Chapter 12

Eloisa, Rose and Mateo went to the Concepcion household. It was such a long way to go to the household.

"Ah...," Mateo said as he admires the mansion. "The Concepcion household. I forgot that it was this big and beautiful."

"Of course," Rose teased. "You never come here anymore."

Then suddenly, a maid named Ms. Catty went out the mansion.

"Hurry," Eloisa exclaimed as she saw Ms. Catty coming out of the house. "The maid must not see us!"

The gang hid behind a tall tree outside the mansion. As the maid walks away from the mansion, she forgot to close the gates.

"Good," Rose said. "She left the gates open. Now we can come inside. And this is the most complicated part – going to Emma's room undetected."

"How do we get to Emma's room," Eloisa asked.

"Hmmmm...." Rose said as she thinks of a plan out loud. "We can go to the door at the back of the house and we can go from there to Emma's room."

"One problem," Eloisa said. "What if the back door is locked?"

"Good point," Rose agreed. "Or we could just do it the other way around. We won't trespass the home. We'll just knock on the door, pretend to visit the house and one by one we'll go up to the room and search for some clues, but this plan is a bit hard because the workers might suspect us."

"So, what's our plan," Mateo asked. "Trespassing, or the other one that needs diversion to work?"

"I hate to say this, but let's do the trespassing one," Eloisa said hesitantly. "That's the only plan that's likely to succeed."

"I agree," Mateo said.

"Alright," Rose said with determination."Let's go inside before the maid returns."

They went inside through the gates and sneaked pass the gardeners to go to the back door. Rose turned the handle, but unfortunately, the door is locked.

"Curses," Rose exclaimed in disappointment. "It's locked! How are we going to go to the bedroom?"

"I don't know," Eloisa crossed. "You plan, we follow, and that's how it went, right?"

"Are you guys serious," Rose exclaimed.

"Yes," Mateo said plainly. "You're the one that said to come here and find some clues at Emma's room."

"So it seems," Rose said realizing everything that what Eloisa and Mateo said is right. "Now what do we do?"

And when things couldn't possibly get worse, it did. Chloe is at home as they do the 'trespassing.' When Chloe opened the back door, she saw the gang and caught them.

"Ummm," Chloe said awkwardly. "Eloisa, Rose, Mateo, what are you doing here?"

"Who are you," Eloisa asked. "How do you know our names?"

"Hmmmm..." Chloe thought. "Is this still an effect of the drug?"

"I am Emma's sister, remember," Chloe said as she tries to act normal around Mateo. She doesn't want Mateo to get suspicious of her. "You already forgot?"

"They forgot because they were drugged at a bar," Mateo explained.

Then as Mateo spoke those words, Chloe remembered what happened at the bar last night.

~~~~~

"Girls," I said. "Would you like another round?"

"I don't know," Eloisa said as she held her head in dizziness. "I feel dizzy already."