Chapter 20

After the havoc at school, Professor Diwa visited Chloe again at her prison. He misses the times when Chloe used to advice him about his problems

"You have a visitor again," the policeman said to Chloe as she sits in the corner of her solitary confinement cell.

"What is it now," Chloe exclaimed. "Did the professor from Ferrydell University return again? Tell him to get lost!"

"You have no rights to deny any visitors," the policeman said. "Talk to him. Do you want to increase the severity of your punishment?"

"Fine," Chloe said as she stepped out of her cell. She went to the visiting area to see the young professor waiting for her. They sat together to talk.

"How are you," Professor Diwa asked.

"When will you stop with your stupid greetings," Chloe exclaimed. "You're so corny. I know someone that loves that, and you fit well with each other. Oh right, you are together!"

"Correction," Professor Diwa said. "Her father separated us."

"Are you sure," Chloe crossed "Are you even sure that he's even her father?"

"What do you mean," Professor Diwa asked.

"Oh, you really don't know," Chloe crossed again. "Well it's best that you don't know. You are both clueless to the reality. Oh wait, she already knows. It's best that the reality is kept hidden because the awkwardness will emerge."

"I don't even know you anymore Chloe," Professor Diwa exclaimed. "You were not like this before. Why did you change? I miss the times that you were there when I need you, and I was there when you need me. We have each other's backs through think and thin."

"That's all in the past," Chloe said. "Everything has changed."

"Well can you just give me a piece of advice, one last time," Professor Diwa said". Please, I implore you."

"Alright, one final advice, just for the sake of our former friendship," Chloe agreed. "So what advice do you want on what topic?"

"What do I do about my students," Professor Diwa asked. "They know everything. It's bad enough that she just suddenly disappeared without public notice. I don't get it. What happened to her?"

"You can't do anything about them knowing about this," Chloe said gravely. "Just let it go. Time will fix this. As for her disappearance, I can't say anything. It's best that some things are kept a secret than to have them revealed. It's best that a knife is let go than to use it to create a wound that will become a scar and remain a mark of pain for eternity."

"What do you mean about that statement," Professor Diwa asked.

"To put it simply, the less you know, the better," Chloe said. "For everyone's sakes. Like the true identity of your real family." Sabi ni Chloe.

The true identity of your real family... These words echoed in the young professor's mind. He was adopted at the age of three by his adoptive parents. He was raised to be a great man and whoever he is now, he is that way because his parents raised him to become like that. Even though he grew up thinking that his adoptive parents are his real parents, a part of him wonders who are biological parents are.

"What do you know," Professor Diwa asked.

"I've had enough," Chloe said. "It's bad enough that I know all of this information at once. All of this came from my adoptive family. Oh well. This is one of the advantages of being adopted by that family."

"Tell me what you know," Professor Diwa exclaimed. "For all our sakes, tell me what you know!"

"The less you know, the better," Chloe said simply as she stood up and went back to her cell.