The Boy: Brandon Dursely

Por KidOfTheAshes

Brandon Dursely was raised knowing who he was and who he will be - but not quite. His adoptive parents had ju... Más

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1: Bran
Chapter 2: The Letter
Chapter 4: Diagon Alley
Chapter 5: Diagon Alley 2
Chapter 6: Hogwarts Express
Chapter 7: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 8: Friends
Chapter 9: Slytherin
Chapter 10 - First Day
Chapter 11: Detention
Chapter 12: Flying
Chapter 13: Training... or not?
Chapter 14: Exploration
Chapter 15: Quidditch
Chapter 16: A Turn Of Events
Chapter 17: Revelation
Chapter 18: Hols
Chapter 19: Snow!
Chapter 20: What Transpired?
Chapter 21: As You Sleep
Chapter 22: Almost Christmas
Chapter 23: Almost Christmas - The 2nd Part
Chapter 24: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 25: Yule
Chapter 26: The First Ride
A Special Chapter: Harry's letter
Chapter 27: Beyond Everything
Chapter 28: Resuming of Term and the Stone
Chapter 29: The Restricted Section and the Philosopher's Stone
Chapter 30: Boil, Boil, Boil!
Chapter 31: BOOM!
Chapter 32: St. Therese of the Child Jesus Orphanage.
Chapter 33: The Missing Link
Chapter 34: To Find
Chapter 35: Mister Snape's Adventure
Chapter 36: Brandon Hadrian Snape
Chapter 37: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 38: 'Please Don't Leave'
Chapter 39: Crushes & Quidditch Seekers
Chapter 40: Fathering Business
Of Ends and Starts
PART 2 COMES UP IN A JIFYYYYYYYYYYY!
3 chapters!

Chapter 3: The Truth of Harry Potter

11K 447 112
Por KidOfTheAshes

July 31st, 1983

Dear Headmaster Dumbledore,

Harry had just spent his third birthday with us.

He has been flourishing well, never one to miss a play of adventure. He has just learned to speak his name; he calls himself "'Ran." He is easily growing up smart, with a little hint of sneak then and there.

Headmaster, I know-- I must protect this child at all costs, even if it meant paying with my own life. But, Sir, why must I hide the truth from him? It eats me up inside. He is my son, too. I love him. But is truly keeping him from knowing the right thing to do? He must learn sooner or later.

Please, Sir. I ask not for me but for Brandon, my son. Your Harry Potter. I don't understand-- how could making him ignorant strengthen him? He deserves to know about himself. He will never be complete, not knowing that he is bound for a prophecy. I know I am inadept at understanding matters that concerns your world , but I believe that the best way for a child to grow is not to confuse him, but to educate him. I don't think his mother, my sister, and the boy's father would appreciate that I, his own guardian and blood, would dare to lie to him.

Please, Sir, allow me to tell him the truth about himself, when time comes. This is request not from Lily's sister, not from a woman, but from a mother.

Yours,

Petunia Dursely, nee Evans.

--------

Petunia did not dare to look at the child in front of her now. The poor boy looked so confused, and she blamed herself for it.

This time, she cried.

"Pet?" Vernon laid a hand on his wife's shoulder. She had been dreading this moment, he knew. She had repeatedly asked Albus Dumbledore to allow then to tell Bran that he was not merely another magical child, but a child who was bound to save their world from a monster. Lilewise, repeatedly, the man insisted it best be saved for later. They must raise Bran as normal a boy could be.

While they didn'tunderstand Dumbledore's intentions, Petunia had to agree. If it meant saving Bran's childhood, she would make herself lie to her child, just to assure him of things. It didn't mean that she had enjoyed it; Vernon was a constant witness to that. But it was something she knew she would have to dealw with, sooner or later.

It appeared to be something sooner.

"Oh Bran! I'm so, so, so sorry," Petunia sobbed, "Oh God..." She held him tight, praying that Lily would forgive her, taht Bran would forgive her.

"Do you want me to tell him, Mum?" Dudley asked, rather hesitant.

"Tell me what, Dudley?" Bran's voice was sounding confused as well. Petunia felt weak. Of course, they would know. There was nothing Magic couldn't reveal.

"Go on, Duds," Vernon encouraged. "You may tell your brother."

"Bran?" Dudley called.

"Yeah?"

"Harry Potter's you."

"What?!" Brandon's voice became like a squeak now. Petunia cried and held him tighter. "What do you mean Harry Potter's me? I... I'm not the Boy Who Lived, right? Maybe... Maybe I'm a wizard, but Mum... Harry Potter? Tell me this is a joke, Mum?"

"It's not a joke, honey. We... We didn't tell you because..."

Brandon paled visibly. He fought towards Petunia's grip and stood.

He turned their back on them, him facing the door. Petunia thought at one time that Bran would burst out the door and never look back. If that would happen, Petunia would only have herself to blame again and again. She lied to him, what would she expect? He's just a boy, and the child whom he thought wasn't him, the child whom she didn't want him to be known as, the child whom he thought was a cursed boy, was actually him. This is what they were trying to stop from happening, the moment they dreaded.

"Brandon?" Dudely called gently.

"Mum," the voice was croaked and laced with distrust, "what happened?"

"Bran, son, look at me," Vernon called, "Please".

"Dad, Mum, why'd you lied to me? You promised." He sounded weak and helpless.

"We... We did what we had to do." Petunia was crying, clutching the envelope. The tears slid off as the magic glowed around with the tears.

"We had to keep you safe, Bran. You know why. You understand, don't you?"

"The Harry Potter story... It's my story?"

"Yes, sadly, it is, Bran. But please don't ever hate us, son."

"Why hadn't I saw that before, Dad?" This time he looked back at them, tears rolling off his cheeks fast, his lashes wet and his eyes puffy and red. He looked so small.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart."

"Voldemort, was it? The Dark Lord?"

"Yes, Bran."

"He killed my Mummy and my Daddy!" He ran towards Vernon, and Vernon felt the boy was weak and trembling. Dudley kissed Brandon's head and Petunia hugged and pulled him to her lap. Now, they were all on the living room floor. Brandon hugged them all and cried his heart out.

He never felt so helpless in his entire life.

---

Brandon smiled sadly as he saw his name at the back of the envelope.

To Mr. H. Potter/ Mr. B. Dursely
The Blue Bedroom
Number 4, Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey

He still can't believe that he was someone else he thought was actually someone else. Someone he pitied before. He was the one he was pitying in the end.

That night, he cried himself. He didn't talk to them and he was glad they understood. That was the best thing in his family. They were understanding and they love him.

The letter would change the way he looked at things now. It would change the way he saw himself.

Knowing who he was made him complete now. Well, at least, complete in a way.

He let out a sigh as he saw himself at the mirror.

Long, dark, straight hair, emerald green eyes, a nice nose and a sharp face. He was tall and slim, he was pale and fast. He had a lightning shaped scar he got when he was hit by some spell on the night his mother and father died. The real ones. How could he be stupid to not spot the similarities in the story?

Is this Harry Potter? The Boy Who Lived? The So-Called Savior of the Wizarding World? Am I him?

He was, after all, just Brandon Dursely all his life. He decided to not dwell on it.

He opened the envelope one more time and read what is said.

Greetings Young One!

It is to our great pleasure that we inform you that you are invited to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for your schooling. You are hereby required to purchase the folowing on Diagon Alley;

-Standard First Year Curriculum Books (the book titles are attached on the piece of parchment included in the envelope)

-A Wand

-Hogwarts school robes (BLACK, if you please) and uniform set

- A pointed wizarding hat

-Rolls of Parchment and Sets of Quills, Inks and Inkpots

- Potions First Year Standard Kit

You may bring a pet (an owl, a toad OR a kneazle) of your choice.

Term starts on September 1st. The ticket is for Platform 9 3/4. The Hogwarts Express leaves at two in the afternoon. Confirmation should not be later than August 15th.

Yours truly,

Deputy Headmistress Minerva McGonagall

Approved: Headmaster Albus Dumbledore

Petunia had taken the confirmation measures and had told him that they are to go to Diagon Alley a few days after his birthday, which was due three days from now.

"Bran? Are you still upset?" Dudley emerged and went inside his room, finding him still in front of the mirror. He shook his head as an answer.

"Mum still thinks you are, though." Dudley was now sitting on his bed

No, he wasn't upset, nor was he feeling happy, either. It was a mixture of both and tons of others. He stopped for a moment and said, "I don't know, Duds," then stopped for another moment and added, "Am I really Harry Potter? The Boy Who Lived?"

Dudely looked at his brother, his eyes looking faraway. He kept still for a moment then said, "You're still our Brandon, Bran. No matter who you are or who you will be. I'm sure Aunt Lily knows that."

Brandon sighed and replied, "I don't think I know."

He then took Dudley's hands and guided him outside, where their parents were waiting for them. They were going to buy groceries that day, and Brandon wouldn't have it any other way.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

34.8K 1K 28
Danielle Evans is a Gryffindor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She is a close friend of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Grange...
431 4 9
Jason Dursley had been living a fine life with his adoptive parents until his accidental magic made his mother remember her own sister whom she could...
373K 12.7K 33
After being saved from the Dursley's as a toddler, Harry James Potter was taken in by a new family. A family he truly deserved. He was finally able t...
193K 5.3K 9
Snape finds an abused Harry outside his home one night and everything changes.