Royals: A Different Beginning

Autorstwa royalkennedylover

*Alternate Beginning to the Royals Series* In this special edition to the Royals Series, Jackie Baker and Pri... Więcej

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 6

4.1K 86 5
Autorstwa royalkennedylover

'Inside Will and Kate's Engagement Party!'

'Clarence House was bumping last Friday as 50 guests enjoyed a party celebrating the engagement of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.'

'The guest list was composed of close family and friends of the couple, including the Middleton clan, Prince Charles and Camilla, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, and of course, Prince Harry and Jacqueline Baker.'

'Guests dined on a meal catered by a local London restaurant, and danced the night away to music mixed by a DJ. Prince Harry reportedly took a turn at the DJ stand, an insider tells the DailyMail he's a natural.'

'"Harry was sort of the MC for the night, he gave a speech and introduced the other speakers, like Charles and Jackie [Baker]. He's great fun, and really spiced up the night," says the insider. They also reported Jacqueline "Jackie" Baker was the party-planner, and she did an outstanding job. "Everyone had a lot of fun."'

'The royal wedding is rumored to be taking place in April of next year, just 5 short months away. Though the wedding party hasn't been announced, as the planner of the engagement party, it seems Jackie Baker may have the maid of honor spot. 

'As for a Prince Harry and Jackie Baker reunion, the verdict is still out. The couple dated from 2001-2008, their split hardly amicable.  A source close to Ms. Baker tells the DailyMail that, "He broke her heart and devastated himself in the process. Jackie's healed now, so who knows what will happen."'

---

Jackie closed her laptop, her mind racing. She assumed a member of the catering staff had leaked the details about the party, it was nearly inevitable. As to the claim that Harry  broke her heart, she had no idea who would tell the press. It was true, but no member of the catering staff would know that.

She curled up on her couch, resting her head against the wall. She'd just returned from a 12 hour shift at the hospital, and only had 12 hours until she went back. Jackie planned on taking a long shower, eating some Chinese food, and getting a good night's sleep. 

Before she could dial her favorite carry-out restaurant, her phone rang in her hand. 

"Hello?"

"Jackie!" Kate's voice called from the other end. 

"Hey!" Jackie kicked off her tennis shoes. "What's up?"

"Will and I wanted to get some of our friends together and go out tomorrow night," Kate said. Jackie could hear two voices in the background, and it didn't take long for her to realize they belonged to Will and Harry. 

"Who's invited?" Jackie asked. 

"Will and I, you, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie, and anyone you can think of," Kate replied. Jackie could hear Harry's muffled voice say something, and William laugh in response. She bristled at the thought of Harry mocking her- though she couldn't be certain that's what he was doing. 

Jackie blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "Can I bring a date?" 

Kate paused. "Sure, but who?"

"You haven't met him," Jackie lied. "I guess you'll see tomorrow."

---

"I don't know who I can bring," Jackie groaned, rubbing her temples.

Emily looked sympathetic. "Did you ask John in pediatrics?"

Jackie nodded. "And Ben the EMT and Robert in oncology."

Jackie and Emily had scraped the bottom of the single-male-hospital-worker barrel. She was desperate- someone had to go out with her to Boujis, the favorite club of just about every VIP in London, to make Harry jealous. She didn't know why she felt the strong urge to make Harry feel uncomfortable and upset, but it was driving her to extreme lengths to find a date.

"I don't know, Jackie. You might have to pick someone up on the street on your way," Emily said, leaning back in her chair at the nurse's station. Jackie leaned against the counter, racking her brain. 

A hand landed on Jackie's shoulder. She didn't even have to look to know who it was. 

"Hello, ladies."

"Hi, Dr. Ted," Jackie and Emily sighed. It only took a moment for the women to look at each other, their eyes widening. 

Jackie turned to Dr. Ted, putting on her best smile. "What are your plans for tonight?"

Dr. Ted looked shocked. "I- um-"

"Nothing?" Jackie asked. She felt a strange combination of emotions: hopefulness that Dr. Ted would go with her, and disgust that she was even speaking to him. 

"No, I'm free."

"Do you want to come to Boujis with me and some friends?" Jackie asked hopefully.

Dr. Ted nodded hastily, managing to choke out, "Yes!"

Jackie forced a smile as Emily gawked at her in disbelief. "Okay, meet me there at 10."

---

The thudding of the bass inside of Boujis shook the sidewalk outside of the club. Jackie peered over the dozens of heads waiting in line to get in, searching for Dr. Ted. She had slipped through the back door with Will, Kate, Harry, Beatrice, and Eugenie, but her date had yet to arrive. Jackie was careful to stay mostly hidden from sight behind a large fronded plant next to the entrance. Finally, she saw Dr. Ted appear around the corner. To her dismay he was wearing a tuxedo- the tuxedo he bought while shopping with his mom. 

Jackie poked her head out, waving him over. Because he was with Jackie, a celebrity, Dr. Ted got past the bouncer without a problem. 

"Jackie, good to see you!" Dr. Ted gushed, leaning in to give Jackie a kiss

She dodged it with ease, leaving Dr. Ted to give her an awkward hug. 

"Should we go in, then?" Jackie asked, a bit breathlessly. She led Dr. Ted inside. With her heels on, Jackie was a bit taller than him, so she felt like his mother as they weaved through the crowded and loud club. 

Dr. Ted bought Jackie a drink, which she eagerly accepted. Her eyes scanned the room for her friends, whom she spotted near the VIP lounge. "Come on," Jackie called, motioning for Ted to follow. 

Jackie waved to her friends as she approached, disappointed that Harry was no where in sight. Kate and the others smiled as Jackie introduced them to Ted. "Everyone, this is my friend, Ted Marshall." 

"Hi, Ted Marshall, good to meet you," Kate said, sticking out her hand. 

Dr. Ted shook her hand, leaning in, yelling a bit too loud even for the packed club. "Dr. Ted is fine!"

Kate's brows raised ever so slightly, her eyes flicking to Jackie. Jackie had told Kate about a million work horror stories about her interactions with Dr. Ted, so she was sure her friend was totally confused as to why he was her date for the night. "Alright then, Dr. Ted." 

Beatrice and Eugenie thought Dr. Ted was absolutely hilarious, though Jackie wasn't sure if they were laughing with him or at him. The sisters were a fun time and had the naughty, teasing sense of humor of their mother, Sarah "Fergie" Ferguson, Duchess of York. 

After about two minutes of listening to Dr. Ted attempt to explain the proper methods of a colon MRI to Kate and William, Jackie had enough. "I'm going to get another drink, anyone want anything?"

Everyone shook their heads, and Dr. Ted was too absorbed in his story to follow as Jackie made her way back to the bar. She leaned against it with a sigh, resting her head on the sticky surface. 

"Tired?" a voice asked. 

Jackie lifted her head up to see Harry standing next to her, his back against the bar, a beer in hand. "No, just resting. Only one beer tonight?" 

Harry was unfazed by Jackie's dig. "Did your boyfriend keep you up all night?"

Jackie scowled. "Maybe." 

"Why don't you just tell him to get lost?" Harry asked. "He's obviously bothering you."

"I happen to really like Dr. Ted," Jackie sniffed. She pretended to look around. "Where's Chelsy? Or Cressida?" 

Harry turned to face Jackie, letting out a small laugh. "I'm unaccompanied tonight." 

"Pity," Jackie shot back. She eyed Harry a bit. "Why?"

"I haven't seen Chelsy since last year, and Cressida-" he paused at the name of his most recent girlfriend, "-had to focus on her career." 

Jackie pursed her lips. The last she'd heard Harry and Cressida were still together. Her frozen heart softened for a moment. "Well, that's too bad. I'm sorry to hear that." 

"It's alright, it wasn't working out anyway. She was always complaining about the paparazzi, and just about everything else, for that matter." Harry nudged Jackie. "She couldn't handle everything like you." 

Jackie nearly cracked a smile. "Well, not everyone's cut out for it." 

"Speaking of that-" Harry was cut off when another body snaked in between them. Jackie groaned at the sight of Dr. Ted, his eyes a bit wild. 

Dr. Ted stuck out his hand to Harry. "I'm Dr. Ted, Jackie's boyfriend. Who are you?"

Harry laughed loudly. "I'm Harry, Jackie's bodyguard. I'm going to have to ask you to remain at least five paces from Ms. Baker." 

Dr. Ted squared his shoulders. "Listen, Jackie doesn't want you bothering her-" 

Harry cut him off. "I think you're a bit confused as to which of us are bothering her." 

"You're the one who broke her heart!" Dr. Ted screeched, slamming his fist on the bar. 

Jackie's mouth hung open. She stopped Harry, who was about to say something. "Ted, get out of here."

Dr. Ted looked confused. "Jackie- wait-" 

She shook her head. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have invited you."

Dr. Ted was going to speak, but Jackie's cold stare and Harry looming over his shoulder was enough to send him running for the hills. 

"Good for you, standing up for yourself!" Harry congratulated, holding up a hand.

Jackie high-fived him, and for only a second, it felt like the old days. She had to remind herself that it wasn't 2004, and that she was still mad at Harry for what he did to her. Jackie handed Harry her empty glass and said, "I don't appreciate you bullying my boyfriend." 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

647K 12.7K 93
Prince Harry of Wales is engaged to marry a beautiful American actress. He loves her...or so he keeps telling himself. He's ready to marry. She's the...
26.8K 409 8
Victoria and Prince Harry have been best friends since their birth. Victoria has had deeper feelings for Harry for half her adult life. Harry always...
168K 3.9K 20
*Seventh book in the Royals Series* Now a seasoned member of the British Royal Family and a mother of three, Jackie Baker's world is almost unrecogni...
390K 7.1K 81
Amelia Saunders married Prince George of Wales in 2010, in a lavish ceremony in London, after being in a relationship with the heir to the heir since...