The Prince Stole My Heart and...

By Yoursecretlover

Meet Liam. He's the Prince of Zufairia, girl-charmer, and party-goer. Then meet Raine. She misses her twin de... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue (Chapter 29)

Chapter 7

6.1K 196 10
By Yoursecretlover

Ok, so this is a lengthy chapter. Well, at least on paper it is. Well, I hope you all enjoy!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                             ***Raine's POV***

            Our plan was to spend a half an hour at each place that I had planned out for us. All together it should take us 5 hours or so to go through it all. Many of the sights are close togethe, but I knew he wanted to see the so I told him we couldn't tour the site for no more than 30 minutes. He liked that idea very much. Our first stop was Times Square.

"We're here," I told him once I found a spot close enough to where I wanted to be.

"This is Times Square," he asked quite skeptical.

"Yes," I told him.

"All it is, is a bunch of cars just passing by," he said still skeptical.

"No, it is not. Times Square was where The New York Times was first established. Another name for Times Square is the crossroads to the world. Many places on our list are in the surrounding area of Times Square. So, as you can see, Times Square isn't just a cement square that tons of cars pass every single day," I explained to him. Once I did, the skeptical expression on his face was no more.

"Ok, I guess I was wrong about it," he admitted.

"That you were," I agreed.

          Once the rest of our 30 minutes was up, we headed towards our next stop, which was Central Park.

"I heard of this place. This girl back in Zufairia told me about how she went to the Belvedere Castle with her family a couple of summers ago," he said. I don't know why, but for some reason when he mentioned another girl, I felt the slightest pang in my heart. It was short lived and befor Liam could noticed, I covered it up.

"Yes, the castle is very beautiful. I like taking a taxi and coming to Central Park. I usually walk all around, but I really like stopping at the castle. One time I saw a guy propose to his girlfriend around there before. It was really sweet," I said.

"Your parents don't care that you come here by yourself," he inquired. I really wish he didn't just mention that.

"Well, no. They're usually at the office working late, as usual," I awkwardly told him. I hope he understands that I do not want to talk about it.

"Oh, I see. So, what else is in here? It looks massive," he observed.

"Yes, it is very massive. I believe it is over 800 acres,." I mentioned.

"Wow, that is enormous!"

          I didn't reply back, but instead I just laughed as we went deeper and deeper into Central Park. This will probably be one of the times here that I have ever had. Especially since I have someone else other than myself to eat lunch with and talk to. Those 30 minutes went quick and before I knew it, we were on our way to our next destination.

"Carnegie Hall," Liam pronounced reading the sign off of the large building in front of us.

"I played here before," I randomly told him.

"You have," he asked intrigued.

"Yea, when I was 12. I played Beethoven on then I sang "Part of Your World" for an auidance of about 700 people."

"That's amazing!" he excliamed.

"Yea, it was," I remarked trailing off remembering those days with the soft sound of a piano in the house.

"Do still play and sing," he asked.

"I sing occasionally, but a certain accident happened that made me not be able to play again," was all I explained on the matter of the situation to him.

"Can I hear you sing," he inquired.

"Sure, why not. Once we get done here and start heading to the next place, you can hear me," I told him not wanting to refuse to sing for once.

"Ok."

          Throughout the tour, I could tell he was infatuated with it when I was telling the history of Carnegie Hall. Once we exited the building, I was nervous to sing in front of him, but I promise that I would so I had to.

"Ok, song time," Liam spoke once we got into the car.

"All right, hold on," I chuckled at his urgentness while I dug out my Ipod out of my pocket, plugged it into the stereo system, and played the song I have been obsessed with for the past couple of days.

                                                 ***Music Starts to Play***

My heart's a stereo

It beats for you, so listen close

Hear my thoughts in every note

Make me your radio

Turn me up when you feel low

This melody was meant for you

Just sing along to my stereo

***Skip rapping***

My heart's a stereo

It beats for you, so listen close

Hear my thoughts in every note

Make me your radio

Turn me up when you feel low

This melody was meant for you

Just sing along to my stereo

Oh oh oh oh to my stereo

Oh oh oh oh so sing along to my stereo

***Skip rapping***

My heart's a stereo

It beats for you, so listen close

Hear my thoughts in every note

Make me your radio

Turn me up when you feel low

This melody was meant for you

Just sing along to my stereo

Oh oh oh oh to my stereo

Oh oh oh oh so sing along to my stereo

I only pray you never leave me behind

because good music can be so hard to find

I take your hand and hold it closer to mine

Thought love was dead, but now you're changing my mind

My heart's a stereo

It beats for you, so listen close

Hear my thoughts in every note

Make me your radio

Turn me up when you feel low

This melody was meant for you

Just sing along to my stero

Oh oh oh oh to my stereo

Oh oh oh oh so sing along to my stereo

          On the last note someone started to clap. I looked to my side and saw that Liam was where the clapping originated from.

"That was absolutely amazing!" he exclaimed.

"Thank you," I told him as I blushed and looked down at my feet.

          The rest of the day passed in a blur. We saw the many seats at Madison Square Garden, the only actual 4 theatre's on Broadway, all of the pretty jewelry I yearned for wile Liam looked bored-out-of-his-mind at Tiffany's, the tearful 9/11 Memorial at Ground Zero, all the street vendors who sold amazing hot dogs and pricey souvenoirs, and some of the 19 buildings that consit of the Rockefeller Center, but I I remember the very last one very clearly.

"Is there a particular reason why we are a school for the preforming arts," Liam asked dumbfounded.

"We're here because Juilliard is said to be one of the most prestegious schools of preforming arts in the entire world. It is also the school that I want to go to," I told him sadly.

"Then why don't you attend it," he questioned.

"I have to go to a buisness school so that I can take over the family buisness," I explained.

"So instead of so going after your dream you do what is expected of you?"

"Pretty much," I replied.

"So what are we doing now," he asked as I entered my pin number to get into the school.

"We're going to see my room," I told him like it was the answer to the simpliest question in the entire world.

"Your room," Liam inquired.

"You'll see," I said as I led him towards my room.

          Before we reached my room, we were greeted by my favorite professor that teaches at Juilliard.

"Well, Raine, it's nice to see you here again," Professor Remington greeted me.

"Thank you, Professor Remington," I told him.

"Well, well, well, who do we have here," he questioned turning towards Liam.

"Oh, this is Liam," I introduced them.

"Hello, Sir," Liam greeted Professor Remington as they shook hands.

"Hello," Professor Remington greeted back.

"Well, we must be going now, Professor," I told him as I started to slowly walk away.

"I must be going also. Oh, and Raine?"

"Yes," I inquired.

"Happy Birthday," he told me as he turned around and walked away while humming Lady Gaga's new song.

"It's your birthday," Liam asked. Darn you, Professor!

"Yes."

          Before he could ask anything else on the subject, I opened the doors to my room. I knew it would shut him up instantly.

"Bloody hell, how did you acqurie this," he asked in complete shock.

"Well, after my parents took a baseball bat and sledgehammer to my piano after the accident, I stole some money from them. Correction, enough money to buy 12 brand new expensive pianos. In return, the members on the bord of education for Juilliard, treated me to a room. Size wise, it's as large as a private school's stage. They really outdid themselves. With this remote, I can change the station on the built-in radio, pull out my midnight-blue piano, or change the setting of the lights," I concluded with tell him the story of acquiring 'Raine's Room'.

"Why did your parents destroy your piano," he asked incredulously.

"They were distraught after the accident," I vaugely told him.

"Will I ever get to know what the 'accident' was," he asked.

"Maybe," I replied.

"So, you sing, you don't play piano anymore buy yet you have a colored piano, and you don't dance buy this humongous room is basically a huge dance studio with hidden compartments. Care to explain?"

"I dance," I defensively told him as I took off my socks and shoes and showed him my dancing scars.

"What the hell happened," he caringly asked. There he goes again with all of the caring!!

"I was dancing was when I was 9. This was when we were still back in London. I was on pointe- very rare at my age back then- and I broke my ankle and 5 bones in my foot. The doctors we went to said I couldn't dance again, buy yet, here I am," I said as I pirouetted in a circle like I would if I was in my ballet shoes.

"You can do anything," Liam stated.

"Not everything," I corrected.

"Name one thing then," he challenged.

"I can't save the living from dying."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I know I said that I would upload before friday but I wasn't able to. Then last night I was going to finish the rest of what I had typed up and my wifi wouldn't work. So please don't come hunt me down and chop my head off!! oh, and the song at the end is the song that Raine sings if anyone didn't figure it out.

~Rachel~     :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 73.3K 89
*THIS BOOK NEEDS TO BE HEAVILY EDITED* TW: kidnapping, manipulation, toxic/abusive relationship, violence, death, grief, self-harm, suicidal thoughts...
16.1K 969 21
Daehyun has everything he could ever want. He is beyond gorgeous, he has all the money in the world, and is about to get married to the most beautifu...
58K 836 26
Hello! This is my first book so there will probably be some Errors but i'll try my best to fix it. Also English is not my native language so pardon m...
633K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...