The Journey Taken Together

By Alexa781

Love is a strong word. It is said to those we care for the most. Some think love never dies. However, this is... More

The Journey Taken Together
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Playlist
Dedication
The Journey Taken Together: Editing
Raffles~
Gold Ivory Awards
How to Love: An Ultimate Guide

Chapter Seven

262 72 50
By Alexa781

**Dedicated to SugaPie123**

(Officially Edited)

~Thea~

With nowhere to go and no one to call, I continue driving. I don't know how I'm going to get to California without any money, but I desperately need to see Dennis. I trust only him with the knowledge of what just happened. I'm not scared of Daniel anymore; I don't have to be. I'm done with him, and that is final.

Suddenly, my cell phone beeps. Pulling over, I hesitantly dig it out of my pocket, and look at the front screen.

One new message from: Daniel.

Should I read the message . . . or should I just block him . . .

After about ten minutes of sitting and staring at the phone, I unlock my screen and decide to read the message.

Daniel: Baby, I'm so sorry for doing what I did. I . . . I wasn't thinking, and I was really mad about other things. I didn't mean to take it out on you and I'm so sorry. Please . . . come home . . . I love you . . .

I re-read the message over and over in the abandoned parking lot. My vision starts to get blurry as my eyes fill with tears. All of this time spent on a faulty relationship; I should've just broken up with him after I found out he was cheating on me the first time. But of course, being as forgiving and gullible as I am, I decided to stay with him. My fingers graze over the keyboard, and I begin typing.

Me: No Daniel. I am done with your games. It is time for both of us to move on and be happy. I'm not sorry one bit for all of the pain this may cause you. You have caused me much more physical AND emotional pain than I could ever deal to one person. We are through. Goodbye Daniel, and have fun with your other toys.

I send the text after rereading it and decide to remove Daniel from my contacts. Because we are not legally together, no lawyers need to be involved. I look down at my hands and examine the ring that Daniel gave me. I remember that day so clearly . . . I could never forget it.

"Here you are," the waiter says, guiding us to our table. Both Daniel and I take our seats and we smile at each other.

We were so happy then . . . like nothing could break us apart.

I remember looking around the room in awe.

Chandeliers light up the room, giving it a golden tint. Round tables draped with silk sloths fill the white tile floor. There are seats made of red velvet fabric.

I certainly had never been to a restaurant that fancy.

"Wow . . . it's beautiful," I say, looking at my boyfriend.

"A very beautiful place for the most beautiful woman in the world," he says, winking at me. I feel the blood rushing to my cheeks and try to hide my face, but Daniel notices, and runs his hand on my cheek. We order our food and after about half an hour of waiting, the food is finally served to us. I stare down at the steak the waiter gave to me. I graze my knife over the fresh char lines and sink my knife into it. I cut off a piece and look at the inside. A nice, pink ring was visible in the middle of it.

"Mmmmmm, my favorite," I say and Daniel smiles. I look at his plate and then at him with a disgusting, but playful look on my face. He ordered some crab legs with a small plate of butter. Coating the crab with butter, he looks up at me.

"What is that look for?" he asks, grinning at me.

I always loved playing around with him, even if the situation was serious.

"Oh nothing," I say, digging into my steak with a smirk. We continue to eat casually, our conversation consisting of small talk. After we finish, Daniel orders dessert.

He begins acting weird. And by weird, I mean unusually awkward. He looks back to check on the waiter at least every five minutes. Finally, I spot the waiter in the window with our food, and Daniel gets up. Confused, I stare at him as he approaches the waiter. After about a second of waiting, Daniel returns, carrying a plate with a single slice of my favorite cheesecake.

Before I knew it, he was bending on one knee with the cake. Giggling, I look down at the dessert he was carrying and gasp. A small, diamond ring sits in the middle of the cheesecake, and I look into his eyes. I begin to speak, but Daniel stops me.

"Thea, would you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" he asks, and I throw my arms around him screaming 'yes'.

That day was one of my most favorite days in my entire life. Now, I feel as though it is collapsing on top of itself. I feel like I'm suffocating on all of our good memories together.

All of our dates . . . everything we've been through . . .

After crying for at least fifteen minutes in my car, I decide to drive to the nearest pawn shop. I turn in the ring for $3,000, just enough money to make it to California. I set off on the road for about ten long hours.

When I arrive at the hospital, I approach the front desk with ease. The woman looks up from the desk and frowns. I wipe my eyes more, getting rid of any existing tears on my face. I blush with embarrassment and turn my head, and all at once, she turns towards me while giving me a small smile.

"May I help you?" she asks politely.

"Yes, I'm here to see Dennis. Dennis Ford," I say softly, nearly choking on my own words.

"Thea Bartholomew?" the woman asks. I nod slowly, and she gives me the room number. I board the empty elevator, and it starts going up to my destination. It stops on the second floor, and about ten people get on. Feeling cramped, I head towards the front of the elevator to get off on the third floor. The elevator reaches my designated stop, and I shove people out of the way that are trying to get in.

Getting glares from people down the hallway, I rush to get to Dennis's room. Not looking back, I continue searching for it. Peering down every hallway, I look for the letter matching the small paper the lady gave to me. I finally find the matching number after about ten minutes of searching the hallways. I turn my head left and right to find the number listed on the paper.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see a faint number and stop. I look at it and look down at my paper. I slowly walk into the room and see a male resting on a hospital bed.

Approaching the bed, I notice the conditions of the room. It is pure white, with one other bed. It is in pristine condition, like it has not been touched by anything. A large, rectangular window fills the back wall of the room. I turn towards the bed, and lying there is Dennis with his eyes closed. There is a nurse checking on him, and I stand quietly. She turns around and I see Dennis's eyes pop right open. He looks at me and smiles.

"Dennis," I say and his smile gets wider. Seeing Dennis for the first time in a year feels different. All of the memories come flooding back to me, and I start to tear up.

"Thea," he whispers, and I hug him. Out of the corner of my eye, I see him look at my bruises. I try to cover them up, but it's too late. He locks our hands together, looking very concerned.

"Thea . . . are you okay?" he asks, and I immediately look away. I don't want to answer him right now, not with other people around. I want him to know and only him.

"I will tell you about it later," I say, slowly inching away from him. He gently grabs my hand and rubs his thumb against my palm, giving me a sincere look.

I hope this is what he's been waiting for . . .

~Dennis~

We continue looking at each other, our gaze growing intense. I squeeze her hand lightly to show protection, and her cheeks turn pink. Smiling, I pull her a little closer to me.

I hear high heels against the floor, breaking the silence. I glance over at the door, and the same annoying nurse is just staring at us. I pull Thea closer to me and kiss the top of her head. The woman begins walking out of the room.

"Wait," I say, and she turns around. She slowly walks back into the doorway of the room, her face red.

"Y . . . yes Mr. Ford?" she stutters, looking very nervous.

"I never got your name," I reply, adjusting my position on the bed.

"It's . . . Samantha," she says, looking away shyly.

"Alright, Samantha, do you know when I can go home?"

"I was coming in just about that . . . you may leave now," she says and leaves quickly. I pull Thea up and kiss her forehead. She smiles and gets off of me, slowly sitting me up.

"Do you have any clothes?" Thea asks, looking around.

"No, the only clothes I had were the ones I was wearing during the accident," I say, looking down.

How can I leave if I don't have any clothes?

"Is your house nearby? If not, I can go buy you some from the store," Thea says while grabbing my hand. My heart begins to race again as I look into her eyes.

"No, my house is a bit away. You don't have to buy me clothes, love," I say, squeezing her hand.

"Okay . . . so you are going out in that?" she gives me a playful, yet disgusting look, and it causes me to giggle.

"Sure, why not," I say, attempting to get up. My back gets halfway off the bed, and I slump back down, my body stiff from staying for a few days.

"Need help?" she sticks out her tongue, and the memory of our first 'date' comes to mind.

"Well . . . I was gonna say you look nice today . . . but nah," I tease, and she pulls me off the bed.

I get up and link my arm with hers for stabilization. "So . . . how have you been?" I ask, trying to break the silence.

"Let's not talk about that. How about you?" she rubs my arm, changing the subject. We walk out of the room and down the long hallway leading up to the elevator.

"I've been alright," I decide to lie. Looking over at Thea, I see her bite her lip.

I run my hand over her other cheek. "Ow," she yelps, and I immediately move my hand. Standing in front of her, I look at her cheek. A light purple bruise takes up a fourth of it, and I frown. We take the elevator down in silence and give our goodbyes to nearby nurses.

"C'mon, let's go home," I say, and we walk out of the hospital hand in hand.

A/N

Heyyy ^^

They finally reunited! Do you think it is going to end well?

If you guys need any feedback, feel free to request a critique from me in my book, Lexa's Luscious Critiques.

Thank you guys for everything <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 10.6K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
6K 211 22
Working for a rich family like the Thompson's, knowing that she was just like them once was hard for Amelia. The fact that she now had nothing left a...
14.2K 471 28
Dakota Mason has never been one with a normal teenage life. She spend half her life being ruthless and cold. Everyone she has ever loved abandonded h...
374 11 22
Melinda Golborne has been a selective mute ever since a family tragedy left her without a voice. Though she's managed to get through life by keeping...