The Boy: Brandon Dursely

Per KidOfTheAshes

Brandon Dursely was raised knowing who he was and who he will be - but not quite. His adoptive parents had ju... Més

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 2: The Letter
Chapter 3: The Truth of Harry Potter
Chapter 4: Diagon Alley
Chapter 5: Diagon Alley 2
Chapter 6: Hogwarts Express
Chapter 7: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 8: Friends
Chapter 9: Slytherin
Chapter 10 - First Day
Chapter 11: Detention
Chapter 12: Flying
Chapter 13: Training... or not?
Chapter 14: Exploration
Chapter 15: Quidditch
Chapter 16: A Turn Of Events
Chapter 17: Revelation
Chapter 18: Hols
Chapter 19: Snow!
Chapter 20: What Transpired?
Chapter 21: As You Sleep
Chapter 22: Almost Christmas
Chapter 23: Almost Christmas - The 2nd Part
Chapter 24: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 25: Yule
Chapter 26: The First Ride
A Special Chapter: Harry's letter
Chapter 27: Beyond Everything
Chapter 28: Resuming of Term and the Stone
Chapter 29: The Restricted Section and the Philosopher's Stone
Chapter 30: Boil, Boil, Boil!
Chapter 31: BOOM!
Chapter 32: St. Therese of the Child Jesus Orphanage.
Chapter 33: The Missing Link
Chapter 34: To Find
Chapter 35: Mister Snape's Adventure
Chapter 36: Brandon Hadrian Snape
Chapter 37: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 38: 'Please Don't Leave'
Chapter 39: Crushes & Quidditch Seekers
Chapter 40: Fathering Business
Of Ends and Starts
PART 2 COMES UP IN A JIFYYYYYYYYYYY!
3 chapters!

Chapter 1: Bran

14.8K 482 82
Per KidOfTheAshes

"Get down here now, Brandon!"

The shout-- or shriek-- of Petunia Dursely was heard all throughout the house. Vernon chuckled out loud as their adoptive son, Brandon, who was ten, was still asleep when it was already eight in the morning. Petunia hated it when the boy would 'slack off'.

"Mum!" Another shout from a different part of house was heard. It was their other son, Dudley Dursely, is now twelve.

"Mum, have you seen my brown pants?! It's gone. Do yah think Bran got it?!"

"That question would only be answered if you wake him up, Duds," Vernon quietly suggested as he went up to Dudley's room to help him find his stuff.

The boys were always pranking each other around the house, but Bran, being magical, would always win. Sometimes it would annoy Dudley, and sometimes, it would make him feel amazed and a bit jealous of his brother's ability, but most of the time, he would make Dudley laugh so hard that tears would come out his eyes.

"You mean he's not yet awake yet?! It's about to turn eight!"

"That's why I'm awake, Duds," a gruff, sleepy voice took Dudely by suprise as he came face to face with Brandon, whose eyes were still hazed with sleep, and hair sticking all around his head, "Good morning, Dad."

"I hate it when you do that, Bran!" Dudley exclaimed, hating the flinch he would always feel when surprised, which made Bran roll his eyes.

"Mornin' Bran," Vernon said, and he quickly left the room, muttering to himself. "Now that Brandon's here, I think I have to wash up for breakfast..."

"Why do you think I do it, Dudley?" The younger boy taunted as soon as their father was out of the door.

"Oh shut up, Brandon!" Dudley groaned, stomping a foot down, "Come, help me find my pants. I'm gonna be late for my summer classes!"

Dudley was turning a bit annoyed at his younger brother.

"Yeah, right," Bran exasperatedly exclaimed, "You're such a lazy bone. You never know how to look for things! Maybe that's why you have your brown pants atop your head!"

"What?" Dudley immediately put a hand on his head to see if there was pants on it. There was none, of course, but Brandon would not have any of it. He always took his time to tease his brother about so many things. Vernon, who heard his youngest son, laughed to himself at this.

Brandon was still in his pajamas as he ran downstairs, quick as lightning, followed by Dudely. He was always a fast boy, and Vernon could've guessed that it came from the boy's father. Lily, his sister-in-law, was never one for running. She was graceful and beautiful, and she had magic in her. The boy had her eyes,her nose, her smile and her magic. The rest- well, it should've been the father. Brandon was tall, and had pale skin. He had dark hair, as black as a crow's feather. Brandon was sharp and pick up on things quickly.

Dudley had taken after his father,  and was not so tall. Brandon was almost taller than his older brother. Dudley had brown hair and brown eyes. He had a bulky body, and it made him intimidating.

"Run as fast as you can," Dudley screamed, "because I'm coming to get you, Brandon!"

The boys were both rambunctious and they both filled the house with laughter.

Brandon screamed, not wanting to be subjected to his brother's ire.

"Mummy!" Bran called for their mother

"Stop that, boys!" Petunia scolded the two, "Breakfast's ready. Call your father."

At that, the boys halted, but still smiling at each other. Brandon said a quick, "Morning, Mum," which Dudley echoed.

"Good morning to you, too, Brandon," Petunia greeted back. Turning to her eldest, she tipped her head, "and to you, Dudley. Call your father please, Bran."

Brandon walked up to his parents' room and was about to knock on the door when something caught his eyes and ears.

Something was rapping up at his bedroom window. The creature had a sharp beak and wide eyes. It was black as midnight and had something on its beak. It stopped when Brandon stared unbelievingly at it.

"Is that an owl?!" He wondered out loud.

The creature stared at him longer than Bran would think it would. It wasn't bothered- not like any other owl Bran ever saw- about how a human was so near to it, when the ones at the zoo were aloof to humans.

After what seemed like a long while, Bran heard his parents' bedroom door opening, revealing his dad already dressed up for work.

"Hey, son," Vernon smiled at his youngest. Upon receiving no response, Vernon eyed the boy quizzically, and followed Bran's gaze, "What are you looking at?"

For a moment, he thought that Bran was seeing something strange at his bedroom window.

As soon as the boy turned to him, the curious look vanished. All that was left was Bran's normal green eyes.

"Uh," Bran hesitated, "I thought..."

"Yes?" Vernon prodded, one eyebrow arching up, "You thought what?"

"Uhm," Bran hesitated. He decided right then and there that it was just a trick of the light, though his mind and heart were telling him otherwise, "I thought you would like to come down now, Dad. It's- uh- breakfast. I mean, Mum wanted me to call you for breakfast."

"Oh, I see." Vernon shrugged and nodded, "Well then, let's go."

Bran followed his father down the stairs wordlessly down towards the dining room, but not before turning to take one more look at his bedroom window- only to see that there was no bird, nor any sign that a bird, specifically an owl, was ever there.

---

Later that night, Brandon could not sleep at all. He was still wondering if the bird was real. At the moment, it seemed as if it was... Magical. Could it be that Hogwarts really did come for him after all? He was turning eleven on the 31st, and he knew all about magic. His Mum, who had no magic, was quite knowledgeable about it. She always told him stories about his mother's Hogwarts days, although Petunia always changed the subject when asked about his father. All he ever knew about him was that of his looks, save his eyes and nose were from his Mum. Bran loved those stories. It made him feel closer to his real mother in some way. Not that his current Mum, who was really his Aunt, was not great, but Bran always knew that he was not like them, ever since he made the car stop and hover in midair as it was about to hit Dudley when he was three. He always liked it when he did something magical, it made him feel... whole.

Right now, he was doubting if he would ever attend Hogwarts- it's just that he was doubting if all of it was real. He was brought up with the stories, but not the actual 'Wizarding World'.

He tossed and turned and tried so hard to fall asleep, but sleep just wouldn't come. He listened for any sign of being awake of anyone in the house but all that greeted him was his Dad snoring and the crickets at the garden.

He glanced at the clock and saw it flash 12:31 A.M. He got up wearily. He was so sleepy, but it seemed that his eyes and his whole body was protesting. So he got up and sat near his windowsill and let the night air come in. He stretched his body a little and watched the twinkling stars and the mystical moon.

At times like this, he would always let his though drift to his mother, whom he had seen through a magical photo kept in the house. He knew she died protecting him against some bad wizard. Why did the wizard wanted to kill him, he would never know. At least, not until he gets to go at Hogwarts.

She was so beautiful, Brandon thought, she would've been perfect!

Then he let himself dream on about what his father would've been. He must've been clever and strong, and had a caring smile and a gentle stare. He let himself wonder what he looked like, really. Was his eyes brown or blue? Was he always reading a book? Or did he like Hogwarts, too? Did he ever love him? Is he still alive? Did he know magic, too? Or was he ever indulged in something nice at all?

So many questions, and yet so little answers.

At that, Bran felt like he was getting too sleepy. He decided to go back to his bed.

As he closed the window and headed towards Dreamland, he didn't notice the same midnight black owl putting an envelope neatly on the windowsill, with golden letters bearing the words;

To Mr. H. Potter/ Mr. B. Dursely
The Blue Bedroom
Number 4, Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey

for he was finally asleep.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

151K 4K 20
(Y/n) (Y/l/n). A 5th year Hogwarts student. 16 years old. A Gryffindor and a muggle-born. Very kind, very nice, and very very lonely. Severus Snape...
358K 7.8K 40
You knew the Malfoy's since you were little. You father, Severus Snape (a potions teacher at Hogwarts) is a really good friend of both but you never...
213K 6.2K 42
Severus Snape finds himself alive after the war, saved by none other than the insufferable know-it-all. But did he even want to be saved? Hermione on...
297K 3.7K 22
Clarissa was homeschooled by her adoptive parents before coming to Hogwarts for her final year. There was no hesitation putting her in Slytherin and...