She quickly defended herself and I proceeded to waggle my eyebrows at her.

"With benefits?"

"Ray!"

"What?" I shrugged, keeping a innocent look. Gabby glared at me, and I shot her back a smile. "Come on, you can tell me!"

She sighed. But nodded. "Okay, but you promise you won't tell anybody?"

I scuffed and gave her a, 'Are-you-kidding-me-look?' "Who do I have to tell, Gabby, really?"

"Dustin?"

"No. We don't talk about other people's love lives."

"Well, just promise you won't!"

"I promise I won't tell anybody." I said and she smiled, turning to face me on the couch. I did the same and brought my legs up off the ground, tucking them under me, sitting Indian style.

"His name's Tyler, first off. And he's probably the most sweetest, cutest, and awesomest person in the world." She had a dreamy look in her eyes the whole time she spoke of him. While I pursed my lips.

"Is awesomest even a word?"

Gabby scowled at me, "Is that the only thing you caught from that sentence?"

"No. I heard that he was the sweetest, cutest, boy in the world." I mocked her voice and let out a dreamy sigh, "Oh, Tyler."

"Shut up, bitch!"

I laughed and she made a attempt to hit, but I dodged. "I was kidding!"

She frowned. "It's not a matter to joke about."

"Why's that?"

"Because what if he's my mate?"

My face scrunched in confusion. "If?"

"Yeah."

"Gabby, there is no 'if', you know from the moment you see them that they're your mate." I said, I mean, that was how it worked, didn't I?

Gabby nodded, though. "I guess. I just..I get so hyped up at every boy I see, wondering if they'll be my mate." It was then the cheery mood dimmed. "What if I never find him?"

I shifted uncomfortably, not knowing how to approach the raw subject. "Um, you will, Gabby. Fate will bring you two together." Okay, that wasn't too bad of a answer, I thought. But Gabby broke into hysterics.

"But what if I don't even have a mate out there?! What if I stay lonely forever? What if-" I cut her by clamping my hand over her mouth.

"Gabby, calm down. I know you will not be lonely for the rest of your life. You will find that somebody. So shut up."

Gabby licked my hand, causing my to shriek and pull it away from her mouth. "Gross!"

Gabby gave me a sly smile and wiped her eyes, drying up the tears that had leaked. "Sorry."

I rushed over to the sink and washed her saliva off my hand, the whole time Gabby laughed. "Drama queen!"

"Says the girl who was just broke out into tears," I mumbled. Gabby rolled her eyes and strolled over to the counter, leaning on it.

"So who are you going on a date with today? Gage or Dustin?" She mused. I shot her a glare.

"Not a date.. And Gage."

"Ah, so finally giving him a chance?"

I shook my head, "No. It's just a friendly get together."

Gabby smirked. "Friendly? Is that a code name for getting it on?"

I whacked her with the wash cloth I had in my hand and she squealed. "Hoe, just remember no glove, no love!" She said in a sing-song voice and ran off up the stairs.

"Gabby!" I hissed, running up the stairs after her. I could hear her giggles as she rounded the corner.

I was rounding the corner, when I smacked right into somebody and went flying back, hitting the ground. I groaned and rolled over onto my back, starring up at Ava, who looked like hell.

She didn't even make a attempt to laugh at how I had just hurt myself, she simply stared with her dull eyes.

Her hair was a mess, all tangled and knotted, her eyes were red and puffy and her clothes were.. dirty looking.

"What the hell happened to you?" I blurted.

"Like you don't know," She spat and turned began to walk away, not before turning around and pointing a finger at me. "You caused this. All of this!" With that, she ran off, probably to go cry herself a river.

Karma's a bitch, isn't it, Ava?

-------

                           An hour passed since the encounter with Ava, and it was five minutes to seven. I was still questioning why I was even gonna show up. I mean, was I just a rebound to him?

If Gage tried to make a move at me, I would last out at him. But for some reason, I didn't think he just wanted to make out with me this time.

"Where are you supposed to meet him?" Gabby asked, while flipping through a magazine. I shrugged.

"Outside in front of the house."

"How romantic."

I laughed, "Tell me about it."

I got up, causing Gabby to glance at me. "Where are you going?"

"What are you, my chaperon?"

"Fine, don't tell me." She let out a 'hmph' before glancing down at her magazine. I rolled my eyes,

"To the bathroom, idiot. I'll be out in a few."

"Whatever."

I made my way into the bathroom and shut the door behind me, making sure it was locked.

I sighed as I stared into the mirror, the green eyed girl copying my actions.

I raised a hand and brushed it through my hair. It was then I remembered the mark. The one I still hadn't looked at.

Hesitantly, I moved all my hair to the other side, exposing my neck where Gage had marked.

There laid the letters, GB in dark ink on my neck, almost as if it was a tattoo. I reached up, brushing across it. I shivered. It was so weird. And I didn't necessarily like it.

It was liked I was marked as his property. And in a way, I was. I hated the idea of belonging to somebody. I was my own person. Not somebody could control.

If only that idiot hadn't marked me.

I couldn't stand the sight of it anymore.

I opened the cabinet, grabbing some concealer and smearing it own. But for reason, it wouldn't mask it. I grew frustrated and soon just placed my hair over it.

I threw the useless concealer back in the cabinet and walked out. "It's seven. You should get going." Gabby said, and I nodded.

"Right. See ya."

"Bye kiddo, have fun, remember to practice safe sex!" She called after me, before closing the door, I flicked her off, for the second time this week and walked out.

I jogged down the fligh of stairs, entered the living room, and quickly exited out, heading outside.

It was pitch black already, since the time change that had occurred. (Day light savings, I think? xD)

I looked around, where the fuck is this kid?

After several minutes of standing around, expecting something to happen, I grew frustrated. "Gage?" I called, "Where the hell are you?"

No response.

I moved forward, when I heard a crack from the woods. As if somebody had stepped just stepped on a stick.

I suddenly felt like I was in some kind of horror movie. "Gage, is that you?"

Again, nothing. I groaned. Fine, I'll go after you, but if I get killed by a serial killer, I will come back from the dead and haunt you!

I walked to where I heard the sound, and began to absent mindedly find my way through the woods, Whacking at branches.

Somehow, I ended up in the clearing of where Gage had.. marked me, where the river was. I looked around the place. Hearing another snap behind me. I jumped and turned, looking to where the sound came from. But I couldn't detect where exactly. I looked to the ground, searching for a weapon.

I picked up a stick.

What? It was the best I could find!

"Whoever the hell is following me, just know I have a weapon, and I'm not afraid to use it!" I shouted. Nothing.

I sighed and lowered down my 'weapon' until I felt somebody grab my shoulder.

I let a scream and twirled around, bring the wooden stick with me. I hit the person with it, hitting them over and over again, not even bothering to see who it was.

"Ray, it's me, Gage! Ouch!" Although I heard that, I continued shrieking and whacking him with the stick, until he finally grabbed it and yanked out my grip, then threw it on the other side of the clearing. I clutched at my fast beating heart as I stared down at Gage.

"You don't sneak up on a girl like that! I thought you were a serial killer!" I hit him in the arm, glaring at him.

"Ah! Abuse!" Gage backed up away from me. "You hit me in the face with that stick. Do you know how bad it would have been if you messed up this beautiful face?" He screeched.

I cocked a hand on my hip. "Are you serious? Again, I thought you were a murderer!"

"Well, at least I know you can protect yourself if you ever run across one," He mumbled and rubbed at his cheek. "Kiss it better?"

I rolled my eyes. And he grinned sheepishly, "Was worth a shot, right?"

"No. Now what did you wanna show me, exactly?"

"So impatient," He mumbled, before grabbing my hand and tugging me into the middle of the clearing, where I caught sight of a blanket laid out, with what looked to be Christmas lights surronding around it.

"Christmas lights?"

"Yeah, it was the best I could find," He shrugged, then continued. "Sitting out here is the best place to look up at the sky. Mainly because there's no trees to block the view."

At that, I looked up at the sky. It was true. Nothing blocked the view of the twinkling stars. "Well, aren't you romantic?" I smirked and Gage laughed.

"I guess."

I passed him and took a seat on the blanket that was sprawled out, I laid back. "Wow, it's pretty." I voiced my thoughts, staring at the sky in amazement.

Gage joined me, laying down right next to me, but giving me space. I was surprised when he didn't try to cuddle up beside me or anything. I liked this new side of him.

"It is." He agreed.

"What star is that?" I pointed to the the glowing yellow star that stood out from the rest.

"The Northern star, perhaps?" He pursed his lips, examining it.

I laughed at his facial expression. "Maybe. Have you ever wished on a star before?"

"No, I've never believed it could come true." He said, "Do you wish on stars?"

I nodded. "Even though they never come true."

"What are some things you've wished for?"

"I can't tell you. There's still a chance they might come true!"

He chuckled, "Right." He stared at the sky for a few minutes, before he asked, "Wanna play twenty questions?"

Twenty questions? It didn't sound that bad. I agreed with a curt nod.

"Alright, me first. What's your favorite colour?"

I tapped a finger against my chin, then lifted up a blue strand of hair. "Blue. Yours?"

"I'd have to say.. red. Whats your favorite food?"

"Well, it's a cereal, but it still counts as food. Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I could eat that for the rest of my life," I said, Gage laughed at that. "What's your favorite car?"

"Mustang," He said in a 'duh' tone. "What were your parents like?"

I found myself to shift uncomfortably, like I always did when people asked my a question I wasn't to..well, comfortable with. But for some reason, I found myself talking to him about it.

"They were always so light. And what I mean by light, I mean happy. Were we pretty much like the normal family. Although, of course, we were all werewolves. But it didn't seem to stop my mom and dad from taking on the world. They were so in love with one another.." I trailed off, remembering how my home life really was. "They looked at one another so tenderly. They barely ever fought and if they did, it was playfully."

"How long were they married?" Gage asked, and I smiled at him.

"I don't think it was your turn to ask a question."

Gage laughed. "You're right. Ask me a question."

"What were your parents like?" I repeated the question he asked, and rolled onto my stomach, I used my both my arms as pillow as I stared at him.

He soon got into the same position, "My mom was MIA most of the time when I was little. I didn't see her much. And the only time I did, it was my father and her arguing. About Avery. And how he was still in love with her. He told her that he could never love my mom the same like he did with Avery. She left later that evening, and didn't come back." He breathed and ran a shaky hand through his hair. "My dad fell into a deep depression. I barely talked to him as a child when I was growing up.

I remember every time my school had a award ceremony, I'd get my hopes up. I'd look at through the crowd of people, wondering if he was there. He never was. And when I got home and tried to show him my awards, he simply gave me a sad smile. And told me, 'That's great.' Even though it didn't seem like it. Every year, I strived harder to do my best, because I wanted to be good enough for him. I still am." He mumbled the last part. A frown touched his face, but he masked it with a smile.

"Now for my last question, how many years were your parents married?"

"My mom and dad got married when she was only eighteen, and when he was nineteen. So, a pretty long time." I answered, then asked, "Who raised you, if your dad didn't?"

Gage shrugged, "Mostly nanny''s. And people from the pack. Maybe that's why I grew up to be such a jackass," He muttered, and right when I was about to ask something, he hit me with another question. "Do you miss them? Your parents?"

I sighed and nodded, "Of course. Everyday I wish this is all just one big dream. And when I wake up, they'll be right there. Because maybe then, I would-" I cut myself off, pressing my lips together. I searched for the right words, making sure not to spill the truth. "Because maybe then I wouldn't be as fucked up as I am now."

"I don't think you're fucked up." He shook his head, a smile grazing his lips. "Just..complicated. And a tad bit cranky."

I laughed. "I suppose. But they are some things you don't know about me, Gage.. Something a lot of people don't know about me. I'm a lot more than just complicated."

"When you're ready, you can tell me." He said.

"Maybe." I gave him a small smile, "Do you miss your mom?"

Gage had a look of confusion on his face, and I wondered why. "I don't know. I mean, I barely knew her. So, what is there to miss? If anything, I miss my dad. Even though I never did know the real him." Again, a frown went on his face. "What's your favorite candy?"

"Sour gummy worms!" I shrieked, and Gage had a look of disgust cross his face.

"Yuck. Those things are gross," He said, "The best candy by far is Twizzlers."

Now it was my turn to scrunch my face up in disgust. "They taste so bland. How can you like them?"

"Because they're good! And that just counted as your question."

"What? No-"

"Too late!" He said, interrupting me. I glared at him. "If you had one day to live, what would you do?"

"Probably beat you up."

Gage jutted out his bottom lip, pouting. "You're so mean." But then he rolled his eyes. "Like you could even beat me up."

"I could take you."

"I could let you."

I glared at him, and nudged him with my leg. "Cocky ass jerk."

"Whatever! Next question!"

I made a thinking face, then decided to go with, "If you were a chick for a day, what would you do?"

"Touch my boobs, of course," He joked, or at least I think he was. "I don't know what I'd do. Being a girl kinda scares me. I mean, with giving birth and shit."

I nodded, understanding what he meant. "Being a dude scares me. I mean, just think of a prostate exam."

"Very true," He agreed, "What's your favorite flower?"

"Red tulips. What's your favorite childhood memory?"

"Hmm," He stayed quiet for a few seconds, probably trying to think of a favorite memory of his, before answering, "That time I went to the lake house. And we all went water skiing, or whatever it's called. Yeah, I totally fell flat on my face. I planted head first into the water all the time. But non the less, it was hilarious. But I never did go back after that."

"Aw, you're afraid of water? How cute." I teased, with a grin on my face. A sincere smile. I didn't know why, but I was extremely happy at the moment. But it's not like it had to anything with Gage.. right?

"Yeah, yeah. Make fun all you want. What's your favorite childhood memory?"

I smiled as I recalled it. "When I was little, I thought I could fly-" Gage cracked up at that, not even letting me finish my story. I shoved him, and he quickly masked his laugh with a cough.

"Sorry," He said sheepishly, "Continue."

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, well like I said, I thought I could fly. I remember getting onto of my dad's car, and I had on this little cape, like wonder woman, because I absolutely loved her, and then I remember jumping. Yeah, it didn't go so well. I fell on my face, right into the mud." I laughed now, sure, but back then, I was crying.

"Sounds painful," Gage mused. I nodded.

"Oh yeah. Back then it was, but now I laugh about it. I thought it was funny. I just think it's so silly how I thought I could fly." A blush coated my face, slightly embarrassed. I was such a stupid little kid.

"Well, did you ever think we'd turn out to be werewolves when we got older?"

I shook my head, "Never. I remember the first it happened. You know, transforming. It was so damn painful. I kinda hated it. All I wanted to be was.. normal."

Gage nodded, sadly. "Me too, Ray. Maybe then what happened between us could have been.. different."

"Do you think we would have even met if things were normal?"

"I think so," He paused, then smiled at me. "Because fate would bring us together. Just like now. And perhaps, in the next life. How do you think we would have turned out? Like, personality wise?"

I shrugged, totally clueless. "I don't know. Maybe I would have been nice. And not 'complicted' and cranky." I mocked his words from earlier.

"I think I would have been.. less of a jackass. If I was raised in a normal family, sure."

I smiled at him, "But normal is so overrated."

He smiled back at me, his eye sparkling with happiness. "That's true. And can I ask you one more question?"

I hesitated for a moment. But then agreed to it, why the hell not?

"Why'd you drink, Ray?"

I sighed at that question, and looked towards him. "Honestly?"

"Honestly." He repeated.

I sat up, and Gage followed, copying my position. "Because I'm not happy with who I am, Gage. You don't understand. How hard it is to wake up everyday, with so much regret.. Like I said, you don't know everything about me. What I've done. I've caused so much pain in the people's lives that I loved. My parents probably died hating me." I croaked and Gage quickly shook his head. I felt his hand grip mine.

"Ray.. whatever really happened with your parents couldn't have been your fault." He objected. It was my turn to shake my head.

"But it was," I felt tears pool in my eyes as I stared at me. "I caused it, Gage. I-"

Gage cut me off, "Don't you dare, Ray. I don't know what went on. I don't know what happened that night. But whatever did, wasn't you."

"In a way, it was." I whispered, and turned to look at him. His blue eyes searched my face.

"You never meant for it to happen, right?"

I shook my head, "Well, no, but-"

"Then it wasn't your fault. Don't put yourself down. You don't need the alcohol, the drugs. They will never make you feel better. Ray, let me help you."

"You can't." I said, stubbornly and a tear drizzled down my face, I wiped at it angrily. "You can't fix me."

"I can try," He mumbled, brushing his thumb over my knuckles. "I can, and will try."

I brushed at a few other stray tears that fell down my face, and looked to him. "Promise?" I whispered, my lips trembling, sobs begging to break through. But I swallowed them down, and searched his face with his eyes.

He looked so serious. So determined.

"Promise." He whispered back.

           The next day when I got to school, I found a box in my locker. One filled with Cinnamon Toast Crunch, sour gummy worms, and one red tulip. I grinned to myself.

------------

So, that's it for now,  at least! :D I hope you guys liked it.. I did. I thought it was nice to write some Gage and Ray time. I was like, 'Ok, enough Dustin and Ray time! xD' But I can assure you there will be more Dustin & Ray time in the future. Along with Gage & Ray.

And yes! Gage has broken up with Ava! I thought it was time to finally end their relationship. And next chapter, you will see why. (: But just because they talked and stuff, doesn't mean all is well..and that she forgives him for what he has done. So don't make assumptions. :P

Also,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! :D

And if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, well, I hope then you're having a lovely day. (:

This year, what I'm grateful for, (Beside my mom and brothers, of course) is you guys! You guys are what really keep me motivated to continue you on with my story. If it weren't for you, I probably would have quit on this story.. You have no idea how much I smile like a dork when I read your comments. Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart, for commenting, voting, fanning, and being awesome. (:

One last thing! I totally never meant to get those lyrics in this chapter. Lol. I was writing it, and I found it down on the page. xD That's why the song, 'Fix you' orginally produced by Coldplay, but being covered by the lovely Boyce Avenue and amazing Tyler Ward is on the side!

Again, thank you all for reading!!

- CeCe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 4.9K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...
825K 30.3K 43
A/N: Just as a reminder. I am not a cliche person. I do do cliche topics but they all have a Rissa twist. Check it out, and I hope ya'll enjoy. _____...
1.4K 17 50
Tika They delivered me to him on a silver platter. Four years ago I was an ordinary girl with a privileged life. After killing the only family I have...
196K 5.3K 57
Book 4 in the Redemption Series. FINISHED! Will edit once I'm done procrastinating. **** "You will always be my possession, but you're not an object...