87th Games

By shazrpx95

Trust no one, betray any person and win at whatever the cost. Scarlett Aspen had been reaped into the 87th Hu... More

The 87th Hunger Games
The Grim Reaping
Avery Vada
The Calvary
Animal To The Slaughter
The Lamb Story
What Are The Odds?
Trouble
Cornucopia Take-Over
Knot-boy.
Complications
New Alliance
Only A Pawn In The Game
Tables Have Turned
Chopping Block
Key To Everything
Sitting Ducks
Quid Pro Quo
Beginning To An End

The Firing Squad

713 38 47
By shazrpx95

(a/n This is kind of exciting. The only time I will ever do another person's point of view in this book. I thought it would be interesting to find out whats happening in the Captiol while Scar is in the games. Hope you like it! Read, vote and comment!

Avery’s P.O.V

“P-p-resident Snow” I stammered as I opened the door. I beckoned him inside and tightened my robe. I wondered why he had come to visit me so late in the night but I could already guess the answer.

He knew.

“Young Avery” he chimed, his voice slightly amused. “I see you’ve made yourself quite welcome here. Tell me, you’re originally from district…?” He waited patiently for me to answer.

“One” I stated smoothly, sizing my opponents. He had two body guards with him who were standing a length away just out of ear shot. I could easily take them but I was unsure about Snow. He was the president of the Capitol and the whole of Panem for God’s sake.

“So tell me, why did you volunteer to coach tributes from district 10?” A smile played on his lips as he walked over and sat down on a plush white leathered chair.

I followed him to the dining room and sat across from him. I noticed his body guards were armed with guns, which was incredibly unusual.

I suddenly realised with great alarm. President Snow definitely knew.

I groaned internally. I had a really bad feeling about this.

 “I’m doing-well, it’s because… Well I’m not entirely sure” I replied, trying not to answer his question directly.

I didn’t volunteer to coach Scar and Arrow because I thought they could win, it was because I didn’t want to coach my own tributes from my own district.

“I understand you have a sister” Snow continued, a smirk playing on his lips.

I went rigid. “What? How-how do you k-know?” nobody in my district knew about this, let alone any one from the capitol.

“Her name is Bloom Vada, correct?”

I sighed and nodded. Barely any one from my district knew about my estranged sister. I hated her and I wanted anybody but Bloom to win. It was why I tried so hard to gain popularity for Scarlett and Arrow. I made the Capitol reel over them, over their love-hate relationship. I made sure they had a huge entrance in the Ceremony by riding the horses because I knew it would be a biggest entrance than ever before.  

“So you didn’t want to coach your very own sister in the games?”

My mother died giving birth to Bloom. I was only six when it happened but it left me with no one. Bloom was taken in and raised by our neighbours who also had the last name Vada. She had been born with acute mental insufficiency and I was the only one who knew. I destroyed any history of her mental illness because I didn’t want people to know my mother died giving birth to one of ‘the afflicted’ as the capitol called them.

The neighbours classified her as one of their own, but what about me? I was left to fend for myself. I had no one and lived in the woods just outside District one. When I was reaped into the games people were astounded that I was able to easily make a tree house and live in the jungle. But little did they know I had a lot of practise.

Snow chuckled darkly at my non reply. He knew he had me. I knew he had me. We both knew it was just a moment in time before he unleashed the firing squad. That would explain why his body guards had guns. I looked at the door and shot up from my chair. I was going to run away.

“Oh my, my” he sneered, forcibly pushing me back down.

I was breathing heavily as he tapped his finger back and forth in mid-air.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk” he mocked.

I didn’t volunteer to coach Scarlett and Arrow because I thought they could win, because let’s face it, they were from district 10. And to be honest I didn’t believe in Scarlett until she saved her horse Trouble. Then she teamed up with Zane and I knew she had a chance.

I had known Zane ever since I was I little and had huge respect for him. He was in my tribute training classes and we had a lot in common. Despite this, I just couldn’t face coaching Bloom. After all, she took my mother away from me. I also knew what others didn’t. I knew she was likely to go crazy in the games due to her illness.

“And now she is the only career left to win” Snow added, pressing his lips together tightly.

It had long been assumed that President Snow preferred Careers to win the games, rather than lowly district tributes. He can’t publically root for Bloom anymore because she had gone crazy but there was still a good chance of her winning. There were five people left in the games and she was the only career left. This had rarely happened but if history was any indication then she had a good chance as she was the only one with years of hunting and training. If Bloom wasn’t a blood thirsty killer before than now she was. Her mental illness made sure of that.

“You know” I whispered. I didn’t think anyone would find out about my sister but now I wasn’t so sure. I had a lot of other secrets I didn’t want Snow to know about and I wondered if he knew them too.

He reached over to me and back handed me hard across the face. I instinctively grabbed onto my face and whelped in pain. I could feel it beginning to throb and swell.

“I know everything” he snapped, clearly annoyed. His face was red and flustered.

“I-I’m sorry” I whispered trying not to cry.

“No, you’re not” he replied, smacking my face again.

I screamed in pain but said nothing. I couldn’t look at him in the eyes.

“If Scarlet wins these games I will hold you personally responsible” he commanded, his voice high in authority. He cleared his throat and continued.

“The last time someone from a poor district won there was a revolt. It took me years to quieten the rebellion. I’ve heard word from district spies that a rebellion may be on the rise again and if this happens Avery, you will be responsible for this”

I sat back in my chair trying to process his words.  The room was silent for a minute while I held onto my face quietly sobbing.

“You’ve made quite the impact on the games, haven’t you Avery…” It wasn’t a question, it was a statement. He should have just hit me again because his words hurt twice as much.

I knew I had over stepped the line as district ten coach.

I was the one that told Scar about Bloom going crazy.

I was the one that told Scar about Bloom taking Zane.

I was the one that gave Scar yellow dye and told her what the Capitol was doing.

I was the one who told district one to forget about Bloom and to root for ten.

I was the one who gave Arrow a gun with one bullet. The capitol had blocked Zane’s killer from Panem because they thought it would be interesting to leave it as a mystery.

I liked Zane, he was my friend. When he was killed, I couldn’t help but think Bloom had taken another person from my life, just like she did with my mother. I honestly believed she was the killer so I anonymously sponsored Arrow and gave him a gun. I wanted him to kill my sister. But this didn’t exactly go to plan.

Before I knew it his body guards were standing behind me. They grabbed hold of my arms and lifted me up out of my chair.

“Oh Avery” Snow sneered at me. He looked at me with such dismay that I felt like I was a small insect.

I tried to wriggle furiously out of their arms but then I heard a gun click. Yep, a small helpless insect.

I went rigid. I knew was going to die now.

“What are you going to do?” I yelled, trying but failing to fight the guards.

“Scarlett is going to win these games and there’s nothing you can do about it!” I burst out. If I was going to die I was going to die on my terms, saying what I truly believed. Besides, it was true. I knew it and Snow knew it. It was impossible for him to interfere with the game maker’s role because two years ago he had made a law against it.

“Just kill me!” I screamed.

“You would like that wouldn’t you?” he taunted, his face only an inch away from mine. His breath smelled like strawberries and his cologne was over powering.

I spat at him. “Kill me” I ordered. I tensed my body, preparing to die.

He chuckled darkly.

“You are under arrest for treason against the great Capitol of Panem. You are hereby sentenced to live the rest of your life as a traitor, baring the mark of an evil conspirator.”

I went limp in the guard’s arms as they carried me away.

I was going to be an Avox.

 (A/N SHRIEK! Avery is going to be an Avox. For those of you who don't know, an Avox is a person who has been punished for rebelling, traitoring or defying against the captiol. Avoxes get their tongues cut out, rendering them mute. They are used as domestic servants and wait upon tributes and Capitol citizens. OMG RIGHT, what do you guys think?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 7.2K 60
๐š•๐š’๐š‹๐šŽ๐š›๐š˜๐šœ๐š’๐šœ -๐š—๐š˜๐šž๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ๐š’๐š›๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜ ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ ๐š•๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ "Caring too much for my allies had made the loss all the worse, caring...
775 21 14
โ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พใ€€แดฎแต’แต’แต ยน โฑโฟ แต€สฐแต‰ หขแต–แตƒสณแต หขแต‰สณโฑแต‰หข โ˜ฝเผ“๏ฝฅ*หšโบโ€งอ™ (๐Ÿ”ฅ) "๐–จ ๐—๐–บ๐—Œ 12. ๐–ญ๐—ˆ๐—, ๐–จ'๐—† 21, ๐– ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–จ ๐—Œ๐—๐—‚๐—…๐—… ๐—๐–บ๐—„๐–พ ๐—Ž๐—‰ ๐—Œ๐–ผ๐—‹๐–พ๐–บ๐—†๐—‚๐—‡๐—€, ๐–ฟ๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—† ๐—...
7K 87 19
Sabira Gables had to face the 62nd hunger games. Then the quarter quell. Then a revolution. Join her as she fights for her life and for the lives of...