You Were Always The One (Jaim...

By simplyadrianaxo

If you love something let it go, if it comes back it's yours forever, but if it doesn't then it wasn't meant... More

1. New Beginings
2. She Won't Chase Him Anymore
3. Trying To Push You Out
4. Try A New Life Without You
5. Wherever You Are
6. Ghosts
7. My Heart
8. I Swear It Will Get Easier
9. Red Lights Flashing
10. Good For You
11. War Zone
12. We're Good We're Solid We're Gold
13. Floral and Fading
14. Right Beside You
16. I Just Wanna Scream
17. Without You
18. I Can Hear You In The Wind
19. Everything Is Alright
20. Trigger My Nightmare
21. Because Of You
22. Million Dollar Houses
23. Colors & Promises
24. I knew I loved You
25. Feeling Sorry
26. I Might Be Perfect With You
27. I Could Sing You A Song
28. This Christmas
29. Give Me That Swing
30. One Step Closer
31. Do It Now Remember It Later
Sweet Serenity
32. We Can't Stop
33. Time Has Brought Your Heart To Me
34. Then There's Faith In Love
THANK YOU.
Epilogue
Kissing In Cars [Concert Video]

15. Waking Up

171 10 12
By simplyadrianaxo

Whaaaatttt two chapters within 24 hours?! I'm on a role you guys. I've been writing a new story for you guys and I'm super excited to share it, but it's still a baby and I need it to grow a bit before I publish it. Let me know if you want me to post the Prologue and I will! Okay now back to regular programming.

"Guys you have to let her wake up on her own." I faintly hear above me.

"No fuck that I need at least one person awake here, shake her a bit." I hear another voice who sounded like Mike say.

I felt a light tap on my arm but I couldn't seem to open my eyes, everything I tried to do to open my eyes wouldn't work and I was getting really annoyed at the moment.

"It's not working." I hear a female say.

"Fuck it, wake up Ari." I hear Mike say while he softly shakes my arms.

"Guys come on, they said she has to do it herself." This one was Vic, I'm sure of it.

"Well I'm giving her a little push." Mike replies giving my arm another shake.

I final feel pressure around my eyes release and begin to slowly pull them open, my eyes fluttering and readjust to the sudden bright lights that surrounded the room around me.

"Oh my God Rae." A female exclaims before throwing her arms around my chest, I soon recognized this to be Spencer.

I opened my mouth to speak only to fail in each attempt, "Water give her some water." Vic says motioning towards the water next to Tony.

Tony puts a straw in the cup then brings it over to my mouth so I can sip slowly from the straw, the coldness of the water burned my throat which made me quickly push it away and wince at the pain.

"Your throat is probably hurting huh?" Vic asks getting me to nod softly.

"You should go grab a nurse." Mike suggests to Alysha who quickly walks out of the room.

I take a moment to look at my surroundings and see nothing but white walls, a small television hung on the wall and a beeping monitor next to me which had wires plugged in and ran straight to my arm where needles were stuck into me like I was a machine myself.

I open my mouth and try my best to speak, it came out as an almost inaudible screech but soon enough became audible but just above a whisper, "What's going on, where am I?"

"You're in the hospital Rae." Tony answers.

"Wha-" I begin but am cut off by a woman in purple scrubs coming into my room and over to where my monitors were.

"It's good to see you awake Ms. Vespillo." She smiles while pressing a few buttons to end the constant beeping from the loud monitor.

"Where's Jaime?" I quickly ask to anyone in general.

Spencer looks to Vic who looks to her then back at me, "He's in another room sleeping."

"I need to see him." I say full of determination.

"Oh you can't do that right now sweetie, we have to get you better first before you can get out and see him." The nurse, who I learned was Beth, jumped in to say getting a glare from me in return.

"Okay honey, can you tell me what day it is?"

I look at her as if she were stupid for a second, I'd only just woke up and she expects me to know the answers to these questions when she should be telling me where my boyfriend is, "Um July twelfth." I answer.

"Okay, and what was the last thing you remember?" She asks jotting down a few things on her clipboard.

I look around to try and remember but am quickly defeated, I look over to Mike who was typing on his phone, the flash on his flashlight going off to notify him of a text, but instead it took me into a flashback.

"Jaime!"

I jump at the voice in my head and cover my eyes, "What's going on, Arianna are you okay?" Spencer rushes out rubbing my arm softly.

"Lights, that's all I remember before everything went black." I answer.

"Well Ms. Vespillo you were involved in a car accident, the impact of the hit caused you to hit your head on the passenger side window which resulted in a concussion. The paramedics quickly stopped the swelling but you've been asleep for two days, today is July fourteenth." I finally got all my answers, not the ones I was wanting but I got them nonetheless.

"Where's my daughter?" I ask feeling my heart pick up pace.

"She's with your parent's honey." Spencer answers me calming my nerves instantly.

"We're going to report everything over to your doctors and we'll start getting you up and moving again, as soon as the doctors see that you're progressing then they'll decide to release you, so if we want to see your boyfriend then I need you to hustle sweetheart and get better quickly.

Beth pats my arm gently then leaves the room so it's just me and the guys, "How's Jaime doing?" I ask.

"Uh he's surviving." Vic answers again with a sly smile.

"What is it that you're not telling me?"

"Huh? Nothing, he's fine Rae, what we need to focus on right now is getting you better so you can see him." He instructs.

--

I had been in this hospital room for what felt like years but was actually two days, my parents came soon after hearing I was awake bringing Lilah with them. Once I held her in my arms all the nerves I had worked up soon released and I relaxed for a short time before starting to worry about Jaime again.

I knew they were hiding something; why couldn't I go see him? Why couldn't I call him? They had said both our phone were ruined after the crash but I didn't care they could help me find a way to talk with him. All I wanted was to hear his voice tell me everything is going to be okay, this is just another bump in our road. But I couldn't because no one would let me.

The doctors said I could be released sometime today since I was walking fine yesterday during their "test" they gave me. They said for the impact of my hit that it was shocking how well I recovered and was able to walk on my own, they didn't know that I was just so determined to see Jaime I didn't care what I had to do and how hard it was, I was determined to see him.

I hear my door open and see Veronica emerge from the small hallway leading to my room, "Hey honey." She smiles carrying a black backpack which looked to be one of Jaime's tour bags.

"Hi." I smile in return.

"Good news, you get to go home today." She says full of joy.

I feel my straight face turn into a smile knowing I get to finally see Jaime, "Seriously? When, right now?" I rush out ready to hop off the bed.

"Whoa calm down Sparky, the nurses have to come in and have you sign the release papers."

I waited impatiently for a few more minutes until I heard the door open again this time my new nurse Joan walked in with a clipboard of papers.

"Hey sweetie, are you ready to go?" She asks with a wide smile.

"Yes, where do I sign?" I jump to ask.

She lets out a soft laugh then walks over to me with the clipboard, "Okay I just need you to sign this real quick, stating that we gave you proper treatments such as the test you took yesterday determining you physical abilities to walk and shower on your own."

She points to an 'X' at the bottom of the page, I take the black pen she handed me and sloppily squiggle my name on the line.

"Okay this one here is just your release paper, you're advised to see a doctor in a few weeks for a checkup, if any pain occurs beforehand then you should seek medical attention quickly. If you can just initial here saying I went over that with you."

I wrote my initials in the box and listened as she gave me medicine instructions, I dazed off through the rest but was alerted as soon as she said to sign the release line, I quickly sign my name and hand her the pen.

"Okay Ms. Vespillo, you're free to go." She smiles before leaving the room.

"Here there's a change of clothes in here for you." Veronica says handing me Jaime's backpack.

I took the bag from her hand and rushed into the bathroom, discarding the ugly hospital gown and replacing it with a pair of washed out jean shorts and my black Rebel8 shirt that I bought before I left San Diego.

I slipped my feet into a pair of black and white vans and tied them tightly before exiting the bathroom not caring how I looked makeup wise, I threw my hair up into a messy bun and called it a day.

"Okay let's go." I say speed walking to the door.

When I opened it however I was met with my friends standing in the hallway, "Rae!" Danielle shrieks pulling me into a tight embrace.

"Hey." I say with a smile.

She pulls away and I look at everyone with a questioning look until Vic notices and gets what I'm facially saying.

"Oh, let's go." He says motioning me to follow him.

I pick up my pace and follow closely behind him, down a few hallways and up the elevator to the floor right above mine, it was as if the walk was going as slow as humanly possible and if I knew where I was going I'd ditch these guys and take off running.

We walked down another hallway, rooms with names of the people staying inside, I looked on either side of me to catch a glimpse of Jaime's name and when I saw it I felt my heart leap forward.

"Wait Arianna." Vic says pulling my arm back.

"What?" I question with a furrow to my eyebrows.

"I've gotta tell you something before you go in there and throw yourself into a state of shock."

I look at him for answers, not really knowing what he's trying to say, but by the tone in his voice it didn't sound good, "Jaime, the impact of the accident caused trauma to his brain, he had a concussion form hitting his head and there was a lot of blood..."

"Get to the point Vic." I say wanting him to just get on with it.

"He's in a coma Rae, I'm so sorry I should've-"

I didn't even let him finish, I quickly turned on my heel and pushed open his room door running straight into his room no one in the room but him, I rushed over to him and pulled his hand to take it into mine. The once warm hand now cold, his face was pale, a few scratches on his cheeks and lip, a bruise prominent on his forehead from what I'm assuming was the hit he took during the crash.

I ran my fingers through his lifeless hair, now dull in color and greasy from the lack of showers, I leaned over the bed rail and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead before leaning mine onto it, closing my eyes trying to take in what was happening in my life.

I gently maneuver my way into his bed and wrapped his limp arm around my neck then buried my head into his chest.

"Baby, I need you to wake up." I whisper, tears beginning to fall down my cheeks and onto his blue hospital gown.

"Please wake up for me, if not for me then for Lilah, do it for us please Jaime I beg you." I begin to plea, the tears never coming to a stop, they just grew with time.

I heard the door behind me open but I didn't move an inch, I stayed right where I was and refused to move even if someone made me, I wasn't going anywhere.

"Rae?" I heard someone whisper.

"Oh baby."

I felt someone brush the hair away from my eyes, "It's going to be okay."

The voice belonged to Spencer I knew that much, but I didn't look at her, I kept my eyes closed and hoping more than anything that when I finally decided to open them everything would be back to normal.

--

"Rae sweetie, wake up." I hear from somewhere around me.

"Arianna you've gotta get up."

"Leave me alone, wake me up when this nightmare ends." I say squeezing my eyes tight.

"Come on Ari you've been asleep long enough, it's time to eat, we brought you some food." I hear Mike say.

"I'm not hungry." I mumble into Jaime's chest where my head still laid.

"I refuse to believe that, because you eat like a gorilla seeing bananas on a tree for the first time."

I quickly pop my head up and throw him the finger with a harsh glare, "Ass." I spit out.

"But I got you to get up." He laughs pulling a chicken sandwich from a Chick-Fil-A bag.

"Did you get my sauce?" I ask grabbing my sandwich from Spencer's hand.

Next thing I knew a package of Polynesian sauce was thrown at my face, it didn't hit me hard at all but I still threw one of my pickles at Mike getting it to stick onto his cheek making all of us in the room burst into a fit of laughs.

"Good to see you smiling again Rae." Vic comments with a smile.

"I'm only laughing at Mike's face." I smirk.

"Yeah shut up, I liked it better when you were quiet, go back to sleep." He jokes.

After eating and engaging in a bit of small talk, Jaime's parents came in and joined the group. His mom gave me a tight hug and asked how I was feeling then began kissing over Jaime's face before taking a seat on the other side of him.

I had already stepped out of his bed and sat in a leather seat the nurses brought me seeing as I don't think I'll be going anywhere anytime soon. As long as Jaime's here I'll be here.

My parents have been looking after Lilah which I've been thankful for, the amount of stress and distraught I've been in isn't good for her. She's a smart baby and picks things up easily, the second day she saw me she wouldn't stop crying, they told me it was from the stress I was developing from worrying too much about Jaime.

I walked everyone out of the room and said my goodbyes to them before shutting the door then going back to where Jaime laid asleep, just like he has been for the past few days since we've been here.

I carefully crawled into his bed and wrapped my lanky arm around his torso looking up towards his closed eyes,

"Goodnight baby, I love you so much."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645 55 23
Pierce The Veil fanfic
2.4K 101 22
"If a certain person has always been by your side, it doesn't mean that they are the one who are going to stay by your side. It may be possible that...
21.2K 744 39
"I may have failed, but I have loved you from the start." A Jaime Preciado Fanfiction, All Rights Reserved.
43.1K 864 11
Nothing has ever been easy for Alex, but when she meets Jaime, everything seems to fall into place. She's never been happier until her past starts to...