Bulletproof // Snowbarry

By xellyjoyx

"I'm bulletproof, got nothing to loose, fire away, fire away" [#2 in snowbarry] More

foreward
one // edited
two // edited
three // edited
four // edited
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
Bonus Chapter
New Book!
Authors Note

14

6.3K 144 93
By xellyjoyx

"Just because I let you go, doesn't mean I wanted to"

----

Remember Iris doesn't know about Caitlin and Barry - the author 

----

"I...." Caitlin began, "I do." Cisco smiled. They both wanted to be back together but they didn't want to confront each other about it. "But, I don't want to be in fear that he's going to die every moment of my life," Caitlin sighed.

"Well, You can't stay like this forever," Cisco mentioned.

"I know. I want to go back to work, but I'm just worried that whenever I see him I'm just going to fall apart," Caitlin explained.

"You didn't fall apart today from what I heard," Cisco pointed out.

"I acted like a total jerk. I was being a smart*ss," Caitlin mumbled.

"Ok, I'll tell you what," Cisco stood up, "come back to work tomorrow, but don't wear that." Cisco pointed to the necklace around her necklace.

"But..." Caitlin looked down at her necklace and began to play with the charm.

"See you tomorrow!" Cisco interrupted her and the walked out her door.

The Next Day

Barry had barely slept. He replayed the kiss in his mind over and over. He replayed the way she looked at him that day, the way she looked. He replayed every single moment up until his alarm rang. He pressed the snooze button and then used his speed to do his daily routine.

At breakfast Iris was more silent than normal, Wally was silent the entire time to avoid the drama, and Joe seemed a little weird as if he knew what had happened yesterday. The truth is, he probably was there to investigate the robbery. Barry pretty much knew he was going to get a lecture as soon as he put his breakfast bowl in the sink.

Just as he had thought, Joe walked up to Barry after he put his bowl in the sink.

"I saw what happened at Caitlin's house yesterday," Joe whispered, trying to make sure Iris didn't hear.

"I'm ready for the lecture," Barry admitted.

"No lecture this time. It was so adorable! All the cops who saw were surprised you had a girlfriend," Joe laughed.

"Technically I don't," Barry corrected him.

"But you did," Joe went on without realizing what he had just said.

"Low blow," Barry dropped his head and then ran to STAR Labs.

Barry and Cisco sat in the cortex for a while. Cisco was anxious. He had been tapping his foot repeatedly for over an hour and constantly looking at the entrance to the cortex. Barry was suspicious but didn't want to ask because if Cisco wanted to him to know anything he would have said something. Maybe it's a surprise party for me. It's not my birthday, though, but a surprise party is always nice, Barry thought. Then he heard heels clicking in the hallway. Thinking it was Iris he didn't turn around automatically, but then the clicking got closer and he got curious. The clicking stopped when the person with the heels entered the cortex. Barry saw Cisco's smile spread across his face, so he had to turn around.

"Caitlin?" Barry didn't dare to call her Cait.

Barry stood up to give her her seat back. She set her purse under the desk and then began to type. Barry stared at her, there was something different. It wasn't her hair or her clothes. It was like something was missing. Her necklace. Barry bit his lip to try not to cry. Caitlin stole a glance at him and saw him biting his lip. She bit her lip too because it was bothering her to see Barry trying not to cry.

It was a little awkward, especially for Cisco. Barry and Caitlin would steal glances at each other every once in awhile. A crime alert came on the computer. There was gunfire at the plaza. Caitlin wasn't sure she was prepared for this.

Barry got in his suit and then ran to the plaza. There were multiple gunmen, all at different angles. He used his speed to try and disarm them, but the bullets were too fast to catch them all at once. He caught some of them, but some of them went straight towards him. He wasn't fast enough, so, one of the bullets went straight into his arm. He stopped dead.

"We made those guns special for you Flash," One of the gunmen laughed.

Knowing he couldn't go on in this condition, Barry left when the cops arrived and the gunman fled.

Caitlin's eyes went wide when she saw his arm. Barry changed out of his suit and into sweatpants. He left his shirt off, however, because he couldn't have a sleeve, even one form a t-shirt, over the bullet wound. Like usual, Barry sat down on one of the hospital beds and waited for Caitlin to come over. Caitlin grabbed some special tweezers and started to pull the bullet out of his right arm.

"Dude, what happened out there? You can normally catch all the bullets," Cisco tried to distract Barry from the pain of having a bullet ripped out of his arm.

"These bullets went crazy fast and there were hundreds flying at me. I caught most of them," Barry groaned.

Cisco and Caitlin each made a puzzled face, they had no idea how to beat a bullet Barry can't outrun. Caitlin put the bullet on a tray and then patched Barry up with a gauze pad. Barry couldn't move his arm for a good hour until the wound heals, but it wasn't a big deal. BHe remained on the hospital bed while Cisco tried to find nearby stores security cameras to check out what happened. It was eerily quiet if you don't count Cisco's typing.

"Barry... " Caitlin broke the silence.

This was the first time either of them heard her speak today. Cisco stopped typing and looked at her from over his computer. Barry looked up from his wounded arm and stared at her. This time, it was dead quiet. There wasn't sliver of sound throughout the whole building.

"You could've gotten hurt a lot worse than you did," Caitlin said sternly.

"But I didn't," Barry stressed.

Caitlin rolled her eyes. Cisco went back to typing. Barry hopped off the bed and went to grab a shirt. Caitlin secretly watched him put on the STAR Labs t-shirt as she cleaned up the doctor supplies.

"I think I'm gonna go home and rest," Barry announced, grabbing his jacket.

Cisco and Caitlin gave him a small smiled and waved goodbye. Barry used his speed to run home to the West house.

He went home to a bunch of worried faces. There was Joe, who was sitting on the couch, with his head turned towards Barry, Iris, who was cleaning up dinner, standing with a dirty plate in each hand, staring at Barry, and Wally, who was walking down the stairs, putting his wallet in his back pocket and staring at Barry. The news was on in the background.

"It was reported by witnesses at the plaza shooting earlier tonight that the Flash was shot on the scene. Normally, the Flash can catch any bullet that comes his way, but tonight that was not the case," A news anchor on the tv informed the public.

"You're opening your door with your left hand, not your right, the rumors are true! Are you ok?" Joe noticed.

"I'm good. Caitlin patched me up, I can take the gauze pad off in about an hour," Barry explained as he sat down on the chair next to the couch.

"Caitlin was there today?" Joe asked, surprised.

"Why wouldn't she be?" Iris asked, oblivious.

The three guys stared at her with wide eyes. Wally had seen Barry and Caitlin that day on Jackson Street which clued him in on the situation, but Iris was still clueless.

"She was sick the past few days," Joe lied.

"Since when does she get sick?" Iris asked.

The three guys shrugged. Wally walked out the door to wherever he was going and Iris continued to clean up dinner. Joe stared at Barry, looking for answers on the Caitlin situation. Barry shook his head as if to say "not now, later".

Iris went upstairs to shower after she cleaned up dinner, giving Barry and Joe a chance to talk. When the two heard the bathroom door close they looked at each other and leaned closer.

"So, Caitlin came in today a few hours after Cisco and I arrived. She wasn't wearing the necklace I got her for her birthday. We would look at each other for a split second and then look away while we sat in the cortex. She didn't even say a word until I had hurt myself," Barry gave him the short version.

"Wow, that's a lot for one day," Joe commented.

Barry let out a breath of air and rubbed his hands through his hair. The doorbell rang. Barry assumed it was Wally realizing he forgot his house keys again, so he got up to answer it. He turned the doorknob with his left hand. The door swung opened, revealing a dark red-haired beauty. 

----------

Dear readers, 

Once again, I'm really sorry about changing the book in the middle of it, I just feel it's best for the book right now if Iris doesn't know. 

I'll  post a few chapters tomorrow and maybe one more tonight, it just depends if I finish the next chapter tonight. 

Next week will be insane for me btw, so you'll probs get like two chapters the whole week. 

Mon - Field day at school, cheer tryouts that night \ Tues - Celebrity day at school, Strings rehearsal, Strings concert, cheer tryouts part 2 \ Wed - 8th grade trip to NYC all day/night \ Thurs - Strings performance for judges all day \ Fri - Strings trip to Dorney Park all day/night \ Sat - Going down the shore all day/night

RIP my sleep schedule :| 

Comment and Vote! 

Follow me on Instagram - flash.xoxo

Love, the author,

Elly :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.6K 1.8K 40
There was just something about Catlin that had always made Barry wonder about her but he knew he had to keep her safe more then anything, Catlin didn...
115K 2.4K 35
This is just a mini-thing I'll do once in a while amongst all of my stories. Because I wanted to do some one shots.
50.9K 1.5K 22
When he's not helping the city by stopping criminals with his forensic expertise, he's saving the city from other threats. Barry allen fights other m...
30.4K 923 23
Barry and Caitlin had dated in high school, but when they both went to separate colleges, they drifted apart and eventually broke up. Years later, Ca...