You Can Run Away With Me [My...

By Midnighteyes

Juliana has waited for this day for a long time. To meet her idols. Gerard, Mikey, Bob, Ray and Frank. Only i... More

You Can Run Away With Me [My Chemical Romance]
Chapter 1: The Show
Chapter 2: Twice The Unexpected
Chapter 4: Morning And Sun-rays
Chapter 5: Fish, Chips And London Buses
Chapter 6: Where Is 'It'?

Chapter 3: Considering The Situation

642 36 16
By Midnighteyes

The harsh greys and monochromes of my surroundings slowly drifted into focus and I blinked, hardly believing my eyes. I looked around my dreary surroundings and went to rub my eyes to clear my vision a notch further, when a sharp pain caused me to stop and yelp slightly in pain.

My gazed scanned over my back and I saw that my wrists were in fact bound, which would be the cause of the excruciating pain that had just rippled through me.

“You’re awake.” A timid voice spoke to the left me, and I spun slightly to see a tired looking Gerard Way, staring back at me with glossy hazel orbs. His usually messy hair was looking worse for wear and the prominent darkened bags under his eyes caused him to age by about 4 years.

“Gerard?” I asked, I was shocked that my mouth wasn’t taped up, seeing that my hands were but my voice was still raspy as it had been unused for a while. I was a little confused to put it simply. If this was another one of my stupidly realistic dreams I was going to be mad when I woke up. “What’s going on?” I spoke softly.

“I have no idea.” Gerard whispered softly. “You’ve been out for like half an hour. This dude grabbed us and put us in this van. He told me…” Gerard gulped and this, a look of terror masking his perfect features, “He told me that when you woke up, I had to tell you to be quiet or, or he’d hurt you.” Gerard’s shoulders shook a little.

“I remember sitting on the bench by the Arena, and someone grabbing me.” I assured him that he wasn’t going mad. “Then I don’t remember much apart from someone grabbing me. Did the guy say anything about why he took us?” I asked, furiously fighting to hold back tears.

“No.” Gerard stated, putting his head in his lap. “The only other thing he mentioned, was the fact that I ‘better do what he says’ or I’ll ‘be for it’. I don’t know what’s going on at all. I just want to go home.” He sniffed slightly.

There was complete silence for a few awkward minutes and I took this chance to survey the surroundings. It looked awfully like the inside of a workman’s van and judging by the ‘humming’ and ‘growling’ noise every so often, the said van was on the move.

The metal box that we were enclosed in was no more than a 3x2m rectangle; the ‘front’ of the small prison was covered with dark metal. On the other side of said material, our captor sat in the cab of the van, driving us to anywhere. We sat in more silence for a while longer.

“What’s your name?” Gerard suddenly murmured through his shaking legs. “I never got it at the Arena.” He continued, looking down awkwardly.

I sighed, “It’s Juliana, but please don’t call me that.” I begged him as quietly as I could. “Call me Anna, it’s much simpler.” I smiled hopefully, despite our, and excuse my French, shitty situation.

“You have a beautiful name.” Gerard muttered softly, pulling his knees up to his chest, like a small child would. “This is going to sound really ‘un-manly’ of me, Anna, but I’m absolutely fucking terrified.” Gerard eyes flashed to mine and I saw the genuine horror and disbelief swimming in the hypnotic hazel. 

“Me too,” I admitted and I saw Gerard relax slightly, “And that’s not ‘un-manly’ of you. You have every right to be scared. I mean look around us.” I exclaimed, gesturing to the poorly lit van’s interior. “The thing is, people will actually be missing you.” I explained nervously.

Gerard shrugged it off, as if he was trying not to look at it in that respect. “And not you?” He questioned seriously. His hands would have been folded on his chest by now, if they weren’t bound tightly behind his back. “I bet someone will miss you.”

“That would have been the case if there was someone at home. My Mum’s in Paris and she’s not back until next week. No one else would think I would be missing.” I explained carefully, putting my head into my knees as softly as the constant bumps from the speed that we were travelling would let me.

“I’m sorry.” He said sympathetically, his eyes were still wide with fear.

“Besides it’s kinda’ my fault that you’re in this mess in the first place. If I hadn’t been such a whiney cry-baby bitch then you’d be on your bus, with your band mates.” I suggested. “It really is my fault that Gerard Way had been kidnapped. You’re fan’s are going to be livid!” I tried to the lighten the mood with soggy humour. It wasn’t working, Gerard’s hardened facial expression had only softened slightly and he was now gently rocking back and forth, as if he was a mental patient in a high security prison and not a Rock star who’d been kidnapped in a grotty van.

“Don’t say things like that.” Gerard scolded me slightly. “You had every right to be upset, I know I would have been. Besides it would have been ‘douchey’ of me not to see if you were alright.” He argued. The van fell in stifled silence again. The only noise being the continuous soft hum of the van’s engine, reminding me that with every second passing, I was getting further and further away from home.

“Can I call you Liana?” Gerard suddenly asked, about 20 minutes later, his eyes piercing but still hinted the worry that he felt.

“If you want, I guess?” I said uncertainly. “You’re the only one who’s ever called me that.” I added honestly. “But I like it. Any particular reason why you’re asking me now?”

“I was just thinking about it.” He retorted, his accent still thick with his Jersey ‘twang’. “It can be like my special nick-name for you.” He giggled a little, shocking me.

“Are you okay Gerard?” I asked concerned about his mental stability, which seemed to have declined rapidly since the journey had begun.

“I guess.” He murmured back. “I’m sorry. When I’m nervous I do silly things.” He shrugged and brought his knees up to his chin, as if he was going to hug them tightly, if his hands weren’t tied.

“It’s fine, I understand Gerard.” I stated.

“Seeing that I have a nick-name for you, you can call me Gee.” Gerard half told me half asked me. “I mean I-if you want?” He added nervously. “Only my close friends call me Gee.” He admitted sheepishly, running his hands through his raven hair.

“Sure, Gee it is then.” I half-smiled as best as I could, considering the ‘oh-so-wonderful’ situation that we were in.

We sat for a few more minutes; the silence was blissful and sweet. It made me think though, there was no sound. It was completely silent and peaceful. “Uhhr, Gee?” I asked in a frantic whisper.

“Yes?” He asked back, in a just as anxious tone.

“We’ve stopped.” I stated simply, my eyes squinting and my face wrinkled, as I strained to hear outside the van for any clues.

“Oh.” Gerard gulped, and shuffled around a little. “Shit.” He muttered.

“It’ll be okay?” I said. Not sure weather I was saying it or asking him, either way Gerard didn’t reply, he just gave me a look of daunt, which told me that speaking wasn’t the best idea. I took his silent advice gratefully and took this opportunity to study the uninteresting matt flooring of the van.

Then the sliding metal opening, near where Gerard had been sitting, was slammed open, allowing a little extra light into the van. It was still the middle of the night but the slivery waves of light, which flowed into the dark van like a river, must’ve been from the pale moon.

“You two.” A rough voice grunted, making my heart rate increase at an alarming rate so that it was a drum pounding in a techno song, not an average human organ. “Come ‘ere.” He spoke gruffly, his obvious Cockney tone seeping through, even in such a simple sentence. He gestured clumsily to the entrance, where he stood, showing the faint outline of his lean body and massive persona to the world. A smaller man stood beside him, although he was almost impossible to make out.

Me and Gerard shuffled as smoothly as we could with out the aid of two of our most valuable digits, to the door, where the dominating man stood, a glint in his dark eyes was visible, the rest of him was obscured by the sliding door.

 Gerard whimpered slightly, at the sight of the two men, both let out little snickers.

“I’m guessin’ that you’re the famous Gerard Way.” The larger man mocked, reaching a toned arm into the darkness of the make-shift prison to pat Gerard on the head, as he was a small child or a dog and not a highly respected artist in the world of alternative music. “Not so confident now eh?” He questioned a terror-stricken Gerard. “Stupid fucking fag.” He said, pulling Gerard’s hair slightly, causing his eyes to prick.

The other man laughed a little but didn’t speak. It seemed like the bigger man ran the show, no pun intended. “And as for you,” He continued, pointing a swollen looking finger in my direction, which I immediately cowered from.

“Me?” I asked timidly.

“Leave her alone.” Gerard said, trying to be as calm as possible. “If you want money then you can as much as you fucking want. But let her go, she has nothing to do with this!” He protested.

“I’ll do what ever I want with her.” The man spat, brushing his finger on my cold cheek as tenderly as he could manage. “We’re going to keep her too, she’s pretty and I’m sure she can cook well too.” He smiled cruelly. “As long as she pleases me.” He chuckled and winked a little, only his face was visible still, making him even more mysterious and sinister.

“You’re going to be spending the night in here.” The small man stated, speaking up with a slightly high-pitched voice. “Don’t even try escaping. It’ll be locked and you never know what we might do to you.” He beamed a tooth grin, his eyes flashing, his eyes darting between me and Gerard frantically.

“I can’t wait to get to know you better.” The larger man spoke again, turning to me. Then he turned quickly to Gerard. “Keep her quiet, or I won’t be as friendly tomorrow.”

Gerard gave a swift nod, and with that the van was plunged back into darkness, a harsh slam marking the closing of the metal opening.

As soon as I heard their footsteps dye away, I burst into quiet tears, the salty liquid running down my cheek like a waterfall.

“Don’t cry.” Gerard soothed, scooting over to me. “It’s not so bad. At least they left blankets?” He offered, pointing to the blanket that had appeared in the corner. He used his foot to flip the fold over. “And look.” He stated triumphantly, bringing his free hands out from behind his back. I could see the deep gashes and developing purple stains where the binds had cut him.” He smiled a little.

“How?” I whimpered.

“I’ve been working on it since I woke up.” Gerard admitted. “I found a sharp piece of metal by the opening where I’ve been sitting a I've been cutting through the material. Here.” He leaned over and untied my aching wrists which I gladly thanked him for.

He reached down and pulled the moth eaten blanket over us, it was scratchy. But at least it gave some insulation in the freezing British temperatures.

“Sorry, there’s only one.” He said timidly. “Is it okay if we share?”

“Of course.” I sniffed, offering a part of the blanket to him, which he moved closer to take. I looked down, my eyes still had fresh tears flowing from them. Then my voice kicked in again and the sobbing restarted.

“Please don’t cry.” He tried to calm me.

“I can’t help it. I’m sorry” I muttered. “I’m not going to be able to sleep.” I admitted half-heartedly. “I normally have my IPod to help me. But I guess not anymore,” I shrugged a little.

“I’ll sing to you if you want?” Gerard asked quietly. “It’s the next best thing?” He requested and continued when I nodded. “What song?” He asked softly, staring at me.

“If you’re sure?” I questioned. It was his turn to nod. “Could you sing Disenchanted?” I asked, my tears still streaming at an alarming rate.

“But of course.” He added sadly, wiping a small glistening from his own eye. “Good night Liana.” He whispered and then slowly started singing, very quietly.

Well I was there on the day

They sold the cause for the queen,

And when the lights all went out

We watched our lives on the screen.

I felt myself relax to his beautiful, therapeutic voice, the one I had missed out on hearing only a half a day ago. I could feel his slow, rhythmic breathing, rising and falling as he sang softy.

I hate the ending myself,

But it started with an alright scene.

I started to feel my eyes droop and my thoughts dwindled into nothingness.

It was the roar of the crowd

That gave me heartache to sing.

It was a lie when they smiled

And said, "you won't feel a thing"

And as we ran from the cops

We laughed so hard it would sting

The blackness came once again, and this time I greeted it kindly and with open arms. The sleep took hold of me, leaving me with the hope that: Maybe tomorrow will be better?

___________________

Thank you all for reading. This took me a long time to write, mainly because I had a good idea what I wanted to happen but no idea how I was going to do it. 

I will be writing another chapter soon. Just give me a little time for the other stories :D

Thank you for all the reads, comments, votes, new fans. It all means so much and keeps me writing. 

I can't wait to to see you all again very soon. *cue sadistic smile* ;D

-Y

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 8.9K 18
Poppy Bryar is a 16 year old girl with a best friend, Frank. Their platonic relationship confuses everyone but each other, but things start to change...
246K 7.2K 29
Gerard has had feelings for Frank for a while. But how will Frank handle it after Gerard kisses him on stage?
60.6K 1.2K 54
Gerard x Reader
373 36 12
Gerard's first steps to coming clean. Follow the phone calls to his manager and his interactions with his band mates.