The Beginning Of The End

(ANOTHER CHAPTER YOU SAY, YES I SAY :D I'M IN ANOTHER WRITING MOOD LOL ENJOY, I THINK YOU GONNA LIKE THIS CHAPTER - DONT FORGET TO VOTE ETC)

P O V Ruby:-

It had been very hard at the beginning with the babies, but overtime things had started to get a little easier. Mainly because of Kade.

The first couple of weeks he had done virtually everything except from the feeding part, and I think he probably would have done that too if given the chance. Of course I did complain to start with, telling him that he was doing too much and that he would make himself ill. But Kade being Kade refused to listen and told me that I had done enough work for a lifetime by giving him two beautiful children.

So I had just sat back and rested, giving my body time to heal.

Kade was exactly what I thought he would be, loving, caring and a fantastic Dad. He loved the twins to bits, and you only had to look at him with them now to see that.

He was lying on his stomach on the sand, the twins were lying on their blanket, their cute little faces pinching up and showing their toothless grins. They were eight weeks old now and were just beginning to smile, which amused Kade greatly.

“Look........ look Ruby, Kyles smiling” or “Awww Ruby look, Athena's so cute when she smiles,” he kept saying every few minutes.

I would smile and oooh and ahhh along with him, cherishing every second that I spent with my beautiful family, loving the chubby little smiles from the babies and the big wide grin from my gorgeous boyfriend.

I sighed then settled back against the tree I was leaning against and closed my eyes, the feel of the gentle warm breeze tickling against my skin, the gentle lapping of the waves washing gently against the shore filling my ears with it's wonderful sound, my heart happy and light.

It was weird how we didn't speak about our families or homes so much now. In fact we very rarely mentioned them. I think we had finally come to realise that we were never going to leave the Island and with that acceptance, we had adapted and taken what life had given us...... Each other.

I lay drifting in and out of sleep, only waking slightly when one of the twins squealed or giggled out loud.

“Who's daddy's little soldier,” I heard Kade coo, and then “Who's Daddy's little princess.” I smiled warmly as my eyes finally succumbed to a peaceful sleep.

“Ruby...........Ruby?” Kade was shaking me roughly.

“W...what?” I groaned, my body trying to come out of it's slumber.

“RUBY, there's a boat.”

My heart already beating fast from being woken up suddenly began to beat even faster as I stumbled to my feet and looked out across the deep turquoise sea.

“Where?” I asked squinting my eyes against the bright sunlight.

I couldn't see anything.

I frowned then looked at Kade.

“There.” he pointed towards the rocky cliff that jutted out to the side of us. The same one that Tarron's boat had come round when his crew had come to pick him up.