The Final Wish (English Versi...

By RedFlowerLove

[COMPLETED] Emma is a pianist who suddenly fell ill. Her sickness grows worse by the day. Her final wish is t... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue

Chapter 20

39 3 2
By RedFlowerLove

After the havoc at school, Professor Diwa visited Chloe again at her prison. He misses the times when Chloe used to advice him about his problems

"You have a visitor again," the policeman said to Chloe as she sits in the corner of her solitary confinement cell.

"What is it now," Chloe exclaimed. "Did the professor from Ferrydell University return again? Tell him to get lost!"

"You have no rights to deny any visitors," the policeman said. "Talk to him. Do you want to increase the severity of your punishment?"

"Fine," Chloe said as she stepped out of her cell. She went to the visiting area to see the young professor waiting for her. They sat together to talk.

"How are you," Professor Diwa asked.

"When will you stop with your stupid greetings," Chloe exclaimed. "You're so corny. I know someone that loves that, and you fit well with each other. Oh right, you are together!"

"Correction," Professor Diwa said. "Her father separated us."

"Are you sure," Chloe crossed "Are you even sure that he's even her father?"

"What do you mean," Professor Diwa asked.

"Oh, you really don't know," Chloe crossed again. "Well it's best that you don't know. You are both clueless to the reality. Oh wait, she already knows. It's best that the reality is kept hidden because the awkwardness will emerge."

"I don't even know you anymore Chloe," Professor Diwa exclaimed. "You were not like this before. Why did you change? I miss the times that you were there when I need you, and I was there when you need me. We have each other's backs through think and thin."

"That's all in the past," Chloe said. "Everything has changed."

"Well can you just give me a piece of advice, one last time," Professor Diwa said". Please, I implore you."

"Alright, one final advice, just for the sake of our former friendship," Chloe agreed. "So what advice do you want on what topic?"

"What do I do about my students," Professor Diwa asked. "They know everything. It's bad enough that she just suddenly disappeared without public notice. I don't get it. What happened to her?"

"You can't do anything about them knowing about this," Chloe said gravely. "Just let it go. Time will fix this. As for her disappearance, I can't say anything. It's best that some things are kept a secret than to have them revealed. It's best that a knife is let go than to use it to create a wound that will become a scar and remain a mark of pain for eternity."

"What do you mean about that statement," Professor Diwa asked.

"To put it simply, the less you know, the better," Chloe said. "For everyone's sakes. Like the true identity of your real family." Sabi ni Chloe.

The true identity of your real family... These words echoed in the young professor's mind. He was adopted at the age of three by his adoptive parents. He was raised to be a great man and whoever he is now, he is that way because his parents raised him to become like that. Even though he grew up thinking that his adoptive parents are his real parents, a part of him wonders who are biological parents are.

"What do you know," Professor Diwa asked.

"I've had enough," Chloe said. "It's bad enough that I know all of this information at once. All of this came from my adoptive family. Oh well. This is one of the advantages of being adopted by that family."

"Tell me what you know," Professor Diwa exclaimed. "For all our sakes, tell me what you know!"

"The less you know, the better," Chloe said simply as she stood up and went back to her cell.

Professor Diwa was left confused. He cannot press the information from Chloe. He decided immediately to pay his parents a visit. He went out of the city of Santa Lucia and went on his way home to his parents' house.

"Dave, welcome home," his mother Catherine said as she opened the door for the son he had not seen in years after deciding to live in the city to teach. "How's your teaching job at Ferrydell University?"

Professor Diwa then displayed a Filipino gesture called pagmamano, as he is raised to be a respectful and traditional Filipino man. Mano or Pagmamano is a gesture used in Filipino culture performed as a sign of respect to elders and as a way of accepting a blessing from the elder. Similar to, the person giving the greeting bows towards the offered hand of the elder and presses his or her forehead on the elder's hand. Usually performed with the right hand, the person showing respect may ask "Mano po" to the elder in order to ask permission to initiate the gesture. Typically someone may mano to his or her older relatives upon entry into their home or upon seeing them.

"Thank you mother," Professor Diwa said. "Is father here?"

"My son, he is upstairs," Catherine said. "He's reading his book. It's already night, and it's time for him to read. You may see him upstairs."

Professor Diwa went upstairs to his father's study. The house is a Spanish Colonial home. It is well-preserved and many generations of the Diwa family used it. When he went to his father's study, he saw him sitting on a rocking chair as he read Rizal's famous novel called "El Filibusterismo." His father saw him at the door, and immediately, he came to him and hugged him after not seeing him for a long time.

"You went home," his father said in surprise to see his son. "How's life at Santa Lucia?"

"It's alright," Professor Diwa said.

"Are you staying for the night," his father said as he put away his book. "I could tell your mother to prepare your room for you."

"No," Professor Diwa said. "I just wanted to see you, and maybe ask some information from you."

"Ah, the youth these days," his father said with grouchiness. "You only pay your parents a visit when you need something from them."

"Father, please don't be mad," Professor Diwa said. "Please."

"Ah, my son," his father said as he stroke his hair and looked at him, a grown man. "Can I remain mad at you? What do you need?"

"I wanted to ask about how you found me," Professor Diwa said. "I get the point that you adopted me, but how did you found me?"

"Prepare yourself," his father said gravely. "I shall be telling a really long story. You were three years old that time. Your mother was barren, that's why we could not conceive a child. We went to an orphanage to adopt a boy, and then we saw you. You were a kind kid. You were a bit dirty that time. We asked the nun that found you about your parents' identity, but she, herself, said that she doesn't know as well. She just found you in the streets and took you to the orphanage."

"So you really don't know their identity," Professor Diwa said solemnly.

"I do not know," his father said gravely. "I'm sorry. The only thing that tells where you came from are the clothes you had on that day the nun found you. At the lining of the clothes, the initial J and D are written on it that's why we named you Jonathan Dave."

"Where are the clothes," Professor Diwa asked. His father searched for the box and he gave the box to his son. When his son looked at the lining, he saw that the letters written were V and D.

"Father," Professor Diwa said. "It was letter V, not J."

"Well, I'm sorry," his father said. "The writing was illegible."

"Well, thank you anyway," Professor Diwa said. "I finally have a clue where I came from. I was also going to ask you another question. Why did you not want to have a relationship with the woman I love?"

"Do you still don't know the answer," his father asked. "There's an easy answer for that. She's your student. You're going to lose your job because of that. Good luck, though."

"Father," Professor Diwa said. "I know there's another reason. What is happening. Why do you not like her to be my lover? I saw the way you looked at her. You like her personality. You never showed her any form of hostility, even when I'm not around her. You could have done so to drive her away from me, but you didn't. You like her as a person, but not as my lover. Why is that, father?"

"She's... She's... She's... my daughter," his father said hesitantly. "I, Arthur Diwa, am the father of that girl."

"Huh," Professor Diwa said in shock. "What? How? Why?"

"This is what happened," Arthur began. "Raphael Concepcion was my best friend. He introduced me to, his then fiance, Lerine. There was a huge party before they are wedded. Lerine and I were drunk, and there we conceived a child. Raphael was furious with what I've done. He wanted to get back at me. As part of his revenge, he raised the girl to be her own daughter. They got married before she was born. Your mother doesn't know about this. She did not know that I conceived a child with another woman. Everything was an accident."

"So that is the real reason why you do not want me to be with her," Professor Diwa said. "So technically, she's my sister, although not by blood. This is weird."

"Don't worry," Arthur said. "It will be easy. Our life is like a soap opera. You will find your real parents. I know it."

Professor Diwa went on his way back to Santa Lucia. He took the clothes and used his motorcycle to go home. While on his way home, a car crashed unto him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 106 10
Emma was lost but he found her. He picked her back up and did what many other people couldn't do. He made her happy. Who is this "he" I speak of? Rea...
11K 645 14
Emma and Jenna met each other at the hospital. Jenna wrote notes to Emma and put them on the glass barrier of Emma's hospital room to encourage her. ...
69 3 13
After her parents died in a car accident, Emma tries to continue moving on with her life. Things change when she meets Chris, a new student. Chris ha...
419 66 28
Emma Bailey has the worst luck. Reeling after her father's death, dealing with her mother's crazy mood swings, and constantly stepping on eggshells...