Luminous (I)

HeyOreos88 द्वारा

'Whatever it was, I would face it. Whatever it was, I would win. Something bigger than me had made me a Luna... अधिक

FOREWARNING
Chapter I ***
Chapter II ***
Chapter III ***
Chapter IV ***
Chapter V ***
Chapter VI ***
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Important A/N
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
SEQUEL
DARKNESS
DARKNESS IS UP!
MARKED SERIES

Chapter XXVI

1.3K 73 10
HeyOreos88 द्वारा

QUESTION FOR TODAY: Xbox or PlayStation (my little brother asked me to do this and he's excited to know the results!! 😂)

"No," I said, shaking my head. "This is not happening."

I was clutching the blood bracelet as if it was my lifeline. Sammie had disappeared because of me. His blood was riding the metal because of me. If I hadn't been so forgetful, he needn't of gone back. It was my fault.

"Damien, I'm so-"

"No!" he roared, effectively silencing me. "You've done enough. Ever since you waltzed into my life, everything has gone wrong. Death and destruction follow you everywhere. I don't need someone like that as my mate, much less as my pack's Luna. Red Blood means more to me than that. My brother means more to me than that."

My worst fears had become a reality. I could see hatred burning in his eyes and I shied away, fighting tears. Power built in my stomach, craving release. Despite my obvious efforts the ethereal energy resonated from my skin, mingling with the heady air.

Thunder rolled over the rooftops, breaking the silence. Alex looked up at the sky with wide eyes, and at that moment, a torrent of rain was unleashed, supported by the strengthening gust. The darkness that dominated the once blue canvas casted us in a premature twilight, much to my dislike. I couldn't control it.

Yes you can. A voice drifted into my mind, penetrating my tumultuous thoughts. Believe in yourself and what you can do.

Damien didn't pay me a second glance as he powered back inside, too furious to bestow his attention to the brooding clouds. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, readying myself.

"Thea!" Alex shouted. "I know you're hurting, but you need to stop this storm! A fucking tornado is forming right behind our asses!"

I froze and wheeled around. Alex was right; the storm had gathered at one focal point, where the strong gusts were encircling to form a tornado. I blanched and fumbled for a solution.

Just breathe. Imagine your energy; give it a colour, a size, anything. Then imagine it flooding back into your system.

I did as I was instructed. I imagined my energy- it was purple, and flowed from every pore, branching out into oblivion. With a shaky breath I pulled it towards my feeble figure. As the omnipotent force pooled back into my body the storm began to falter- the ominous clouds broke, allowing pallid light to flood into existence. Unsupported, the growing tornado collapsed into the humid air.

"That's it," Alex said encouragingly. "You've got this, T."

He was right. The thunderstorm was now nonexistent, and only whispers of its presence remained. I smiled weakly.

"I'm sure he didn't mean it, Thea. He's just upset because Sammie has disappeared." Alex said gently.

"I fully understand that- truly, I do. But his words still hurt me. He's supposed to be my soulmate, and he doesn't think I can lead his pack." I murmured.

Alex was silent. I sighed in defeat and slumped into the house, paying no heed to the inquisitive stares that scrutinised my every move. My sadness was traded for a newfound determination as I reached my bedroom; I was going to learn to control my powers, find Sammie, and prove my poor excuse for a mate wrong.

I was the Luna.

____________________________________________________________

"Breathe, See, Release." I muttered to myself.

I'd been holed up in my room for hours. After making the consecutive decision to discover my abilities I'd immediately began- Sammie was in trouble and it was my fault. The sooner I learned to control my powers, the sooner I could rescue him.

The water, which had abandoned its cup and now hung in the air, was proving difficult to control. Air and earth were by far the easiest to manipulate, whilst fire and water were far more unpredictable. I shifted in my seat and lifted my hand slightly, watching in rapt fascination as the water reluctantly mirrored my movement.

"Hey T-  OH MY FUCK."

At the sound of Jake's voice my concentration broke. The water splashed across the table, dousing both myself and my bowl of cereal.

"Damn," I muttered softly.

"I'm guessing you've been learning how to control your powers." Jake grinned as if nothing was wrong.

"And how would you reach such a conclusion?" I queried.

"Because the bed is wrecked, the floor is cracked, there are burn marks marring the walls and water was just floating in mid air." he laughed.

"I'll fix it," I said glumly. "Somehow."

A heavy silence hung in the air before Jake plucked up the courage to speak. "I'm sorry about what happened. It was my mate's birthday, and I- well, I don't really know. I just lost it."

"It's fine," I replied. "So, they let you out?"

"It seems so." he smiled broadly. "So what have I missed?"

"Sammie's been kidnapped, Damien thinks I'm to blame and I may have accidentally lost control of my powers. Again." I rushed.

He blinked repeatedly. "Oh. Why do I always miss the drama?"

I lowered my gaze to the floor and played with a stray lock of hair. Jake's expression softened and he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, it's not your fault. I know that's what Damien said, but he'll just be overwhelmed by grief. I'm sure he's already kicking himself."

I brightened at his words. "You really think so?"

"Of course." Jake smiled.

"Well I'm going to see him and apologise. I don't want to him to feel alone in this."

That was all it took. I was hurrying downstairs in an instant, spurred on by Jake's words. Alex, I noticed, was posted outside the study with a guilty expression on his face. As I approached he stiffened.

"I wouldn't go in there, Thea. You won't like what you see." Alex warned.

My blood turned to ice. "Let me through. I'm the Luna, Alex."

He couldn't do anything but move- my status overrode his. I flung open the door, fervently apologising.

"Look, Damien, I'm really sorry-"

The words died in my throat. Damien was kissing Leila with such passion that I wanted the ground to swallow me whole. At the sound of my voice he abruptly broke away and turned to face me.

"Thea, I-"

"Shut the fuck up before I shut your mouth for you, Alpha. If you want that little slut to be Luna, fine. This is the second fucking time I've caught you in the act. Maybe you should go put your dick somewhere else- a blender, maybe." I snarled.

Damien was too shocked to speak. Leila, however, was bold enough to protest.

"You're too pathetic to be Luna, anyway. At least I'm a werewolf." she shrugged.

Damien's eyes darkened and he stalked towards her. I flung my arm out and manipulated the around him, preventing any further movement. He looked at me in surprise and I smirked.

"Don't be a hypocrite, Alpha. You said the same thing yourself." I fixed my gaze on Leila, who was regarding me with wide eyes. "I see your arm has healed. I could fix that, if you want."

She blanched. I lifted my hand and smiled as tiny flames danced across my palm; it was an obscene threat, yes, but she needed to learn her place.

"I-I'm sorry, Luna." she bowed her head, trembling. "I won't disrespect you again."

"Leave," I spat. "I need to talk to my mate for a moment."

She hurried out of the door. I eased my grip on the air surrounding his legs and he breathed a sigh of relief, though his eyes told a different story entirely. They were black with fury.

"There's a word for people like you. I'm sorry to break it to you, Damien, but you're a fuckboy." I sighed dramatically.

"I am not a fuckboy." Damien said through gritted teeth.

"The first step to becoming a decent human being is to admit you were a shit one in the first place." I shrugged.

"First of all, I'm not a human being. I'm a werewolf. Secondly, I am not a bad person. I'm just a bad mate."

I cocked an eyebrow. "Very true. And that's why I'm going to reject your sorry ass."

Just as I was about to utter the dreaded words, he lunged at me. I crashed against the floor with a solid thump and groaned.

"Why do you always do this? I swear, this must be the third time I've tried to reject you by now-"

"Please," he whispered brokenly. "I know I fucked up. I was just so desperate- I was sure you hated me, and I didn't have anyone to turn to. My brother has been stolen, and is possibly dead- do you have any idea how that feels?"

"Yes!" I screamed. "My entire family, bar my drunken uncle, are dead. My best friend is dead. Everyone I fucking love is dead."

"You still have me." he murmured softly.

"Don't you dare even go there. You've cheated on me twice. Just because you've suffered some sort of loss. How is that fair?" I chuckled humourlessly.

"It isn't fair. And I'm sorry. I love you more than anything in this world." he said desperately.

"Kissing someone else isn't the way to show it." I replied.

"Please forgive me. I will never do it again." he vowed.

"I'm not going to forgive you. Ever. But I'm going to make a compromise. We will try and make this work for the pack. We're going to find Sammie and we're going to act like the perfect couple that everyone expects us to be. But if I ever see you kissing anyone else again, I won't hesitate in rejecting you. Understood?"

He nodded resolutely and I clambered up, dusting myself off. "I'm sorry. I love you."

I stilled as a pang of pain erupted in my stomach. "Then act like you do."

____________________________________________________________

"So what's the plan?" Alex asked.

We were sat around the meeting table. Roxy, Xander, Jake, Ryan, Jacob, Damien, Alex, Neill and I were all present. Everyone other than Roxy and Xander were joining in on the search; the former Alpha and Luna were there to offer their input. Judging by the purple rings that encircled their eyes, Sammie's disappearance was deeply affecting them.

"How about we stand outside their door and act like we know nothing?" I snapped. All eyes turned to me and I regretted my vicious words almost instantly.

Alex looked hurt. "I'm sorry, Thea."

"Just continue. That was childish of me."

Everyone discussed possible plans of attack and I was tempted to join in, but all I could think about was Sammie. What if he was hurt? What is he was dead? What if he-

"Thea?"

Damien's fingers skimmed my shoulder and I flinched. Hurt flashed in his eyes and I swallowed thickly.

"Pardon?" I asked politely.

"What do you think we should do?" Ryan asked.

I shifted uncomfortably. "Well, you're all thinking very offensively. Maybe it's time to be more strategic. Sammie was obviously taken for a reason- he's the Alpha's brother. Maybe it was a way to draw Damien out."

"That makes a lot of sense," Neill nodded. "What do you propose we do?"

"Have Damien enter the woods. Make it seem as if he's completely alone. I'm sure his presence will attract whoever has stolen Sammie. As soon as the kidnapper is in sight, we attack. With our numbers we will force them to flee back to their base, where we will find Sammie." I suggested.

"You just want to kill me," Damien sulked.

I shot him a harsh glare. "No, I don't. I've seen too many of my loved ones die."

"So you do love me!" Damien smiled triumphantly.

"I can't help loving you. But I definitely don't like you at the moment."

His smile fell. I exhaled loudly and turned back to the group, arching an eyebrow.

"Who agrees that Thea's plan is the best course of action?" Jake asked.

Everyone, including Damien, murmured their confirmation.

It was settled.

____________________________________________________________

"Don't worry, Alpha. We'll all be in your immediate vicinity, so nothing will happen." Neill spoke solemnly.

"It's not me who I'm worried about." he grumbled.

His gaze met mine and I fought the urge to dive into his arms. He was my mate, and as much as I tried to deny it, I was irrevocably in love with him.

I just wish he reciprocated my feelings.

"I'll be fine, Alpha. I may not be able to shift into a hairy beast at will, but I have my own set of abilities." I replied stiffly.

"Don't call me that," he said, shaking his head. "It upsets my wolf."

I bit back a sarcastic supply and instead smiled sweetly. "Understood, Alpha Damien."

He growled warningly. I simply tucked a stray lock of hair behind my ear and flounced into the woods, assuming my position. Since I was the only human, I could withstand the effects of silver and brandish a weapon of my choice. I chose a collection of throwing knives. My father had taken it upon himself to teach me how to use them; by now it was second nature, and I could wield them with litheness and deadly precision.

"Good luck, Thea. We should be able to get in and out with ease, but you are our last resort. If they reach this area of the forest it means we are in dire trouble. Be ready to warn the rest of the pack." Jacob said.

I nodded solemnly and reached for one of my knives. As my skin came into contact with the metal it hissed, and huge welts blossomed across my palm. I dropped it with a pained shriek. Surprise danced in Jacob's eyes, though he said nothing.

"What the fuck?" I whispered, almost to myself.

"Don't ask me." Jacob threw his hands up in mock surrender. "Are you alright?"

I nodded, too tired to consider what it meant. Damien was stood at the edge of the forest, talking quietly with Jake.

I imagine that they're talking about us.

I stiffened. Great. My subconscious thinks it's an actual person.

I am not your subconscious, Thea.

"Who's fucking with me?" I shouted to the nearby wolves.

Alex smirked and pointed at Damien. "He is!"

I rolled my eyes. "He was, more like. He'll be lucky if he makes it within an inch of the bed now."

"Anyway, who's messing with me? I keep hearing a voice in my head and I don't remember opening the pack link." I yelled.

"There's a word for that, Thea." Ryan grinned. "It's called insanity."

Although he was joking, truth resonated in his words. I faked a smile as they jogged into the woods, trading the known for an eerie darkness that meant only one thing.

Oblivion.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

32.3K 1.1K 34
Running from his dark legacy, River finds himself caught in the midst of a werewolf rivalry bleeding into the human world; a low fantasy enemies to l...
The Dark Alpha Sydney द्वारा

वेरवुल्फ़

340K 7.2K 39
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
10K 218 22
Would you trust someone whom you've known for a day? Blaze has found herself in the wrong territory whilst on the run from her past, but something or...
288K 7.7K 52
it's the sequel to "the mate of his nanny 1" that I have to post separately because the story is 252 chapters and we can only post 200 per story !!