Ruby's Island (Watty awards 2...

By gizinks

Ruby is shipwrecked on a desert Island, now having to fend for herself. How will she cope with building her o... More

Ruby's Island (Watty awards 2011)
Get-A-Way
Washed Up
Not Through Want Of Trying
Food For Thought
Two's Company
Heaven Sent
Hot And Cold
Angry Fever
Lonesome Appologies
Love and Lust
Fatal Attraction
For The Love Of A Pirate
Come Dine With Me
Hungry Desires
A Woman Scorned
Bloody Moon
Running Scared
Hallowed Ground
Anatu***
In The Blink Of An Eye
A Cold Thirst
The Hunt
Home Made
A Shock To The System
Surrounded
Never Look Down
From The Heart
What Lies Beyond
Home Sweet Home
The Naming Game
End Of The Stream
A New Hope
Happy Birthday
Sorrowful Joy
A Hard Day's Night
Epilogue

The Beginning Of The End

17.7K 176 9
By gizinks

(ANOTHER CHAPTER YOU SAY, YES I SAY :D I'M IN ANOTHER WRITING MOOD LOL ENJOY, I THINK YOU GONNA LIKE THIS CHAPTER - DONT FORGET TO VOTE ETC)

P O V Ruby:-

It had been very hard at the beginning with the babies, but overtime things had started to get a little easier. Mainly because of Kade.

The first couple of weeks he had done virtually everything except from the feeding part, and I think he probably would have done that too if given the chance. Of course I did complain to start with, telling him that he was doing too much and that he would make himself ill. But Kade being Kade refused to listen and told me that I had done enough work for a lifetime by giving him two beautiful children.

So I had just sat back and rested, giving my body time to heal.

Kade was exactly what I thought he would be, loving, caring and a fantastic Dad. He loved the twins to bits, and you only had to look at him with them now to see that.

He was lying on his stomach on the sand, the twins were lying on their blanket, their cute little faces pinching up and showing their toothless grins. They were eight weeks old now and were just beginning to smile, which amused Kade greatly.

“Look........ look Ruby, Kyles smiling” or “Awww Ruby look, Athena's so cute when she smiles,” he kept saying every few minutes.

I would smile and oooh and ahhh along with him, cherishing every second that I spent with my beautiful family, loving the chubby little smiles from the babies and the big wide grin from my gorgeous boyfriend.

I sighed then settled back against the tree I was leaning against and closed my eyes, the feel of the gentle warm breeze tickling against my skin, the gentle lapping of the waves washing gently against the shore filling my ears with it's wonderful sound, my heart happy and light.

It was weird how we didn't speak about our families or homes so much now. In fact we very rarely mentioned them. I think we had finally come to realise that we were never going to leave the Island and with that acceptance, we had adapted and taken what life had given us...... Each other.

I lay drifting in and out of sleep, only waking slightly when one of the twins squealed or giggled out loud.

“Who's daddy's little soldier,” I heard Kade coo, and then “Who's Daddy's little princess.” I smiled warmly as my eyes finally succumbed to a peaceful sleep.

“Ruby...........Ruby?” Kade was shaking me roughly.

“W...what?” I groaned, my body trying to come out of it's slumber.

“RUBY, there's a boat.”

My heart already beating fast from being woken up suddenly began to beat even faster as I stumbled to my feet and looked out across the deep turquoise sea.

“Where?” I asked squinting my eyes against the bright sunlight.

I couldn't see anything.

I frowned then looked at Kade.

“There.” he pointed towards the rocky cliff that jutted out to the side of us. The same one that Tarron's boat had come round when his crew had come to pick him up.

My heart jumped into my mouth when I saw the huge yacht speeding around the cliff, then turn and head straight in our direction.

“Oh my god kade, you don't think it's more pirates do you?” I asked my body starting to shake with fright.

I rushed over and picked up Kyle, Kade closely behind me bent and swooped Athena up into his arms.

“I don't know,” he whispered chewing his bottom lip nervously. “But if it is we are not running any more Ruby. I'm tired of running.”

“But what about the twins, what if they hurt the babies,” I sobbed, tears starting to form in the corner of my eyes. I couldn't bear it if our babies got hurt. It would kill me. That was if I hadn't been killed already.

I looked back at Kade, his face flooded with worry.

“I don't think we can out run them Ruby, they are coming too fast and it looks like they have already spotted us.” He said nodding at the person stood at the front of the yacht with binoculars raised to their eyes.

I groaned loudly, my legs shaking even more as the yacht dropped anchor and a small speed boat at the back was lowered into the water.

Three people climbed into the speedboat, one of them starting the engine turned the boat then sped across the water towards us.

'Its all happening too fast' I thought as Kade wrapped his arm around my shoulder's protectively.

The speed boat came in fast, thumping hard into the sand as it hit the beach, the person steering already having lifted the engine up before it reached the shore saving it from damage.

I squinted against the sun trying to make out the two figures that climbed out of the boat and made their way up the beach towards us.

Kade groaned, then sank to his knees taking me down with him so I too was knelt before the people nearing us. 'Oh my god' I sobbed inwardly 'By the way Kade is reacting it has to be pirates.

I looked at the two people, the first a man in his early 40's, tall with blond hair, strikingly handsome and vaguely familiar. He most definitely wasn't a pirate I thought relieved.

Looking at the other person I gasped in shock. It was a female around the same age as the man with similar blond hair and pale blue eyes, the same blue eyes that I had stared into for the past 9 months.

I almost fainted as realization hit me hard.

These must be Kades parents.

“KADE, oh my god Kade it really is you.” The woman sobbed running towards us and falling to her knees in front of us.

“M...mum?” Kade cried out, his tears falling as fast as his Mothers. She hugged him to her, only just realising that he was holding a baby when Athena let out a scream of protest from being squashed.

“Son,” Kades dad spluttered as he reached his wife's side and knelt down beside her. A look of surprise spreading across his face when he saw the four of us.

“Babies.............Twins?” she suddenly squealed.

“Yes Mum, Dad, meet athena and Kyle,” he smiled proudly through his tears.

“Your grandchildren.”

Kades Mum squealed again then let out huge gasping sobs as she took in the sight of the two babies, her grandchildren and her son in front of her, while his Dad sat bewildered, his face wet his eyes never leaving his sons face.

“I...I would like you to meet somebody else that is special too,” Kade whispered softly. “This is Ruby............Ruby, this is my Mum Georgia and my Dad Robert.”

“Oh my poor baby,” Georgia suddenly cried out taking me into her arms and hugging me tight. “Having to give birth on your own on this Island, and to two babies at that.” Kade managed to prise Kyle out of my arms before his Mum squeezed him to death and passed him over to his Dad, who sat in awe staring at his baby grandson.

“Hi there little fellow,” he smiled. Kyle smiled back with his toothy grin causing Robert to let out a loud sob. “He looks just like your brother did when he was this age. Thank you son for calling him Kyle.”

“I didn't name him,” Kade smiled proudly, “It was all Ruby's Idea.”

Georgia had released me to watch Robert with their grandson, but as soon as Kade had mentioned that it was my doing in naming Kyle, she let out another spate of sobs and pulled me back into her arms.

“Well Ruby, anybody that is so pretty and intelligent and that can put up with my son for this length of time, certainly has my vote.” Robert said causing us all to laugh.

Georgia took hold of Athena in her arms and started cooing at her, while Robert passed kyle to Kade, then pulled me into a hug.

“Welcome to the family,” he smiled.

“Now how about we take you four home?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 730 41
The new era is under constant menace. See how Klaus and Elizabeth go through this dark age, how they discover more about themselves even against all...
4M 128K 41
I flinch as his hand reaches to my face, and aggressively pulls down the cloak from my head. He surveys my tear stained face and jewelry all the way...
29.6K 1.1K 46
His eyes shone the deepest shade of red. Black vein could be seen appearing on his neck. Everyone in the room felt the anger emitting from him. Someo...
26.1K 746 16
"I'll never be your Queen!" Princess Viola spat at him, her voice laced with determination. King Archer leaned forwards on his throne, glaring at her...